Start by marking “Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)

Brutal Game

(Flynn and Laurel #2)

The long-awaited sequel to Willing Victim.

Eight months ago, Laurel walked into an underground boxing gym and found herself mesmerized by a stranger named Flynn—a man who fights hard and loves harder. Since then he’s taken her places where fear and curiosity clash in exquisite pleasure, where trust is the price of ecstasy, and in time their brutal games have become her kink
ebook, 1st, 161 pages
Published November 22nd 2016 by Cara McKenna

Start your review of Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

collage1

I still remember how shocked, yet, fascinated I was years ago, when I finished 'Willing Victim', the first installment in the series. All of this author’s books are remarkable well written and intriguing in some way or another, but for me 'Willing Victim' will always hold a special place in my heart. Firstly, because it was my first read by this author and secondly, because I came across a genre or more exactly sub-genre, taboo reads, which I came to love very much. This highly anticipated secon
Baba
4.5 stars.

photo oie_1ytxlecaoOPU_zpssvppqcrh.png

photo oie_4myxJxS7mkhA_zpsx4qjhwro.gif

photo oie_qvGoL78Rjw3C_zpssj2inwv8.png

I didn't love every book I read by Cara McKenna. Yet, to me, she's definitely a guarantor for terrific (erotic romance) books and mature writing and hot-as-fuck heroes I want to bang six ways from sunday. Brutal Game was no exception to the rule. It was mighty fine entertainment. Seriously. Even though it included a trope I'm not fond of, it also depends on an author's writing skills to sell it to me, to make me empathize with the main protagonists and to embrace it wholeheartedly. Plu
Christy
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo F00DCF4E-4AFA-4E98-97D7-DD33EBBB4806_zpshuri7fbs.jpg

I read Willing Victim almost four years ago. And I still remember most of the story line and details about the characters. For as many books as I’ve read in-between, I’m pretty impressed with this fact and I think it speaks volumes about the story. The sequel was different than I expected it to be, and didn’t quite have that same punch as Willing Victim. It was much more emotional, but don’t worry… it was still steamy as all get out!

Michael Flynn is a fighter and has some taboo ten
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
LIVE

Brutal Game is the highly anticipated and long-awaited sequel to Willing Victim. Laurel and Flynn recently stormed their way into my book heart after years of friends telling me I MUST READ. After finally listening and devouring I was in the position of the legions of fans, highly anticipating Brutal Game, the conclusion of a story about a sexy, intense book couple and their gritty unconventional romance. Could the author live up to the expectation? My verdict is *A B S O L U T E L Y* YES! U
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

"I'm gonna tell you something right now, and I want you to remember it every time I'm angry with you, for as long as we're together."

"All right."

"I wouldn't be this ripped up if I didn't love you. I don't waste my time feeling pissed or hurt or let down unless the person who managed to make me feel it actually matters to me."

I'm gonna be honest with you....as excited as I was for this sequel (we're talking super duper bright rainbows shooting out of me), I was just as
~IreneOust~
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I had no clue where the author was going to take this story. After all, HFN [Happy For Now] endings is what Cara McKenna famous for in my book. Fear not, those who love this author, this couple and HFN endings ... Ms. McKenna manages to, once again, knock this out of the ballpark!

Her ability to deliver so much in so few pages is beyond brilliant! I've read full length novels that failed to provide the depth McKenna gives readers with this story/duo.

Brutal Game only solidified all the reasons wh
Isabella. R
4 Made for Each Other Stars ⭐

"I wanna be whatever you need."

Brutal Game is the perfect sequel to Flynn and Laurel’s unique love affair. Do yourself a favour by starting at the beginning by reading Willing Victim, the first book to their story. You will not meet a couple more genuine, flawed, real and deliciously kinky.

You see when these two first met, it took a special kind of woman to embrace the hunk of a man that is Flynn in all his unorthodox tastes when it comes to the bedroom.

"Ugly stuff i
Sophia Triad
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is always nice revisiting familiar faces and seeing how they proceed with their lives.
Are they still together; are they still happy with each other?

The first chapter shows that Flynn and Laurel are exactly where we left them. She is still struggling to find a decent job, he is still a fighter at the underground boxing gym. They still enjoy the same things in bed. Their role play ends up in hard sex.

You may believe that everything is the same.
But if you listen to her thinking, you will see
CC
4.25 Stars

description

In Brutal Game, we are reunited with Flynn and Laurel nine months into their relationship. Over this time, Flynn has remained true to himself – construction worker by day and an underground fighter by night. And while Flynn and Laurel continue to build their relationship with open communication and incredibly hot role play, they are confronted by an unexpected circumstance that causes both to reflect on their present and future.

