Start by marking “Twisted Little Things and Other Stories” as Want to Read:

Twisted Little Things and Other Stories

A man accidentally receives two dangerous wooden figures in the mail...

A woman is preparing breakfast for her children when she hears a dangerous voice in her head...

Late one night, an old man meets a strange girl on a canal towpath...

Published August 28th 2016 by Dark Season Books

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Little Things and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Little Things and Other Stories

Zane
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

Another perfect book by the prolific Amy Cross! This book is filled with great suspense and addictive ghostly horror. You won’t be able to put it down.
Lorie Adkins
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twisted little things

I gave this book 4 stars . they were really good stories but a couple were a lot longer than I prefer. I would reccomend this book to people who enjoy short stories
Ronald Keeler
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Twisted Little Things and Other Stories by Amy Cross is a collection from one of my go-to authors of horror and weird stuff. She writes lots of novels and short stories, more than 100 publications, and still manages to surprise. If you go to her Amazon Author page, you will not find boxed sets or series. More than 100 individual works, I am impressed! I like this collection because each story surprises me in a different way. Because it is a short story collection, some stories have been publishe ...more
Roxie Prince
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

'Twisted Little Things and Other Stories' by Amy Cross
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
Finished on October 9, 2016
Read with Kindle Unlimited Subscription
FREE on Kindle Unlimited | $.99 on Kindle

Twisted Little Things and Other Stories is a collection of short horror stories. These are tales of the hidden darkness that can lurk in the modern world, threatening to lash out and destroy lives. Some of the stories are about ghosts, others are about the way evil spreads f
Jye
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice little collection of stories. All had incredibly different ideas and characters which made them interesting. Most of them however had a theme in common (view spoiler) Overall a nice collection of short stories - I personally enjoyed the final story the most.

It could however do with some proof reading becuase (view spoiler)
Maurício  da Fonte Filho
Apesar de a autora trabalhar com ideias originais em alguns dos contos contidos nos livros, senti que alguns se estenderam demais, chegando até mesmo a serem repetitivos em alguns momentos. Além disso, os personagens por vezes tomaram decisões questionáveis, e determinados acontecimentos nas histórias quebraram a suspensão da descrença.

Destaque para Table 9, sobre um restaurante com uma mesa assombrada por um espírito vingativo.
John Morris
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A super read!

This was, once again, Amy Cross at her very best. Mild horror mixed with fascinating ghost stories.

I particularly enjoyed the modern twist on the Ferryman and the River Styx tale. Not to mention the final, slightly humorous, tale of two ghosts meeting and not realising that they were dead. The way they went about scaring the pants off two arrogant ghost hunters was a delight. A wonderful mix of stories - well recommended.
Sean
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely an author to check out

I'd not heard of Amy Cross prior to purchasing this collection, but these extremely well written horror tales make me want to pick up more prose by the author. I would highly recommend Twisted Little Things and Other Stories as a place to begin. I guarantee you'll be hooked.
Jack
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Horror collection

Decent collection of horror short stories; one of my favorite genres. These were fairly well written except for a reference to eBay in one story in a chapter that took place in 1963. Don't think eBay was a thing back then. Oops. Still. Good stories. Not too gory; just good stories.
T. Giachetti
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Frightening

Terrific horror stories. Some that scare you graphically. Others are terrifying suspenseful and most importantly there is a twist that you as the reader don't even see coming your way. Will be reading more of Amy's horrifying tales in the future!
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazon freebie & another Amy masterpiece. Loved the stories in this book especially 'The ferry'. Hectic day today, so these shorter stories were perfect. Just the right amount of thrill & chill with a few unexpected twists thrown in for good measure.
Tim Starnes
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nicely done

Interesting tales. A nice variety of settings and characters.
Some made you think.
Some smile.
Some fringe in disgust.
All well done.
The final story was a great chance meeting.
Diana
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked a number of the stories in this book. Although "The Ferry" really bored me, it was the longest one and I just couldn't get into it.
Nancy
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good collection of short stories from Amy Cross

