Start by marking “The Best Team Wins: Build Your Business Through Predictive Hiring” as Want to Read:
The Best Team Wins: Build Your Business Through Predictive Hiring

The Best Team Wins: Build Your Business Through Predictive Hiring

Reduce Hiring Risks and Predict Success

New Mindset.
In The Best Team Wins,author Adam Robinson gives you a proven, straightforward, and effective method for hiring new employees. He teaches you how to rethink the process of finding, assessing, and hiring the right people.

New Methods. Robinson, a recruiting professional with over twenty years experience, shows you how to—
Published March 21st 2017 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about The Best Team Wins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Team Wins

Start your review of The Best Team Wins: Build Your Business Through Predictive Hiring
Charles
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the modern world, the key assets that many companies “own” are their intellectual property (IP) and the skills of their employees. There are many adages regarding the value of knowledge and experience as well as the enormous differences in the value of the top performers versus the average achievers. Yet, the process of evaluating and analyzing potential new hires often does not reflect these facts.
The purpose of this book is twofold, to argue that the hiring process is not a place to
Jaz
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought it'll be about building the best team, but it's on recruitment. This book contains sample questions and framework for the different stages of interviewing the candidates from what to look out for on CV, phone screening, FTF interviews for job competencies, having the team’s involvement in meeting potential candidates, reference checks, and even up to job offers. It will be insightful for hiring managers, it’s definitely a good read for me! They even provided case studies for each ...more
Jason Carter
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was written by the CEO of Hireology, a company specifically founded to help companies hire better. As such it has helpful advice on several aspects of the hiring process.

The book is broken into four sections:

1) Define the role
2) Source your applicants
3) Select the right person
4) Retain your best

I "read" it in a bit over two hours. I earmarked two sections... On performance reviews and interview questions. I plan to take some of his advice on these two sections, so I got my money's
Alex Oxford
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: human-resources
This book is a turnkey, step-by-step, "how to" manual for creating a robus hiring process. We have made a few tweaks to the standard process, but have retained many of the practices set forth by the author. We have hired two candidates using the process described and are absolutely thrilled with them. If you are a hiring manager, CEO, or in HR that is "new"(ish) to hiring, you will want to pick up this primer.
Tara Scherner de la fuente
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are a couple points I'd clarify if I were editing it, but the book makes hiring sound more like company-building than a chore and makes the hiring process as much a part of things as the sales process. Mass me want to work in this sort of culture!
Glenn Schmelzle
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hiring takes a lot of work, but yields a big reward
Jake Sylvestre
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Mediocre hiring guide
Gregg R.
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this after reading Who by Geoff Smart and Randy Street. I felt like this was the perfect compliment to Who and I would highly recommend both books for the perfect hiring program.
Nacho Bassino
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story, covering the 5 dysfunctions of a team. It's like going through a list of great examples by following a single well crafted and enticing story.
Orion
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Did you know the cost of a wrong hire could cost you 10x more?
Great walk through for both hiring as well as tips on getting a job.
Ajay Kishan
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book
Nick Coffeen
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The hiring landscape is changing, and this book confirms it. Whatever product your business sells or whatever service you provide your customers, the people you have representing your brand directly impacts the level of success you can expect to achieve. Altering the way you approach the acquisition of talent for your team with the practices conveyed in this book will show you how standardized and data-driven results always win.
Cindy
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
How many times do you go with your gut when hiring? And how many times was your gut wrong? Adam Robinson reminds us how costly a bad hire can be to a company both in terms of lost time and the impact it can have on the rest of the employees and the culture of the organization. The Best Team Wins is a very smart and practical guide to hiring for any company, in any industry, no matter their size. It’s interesting to read while being concise, specific and actionable. The case studies in each ...more
Charles Franklin
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lead, busine, small
This was a great book that challenged many of the basic assumptions about hiring (including recruitment, the interview process, reference checks, and the employment brand) that hiring managers need to read. Adam Robinson provides a lot of insightful advice on many key points in the hiring process that can be warning signs of a potential hire that may not be a good fit for your company. I especially love Robinson's emphasis on looking beyond the typical avenues to find good talent (outside of ...more
Joshua Johnson
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Who: The A Method for Hiring
  • The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution
  • The Internet of Money Volume Two
  • Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
  • Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
  • The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It...and Why the Rest Don't (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
  • Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America's War With Militant Islam
  • American Cipher: Bowe Bergdahl and the U.S. Tragedy in Afghanistan
  • Personal Memoirs
  • Code Blue: Inside America's Medical Industrial Complex
  • Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption
  • American Ulysses: A Life of Ulysses S. Grant
  • Anatomy of Greed: The Unshredded Truth from an Enron Insider
  • Pax Romana
  • Den of Thieves
“I have come to recognize that it’s better to leave a position unfilled than to make a bad hire.” 0 likes