“Whether he sought pleasure or pain, he gave himself
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Amazing Stars
 photo IMG_1929_zpsjrphkhz7.jpg
Real, Raw, Gritty, Emotional.........I fell in love with Laurel and Flynn in the novella Willing Victim. For a novella it packed in ALOT. So when the author announced that she was writing more Laurel and Flynn, I couldn't have been happier.

This story is as real as it gets. Coupled with incredible, moving, touching words, the journey of Flynn and Laurel is a testament of the many moving parts in a relationship, both good and bad. This story picks up 9 months later and Flynn and
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Flynn, you pushed all my buttons. Thanks babe. :-D

Giorgia ~ Reads
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 ⭐️

This was a great follow up to the first book. It was a necessary addition to an incomplete story.

We got a more in depth view of Flynn's and Laurel's relationship and what goes through their heads.

I loved this a little bit less than the first but not because it was not as good, it's more of a personal preference than anything else. The anticipation and the mysterious or forbidden quality that their relationship had in the beginning was really palpable in the first book and I suppose I like
Elle
3.5* less kinky, more feelings STARS!!

Willing Victim left me unsatisfied with the ending. I was surprised when Cara McKenna released the continuation of Flynn and Laurel's journey. Unfortunately, it didn't really WOW me but I still liked it.
In the games they played, he craved brutality, but she wanted something more—a narrative. A role beyond mere victim. Flynn was happy enough coming at her like a stranger in a dark alley, but her pleasure deepened with some extra dimension worked in.
edge of bubble
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
What a let down! Who the literary fuck were these people? Because they definitely weren't even close to the characters from the first book.

Secret society of cheesy chicklits fans must have sent members to sat on Cara McKenna and forced her to write this feely book thingie because it just doesn't fit!

Romantic tiger makes more sense!

crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•

“Let this feel so easy and so wrong and so right, always.”
- Laurel

* * *
“I spend a lot of time trying not to feel things. To hide or to get numb or ignore my issues. But this… I think I need to feel this, what I’m going through now. All of it. This isn’t the sort of pain I want to pack up and stuff down and ignore and have to deal with later. I just want to feel the ugly fuck out of it until I’m okay again. Get it all over with.”
- Laurel

* * *
“I’m not with you because it’s easy, honey.”
Kim Bailey
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Anyone who read and loved Willing Victim understands how long I've been dreaming about a second book. Sometimes dreams become reality. McKenna delivers with an ending that was totally worth the wait.

What I enjoy the most about Cara McKenna's writing is the maturity and complexity she lends her characters. She is a master at understated emotion.

Laurel and Flynn happen to be two of her best characters (in my opinion). They're flawed and genuine. Even in their hot-as-f@ck kink, they're m
Melanie A.
4 STARS!
Crazy how dabbling in such dark fantasies seemed to purge some unseen, unnamed weight from her subconscious.
Definitely not what I was expecting, but I'm not complaining! Gotta love a well-written story that's sprinkled liberally with kink. :D

So Cara McKenna took Flynn and Laurel's story to a deeper place and I thought she did a great job of staying true to her characters in the process.

Flynn was still Flynn.
A no-nonsense, frequently tactless man, but under the sur
Malene
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brutal Game was less brutal in the sex department and more emotional than I expected. I actually enjoyed the emotional and serious aspect to this story. Brutal Game is a sequel to the very intense and sexy novella Willing Victim. It picks up right where the first book ended.

Flynn and Laurel are seeing in each other. More importantly they're enjoying one another and especially Flynn's kinky side. It was a quick read but packed with a lot of emotions. I won't give too much away but only say that
*on hiatus*
5 Stars

Brutal Game certainly wasn't what I expected and yet it was satisfying in a way I didn't see coming. Michael Flynn has been solidifed as one of my favorite romance heroes ever. In this short novella-length sequel to the famously wicked novella Willing Victim, he becomes almost tangible and I fell totally in love with him all over again.

To me, this story is all about the hero... he's the heart and soul of it. He has a deliciously taboo kink (pretending he's raping his lover, but it's all
TeriLyn

**Brutal Game generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

5 ”As you wish.” Stars

I love this couple so very much. Paired with Cara McKenna’s concise and expert writing Brutal Game packs so much story and emotion into this novella you can’t help but fall in love with Flynn and Laurel. McKenna quite eloquently tells the story of these two people who didn’t know they were searching for one another.

