Start by marking “Touching Down” as Want to Read:
Touching Down

Touching Down

The whole world might be in love with him. But all he’s ever loved is her.

Grant Turner’s name is synonymous with football. The fans and media can’t get enough of the player known as The Invincible Man, a nickname he earned while growing up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in the country and the nickname he’s kept by being one of the best players in professional footbal
Published October 9th 2016 (first published October 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Touching Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Down

Start your review of Touching Down
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I fell for you forever ago and there’s nothing you’ve done since that moment that has changed that. There’s nothing you could do to change that. When a person falls, they don’t just get up, dust themselves off, and keep going. If they fell right, if they fell good and hard the first time, there’s no getting up from that fall because they landed right where they were supposed to.”

photo image 5_zpsndoooi4f.jpeg

I fell in love with Nicole Williams’ writing back when
NMmomof4
2 Stars

** Just a warning -- my spoiler tags in this review are for pretty BIG SPOILERS, so please click at your own risk ;) **

Overall Opinion: I am honestly surprised I stuck with this one tbh. I was bored and easily distracted a lot of the time, which is sad because I think it could've been so much better! It has a good premise, and it has an interesting twist that I wasn't expecting at all...but sadly it just failed IMO. This gets a little ranty, so I apologize in advance...
(view spoiler)
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Living' Stars!

I was extremely excited when Nicole announced another Sports Romance. I've been waiting for this novel then, especially after loving Nicole's previous release: Stealing Home.

I have to say this was pretty different from that one. Touching Down is focused on football but it's not that what makes it so engaging, it's all the mysteries around the heroine. When we discover not only one but two secrets, I was breathless. I was not expecting that at all! What a twist!

I feel like this
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story, stole my heart...

➳Hero rating: 4.5
➳Dialogue rating: 5.0
➳Storytelling rating: 4.5
➳Story ending rating: 4.5
Kate
So first let me say that this was kind of depressing, i definitely didnt have the feelings i want while reading a romance until the very end of the book which was late for me.

The writing was good and it was low angst which i usually enjoy. I love second chance romance (if they are safe of course), but the years they didnt see each other in this one was too long for me, wish it would be less than 7 years.

Heroine... Meh. Still dont know how i feel about her. She did something unforgivable (at lea
Jayme
Not a typical sports romance, about people who have second chance at love, and are trying to take advantage of every second of it, despite the fact that life throws them curveballs.

“I’d rather have one day with you than an eternity with anyone else.”

About the plot: Ryan and Grant fell in love as they were still kids. They both lived in a dangerous area and supported each other for years. And then one day she left town without a word.

After seven years, Ryan returns to honor the memory of a w
Catarina
4 Second Chance Stars

Grant and Ryan were completely in love once, until the day Ryan took off with no explanation leaving Grant with a broken heart dedicating himself only to football until becoming the football star he is today. Seven years after, both of them are back in their hometown for the funeral of the only woman who helped during their difficult childhood and this time Ryan is willing to tell him why she ran away seven years ago. Grant he’s not easily throwing off his game, but when t
Olga therebelreader
3.5~4 stars

Touching Down is just what a romantic novel should be…Lovely characters, great writing, a little angst but mostly a story about two people getting their second chance at love.

This is the story of two best friends Grant and Ryan who grew up together poor in a harsh environment and loved each other not only as friends but fell into real love with each other throughout their journey together. When Ryan suddenly and without any explanation disappeared, the other was left broken with the m
D
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I. Loved. This. I was a little skeptical at first just because of some of the reviews but i am so happy I gave this a chance! Okay first let's discuss Ryan, at first I didn't care for her that much.. mainly because I kinda felt like if she hadn't become sick she might not have ever told Grant about his child. I will say by the end of the book I did end up liking her but not near as much as the hero. Okay now let's talk about Grant! He made this book, he was absolutely amazing. The way he loved b ...more
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: 26 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: 09th October, 2016

MY RATING: 3.5 STARS Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TOUCHING DOWN: This is Ryan Hale's story and is told in her entire POV.

I am such a sucker when it comes to a second chance romance, add in that the characters were childhood friends reconnecting after many years apart and I'm in my happy zone and this book is no different.

We're first introduced to Ryan when excruciating circumstances
Diksha
AJ
4 emotional and romantic second-chance stars

Wow, Nicole Williams surprised me with this one! I went in not knowing much but expecting a sports romance book, but what she delivers is a beautifully written, deeply emotional and dramatic story with a heartfelt and swoony second-chance romance. It captured my heart from the very first page, and I absolutely loved it!

“How do you go and fall in love with someone new when you left your heart with someone else?”

Ryan Hale is returning to the town s
Snow

4 „Hold on and don't let go. Ever.“ stars

This story…

“I've been in love with you those same fourteen years, and I will die still being in love with you, Ryan Hale.

"Because my love's like goddamned sun. It never goes out."

