Start by marking “Maid for the South Pole (Romance Island Resort, #7)” as Want to Read:
Maid for the South Pole (Romance Island Resort, #7)

Maid for the South Pole

(Romance Island Resort #7)

Hotel maid turned meteorologist Audra is determined to make her mark on the world without a man getting in her way. Seizing the chance to join an expedition to the South Pole, she thinks all her Christmases have come at once.

Until she returns to the research station and meets her new roommate.

When Jean-Pierre's wife broke his heart, he swore off women, vowing to spend his
ebook
Published November 23rd 2016 by Demelza Carlton

To ask other readers questions about Maid for the South Pole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid for the South Pole

Start your review of Maid for the South Pole (Romance Island Resort, #7)
Clare O'Beara
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an adult romance which makes excellent use of the remote location of Antarctica.

The eponymous maid is actually a meteorology student who is working as a maid in an Australian resort to keep income coming in. She gets the chance to work as a paid researcher on an Antarctic trip instead and jumps at the chance, later filming a vlog. Also along is a male penguin researcher who contributes quite a lot about king penguins, whose population is increasing now they are not being hunted anymore,
Tony Parsons
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Davis Station. Jay Felix (Chaya lead singer, Audra’s former boss, Tropical Romance Island Resort mgr.), was trying his best to win Audra (MS Davis Antarctic meteorologist, surgical asst., former TRIR Hotel maid) heart back.
She assured him that was not gonna happen.
They were all waiting for the Aurora Australis (Icebreaker) to come in port.

Shelley (Ross’ wife/mother) was Audra’s boss.
Jean-Pierre Pennant (Canadian biologist, PhD student) paid Dairine (Jean-Pierre's ex-wife) a visit.
She was not
Jackie Wright
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the continuation of Audra's story, after leaving her job as a maid on Romance Island she is now working as a meteorologist on the South Pole, she is also qualified as a medic and that's how she meets Jean-Pierre a young HOT biologist who has managed to break both his legs in a freak accident.
After she gets him to hospital they both go their seperate ways but fate has a way of bringing them back together. But what about Jay Felix the sexy rock star owner of Romance Island who still keeps
Ukgardenfiend
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books-read
This is a very different setting for our Maid as she moves on into her career as a meteorologist and gets posted to the South Pole!

All Demelza's books are 4 star.But I am giving the this one 5 for the penguin stories and the Midwinter Pool. I so want to see a video of the synchronised swimmers in their tightie whities with shower caps on their heads in that freezing cold South Pole lake!

I thought that this story was well researched into what it is like at these remote research stations and the
LizJ.
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad Audra got her HEA. This story was a little strange as Audra is always pragmatic and I think he reaction to Jean when he was on morphine was a little over the top, as a safety office and trained to be a surgical assistant wouldn't she have known that being under the influence of those kinds of drugs can cause reactions as Jean's? I knew that am I'm not in the health field. Other than that I liked how the romance develops slowly, how they fight it and ultimately how they get together. ...more
Judy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who knew you could have so much fun in the ice and cold! Course it’s not all fun and games. These scientists are goal driven and definitely want to succeed in their fields. As they continue to overcome obstacles and strive for greatness, they learn about themselves too. I think one lesson in this book might be to just ask a question, it could save you a lot of stress and anxiety. How many of us wish we had asked that one question and in doing so would have made our life easier and maybe better?
Andrea Berner
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

I absolutely loved this book for several reasons. Let's begin with the obvious. I'm Australian & it's rare that Aussies feature in stories let alone using the backdrop of Antarctica & penguins who, incidentally, are gorgeous.

I loved the characters but my only criticism is Jean came off as a cream puff most of it. He wasn't strong but, luckily, Audra was.

The flow of the story itself was wonderful. I loved it. It's a brilliant piece of work written by an imaginative and original author.
Dese
Ola Adamska
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
I liked this one - happy ending for first of Jay's girls.
Audra is rolling her dreams to become a meteorologist. What will happen when her path cross with a man that loves pinguines so much? She was also so into being not nice forward Jean due to one accidents that i found it very childish.
Jean is a man that was destroyed phisicaly and mentally - first broken legs and after it information about divorce. When he meets Audra will he remember her? Or there will be something more?
Gea
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The title gave me the idea that this would be another sweet (and maybe a bit boring) romance.
Fortunately it was a lot more interesting than I expected, not boring at all!
The interesting occupations of Jean and Audrey really made a difference.
I don’t really want to ruin it for you by adding spoilers.
Yes, I’d recommend reading this, even if it was just for the penguins.
Amanda Mountjoy
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Audra finds her way to Antarctica to follow out her dream, but is detoured to help in the aide of Jean who is hurt badly at Heard Island. He recovers and finds himself in a situation that he soon figures out is a blessing in disguise. To find out how this work out, read this truly good book and the rest of Romance Island Resort series! So freaking good!
Diane
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audra's story will she find love? Enjoyed reading this book, a hate love story. You still hear about the characters in previous books and new characters in this book. Enjoyed meeting Jean and his story is very courageous and sad. Would love to hear more about him and Audra. Would recommend this series to readers who love the unusual. The men and woman are not your normal heroes and heroines.
Greg Dixon
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maid for the South pole

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read must read the next one of the series
Roslyn Donohoe
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good book from a great author.

I loved it. I'm so glad each girl from the original series is going to get her own story. I loved this book just like I've loved the rest. Great book. Well worth the read.
Athina Antoniou
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love in the snow

Two people discover love and each other, whilst battling against the harsh living conditions of the South Pole. A lovely, feel good romantic novel.
Amanda
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maid for the South Pole

One of the better books in the series. Audra finally gets her happy ending in more ways than one with Bird Boy.
Esther Phelps
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frozen love

Little bit of science and a whole lot of romance made for each other and had this story flow into a great read .
Debie Miller
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

What can I say... This book is so good. Hate that it ended. Wanting more of the story. You just have to read it. 😁
Stacey Timmons
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Only read a preview but may end up reading the full book.

