Start by marking “Seeker (Riders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seeker (Riders, #2)

Seeker

(Riders #2)

She wasn’t losing her mind; she was gaining the Sight—the ability to see the future. Daryn embraced her role as a Seeker. The work she did was important. She saved lives.

Until Sebastian.

Sebastian was her first—and worst—mistake.

Since the moment she inadvertently se
Published May 16th 2017 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Seeker, please sign up.
Carl Schierhorn Read Riders first. You'll lose a lot if you don't. Books are solid. Premise is a littl better than the execution. Not as good as Under the Never Sky s…moreRead Riders first. You'll lose a lot if you don't. Books are solid. Premise is a littl better than the execution. Not as good as Under the Never Sky series, but they were extraordinary. (less)
Kayla On the book jacket of "Riders," it says that it is the first in a duology, so yes, the second book is the last.

Start your review of Seeker (Riders, #2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I reckon it was a good enough ending. Gideon is hot. Just sayin' But he's a twat at times as they all act like they are 12 at times!
Candace Robinson
This was a fun and unique duology. Again, Under the Never Sky is still my favorite series by Rossi. But who can go wrong with horses that can do cool things?

This time around, we also get Daryn's POV thrown into the mix with Gideon's, which I liked. I'm always curious to see what's going on in another character's head. There were some cute moments between them, especially after they were separated for a while, but I kept wanting to see that huge defining moment between the two that I feel like I
Alyssa

Book Two of the Riders series
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: May 16, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Veronica Rossi's new fantasy adventure in the Riders series—Seeker .

When Daryn claimed she was seeing visions during her sophomore year of high school, no one believed the truth. She wasn't losing her mind, she was gaining
Suzanne
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book trailer for the first book, Riders, posted at the bottom of the review

I really enjoyed this duology. I have always loved to read or watch stuff on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse so I was quick to preorder the first book and then the second when it became available for preorder on Amazon. It had an intriguing, modern twist on the horsemen. I was not a big fan of the seeker character of Daryn in either book but it was not enough to hinder or effect my opinion of the book and it's writing
Jessica
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: partner-read
Seeker by Veronica Rossi is book 2 in the Riders series, and it definitely delivered! While I really liked Riders, I feel like Seeker surpassed it. Clearly Rossi hasn't heard of sequel syndrome. All the characters we loved from the first book are back and continued to grow throughout this book. I love being able to see the characters continued development and growth within a series - they feel like real people. While Riders was from the perspective of Gideon, Seeker is more from the perspective ...more
Alexandra G.
Feb 18, 2016 marked it as could-not-finish
Oh My God, that cover is gorgeous!

Michael
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
2.5

Middle book syndrome. But might have been a duology?
Lauren
May 31, 2017 marked it as never-finished
Shelves: pub-tor
I'm putting this down for now. Not sure if I'll try to come back to it. I just can't get past my dislike for Daryn and I'm struggling to connect to the story. I still love the idea of the four riders and their horses but so far this isn't working for me.
Elyse
Ugh. This one was worse than the first one. I'm so incredibly disappointed. This book was just bad but I can't bring myself to give it 1 star. The plot was weak at best and by the end, not much made sense. The original premise seemed so interesting but the execution ended up being pretty awful over the course of two books. If you're going to go Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, you kind of have to go hard. Get religious. You can't have one without the other. I'm not even religious and I wanted mo ...more
nick
4.5/5

I don’t know if you guys are aware of this, but Veronica Rossi is one of my favorite authors ever. I have loved everything that she has written, and her Under the Never Sky trilogy holds a special place in my heart. Last year, Riders blew me away even though the writing and style were very different from what I had come to expect from Rossi. To me, it solidified how versatile and original she is as an author. Riders ended on a high note, with an ending that had me clamoring for this sequel.
Cori Reed
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this, but not as much as the first book. It felt like a very different story. That said, still a solid duology.
Mary H
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. My full review can be found on Mary Had a Little Book Blog here. ...more
Rebecca
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
When presented with the chance to read a book featuring the teenage embodiments of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, I jumped at the chance. Riders was a good start to the duology, and I expected Seeker to be just as interesting. This, however, didn’t turn out the way I had hoped.

Seeker was a story that focused much more on Daryn (the Seeker) rather than the guys. This was alright because I liked her as a POV character and we still got POV from Gideon. What I didn’t like was the storyline- th
Sherry Fundin
Horses rising from shadow, fire, ash and light, danger and suspense that had me shucking and jiving, flawed characters that had me eating out of their hands, and a storyline that had me twisting and turning to the end left me with a warm fuzzy feeling and a few chuckles in this paranormal/supernatural romantic fantasy that I highly recommend.

To see more visit fundinmental
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3-3.5 stars

Oof. As a huge fan of Veronica Rossi, I have to say this rating really hurts

What I liked:
-Gideon
-Rossi's writing style (always)
-The romance (swoon!)