A neverending love story, of Grant Turner and Ryan Hale, two strung out youngsters who lived through the horror of their birth place and lousy backgrounds, who protected each other by giving to one another the only thing that was lacking in their lives – LOVE. One dec
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
description

I’m so overloaded with all the sweetness ‘Touching Down’ had to offer! A story that made me feel all gooey and gave me warm fuzzies all over. I’m a sucker for feel-good romances and Nicole Williams made my weekend with this beautiful, thought provoking story of second chance, devotion, healing and tremendous amount of romance *sigh*.

I was hooked from Ryan and Grant’s very first encounter, and from there I was pretty much a goner. The characters, their struggle and their relationship has a stra
Esther
Polly
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought Touching Down was a very cute read. I found myself smiling the whole book.

Grant and Ryan were childhood sweethearts. You know right off the bat that they had a rough childhood and something happened that caused Ryan to flee.

Usually second chances are not my thing. However I found myself drawn to the reasons that Ryan left Grant and her hometown. She comes back for the same reason and Grant is not very happy with her.

Grant is a NFL superstar who is at the prime of his career and the
Mallory
4 stars

Awesome book and totally safe for my girls!
Mercedes
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, football
Grant and Ryan were both enjoyable characters but I didn't feel like there was anything spectacular about their story. They had some problems but most of them were quick and easy fixes and their one main issue ended up being brushed aside with a far-fetched stop-gap. And I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I was really looking forward to the pain that was going to come at the end of the book.
You changed me forever the moment you said those three words to me, and it’s because of those
Carlene Inspired
I went to great lengths to write a detailed review and unfortunately GR ate it...and I stupidly didn't do it in word first. So here goes round 2.

4.5

Ryan Hale is back home, to The Clink, after 7 years. Her reasons for leaving were secret then and her reason for returning is secret now, but she's ready to share those secrets now. She knew Grant Turner, former love turned famous football player, would be angry with her, but nothing prepared her for his detachment. Grant Turner loved her then, he lo
Janie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked it but didn't love it. It is probably just a "me" thing. There were things about this story that I loved. I loved how true they were in their love for each other. I loved that that the H didn't hold a grudge forever against the h for what she did (even though she deserved said grudge). I loved his determination even though life had knocked him down time and again.

Then there were the things I didn't love so much. Mostly that was the h. I know in her 17 year old brain she felt like she wa
Lea ★
You can never ever go wrong with Nicole Williams.
I highly recommend it!
Shireen  Hakani
After reading Tortured and Collared by this author I was expecting something on that level but this book left me pretty disappointed. h leaves the H and disappears and he never questions that, never goes looking for answers. I'm not convinced! H remains alone and celibate for 7 years but never once goes looking for her and then when h comes back in his life they begin as if nothing had happened. This book could have been so much more...so much better!
Kim
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars....SPOILER FREE REVIEW

This is not a fluffy football romance. It is full of surprises, reality, harsh truths, and heartbreak. But also has love, laughter, and family. This book grabbed me from the first page. It had me full of tension and emotion, totally invested, and needing to hope. I had no idea where this story would take me when I opened the book, but it took some unexpected turns.

Ryan Hale is returning home to face her past. And she has a lot of explaining to do and has been ho
Three Chicks
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Lisa Kane

The scars of our past were carved all over our bodies. But I knew the future we'd create together would heal them all, even the ones that ran deep.

I loved this book, like seriously loved it! I am a sucker for a great second chance at romance-I loved when the couple are childhood friends and then something happens, they are separated and then thrown back in each other's lives.

The story is told entirely from Ryan Hale's POV. It's been years since she left her life behind- a ch
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!
I LOVE second chance romance and Nicole Williams gave us Touching Down, a book that is well written, emotional, and unforgettable. Get ready to add another book boyfriend to your list with Grant Turner!

Childhood friends who become more is one of my absolute favorites. Ryan Hale and Grant Turner were young when they fell in love. Things were going great for them with Grant looking toward his future as a pro football player when everything changed course and Ryan left without an explanat
Tahsin
This. This is the Nicole Williams I know and love. I started it last night more as a sedative than anything else, but it kept me up until 4 in the morning, because there was no way I would able to fall asleep not knowing how it ended.

I loved the characters. I loved their story. I loved everything about this story. Everything made sense.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
A sweet, predictable read! Review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
ARC was provided by author.
Nancy
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
“I’d rather have one day with you than an eternity with anyone else.”
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Banging Reaper (Pounding Hearts, #1)
  • Monday Night Guy (My Guy, #1)
  • Carter Reed 2 (Carter Reed, #2)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (The Boys, #1)
  • King of Campus (Barnett Bulldogs #1)
  • Be Mine
  • Push the Envelope (Blythe College, #1)
  • Thinking About You (Forever Yours, #2)
  • Cole
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Rich Prick
  • Gemini
  • Darker Water (Once and Forever, #1)
  • Penalty (Boston Terriers #1)
  • Further To Fall
  • Undecided (Burnham College, #1)
  • Bet On It (Sliding Home, #1)
  • Idol (Price of Fame #1)
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams