Start by marking “The Fallen (Bravo Shaw, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fallen (Bravo Shaw, #2)

The Fallen

(Bravo Shaw #2)

A new, pulse-pounding thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of the Jason Bourne series and The Testament.
The End of Days has been predicted for the last two thousand years. Now, without warning, it is upon us. In a hidden cave in the mountains of Lebanon, a man makes a fateful discovery. He will bring what has been forbidden for thousands of years out of
Published May 2nd 2017 by Forge

Start your review of The Fallen (Bravo Shaw, #2)
Paul
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
i enjoyed #1 un Bravo Shaw, the Testament enough to read it twice. while parts of this one lived up to that enjoyment overall the followup title didn't resonate with me.
John Bastin
I'm 58% into this book and I just can't finish it. The story is getting more bizarre the farther I go, and as people get captured and taken over I can't keep track of who is on whose side and even what part of the world a person is in, today. They're being taken over in Istanbul and two chapters later they're in Lebanon with no travel time or explanation involved.

This book may be meaningful to some people but I guess I'm just not part of the target group.
Ron Gilmette
I'm going to take a break from this book. Eric needs to get back to the pace he had with The Ninja, Black Heart, and The Miko.
Cssekar Uspl
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good thing I I don't like it when it I just don't can't see how the people are I know it
Jim
Jan 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
It’s rare that I fail to finish a book, but gave up on this about of the way through. Was tempted earlier. Finally was unable to suspend disbelief any further. ...more
Ron
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Disappointing. Got thru 1/2 of it - I finish 99.9% of the books I start, but it couldn't keep my interest.
John Purvis
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The Fallen” eBook was published in 2017 and was written by Eric Van Lustbader (https://www.ericvanlustbader.com). Mr. Lustbader has published more than 45 novels. This is the second in his “The Testament” series.

I received an ARC of this novel through https://www.netgalley.com in return for a fair and honest review. I categorize this novel as ‘R’ because it contains scenes of Violence and Mature Language. The story is set in Europe with the primary character being Braverman “Bravo” Shaw, head
Monsieurh
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
At first this would not be on my reading list of espionage thrillers. But Mr.
Van Lustbader has created a story of an incredible secret global race between two secret societies and an extremely powerful villainous third group. The public and the Vatican do not seem to publicly acknowledge the existence of any of these three dangers.
Braverman Shaw is the central hero of this thriller. He is the recognized head of the Gnostic Observatine sect, and he is warned by Fra Leoni of the inevitable holy
Bob
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
As I started this book I didn't have much block time to read it, that is to say I could spare 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there, etc. So this went on for the first 60 pages or so and I felt that it wasn't very good over all. I was wrong. After getting more time to read in sequence I found myself very much getting into the story. I strongly recommend reading the first book prior to this one. The topic of the devil and his followers is both interesting and frightening. Whether or not you are ...more
Neil Challis
Da Vinci Code meets James Bond,the eternal struggle of Good and Evil.Written by the 'Jason Bournes' author it is not as fast paced as these but goes into great detail about ancient texts and King Solomon's mines. Blurb said lightning paced thriller, well NO if anything very slow and confused.Satan ,naughty nuns ,immortals but the story appears confused at times and skips a lot,and too many characters most of whom you did not know who they were as not fleshed out.Will not be reading 'Four ...more
Karen Forsyth
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Fallen By Eric Van Lustbader is a gripping tale of suspense that keeps the reader riveted to the pages as the tale of good verses evil unwinds.
This book is a page turner that keeps the reader wondering what the outcome will be.
Full action, suspense and demons, magic, action, it is another satisfying book from Eric Van Lustbader that is definitely worth reading.
I won this book through Goodreads. Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Richard Haynes
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What will the end of mankind be - what indeed? This book imagines "the devil" reclaiming God's creatures for himself with elaborate scared texts and religious structures in place for that very task.
However, there is always "good" to interrupt the best laid plans for mice and devils. A very good character driven story with suspense above all.
Sophia
Jul 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
The premise of this book is right down one of my alleys but I just can't stay with it. I'm neither Catholic nor Muslim but respect and appreciate both. However, his obvious dislike of the Catholic Church is a major distraction here. I hope he sees a counselor to deal with what is driving this...I stopped at Chapter 8 and have no interest in going further.
Larry
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding book by Eric Van Lustbader.

