Start by marking “The Dinosaur Princess (The Dinosaur Lords, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dinosaur Princess (The Dinosaur Lords, #3)

The Dinosaur Princess

(The Dinosaur Lords #3)

With The Dinosaur Princess, we return to Paradise, Victor Milan’s fabulous alternate fantasy universe where humans from Earth were transported to a world where dinosaurs never became extinct.

It is a marvelous but dangerous place, a realm where knights ride these beasts in order to fight epic medieval battles, a place where magic is real.

The ancient gods who brought mankin
Published August 15th 2017 by Tor Books

Start your review of The Dinosaur Princess (The Dinosaur Lords, #3)
Bookwraiths
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths.

My rating is 2.5 stars.

The Dinosaur Princess is the third installment in Victor Milán’s The Dinosaur Lords epic fantasy series, which has been described by George R.R. Martin as “a cross between Jurassic Park and Game of Thrones.” And where the first two books delivered loads of dinosaurs at war with more than a little pulse-pounding action, this novel slows the pace down considerably, focusing on characterization, worldbuilding, and tons of political intrigue.
Mogsy (MMOGC)
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-copy, fantasy, epic
2.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/09/18/...

In the first book, The Dinosaur Lords, Victor Milán took my imagination by storm with Paradise, a land populated by dinosaurs and the medieval knights that rode them. While things slowed down a little in its sequel The Dinosaur Knights, I still had faith enough to grab the next book, because surely a premise this cool deserved a second chance. Sadly though, instead of picking up again, the plot has continued to lose its
Mike
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Review for The Dinosaur Lords here
Review for The Dinosaur Knights here

So this book put me in a bit of a bind. Qualitatively it is on the level with the previous two books: serviceable prose, fascinating world, knights on dinosaurs, decent enough characters. But it just didn't satisfy me in the same way the first two books did. Then it struck me: this book suffers from secondbookitis even though it was the third book.

Secondbookitis, to put it briefly, is where the book falls between the first and
Nick Borrelli
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Click here for official review posted on Fresh Fiction:

aliceinbagend (LydiaMae)
Jun 21, 2018 marked it as the-maybe-tbr
Shelves: i-need, reviewed, fantasy
Dinosaurs? Heck, yes please. Sign me up.
Liviu
after a superb second volume which made me reconsider the series, this was disappointing - maybe it will become more interesting when volume 4 will be released as this one is to a large extent a pass the time book without any real resolutions and introducing more story-lines in the series
David Ivory
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Unputdownable as the climax was reached.

The strongest element of the whole series is the characters, they hold true to themselves throughout and their actions alone drive the plot. And the dinosaurs - the way he imbues whole species with different natures that are unique and obvious while being wholly original. Of course this is how dinosaurs would be like - somewhat bird-like, but with a new layer overlaid. I'll never see dinosaurs any other way now.

The only flaw? That this is the
Loren C
Apr 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ok so it didn't help that it turns out this is #3 in a series, which was not made clear by the cover or by how my library had it filed, but this book was terrible to me. I didn't get more than 20 minutes in before I'd read about two unnecessarily detailed dongs/balls, and there were basically no dinosaurs. If I wanted to read about people, I would have checked out a book just called The Princess. DNF
Marc Jentzsch
Oct 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, dinosaurs
I came back for the abuse this book heaps upon its reader at every turn. I did so willingly and with hope that this book would be the one that lifted the chauvinist idiocy and gave us more dinosaurs, more fantasy, and more fun. Alas, I was to be disappointed.