What I didn't like:
-The last third or so of the book reeeeally dragged, with no forward momentum or seemingly any purposeful plotting. More preachy than anything. For the record, I was ready to give the book at least 4 stars prior
-I know this series is about the Four Horseman, but I don't remember the first book being so religious. As an a
Tati
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Gosh, this was a bad bad bad book...

While I have to fess up and admit I'm partially to blame (my lazy brain didn't remember anything from the previous book), this was just confusing and overall uninteresting. To be honest, I really felt this book was kind of unnecessary. (view spoiler)
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
I liked it, but it didn't make a lasting impression on me.

The writing was fluent and easy to follow, the plot well paced and interesting most of the time, but I don't know, something was missing.

Daryn and Gideon are the main characters in this and we have alternating POVs which I liked. These two characters are well developed and we learn about their past, their fears and motivations. However, the other characters often felt a bit plain. I really liked the guys working together as a tea
BookOwl BookOwl
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
☆☆☆

Last half of the book just didn't do it for me.
It just wasn't fun or interesting anymore.
It's not that my expectations weren't met,
it's just that the plot fell flat.

Of course I wanted it to be good,
however it just wasn't.

The characters weren't the same, the setting seemed different and I had to drag myself to the end. Which is not a good sign.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
sigh

I struggled so hard to finish this. Alright, let's be honest. I skimmed and zoned out. The characters lost their pizazz and the overall plot had me baffled. I still never found out why the Riders were called in the first place. One would think that would be a major thing to share, not go on a quest to find someone's instalove.

FRTC.
Julie
Oct 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Another book to look forward to!

description
Kitty
Sep 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was such a massive let down, I can't even talk about it. It isn't worth any more of my time and effort.
Michelle
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**This is the second book in a series that needs to be read in order.
If you are new to the Riders series, check out my review of Book 1- Riders, HERE

Seeker is the second book in the Riders series by Veronica Rossi, and it comes out TODAY! Yay! I totally loved this duology. (and I so badly want it to be a series, which I thought it was when I read the first book. I thought there were going to be four books, one for each
Stacy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
No spoilers in this rapid review. I give it 3.25 stars.

Seeker is a good sequel, yet I didn’t like it as much as Riders. It’s honestly a tough to put a finger on exactly why. I got a little bogged down in the bizarre events that occur when the gang travels to an alternate realm. While there was some action and I understand the group’s mission this time around, it wasn’t quite as exciting as book 1. I always enjoy ‘team assembly mode’ in stories, so it was fun watching Gideon slowly meet the other
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The four horsemen and their Seeker are back in the second book in the Riders duology. Only this time, there's only three of them. Sebastian is stuck in the Rift with Samrael and Daryn feels responsible. The group is somewhat torn apart from the battle they faced in Riders. They must learn to work together again and get Sebastian back. Ego and pride tend to get in the way and nothing they find in the Rift can be trusted. How far will Daryn have to go and how much will she have to compromise to fi ...more
Christy
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 beautiful stars to this book. For Daryn. For Gideon. For Daryn and Gideon (seriously, OTP). For Bas. For Real. For bonds and things not of this world.

I have a special connection to Riders, because it was the first ARC I ever received. Veronica moderated the Illuminae event here, where I had the opportunity to meet her right before I got married. When she learned I was about to wed, she gave me her last copy of Riders. I was hooked from there.

Evil is its own undoing.

As a Supernatural megafan, t
Allison
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
There were a lot more character detail and backstory in this book, which was great! I liked when the group is in the Rift and their belongings keep popping up and each have a backstory. That being said, the plot was anticlimactic for me and mostly what pushed me to finish the book was stubbornness.
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Samrael was the guy you loved to hate. The reunion between Gideon, Marcus, Jode, Daryn and Sebastian was overwhelming. I am so happy for the ending that Veronica gave us. A must read for all Veronica Rossi fans.
Marjolein
This didn't pick up the way I hoped it would... I wasn't drawn back to the book, I did like the idea of the four Riders, but they were hardly elaborated on, and I couldn't get myself to warm up to Daryn or understand her decisions... unfortunately not my book.
Pam (YA Escape)
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I never connected that much with the characters and not much happened in this book. I was kind of bored and then it ended and I had a lot of questions that weren't answered. So...meh.
Rebecca
I loved Riders but this follow-up was slower paced. The end felt anti-climatic. I don't regret reading the duet, but feel a little disappointed. Still a Rossi fan and won't hesitate to read whatever she writes next.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Disruptor (Seeker, #3)
  • Hold Back the Tide
  • Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #0.5)
  • Seven Deadly Shadows
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Traveler (Seeker, #2)
  • Steadfast (Spellcaster, #2)
  • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Chaos unterm Mistelzweig
  • An den Drachen vermittelt: Ein paranormaler Roman
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
  • Nebelsphäre - machtlos
  • De Mannentester
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 1
Veronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.

Riders (2 books)