Start by marking “Ego Free Leadership: Ending the Unconscious Habits that Hijack Your Business” as Want to Read:
Ego Free Leadership: Ending the Unconscious Habits that Hijack Your Business

Ego Free Leadership: Ending the Unconscious Habits that Hijack Your Business

2017 Silver Nautilus Winner
2018 Indie Book Award Finalist

Take your ego out of the equation, and watch your company thrive!
“I’ve got a solution,” Encore’s CFO tells Brandon, “but it’s unorthodox.” It’s 2005 and Brandon Black has just been promoted to CEO of Encore Capital, a company struggling to navigate an increasingly difficult business environment. Faced with a rapi
Published March 14th 2017 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Ego Free Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ego Free Leadership

Ije the Devourer of Books
I don't normally select business books from Netgalley, but this book caught my eye and the title resonated with me for a number of reasons. As a fairly new director in a small charity (not-for-profit), I couldn't understand why there was such a huge sense of privilege and ego within the organisation, especially when the organisation was set up to serve people who are marginalised and in need of support.

Through reading this book I have come to understand how the self-worth and ego of individual
Christin.P
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Received a digital copy for an honest review*

Blaming, avoiding, over-controlling, assuming ill intent – in the workplace, our egos wear many masks to cover our need to be right or our fear of failure. Unsurprisingly, behaviors based on stress and anxiety often lead to politics and power struggles across the ranks and create the exact opposite of what employees want to come to work to: a culture that’s supportive, transparent, authentic collaborative, and trusting.

In their book Ego Free Leaders
Candace Talmadge
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is just one problem with this book. The very people who need most to read and heed it are least likely ever to pick it up. Ego Free Leadership does an outstanding job of telling the story of how a business in an industry with an unsavory reputation become a place where employees were inspired to do their jobs and loved to come into the office. It started at the top, with a CEO who was willing to confront his personal limitations and change. And just as the brown stuff flows downhill, so do ...more
Christy
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was a reading requirement for a leadership training at work - I didn’t choose to read it. It took me 7 months to get through it, dreading opening it every time I knew I had to finish it. The general concepts presented around leadership self awareness were quite helpful; however, the fundamental pieces of their framework were lost in all of the unnecessary details and self-promotion of the authors’ experience. Every chapter came across as a big “ta-da” / showing off how they seemed to o ...more
Rahul Mahindru
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have to take one thing out of this book then it will be “observing the pitch and not reacting to it”.

Everyone has some fears (of being misjudged, being fired, not capable, etc) and ego (to be always right, etc) based on their beliefs (not facts), which makes them to react when something unexpected happens in daily life. Instead of reacting, we should observe that pitch, show empathy, and work along.
Volodya Gusak
Just an OK book.

Easy read, very light and conversational. There were a few great bits but generally it felt too long for the ideas covered. I like and agree with many concepts, such as watching and studying for ego driven behaviour and being authentic, yet this is not the book I would gift to friends or colleagues.
Petr Meissner
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How our ego unconsciously negatively affects our perception and actions. How to find when our ego got hurt and step back to understand why to react consciously instead of in defense. How to get more personal connection and understanding through sharing own vulnerabilities.
Well illustrated on thoughts, feelings and decisions made by CEO of financial corporation and comments from his coach.
Kris
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another book I wasn’t so sure about before I started reading it. Again, another not just for leaders. Our ego has a way of getting in front of what we truly want, to have healthy organizations and healthy selves. With work and practice we can recognize when our ego is being pinched, changing how we react in our businesses and to our people. A must read.
Sri Shivananda
Loved this book! I learned how dropping the ego shield allows us to connect better with everyone around us and allows them to connect much better with us. It also helped me understand the impact of ego on how we behave, how we operate in a team and what addressing ego does to self-development, growth, being a better self and an evolved leader.
Charles
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
While there are many positive messages in this book, it often descends into a great deal of “touchy-feely” scenarios that can put you off. From the time of the formation of the first large social structures with a decision hierarchy, there have been conflicts in both the horizontal and vertical directions. Then being humans, there will antagonism, hurt feelings and overall emotional unhappiness.
These problems can be solved by being more in tune, but generally only partially. It is often the c
Jim
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
A good look at what happens when an organization learns to check thier ego at the door. The interactions between the coaches and Encore employees are examples of what happens when organized stretch themselves. Well worth the read.
V Narayanan
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best book I read this year so far
Lisa Olinda
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Impactful

Wow - recognizing pinches that impact my reactions - priceless. This book will help you grow personally and professionally. Highly recommend!
Scott Anderson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very eye-opening book. It really made me re-evaluate my own actions and how I saw myself in the workplace.
Laurie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Not only the best leadership book I’ve ever read, but one of the best books, period. A must-read for any executive and company looking to take its performance to the next level. Wow, just wow.
kartik narayanan
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read my full review at https://wp.me/p89tYT-7z

At several points in our careers, we have experienced the damaging effects of ego. This could have been your boss or co-worker affecting you or you affecting others. These individual effects cumulate to reduce the organization's potential and become part of the culture; which perpetuates more ego driven decisions. How do we stop this? "Ego Free Leadership" attempts to explain and solve this insidious problem.