Ended up reading the full version and I loved it. Audra's book was fantastic. I did prefer hers over story over Jays!
Cindy Hardegree
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penguins and true love

It took me awhile to get to this book and I'll be forever happy I did. What a fun, educational and romantic story. Yep, I learned things I never knew before about penguins. The story between these two kept me guessing as to if they would ever get together. A fun story of love at the south pole.
The Book Worm
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's something about this book.
I don't care that Maid for the South Pole is part of a series - I haven't read any of the previous books and, to be honest, taking into account Jay Felix's participation in this one, I'm not really keen on reading them; for a rock start, he sounds like an idiotic creep and I don't care at all about his love issues. So Maid for the South Pole could have another title, we could forget that Audra ever worked as a maid and we could forget about Jay Felix and just f
Timothy Hendricks
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book. Another of my favorites that I read during the holidays. The book had a very different setting this time. This time the characters for the main characters were academic researchers. Audra is a Weather researcher, has received her Masters Degree in Meteorology and hoping to pursue her doctorate. Jean-Pierre is a doctoral student doing his research on Penguins. They are both with a science mission to the South Pole. Australia and New Zealand or settings for some of t ...more
Merry Chapman
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two naive yet strong willed characters knock heads in the Frozen South Pole in this romantic comedy!

I Loved this book. I couldn't put it down. Even though it is the 7th book in the series and all of them are great! This story can be read as a stand-alone as well! I loved reading Audra's story and how not only is she naive in a lot of things, but she is also a very strong willed personality which helps her through many moments. Her meeting of the geeky scientist, Jean-Pierre and the comedy of err
Anna Lankirka
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for so long to see the continuation of Audra story. So when I get the Instafreebie exclusive sneak peak I become extra-excited. The first 11 parts were absolutely lovely, with a bit of fun and trouble. The book starts with the one word - "Penguins." aaaaaand I'm sold fullheartedly. Audra - an ex hotel maid become the meteorologist in Antarctica and young biologist Jean-Pierre... what can go wrong? Really I don't know, I haven't read that part) Want to see what happens next, h ...more
Tiffany
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although this is book seven in the series, it is more of a follow up to the first book, Maid for the Rock Star. That is where we first met Audra. After what she went through with Jay I was hoping she'd get her own story and happily ever after. I was not disappointed. I loved Audra and Jean-Pierre together. Their journey to a HEA was great. I can't wait to read about some of the other women Jay left in his wake! Hopefully we'll get to see them get their own stories, too.
*I voluntarily reviewed an
H
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Antarctica is cold, but true love can keep you warm.

This review is from: Maid for the South Pole (Romance Island Resort Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
I've enjoyed all the Romance Island Resort books that have have read so far. I've only missed a few. I'm so happy to see Audra find her hea after what Jay puts her through and they remain such close friends. Wonderful sweet story. I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving an advanced reading copy.
Kimberly
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! The location is one I haven't 'visited' before which made it even better. It's a great mix of science, adventures and romance. It's one of those stories that you can't put down and when you finish you want more.
Juanita E. Arp
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book, it has a great storyline. Can't wait for more from this author. I received this ARC copy FREE to read volunteerly for an honest review.
Rose Baker
Second book I've read

This was the second book I have read by this author and I must say the first one was better. This one was good, but... It was way to wordy and went on and on and on about their expeditions and was really slooowwww on the romance front. I learned more about Antarctica and cheap than I ever wanted to know.
Ty
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book moved really slow for me. I just kept thinking "ok when will this start getting good". Finished it, but a little disappointed. It took me awhile to get through it.
Tammy Ketring
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and natural...

This book was realistic, and just plain funny to read! Overall, I thought the Audra and Jean were "maid" for each other!! The editing of the book left a bad taste in my mouth due to the punctuation, etc. But the storyline was so engaging that I thought the book deserved a 5 star rating. If you haven't read it yet, enjoy it!! If you have read it, read it again--I will be!

• How to Knit a Wild Bikini (Billionaire's Beach, #1)
  • Crushing on Kate (Red Maple Falls #2)
  • The Enforcer: Redtails Hockey
  • Smoking Hot  (When SEALs Come Home, #2)
  • Bedding the Bachelors Boxed Set - Books 1-3
  • Whiskey (Reed Security #7)
  • Raise Your Game
  • The Line
  • Junk Mail
  • Lucky Penny
  • Truly, Madly, Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #2)
  • We Belong Together (Calamity Falls)
  • His Game, Her Rules (The Warriors, #1)
  • An Unlikely Setup (Welcome to Otter Tail Book 1)
  • A Little Consequence (Texas Firefighters, #2)
  • Gruff Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever, #3)
  • Her Cowboy Prince (Once Upon a Western #1)
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
Demelza Carlton has always loved the ocean, but on her first snorkelling trip she found she was afraid of fish.
She has since swum with sea lions, sharks and sea cucumbers and stood on spray-drenched cliffs over a seething sea as a seven-metre cyclonic swell surged in, shattering a shipwreck below.
Sensationalist spin? No - Demelza tends to take a camera with her so she can capture and share the m

Romance Island Resort (7 books)
  • Maid for the Rock Star (Romance Island Resort, #1)
  • The Rock Star's Email Order Bride (Romance Island Resort, #2)
  • The Rock Star's Virginity (Romance Island Resort, #3)
  • The Rock Star and the Billionaire (Romance Island Resort, #4)
  • The Rock Star Wants A Wife (Romance Island Resort, #5)
  • The Rock Star's Wedding (Romance Island Resort, #6)