First, let's just talk about the worst part of the book: Melodia, the titular Dinosaur Princess. If you have even a modicum of imagination you can see why the book is named this and it has naught to do with its most superficial reading. Yes,
Theresa
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Dinosaur Princess (The Dinosaur Lords, #3)
by Victor Milán
I am happy to finally review this book. I have been waiting for my Shirra to come to the peace with her beloved “Mother” Karl. Victor Milan just sets us fans up for the next three books, that I hope Tor allows to come to print very soon. The Dinosaur Lords is an addictive storyline with characters like the strong little Montse, her older and alluringly beautiful sister Melodia, and the striking love interest Jaume. Surprisingly the s
The Critiquing Chemist
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved stepping back into this delightfully detailed world that in many aspects is medieval based with the added twist of incorporating dinosaurs into the fray. Unfortunately, large swaths of this novel did suffer from the proverbial middle book slump in a series where our beloved key characters are moved about similar to that of pawns in preparation for bigger and better battles to come in later books. With that being said, the long stretches of, let’s call it character growth, did not deter ...more
Jaye
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi, fantasy
Victor Milán's "The Dinosaur Lords" series comes to a rip-roaring conclusion.
In the aftermath of the failed Grey Angel Crusade, Melodia's little sister Montse is abducted by agents from the Trebizon Empire, a powerful seafaring nation to the east of Nuevaropa. Falk's conniving mother Margarethe arrives at court to work her wiles against the Emperor, while Melodia's grandmother comes to school her in the art of intrigue.

Despite the failure of Raguel, the Grey Angels are still interested in destro
Cam
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-sci-fi
Another fun entry in the Paradise series with lots of action and plot developments that keep things moving nicely. There's a pretend and a real Grey Angel Crusade involving Roy and Karyl, Melodia, and eventually the Emperor and Falk. Later, Falk's mother comes to the capital to ingratiate herself with the Emperor and draws the matron of the Emperor's family to oppose her. There's more on the Angels and Creators and the Fae in the background and actively interfering with the humans. Best new char ...more
Chromium Kitty
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Um... okay. I guess... 😞
There's simply not ENOUGH to this book or any of the ones before it. There's not enough world building (and it seems like such an interesting world, too, if only I knew anything more about it), not enough character development... And not enough story.
Are there only supposed to be 3 of these books? I kinda don't believe that, because if that's really how it is, then just WTF?
And who is the Dinosaur Princess anyway? Not Montse... Melodia? Christ, she's a whiny brat, so I b
Brian Palmer
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, epic-fantasy
I liked this substantially more than the preceding novel in the series, The Dinosaur Knights; the writing felt less jumpy, the politics more interesting, and the setting more established. And fantasy with dinosaurs remains cool.

That said, I had somehow imagined this would be the concluding book of a trilogy, and it's not. Most of it is spent shuffling pieces around the chessboard, positioning them for the next book. A princess is kidnapped, major political figures appear, a few pawns are elimina
Thijs
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: other-fantasy
Once again, just an entertaining novel in a decent, average book series. Which is perfectly fine.

There's a bit more focus on 'intrigue' in this book, wich is a bit less interesting because it isn't really intrigue. The only way it matters is because of character growth for certain characters.

The final fight is pretty cool, but other then that, the Dinosaur fights are kind of lacking. Which is a shame in a series that revolves around Knights Riding Dinosaurs. But I guess plot has to have room too
Kamal Syed
I was interested in the concept and the initial execution of these books, but the sexualized content really turned me off. That being said, I fast forwarded (I listened on audio) these scenes. Not much "happens" in these books, but there is more insight into the war between the Fae and the Grey Angels, with a climactic scene when both emerge into the literal light of day.

I was surprised when I read a review (before finishing the book) that this would be the last book, and that it ends on a cliff
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Dinosaur Princess by Victor Milan
(Dinosaur Lords #3)
Published by Tor Books
Release Date: August 15, 2017
Rating: 4 Stars

Thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy for an honest review!

