Start by marking “One Christmas in Paris” as Want to Read:
One Christmas in Paris

One Christmas in Paris

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  726 ratings  ·  154 reviews
They say Paris is the City of Love, so bring your je ne sais quoi and don’t forget the mistletoe!

Ava and her best friend Debs arrive in Paris just as the snow starts to fall. The Eiffel Tower glitters gold and the scent of spiced wine is all around, but all Ava can think about is Leo, her no-good, cheating ex.

Debs is on a mission to make Ava smile again, and as they tour
Published October 7th 2016 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about One Christmas in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Christmas in Paris

Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha AshleyThe Gift by Cecelia AhernThe Night Before Christmas by Scarlett BaileyIt Started With A Kiss by Miranda DickinsonChristmas at the Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan
Christmas Chick Lit
297 books — 417 voters
ISAN by Mary TingSalvage by Alexandra DuncanTrapped In Silver by Emily SowdenSin City, Vol. 2 by Frank MillerSpare Brides by Adele Parks
"Ava"
102 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

really liked it 4.00  ·

Irena
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
When it comes to books, there's nothing I like more then to read them on cold days, with a cup of chocolate coffee in my hand, while the Chirstmas (or Disney piano) music is playing.
And you know what kind of books I love to read the most?
Festive reads! They are my favorite, and I could read them all year long.

Now when the Christmas is officially approaching, Christmas books have overtaken my reading schedule.
I have already read more then few books that take part during winter, but One Christmas
Nina
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 Sterne. Ich habe das Buch in der Zeit zwischen Weihnachten und Neujahr gelesen und ich finde die Zeit dafür ist perfekt. Die Liebesgeschichte hat mir toll gefallen und ich die generelle Stimmung im Buch. Wie die beiden Protagonisten sich einander angenähert und kennengelernt haben, war wirklich schön gemacht und toll geschrieben.
Dennoch hätte das Buch meiner Meinung nach ein paar Längen und im Kontrast dazu kam das Ende dann ziemlich plötzlich und übereilt. Generell hätte ich eher mit einer
Katharina | katharia
3,5 Sterne
Am Anfang war ich ja kurzzeitig super genervt von beiden, aber das hat sich schnell gelegt. Seit Julien gesagt hat, dass er Coldplay mag, war alles wieder gut.
Mir hat die Atmosphäre des Buches so unglaublich gut gefallen. Man konnte sich alles so wunderbar vorstellen - vor allem wegen der Ortsangaben vor jedem Kapitel. Ich will nach Paris - JETZT!
Zum Ende hin wurde das Buch immer besser und fesselnder. Das hat mir am Anfang etwas gefehlt. Keine Insta-Love, aber trotzdem eine schöne
Liina
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Christmas time is getting closer, but Eva's life is a mess, she found out that her boyfriend cheated on her, she's out of job and her mother is trying to persuade her to be a model, which is not something she wants to do. When Ava's best friend Debs offers to go to Paris, she is more than happy to do so. Eva and Debs have different reasons for the trip, but it's something they both really need.

Julien is in a low point in his life, after losing his sister, he hasn't been the same man and has not
Eve Devon
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this book. The Paris setting was lovely, completely Christmassy and beautifully romantic. One Christmas in Paris is rich and warm. Full of romance with witty touches that make the characters real and interesting. A great way to spend a cold afternoon, curled up in a cosy armchair next to your Christmas tree, indulging in great story-telling (and chocolates and tea!) :)
Mel
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5/5 Sterne
Zoe
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Romantic, clever, and delightfully beguiling!

This story is set in the magical City of Lights and takes us on a journey into the lives of two main characters; Ava, a young woman trying to find her true self amongst familial pressures and recent heartbreak; and Julien, a young man desperately struggling to persevere after the loss of a loved one and personal injury.

The prose is elegant and effortless. The imagery is exquisite. The main characters are genuine, multi-faceted, loyal, fun, and charmin
Lecabel
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ein zauberhaftes Buch, das die Magie der Weihnacht und der Liebe wunderschön einfängt♡.
ich bin komplett ohne Erwartungen an das Buch ran gegangen, aber hab mich verliebt.
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Christmas...Paris..French Food.....a girl trying to work out who she is...a dashing photographer....Christmas markets...and Mandy Baggot. What a fantastic combination, that has produced a wonderful story.

