Start by marking “The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums” as Want to Read:
The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums

The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Every child studies dental care in school and this lively picture book makes learning how to care for your teeth fun.

Taking good care of your teeth and gums is an important part of maintaining overall health. After all, you need your pearly whites to eat, smile, and talk. But what should you expect when you go to the dentist? What should you do if you lose a tooth? Full of
Published January 1st 2008 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about The Tooth Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tooth Book

Megan Lewis
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, relevant and fun.
Tiffany
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great informational book for kids. Covers all aspects of tooth care, including tooth anatomy, proper brushing, foods to eat and foods to avoid, and visits to the dentist.
Tam
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: educational
Chloe Jackson
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dental
The Tooth Book is a great book to read to children when your school has dental health month/week at your school. The book goes into detail about the proper way to care of your teeth such as: flossing, what foods to eat, cavities, how many times you should brush etc. A fun activity that the children in my class did is that the girls were given a large cutout of a tooth that had a smiley face on it which represented the "good" tooth and the boys got a cutout of a tooth that had a angry face on it ...more
jacky
One of my practicum students wants to be a dentist (like his sister), so while at the Auburn library I looked for books on dentistery for him. I couldn't bring myself to read the other two I got, which were increasingly more difficult, but I read through this one. It was all pretty much info that I knew, but would be informative to a young child. I thought that some of the book was a little much, like true sugar is bad for your teeth, but I didn't like the idea of it making kids feel like they c ...more
Makayla Turner
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous informational children's book. The illustrations are brightly colored which catch the reader's attention very well. The information is very basic can easily be understood by young children.
Tricia
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Fun and thorough book on teeth care for younger kids. Bright and bold illustrations. Websites included in back of book. Covers a myriad of topics including timeline, different cultures lost teeth traditions and vitamins beneficial to teeth.
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Informational book about teeth, including facts about animal teeth, a tooth timeline, and proper care of teeth. Did you know Vitamin B is important for healthy gums? Colorful illustrations and bite-sized factoids of dental history make this book accessible to elementary children.
Satin
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for students to read when their teeth begin to fall out. I loved the kid friendly information that the book provides, and the illustrations.
Stephanie
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Library Display
Shelves: children-s
An enjoyable way to teach children about teeth. Loved the illustrations and the bits of folklore and traditions from other countries!
Amanda Packer
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
such a cute little book, I even learned things I didn't know!
Christina
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this and learned some new things that I didn't know about teeth. I liked the simple historical facts and the illustrations are engaging.
Jenny
Jul 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
This has a lot of really great information, and it really made my kids want to brush their teeth!
Anum
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love the illustrations! Such a great book for kids (ages 5 and older) to understand the different kinds of teeth we have, how dental caries form, what a typical dentist visit is like, etc.
Karyn
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teeth
Aimed more at primary grades but would be okay for younger.
Taylor
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great information for children to learn during a lesson on teeth! Gives you tips and advice even I didn't know!
Jackie
Jan 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
A wordy informational book that using different drawing concepts to convey the message of the importance of good dental hygiene.

Used for "Let's Go to the Dentist!" storytime-January, 2010.
Neem
Apr 17, 2009
Denise
Apr 24, 2008
Jay Risqi
rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Edward Miller is the author of many nonfiction children's titles. A prolific graphic designer and longtime art director in children's publishing, Miller lives in New York City.

See this thread for more information.
More about Edward Miller