I just finished reading The Dinosaur Princess by Victor Milán, the third book in The Dinosaur Lords series. This is an epic fantasy series with Fae, Angels, Humans and Dinosaurs all in a battle for the planet, Paradise and what they want for its future. I am going to start of by saying I am going to not say
Christian Freed
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This turned out to be a lot of pages with just words. Hear me out. The first book was interesting and a great concept. Who doesn't want to read about knights riding dinosaurs? Book 2 was packed with action and would have been a fitting finale to the series, which is where this one fell flat. After the massive amount of battles in the second book this was just a bunch of people talking for the first 400 pages. The last one hundred pages fly with a running battle between heroes and assassins and a ...more
Kaelyn
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
These books are good fun, nothing more, nothing less. While they definitely have their problems (for example, Milán's irritating penchant to remind us about events that have already happened, far too often), they are there just for fun, and they are a quick read. The whole series I give a 3/5 stars. Unfortunately, due to the author's passing, there will be no more, which breaks my heart more than I thought it would. I'll miss Rob and Karyl, and even Princess Melodía, who grew on me with this las ...more
Garrett Daum
3 full stars.

Going into this book after seeing the negative reviews from ppl i follow on here i was nervous that it was going to suck.

did it suck? No, not at all.
Could it have been better? Absolutely.

It definitely had the feel of a "builder" book where the author was just laying a baseline for the folowing book. Still, I enjoyed this book and will definitely be continuing on with the series.
Nick
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely slower than the last one but enough happens without it getting stuck too much in the intrigue of the court, by the end of the book its all ramping up nicely though just in time to end this current episode.

I thought this was supposed to be a trilogy but hey as long as it stays good I'm not complaining. The dinosaurs got a bit more page time too which was nice.
Susan
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another excellent book in this fun series. Same cast of characters with an emphasis on the dinosaur princess. A couple of new characters are added and they bring a lot to the plot. More great battle scenes with knights and dinosaurs, very well written. The ending of this makes me eager for the next installment.
Chuk
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is great. The idea sounds silly but the execution takes it seriously and does it well, good world building, some weird mysteries going on behind the scenes, and a handful of viewpoint characters. So far each book resolves part of the story but not everything -- it's not like those series where a book could practically be a chapter in a longer book.
Jimmit Shah
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The series is slowing down. For all the talk of intrigue in the book, the whole plot relies on butchery. I am unable to believe that so many people in a kingdom act so irrationally while making key decisions.
Adam Buccafusco
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Though I enjoyed the first two, the third was all set up for future books. Unfortunately, Milan passed in February, so we may never see how anything plays out. That fact made chewing through The Dinosaur Princess difficult.
Kendra
3.5 stars. It was a bit slow and the assorted storylines dragged a bit, not enough dinosaurs. However, the ending really amped it up and can't wait for the next book.

Needs more dinosaurs!
Katherine
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent read, but I feel like I'm left hanging at the end. The author passed away and there was no conclusion to the series. I'm hoping someone takes up the mantle to finish it.
Steven Ede
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved this book ... can't wait for the next one in the series.
Michael Bowersox
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Simply put, Book 3 had WAY too much unnecessary plot, not enough medieval-ish knights on dinosaur fights. Plus non-sequitor erotica at random intervals.

• Warrior of the Altaii
  • Blood and Memory (The Quickening, #2)
  • Bridge of Souls (The Quickening, #3)
  • Szczury Wrocławia. Chaos (Szczury Wrocławia, #1)
  • Horyzont
  • The Joy Luck Club (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 6 Reader)
  • Ballada o pewnej panience
  • Proxima
  • The Speed of the Dark
  • Upiór w ruderze
  • Riot Baby
  • Zaklinacz
  • Also sprach Golem
  • Ultima
  • The Witch in the Wood (The Once and Future King, #2)
  • Karpie bijem (Kroniki Jakuba Wędrowycza, #9)
  • Summer of Night (Seasons of Horror, #1)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
Victor Woodward Milán is an American writer known for libertarian science fiction and an interest in cybernetics. In 1986 he won the Prometheus Award for Cybernetic Samurai. He has also written several shared universe works for the Forgotten Realms, Star Trek, and Wild Cards Universes. He has also written books under the pseudonyms Keith Jarrod, Richard Austin (Jove Books The Guardians series), Ro ...more

The Dinosaur Lords (3 books)
  • The Dinosaur Lords (The Dinosaur Lords, #1)
  • The Dinosaur Knights (The Dinosaur Lords, #2)