Lets take these one thing at a time - Christmas. There are definitely a lot of festive elements in this book, and I loved some of the smaller details, about baubles and other decorations in various places. France at this time of year sounds beautiful.

Which brings me on nicely to Paris, well th
Lea
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nina
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,3 Sterne

Eine süße Geschichte, bei der mir aber irgendwie was gefehlt hat.

Es wurden sehr viele Themen angesprochen, aber ich finde, dass nur die wenigsten von ihnen richtig ausgearbeitet waren.
Die Liebesgeschichte hat mir wohl am besten gefallen. Wie sich die Beiden langsam kennengelernt haben, war wirklich niedlich und es ging auch nicht zu schnell, was ich zunächst befürchtet hatte.
Jedoch gingen mir dann ein paar andere Sachen etwas zu schnell, bei denen ich mehr Diskussionen erwartet oder
Ellen
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
A total escapist bonbon, this romance sets all scenes in various parts of Paris. Ava is trying to escape her controlling mother, and cheating ex by accompanying her friend to Paris. I needed a quick enjoyable read and this was just that.
Melanie
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh man this was adorable! Loved every page of it and often had a little tear or two in my eye. Beautiful
Shaz Goodwin
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

It’s always the books you enjoy the most that are the hardest to share your thoughts about …

Ava, with her recently failed relationship and living her life to the prescript of her mother, is a fabulously flawed character who drew me in from the very first chapter. Off to Paris with best friend Debs to escape her latest let down she finds out there’s more to Debs’ trip to Paris than she let on.

A scene in Paris with Julien, his father Gerard and step-mother-t
cocoline_reads
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eine wundervolle Geschichte ❄☃🎄 ...more
Jessica
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was just a magical christmas read.

The cover of this book is just as beautiful as the story inside.

I've always wanted to go to Paris especially at christmas! How lovely and romantic would it be, well I found out in Avas story.

From the very begining Ava is a character you just feel for, shes just found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and her mother is always on her back wanting her to do all these diets and get in shape for a ton of modelling jobs.

A drastic haircut later and her b
Renita D'Silva
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, feel good read oozing with Christmas spirit. Mandy Baggot writes with such assurance and charm, skilfully weaving a spell with her beautiful words that takes us right into the heart of this lovely story. I did not want to finish this book - loved the beautiful descriptions of Paris, and the food made me drool.. Loved this amazing read and would recommend it to everyone. A must read!
Steffi
You love Christmas in New York?! Forget New York, here comes Paris.

A snowy Christmas in Paris must be truly magical. Something I never experienced, but Mandy Baggot brought it to life for me. The setting in Paris was simply wonderful and I could easily imagine the snow in the streets of Paris, the Christmas lights around all the beautiful sights.

I really ejoyed the story of Ava and Julien and it was wonderful exploring Paris with them. The love story develops rather slowly which I definetely enj
Claire Wilson
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
One Christmas in Paris by Mandy Baggot is described as a perfect feel good Christmas romance and it doesn't disappoint. I've loved all of Mandy's novels, whether they are set in the summer or the winter. The only aspect that stopped me rating the novel 5 stars was the overuse of the word 'totes' - which is not a reflection on Mandy's writing skills - I just hate that word with a fiery passion. When Ava follows her friend to Paris in the run up to Christmas, the last thing she wants is to find lo ...more
April
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
Thanks to net galley.com for the ARC!

This book is totes awesome! This book has amazing character development and how they opened themselves up to love and to possibilities of love was great! When the girls were following around Deb's step-dad's friend and then when they approached them in the restaurant so totes good and best part was the grow your own rainbow gift! So many good parts to this book, it is a page turner and a book that just transports you Paris at Christmas time. I loved these ch
Tracey
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publishers and netgalley for giving me the opportunity to review this book x
This book had the magic of Christmas written on every page. Been transported to Paris made it even more romantic. I absolutely adored it. The characters were adorable, there were funny scenes too. This was a winters day book with a French baguette in the mix. Totally Scrumcious

I rate this book 5/5
michelle  Simons
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ava is struggling with a mother who wants to take over her life, a cheating boyfriend and the loss of her job. A trip to Paris with her best friend and a chance meeting of a good looking man changes everything. Is all in her life exactly as it appears?