Really liked all these stories although I thought The Ferry was a bit too long. The rest I really enjoyed though!
Kay Oliver
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had really high hopes for this collection of horror shorts as it is after all Amy Cross, and she did not disappoint. An excellent chest of treasures sure to creep, scare and enthrall you.
Michael L. Rivera
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I

I enjoyed the stories. They held the reader in suspense. I like the writers style of writing. Easy reading but really interesting
Nancy J Doyle
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok

The first and the third stories I liked the second and fourth just skipped over just had a hard time getting threw them
Terena
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twisted Little Things and Other Stories

I suppose every writer has short stories and some even have short stories that are made longer and reprinted. Sometimes the characters only want to go so far, then stop. Characters do that. And only writers understand. I enjoyed this series by Amy Cross. And some of the stories were really not resolved or rather left to the reader to surmise. It's the characters again. In some instances they said all there was to say,thus leaving the readers trying to guess
Kay Bolton
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a total break away choice for me, and actually I found it to be interestingly and thoughtfully written. The author does a really great job of constructing short story narratives - in this collection they sit together in a really nicely curated whole.

I didn't find any of the subject matter truly disturbing, but rather very thought provoking. Amy's work has a very 'Tales of the Unexpected' feel to it, and would probably work well in a TV episode format.

Read as part of my Kindle Unlimited
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twisted little things and other stories - excellent!!

Ah loved this book. Couldn't believe I have just finished just would have read on and on. The Ferry was a particular favourite as well as the Devil who inhabits a town to kill everyone just for his pleasure. Every story was good and I must say this is my favourite Short Stories to date.. congrats Amy
Donna L Buchanan-Smith
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely terrifying!

Just one more brilliant book by a creative and brilliant author I just can't get enough of! This book contains a myriad of short stories that keep you turning the pages. The only times I put it down was when my eyes became so tired that I'd literally fall asleep, only to wake up and pick up where I had left off! Can't wait to read a new Amy Cross book.
Arielle
Nov 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Some stories were either too short to me, or too long but that is the beauty of a book of short stories - if you don't like the one you finished, maybe the next will be better!
MARTIN WITHERS
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twisted little book.

Normally short stories are not my thing but this selection is very good and well written. One story I recommend is The Ferry.
patricia toms
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shivers

Shivers!! Thanks Amy Cross enjoyed all the stories very much ! Can't wait to read the next one. The toy soldiers especially
Becca Rockafellow
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really Creepy

All the short story's in this book are definitely creepy! This book is really worth time in your busy day.
Katya
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deeply creepy, especially The Ferry. A decrepit old ferry... in a storm... packed full of people with dead eyes? *shiver*
Crystal Pegasus
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

These are fascinating, and undoubtedly dark stories. Amy Cross can certainly think outside the box and will surprise you with her twists and turns.
Kimberly
Oct 20, 2016
AC Scott
Feb 03, 2017
Shanna Tate
Jul 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• True Scary Stories: Volume One - The Shadow Man: Real Horror Mystery With A Twist
  • Short Shockers: Collection One
  • Crimson Snow: A Short Story
  • Cold Sweats and Vignettes
  • A Dark Collection
  • We Have Always Lived on Mars
  • Ghosts, Monsters and Madmen
  • Dark Ride
  • Crawlspace: A Horror Short Story
  • Free Fall (Z is for Zombie, #0)
  • The Mansion Hauntings Super Boxset: A Collection Of Riveting Haunted House Mysteries
  • Dark Hearts: Four Novellas of Dark Suspense
  • The Snow and The Darkness
  • Sugar Daddy
  • The Visitors Book and Other Ghost Stories
  • The Alien Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Future Chronicles: Special Edition  (The Future Chronicles)
  • Her Last Tomorrow Super Boxset
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum.