Start by marking “For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)” as Want to Read:
For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)

For Maggie's Sake

(Tempting SEALs #3)

Sinful pleasure and forbidden desire rule in #1 bestselling author Lora Leigh's story For Maggie's Sake, previously published in the anthologies Real Men Do It Better and Taken, now exclusively in e.

Maggie Chavez is in protective custody with a member of her former lover's SEAL team. Joe, her ex-lover, thinks Maggie is hiding information from him about a powerful drug lord
Published December 13th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published February 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about For Maggie's Sake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Maggie's Sake

Start your review of For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)
Sabrina

For Maggie's Sake is a second chance romance full of hot SEAL's and a tough heroine. This story didn't honestly feel like second chance type since Maggie and Joe had such an intense chemistry that it was like they never spent a day apart. I loved that they had such a connection and that they didn't let their past stop them from having a future.

Lora Leigh somehow packed this short story full of sexiness that is well worth you reading this story. If I could only pick one reason to recommend readi
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'For Maggie's Sake' by Lora Leigh is the story of Maggie and Joe. This is a Novella which has about 100 pages that sets us up for a second chance at love story. Joe had once been married but his wife cheated on him and actually died with her boyfriend. So Joe had trust and commitment issue after that. So a few years later he and Maggie start a relationship but it ends due to that issue. Maggie meets Grant who used to be Joe's friend. Grant and Maggie marry but things don't go so well and Grant i ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This would have been a 5 star for me except I'm a bit confused if there is a book before this one. It starts off as if it's in the middle of a story but I can't seem to find another book that would have preceded this.

Despite jumping right in, you learn real quick what's going on and like Lora Leigh can do, she pulled me right into the story. What I love about this book is the passion she conveys in her main characters. There is no doubt about the strong pull Joe and Maggie have and you can feel
Sandy S
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 starsFOR MAGGIE’S SAKE by Lora Leigh is a stand alone novella of romantic suspense originally released in the anthologies Real Men Do It Better, and Taken. FOR MAGGIE’S SAKE is loosely connection to Lora Leigh’s TEMPTING SEALS series. Clint McIntyre plays a supporting role in the current story line.

NOTE: There is some discrepancy and inconsistencies in the Goodreads blurb as it pertains to the current novella premise.

Told from dual third person perspectives-Maggie Samuels, and DEA agent Joe
Saunders
long time since I have read a Lora Leigh book. I forgot how much I enjoyed her writing and alpha males.
Dawn
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a good book. Has a lot of sex and some very tense situations.

When Maggie is brought into the police station and questioned about having ties to the Fuentes family and their new drug her ex, Joe, also a DEA agent, is watching from the observation room. It seems Maggie's husband, Grant, also a DEA agent has framed her pretty well and her life is now of being hunted with a price on her head.

Joe cannot believe his best friend, Grant, did this to Maggie and that he clearly didn't know him a
Sheila Melo
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION:  This is a very hot story about a second chance at love.  The story has a lot of heat and some angst and drama as the main characters have to confront their past.

THE STORY:  Maggie Samuels is a recent widow who is suspected of participating in the rape and drug crimes of her late husband.  Joe Merino was Maggie's husband's best friend -- or at least he thought he was.  It turned out he did not know his best friend at all.  Maggie's husband held jealous feelings toward Joe and par
Avid Reader
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
For Maggie's Sake by Lora Leigh
4 stars
Triggers: Sex trafficking, abuse
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This was a heavy story. Despite it's short length, a lot happens right away and keeps happening throughout the story. Leigh is able to draw you in because she also gives you background on the characters, so that you don't feel that you're missing things.

Joe is kind of hard at the beginning, but you learn it's because he blew his chance to be with Maggie. He was unwill
Ann Lorz
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
As I was reading For Maggie's Sake something was weird about this story. At first I couldn't put my finger on it. I just kept having a deja vu moment. Finally I couldn't take it any more and had to find out why I felt like I've read this story before.

Well it turned out that I had read this story before. It was in a anthology called, Real Men Do It Better back in 2007. Since I liked the story and I was already close to the midway point I continued to read it.