A book filled with romantic promise and rather yummy French food. There cannot be a much better combination in my view.
Emma Jonasson
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
En bok som utlöser många fnissatacker samtidigt som dem utlovar romantik och klichéer. Med andra ord en perfekt feelgood bok för mig. I sin genre är den värd fem stjärnor men om man ändå måste jämföra med andra böcker måste man kanske hålla igen lite?
Camilla
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desideravo leggere una vera e propria un storia ambientata nel periodo natalizio e questa lo è a tutti gli effetti.
Protagonisti di questo libro sono Ava e Julien, una modella inglese alle prese con la recente scoperta del tradimento del fidanzato e lui, invece, un giovane fotografo francese rimasto bloccato nel lutto di un famigliare.
Dopo essere uscita dal parrucchiere ritrovandosi, dopo un colpo di testa, con un'acconciatura fuori dagli schemi, Ava si ritrova spaesata e soprattutto stanca del
Linda
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon, christmas, romance
This tale immersed me in the sights and sounds of Paris and left me salivating for Camembert and croissants.

“We don’t wish the day away. We embrace every second. Every new sunrise brings the possibility of possibilities.”

One Christmas in Paris by Mandy Baggot is a contemporary romance set in the City of Lights and Love and teeming with the magic of Christmas. There’s French food, Christmas markets, sightseeing excursions to many famous Parisian landmarks, quirky supporting characters, a dashin
barely.lived
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein tolles Weihnachtsbuch das sofort Wohlfühlstimmung aufkommen lässt und perfekt in die Jahreszeit passt. Die Liebesgeschichte ist echt süß und die Beschreibungen zu Paris machen das ganze sehr realistisch und wecken das Fernweh. Außerdem wird die Geschichte zwischenzeitlich auch etwas Tiefgründiger. Trotzdem bleibt eine positive, weihnachtliche Stimmung. Der Schreibstil ist sehr locker und flüssig und es gibt nir wenige Stellen wo es sich etwas zieht. Ich hätte mir gewünscht das die Liebesgesc ...more
Kati Wind
3.5* :)
Mary Claire
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow. I'll start to review some books around the weekend.
just suffice for now, I loved it. truly madly deeply loved it. 4.5 stars.
screativespaces
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein tolles Buch für kuschelige Abende im Bett um in Weihnachtsstimmung zu kommen
Kathy Kugelman
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Mandy Baggot novel that I have read after just reading her latest holiday novel,
One Christmas in New York. Another five star read. Christmas, romance in the city of love, Paris. I look forward to reading more of Mandy's books. Highly recommend.
  • Christmas Under a Starlit Sky (A Town Called Christmas #2)
  • The Christmas Cake Cafe
  • Winter at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck Book 1)
  • Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas Jumper
  • Christmas at the Little Village Bakery
  • The Christmas Lights
  • The Cosy Canal Boat Dream
  • Revenge
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Two Bar Mitzvahs (No Weddings, #3)
  • The Wedding Diary
  • Make A Christmas Wish: A heartwarming, witty and magical festive treat!
  • The Best Little Christmas Shop
  • The Little Christmas Kitchen
  • Last Christmas
  • Christmas at the Dancing Duck
  • Secret Somethings
  • Make My Wish Come True
Mandy Baggot is an international bestselling and award-winning romance writer.

The winner of the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance, her romantic comedy novel, One Wish in Manhattan, was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists’ Association Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year award in 2016.

Mandy loves the Greek island of Corfu, white wine, country music and handba
“Where they are setting up the market, it used to be a place for torture,” Julien remarked, indicating the place in front of them.
“Wow,” Ava said. “I know I said I wanted to ditch the romanticized idea of Paris with couples and hearts and flowers but I wasn’t thinking of touring all the places they once did waterboarding.”
1 likes
“I cannot speak for someone I do not know, but he was looking for adoration not love and there is a big difference.” 1 likes