Start by marking “A Lethal Mistake (Bissonet & Cruz Investigations #3)” as Want to Read:
A Lethal Mistake (Bissonet & Cruz Investigations #3)

A Lethal Mistake

(Bissonet & Cruz Investigations #3)

Bissonet & Cruz Investigations: Book Three

Beau Bissonet and Tollison Cruz are back, along with Bruce, Auggie, and now Bastien, Tollison's ex-partner. From the initial spark between them in Zurich, Bruce and Bastien's attraction has flared, and Bastien has come to the Big Easy to explore what lies ahead for them.

It's Mardi Gras, and New Orleans is alive and fes
Published September 14th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Lethal Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lethal Mistake

Natosha Wilson
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is first book that I have read In this series and I have to be completely honest and say that I have been missing out if the previous two books are anywhere near as good as this book was. Scotty Cade blew me away with the book and especially one major event that took place.

This book in my opinion did not have two main characters like most books do but instead had four main characters. The series itself revolves around Beau and Tollison. But in this book it also revolved around Bruce and Ba
Cee Brown
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abc-reads
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (.•Tell me it's not over!!!

I thought I was enamored of The Royal Street Heist and could not get enough of Veiled Loyalties, but man oh man, A Lethal Mistake just bought it all home.

"I'll teach these (expletive) queers a lesson."

With those words, danger was once again bought to the lives of the Bissonet/Cruz family. Every officer knows not to get relaxed during Mardi Gras and neither do Beau and Cruz. When they are called upon to help solve the murder of several men at different points of Mardi Gras, there is no.•Tell
Lisa The Novel Approach
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What happens when four exes come together? Lots of raw feelings and emotions, remembering what went wrong and blaming. Longtime friend, Auggie, has to face old emotional wounds too: losing partners, friends, and the break-up of Beau and Bruce.

Bastien Andros and Bruce Jenkins first met in Zurich during a rescue mission. They spent time together after the rescue, until Bruce had to leave for New Orleans. Even though they kept in touch, Bastien has made the trip to see where things will
Kragthang
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-mystery
While the last book felt a bit rushed to me, the third installment of Bissonet & Cruz had everything I liked in the first book.
We learn more about Bruce, who felt like the third wheel in the other books. And we see how the dynamics between Beau and Bruce and also between Tolliver and Bastien change for the better thanks to their respective partners, who see the things that have gone wrong in the past from an outside perspective.
The case around Mardi Gras was great. The victims thoughts rig
Bo
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complicated, Complex, Complete

I would assume that this series may not be over for one reason: The man on the cover has to be Bruce, whose ex-lover Beau graced the first cover and Beau's new lover Tollison had to be on the second. That leaves Bastian, Bruce's new lover, with a cover-to-come.

But if Scotty Cade is through with this quartet, he could not have come up with a better plot, or as complicated a bunch of mid-30s men seeking the true meaning of love.

And in this one
Suze
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this is my favourite of the three stories.
A decent mystery with the serial killer and the interesting thoughts of the victims. Lots of dead ends and then little steps forward.
The many relationships develop more, especially Bruce and Bastien.
The Mardi Gras parades provide humour with the collection of the beads, toys and other items, as well as providing the murder scenes.
The blurb does give a hint of what is to come and I did spend time wondering who. Perhaps the
Faye Kennedy
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Another wonderful book in this series by Scotty Cade.
A serial killer is planing to take out his selected victims at the mardi grass parade...
Beau, Tollison with Bruce and Sebastien sort out a few more last grievances with their ex's boyfriends together.. I loved Beau and Tollison's funny banter throughout the book.
With Bruce and Beau and Toll and the rest of the team, can they catch the killer before they strike again. A sad part at the ending but in a good way, I will miss. Sorry I spea
Maryann Kafka
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another suspenseful Bissonet & Cruz investigation from Scotty Cade. Besides trying to catch a serial murderer, four ex's are still dealing with raw feelings, emotions and what went wrong in their relationships. Even Auggie has to face some emotional wounds too. When tragedy strikes this group, will they be able to forgive and forget?

Absolutely a favorite series for me and no better place to be than New Orleans.
CB
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
3rd book in the series and yes, I highly recommend reading the first two. They characters all build and grow throughout. I continue to be enthralled with them and enjoyed watching them develop. I can only hope there are more to come as there is certainly room for more investigations and these guys are sexy and witty enough to carry off several more stories!!
Shelly
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoy all of Scotty Cade's book very much. This is a continuation of two other books but can still be read alone because it is it's own story. I enjoy the characters and the mystery to the story along with the glimpse of Mardi Gras. The people want what is best for everyone but each has their own personal flaws that make them unique.
Deirdre Ellison
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good conclusion

I am glad Bruce got his HEA. Just show that even when we make mistakes there is still second chances at love. The story had a good plot and was well written.
Marbea Logan
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the few series I'm keeping up with. I can't wait for the next adventures of Bissonet&Cruz Investigations. This series gets better and better, not a mystery unsolved or romance conquered!
Misty
Cristina
Sep 25, 2016
Kathi
Nov 29, 2017
Scotty Cade left Corporate America and twenty-five years of Marketing and Public Relations behind to buy an Inn & Restaurant on the island of Martha’s Vineyard with his partner of over twenty years. He started writing stories as soon as he could read, but just five years ago for publication. When not at the Inn, you can find him on the bow of his boat writing gay romance novels with his Shetla ...more

Bissonet & Cruz Investigations (3 books)
  • The Royal Street Heist (Bissonet & Cruz Investigations, #1)
  • Veiled Loyalties (Bissonet & Cruz Investigations, #2)