Start by marking “Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)

Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  27,093 Ratings  ·  1,165 Reviews
Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it’s like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the “flock”—Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel—are just like ordinary kids—only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time... like when Angel, the youngest ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 256 pages
Published January 27th 2009 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Ride, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Rosabelle I have a school that I know has it. It's at Piedmont Open IB Middle School has it, but you must be student there otherwise I have no heck of an idea.
Emespre Yes. It's broken down differently, but it follows the same plot.

Lola  Reviewer
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, action
4.5 stars.

Not very long ago, I read the first novel in the MAXIMUM RIDE series and quite enjoyed the action, characters and story. But, as I was reading it, I kept wondering what it would be like to *see* this series.

So we sadly don’t have a TV show of this, but we do have a manga series (and a badly rated digital movie).

And it’s pretty damn exceptional.

Fortunately, there aren’t huge changes made to the plot at all. It’s still about Angel being kidnapped and Max and her crew going to rescue her,
Robbie
Feb 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have to review this both in relation to the original, and by its own. Tough!

Anyway, the story is still amazing and captivating, so points there.

It's an American original manga that they hired a Korean to write. It is definitely MANGA and not GRAPHIC NOVEL, especially considering it was serialized first in Yen Magazine. However, it does read left to right.

I feel like a little bit of the internal feelings/thinking is lost in this version over the original, which is interesting because many Jap
Anzuai
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-sci-fi
Ok, let me first say something: I picked up this book knowing nothing about it, and because I was desperate to read something new. And I absolutely loved it!
This is the manga version of the original book for Young Adults (mainly) by James Patterson, and it's very skillfully transformed into the new format. Excellent art, brilliant dialogue and characters so real you feel they might just jump off the page!
Before I go into a bit more detail, if you're thinking of buying this book then DO IT!! Bu
Lauren Jacobson
Jan 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: fans of James Patterson
Rating: 1 star.

The only reasons I bought this book was, for one, it was $1 at Goodwill (and in perfect condition), and two, because it had a gorgeous cover. Yes, I have read James Patterson’s book and yes, I very much disliked it. Correction, I hated it. It was stupid and pointless. The character’s choices were senseless. The whole book was terrible and cheap. As for the graphic novel, sure the illustrations were beautiful but it still had the same idiotic characters. (Except for what’s-his-nam
SHNARK
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i did not get what was going on
Aso
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
okay, this is interesting.
Margaryta
Wow. That's all I can say about this book.
I had put it on hod at the library and went over to pick it up along with the second book, since I couldn't get my hands on the chapter book yet, and man am I happy that I picked it up.

This series has everything - a refreshing cast of characters that are funny and adventurous and all those other things that other characters lack, and for once, they are realistic, not cliche like Bella and Edward and the whole crappy cast from Twilight is. The art is grea
Hessa
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've wanted to read this for a while now. I was really excited about it and the cover is just gorgeous enough for me to go ahead and buy it. but unfortunately I was slightly disappointed. It was definitely interesting but not enough to hold my attention. while the artwork is great, the story isn’t all that captivating. I gave it an extra star for the artwork, the story is more like a 3 or maybe even 2.5.
I’m probably going to read the second volume (not soon) and then decide if I want to continu
Nick Guerra
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to try something new, and this was not the book for me. I didn't really like the comic look of it at all, it didn't let me imagine the story in my head.
Hamelynn Harzman
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a series I have read partially through (until about volume 8.) and I've forgotten so many things, so I decided to give the series another go and I'm loving it. These books are honestly really short and I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to be able to write reviews for all of them. I'm thinking I should opt for the actual books instead of Mangas... not a bad idea. I'm going to finish all I can for the Mangas then move on to the actual novels.

Overall this book was amazing. I love books lik
read graphic novels online for free?! 23 2030 Mar 21, 2017 12:41PM
you should read this book 1 2 May 04, 2015 12:08PM
Mrs. Young-Maximu...: Predictions 31 16 Oct 20, 2014 07:24AM
Holy Crap They Turned It Into A Manga?! 73 259 Aug 15, 2014 10:26PM
  • Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 1
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)
  • +Anima 1 (+Anima, #1)
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 02
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 16
  • Cirque Du Freak, Vol. 1
  • ココにいるよ!(1) (Koko ni Iru Yo!, #1)
  • Uglies: Shay's Story (Uglies: Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Maximum Ride: The Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 2 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #2)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #3)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 4 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #4)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 5 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #5)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 6 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #6)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 7 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #7)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #8)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 9 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #9)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 10 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #10)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 11 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #11)
“Pain is a message. Messages can be ignored.” 1 likes