I have to say that I once again enjo
Bette Hansen
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short, sexy and suspenseful! This one has a lot packed into a short amount of pages. Maggie Chavez is still being interrogated over things her dead husband was involved in. They are convinced that Maggie knows more then she is giving them. Making things worse, the DEA agent on the case is her ex-lover Joe Merino. Knowing that she could be in danger from the scum her husband was involved with she's put under protection with Joe as her guard. Resisting the blazing chemistry between them will be th ...more
Faith89
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy received courtesy of Netgalley
short yet intense. Maggie and Joe share a past. they were in love but Maggie wanted more. Joe's insecurities and hangups cause unnecessary pain. She runs straight in to the arms of his ex friend. But she quickly finds out that the grass is not greener on the other side. Now she finds herself in a dangerous predicament. Her ex, Grant was not who she thought, now Maggie is caught in a dangerous situation. Joe steps in to find out the truth. He has to work around
Darcy
I've read the anthology that this book is from, but didn't remember it. I felt sorry for Maggie and the situation she was in. Worse when her history was revealed. It seemed like Joe was using Maggie, that he didn't really care for her. Still not sure that I feel that way after reading the whole thing.
Kim  Brewing
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A second chance romance with suspense and sexy time....what more can you ask for?! Love Lora's writing, she never fails to enthrall me
Zita
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
An intense, hot and steamy novella with added suspense…

This novella was previously published in two anthologies: “Real Men Do It Better” and “Taken”.

DEA Agent Joe Merino watches as his former lover is interrogated for involvement with a notorious drug cartel. Her husband, also DEA and now deceased, left a journal implicating her in his actions. After hours of being grilled she continues to plead innocence and ignorance of her husband’s dealings. The woman Joe once knew would never have been a pa
Mary Mooney
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
3.5 Stars
This story starts out with DEA agent Joe Merino watching the woman he lost being questioned about her husbands involvement with the drug cartel and Grant's journal tells about Maggie's involvements. But Joe knows that Maggie couldn't be involved. Grant wasn't who everyone thought he was. Being a fellow DEA agent himself, they can't believe he lied to them about everything.
Maggie can't believe s
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
When I was offered the opportunity to read this book, I thought it was a totally new story. When it is Ms. Leigh and there are military men involved, I want to read it. To my chagrin, this is story from an anthology I've read previously. I did not enjoy this story the first time around and the second time was still lackluster.

I am a huge fan of Ms. Leigh. This one felt contrived and forced. Usually her characters are flawed yet admirable. Usually they are not too stupid to live. Maggie specifica
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

From the very beginning, when the tension and the distrust levels are high, to dramatic resolution of the mystery, the reader is kept guessing as to just what will happen next.

Joe has to work through some seriously conflicting emotions, and Maggie has to both believe that she is trusted and can trust him. All of which leads to some very intense scenes. Once the inevitable happens, given their history we have no doubts a
Mary
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Lora Leigh does sex and romance while weaving danger and intrigue like no one else. This novella delivers on all fronts.

Joe and Maggie had their chance at love several years ago, but Maggie walked away when she believed that Joe couldn't give her the life she wanted. Heartbroken and miserable and wanting to move on, she began dating Grant, who happened to be Joe's best friend, only she didn't know it until her rehearsal d
Katherine Yearwood
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
When Maggie moved on from Joe, she thought she found the perfect man. Until she married him. Then all secrets were revealed. Her late husband was the best friend of Joe. Then if that wasn’t bad enough her late husband was also in the bed of the Mafia. Worst yet is when her late husband died, he had everyone believe that Maggie knew everything about his dirty dealings. Joe, was the only one who believes that Maggie is innocent and now it’s up to him to prove it.

For Maggie Sake is a second chance
Heather
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a steamy novella featuring a second chance romance. Although initially I felt as though I missed a part of the story, the story grabbed my interest almost immediately. Maggie is under suspicion as being part of her dead husband's crimes. While Joe, her ex-boyfriend is assigned to get the truth out of her and/or protect her if she is innocent. Fast paced, with plenty of romance, this was a great afternoon read.
Phoebe
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
All Maggie wants is to be safe. Her ex-lover wants the truth, even if he has to seduce it out of her.

Maggie’s dead husband has set her up to take the fall for his crimes. Now she is on the run from the real criminals and the FBI wants answers. She has none.