This highly anticipated sequel provides the story 9 months after where Willin
JadeC
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up!!

firstly, thank God i was able to read #2 straight without waiting for the release if not i don't think i'll survive lol

this book concludes their love story beautifully from Willing Victim. Brutal Game is kinda more emotional and intense as compared to Willing Victim. but nevertheless, Laurel is still enjoying Flynn's kinky sides and we still get a lot of them.. that may leave you hot & bothered 🔥

She craved the weight of this beast crashing down on her when he got his way
Lana Reads
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kink, favorites
5 stars. Wonderful, just wonderful.

Again, if the idea of consensual non-consent offends you or is a hard limit for you, stay away from this book. If not, get into it now! (but not before you read the first one!!)

He didn’t want to be a woman’s master; he wanted to be her assailant.

This second part of the duet was such a great addition to "Willing Victim". It was as beautifully and smoothly written as the first one, with much more feeling though. Still kinky, no worries, yet the emotions really d
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author in exchange for a review*

EEEEEEP!!!

This is the sequel that I didn't realize I wanted!!! Me = happy!!!

A bit of a backstory, I've read the first book, Willing Victim, a while back, back in the day when I started venturing into erotic romance past the vanilla land (Oh Elle, how your taste has evolved!). Especially given Flynn's type of "kink" (which I felt odd about, back then, for enjoying it, just sayin), let's just say Flynn and Laurel's story stood out in my head. To s
Jade Violet
I really did like Willing Victim, but that being said, I loved Brutal Game more! Once again, we back with Laurel and Flynn and catch up in time to exactly where the last book broke off with them having decided to be exclusive and a real couple. Flynn still does his blue collar construction and still underground boxes and Laurel is still not a totally put together person but she's making changes and Flynn's presence in her life has only helped aid it along. They still have the luxury of being in ...more
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
32880795._SY475_

While the first book was written from Laurels POV this one was both Flynn and Laurel and we really do get so much more insight into Flynn this time around.
This second book deals with some heavy and emotional themes.
Its set 8 months into the relationship and all is going well until a spanner thrown into the works upsets the whole status-quo throwing them both for a loop.
This book then deals with the fallout and how both Flynn And Laurel deal with the aftermath.
This catalyst totally throws off the
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I have waited forever for this.

Willing Victim by Cara McKenna was a hot as FUCK way too short novella that had me begging for a sequel before it was even finished.

And it's coming!!!

Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Well this is exciting. Especially since the author said she had no plans for a sequel.

She tricked us all.

What's that saying, about not looking a gift sequel in the mouth?
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Spoiler Free Review for Flynn and Laurel Series 4.5 Stars Willing Victim/4 Stars Brutal Game

‘A man capable of things few women would welcome.
A man capable of exactly what Laurel wanted, tonight.’

It’s been nearly 5 years since we became engrossed in the erotic story between Michael Flynn (Flynn) and Laurel White. Five years since we first sampled this authors work and became immediate fans. Although we remember everything about Willing Victim, we decided to do a re-read before diving into Brutal
~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Willing Victim, it was the perfect taboo erotic short story that appealed to my inner perv. I think I was expecting this book to be of a similar vein, and although we did get some of the same delicious naughtiness, it was much more serious and to be honest, a little bit of a downer.

This sequel basically follows Laurel's battle with depression, and Flynn acclimatising to being in a relationship with a woman who finally accepts his d
Karla
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

It was so good to be back in the world of Flynn and Laurel. Sequels make me nervous there's always the uncertainty if it will live up to the previous book and this one certainly did.

"Brutal game" starts off eight months after Flynn and laurel started their relationship in "willing victim" where they have settled down into their relationship.

description

I was pleasantly surprised that this book was a bit different because we get to see Flynn/Laurel being together as an everyday couple dealing wi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Begging for It (Asking for It, #2)
  • Asking for It (Asking for It, #1)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Breaking Him
  • Last Light
  • Degrees of Control
  • Bait
  • By the Hour (Pleasure Principle, #2)
  • The Dare
  • Priceless
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Debt
  • Serving Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #2)
  • Act Your Age
  • Asking for More (Asking for It, #2.5)
  • Fall (Hold, #3)
  • Beyond Possession (Beyond, #5.5)
  • Not Your Shoe Size (Act Your Age #1.5)
Since she began writing in 2008, Cara McKenna has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Meg Maguire and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more

Flynn and Laurel (2 books)
  • Willing Victim (Flynn and Laurel, #1)