This book holds your interest from beginning to end. And will also whet you to read the next book in this series. Definitely worth the time it takes to read it.
Seth
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, thriller
So this was a decent story, but I never really felt emotionally into it. It was like the entire plot was nearly muted to me. I started to feel the rise of action, but then was surprised when that was actually the climax and not just the start of the action building.
Joost Hendriks
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It took my a very long time to finish this book. Generally I get caught by the story and would like to know how it ends. The story did not do that for me while I typically enjoy books that include religious and historical sites, explanations, etc.
Steve
Apr 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
Just too over the top for me. I really tried to get into it but after 150 pages I gave up.
Alexandra Brown
Jul 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio-book
I think Eric van Lustbader should return to writing books like Ninja etc. This story reminded me of Da Vinci Code which I only part read. I wanted to give up on this book at the first appearance of a demon but carried on to the end. It didn't get better and was confusing all the way through. I won't be reading any more Bravo Shaw book. Cannot recommend unless you like demons and cult stories. Not for me!
Alan
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great read, full of surprising twists.
Hard to put down once started so start early and ready to no sleep until finished.
Tyler
Dec 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unreadable garbage. This is the first book in 5 years I actually couldn't finish reading.
Bill Donhiser
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I generally have enjoyed Eric Van Lustbader's writing when he has worked in collaboration with other author's. (Ludlum's Bourne etc.) This book was just barely ok, not my genre or subject matter
James M Pappas
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

Keep in mind that this is the 2nd book in this series. It reads real fast once you know the characters.
James Hein
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book with action and the supernatural rolled up into one. Looking forward to book 3
Barbi
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly enjoyable.
Mike Campbell
A bit of a stretch. Not one of his best.
Nikki Brooks
May 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, sci-fi
This was a real brain melter! I love a good, complex thriller but I found this quite hard going.

It didn't help that some of the characters were rather hard edged and hard to love. Even the hero, Bravo, I found quite unlovable sometimes. I enjoy a good theological, conspiracy thriller but by the end I was still feeling a bit clueless about what had happened - I kept thinking there should have been another chapter or two to conclude the story. As it is I'm not sure if it is leading onto another
Mitchell Kaufman
Lustbader's books can be hit or miss. This one had some drama, some potential, but just sort of petered out with an ending that leads to...one would assume, the next installment in a series.
Liz
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a thriller in the true sense of the word. It contains a complex and intriguing story that moves quickly and unpredictably. Some of the religious mysticism is beyond my understanding but it does make for a compelling read. I especially appreciate the adept way the past and present are merged and revealed by this talented writer.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
David Morse
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
ok, but slow. I should have read the Testament first
Steve Brady
Dec 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF

• Ghost Fire (Courtney, #18)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)
  • Tom Clancy Enemy Contact
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • The Russia Account (Tommy Carmellini #9)
  • Oath of Office (Jack Ryan Universe #26)
  • Shadow Tyrants (Oregon Files, #13)
  • Overkill (Alexander Hawke #10)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • Daughter of War (Pike Logan, #13)
  • Spymaster (Scot Harvath, #18)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • The Titanic Secret (Isaac Bell, #11)
  • Red War (Mitch Rapp, #17)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Man of War (Eric Steele #1)
  • Hollow Bond (Magnolia Parish Mystery, #2)
Eric Van Lustbader was born and raised in Greenwich Village. He is the author of more than twenty-five best-selling novels, including The Ninja, in which he introduced Nicholas Linnear, one of modern fiction's most beloved and enduring heroes. The Ninja was sold to 20th CenturyFox, to be made into a major motion picture. His novels have been translated into over twenty languages.

Mr. Lustbader is

Bravo Shaw (4 books)
  • The Testament (Bravo Shaw, #1)
  • Four Dominions (Bravo Shaw #3)
  • The Sum of All Shadows (Bravo Shaw #4)