Joe’s partner and best friend is dead. The only one who has answers is the one he let get away. Now he just has to get them from her anyway he can.

Shivers. (giggle). It is so hard for me to review an author that I love. I love Lora Leigh. So I
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
For Maggie's Sake by Lora Leigh is a great short story to read. Maggie has been through the ringer which you find out why as soon as you start in the first chapter. I like how Lora gives you a back story on her characters so that as a reader you feel like you have met them before. Joe is an ex Navy Seal, and Maggie's ex lover. She needed something more, something steady. She already fell for Joe, but he was not ready. So he leads her to believe he was with someone else. Before you know it Maggie ...more
Debra Taylor
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Lora Leigh came through once again with an incredibly sexy and intense story.

Joe and Maggie had a hot fling in the past. It ended in a misunderstanding that led to Maggie getting married to Joe's shady friend. This short story picks up two years later after her dead husband's double dealing left a very disillusioned Maggie stuck in a world of trouble. Now, Joe has to save her and try to rekindle their brief but hot love affair.

This book was so hot and Joe and Maggie had an intense chemistry. L
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance story. The trope can be hit or miss for me, depending on the circumstances. However, this one was solid. Maggie and Joe cared for one another but were not where they needed to be their first go around. They both made mistakes but life places Maggie in Joe's path again. While trying to protect her and unraveling a mystery surrounding someone close to her, Joe realizes what he's been missing. The plot was interesting. The writing was well done and includes some very very ho ...more
Jamoz23
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
50% story, 50% sex.
Felt sorry for Maggie. By standing up for herself and believing in her own self-worth against Joe’s behaviour over 2 years ago, she ended up marrying his supposed best friend Grant, who really only wanted her to torment Joe.
When Grants’ deceit and treason is unveiled at his death, Maggie is once again used as a pawn.
Joe had been betrayed by his ex-wife and carried over that distrust into a relationship with Maggie. His behaviour was downright unacceptable with the hot-cold pus
Vero Stro
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
For Maggie's Sake is the story of Maggie and Joe. This novella is a second chance romance and it is very entertaining! Joe had once been married but his experience was horrible. His exwife cheated on him and later she died with her boyfriend. This changed him forever so when he met Maggie he didn't give the relationship a real chance. Now, there is a lot of action and suspense and Maggie and Joe will try to have their second chance at love!

I reviewed a copy provided by the publisher via NetGall
Tami
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leigh
This review is based on the ARC received from the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

I think that they had this in mind all along when they said "short and sweet" except they forgot to mention the VERY HOT factor. I found this author a month ago and her talent STILL astounds me.
K
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC provided in exchange for review.

I realized I had read this once I started and decided to finish it. This is a typical Lora Leigh novella. It's is a quick read with lots of tension (sexual) between the characters. This story though focuses on the two characters with the action coming at the end of the story. It is a solid Lora Leigh story.
Danielle Coleman

Maggie and Joe should have stayed together. *spoilers ahead * Maggie never should have married Joe's friend it's like she was asking for trouble. Joe could have stopped her but pride can do that to a person I guess. But they're together so I'm happy. Not too many grammatical errors so that's even better.
Shawn
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maggie married Joe's best friend. Joe remains celibate for 2 1/2 years unable to to believe he has lost Maggie due to his work. The C I A believes Maggie is involved with the mob when her husband is killed.
Can Joe trust that Maggie is innocent? Will he help protect her and get to the truth. Is love thicker than water?
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dimitri (Her Russian Protector, #2)
  • Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1)
  • After the Storm (KGI, #8)
  • Yuri (Her Russian Protector, #3)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5)
  • When Day Breaks (KGI, #9)
  • Nikolai (Her Russian Protector, #4)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Just One Touch (Slow Burn, #5)
  • The Taming of the Billionaire (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #2)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • In His Keeping (Slow Burn, #2)
  • Taurus
  • Midnight Fever (Men of Midnight, #5)
  • Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)
  • Midnight Vengeance (Men of Midnight, #1)
  • Nine-tenths of the Law
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Tempting SEALs (5 books)
  • Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Atlanta Heat (Tempting SEALs #6)