Start by marking “Weight of the World” as Want to Read:
Weight of the World

Weight of the World

"The world’s an awfully big thing to carry by yourself."

Zack lost his job, his apartment, and his hope, which is why he ends up on the roof of a high rise, certain that one final step will solve his problems. But a mysterious stranger named Rob happens to be on the roof that night too. He talks Zack down, convincing him there's still hope left in the world. Zack thinks m
Published August 28th 2016 by Devon McCormack

Start your review of Weight of the World
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

This book packs a massive emotional punch.

Rob always called his older brother Tommy "Atlas," because Tommy carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. Tommy protected Robbie from their abusive father and gave up his own happiness to make sure Robbie had everything he needed. When Robbie, seemingly out of the blue, commits suicide, Tommy is gutted and devastated, unable to move on.

Then a stranger shows up on Tommy's doorstep looking for answers. Zack, bereft and homeless, was suppose
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I'm not feeling this one. At all.

I made it to around 30% but I just can't be bothered to read anymore.

I don't get the connection between Tommy and Zack.

Yeah, yeah I know, Rob is supposed to be the connection.

The book starts with Zack showing up on Tommy's (Rob's brother) doorstep. At this point, all we know is Zack and Rob met on the roof of a building both contemplating suicide. Rob ends up jumping and Zack does not. ***This is not a spoiler, it is in the blurb***

Six chapters in and Tommy a
Dia
4 stars for this heartbreaking story

This was my first book by this authors duo. Riley Hart is one of my favorites authors and I've read a couple of books by Devon McCormack.

I didn't expect this story to break my heart and make me so emotional. I think I can count on my fingers how many books really got to me. But the theme of this book is so sad and full of angst: losing a dear one who committed suicide.

Tommy's brother - Rob decided to jump from a building, but in the same night he saved Zack's
BWT (Belen)
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
So basically the story is exactly what the blurb says - and the whole drama of the story is when Zack will finally admit to Tommy that he was with Rob just before he jumped and that Rob had talked him out of committing suicide only to do it himself.
I wish I could tell him the truth. It itches at my conscience. Some part of me wants to share it all, but I’m so fucking scared I’ll lose the only person—the only friend—I’ve had in a long time.
I feel so stupid for thinking of him as that. We’ve on
.Lili.
 photo image.jpg1_zpshxzc363c.jpg

I went into Weight of the World by Riley Hart and Devon McCormack knowing absolutely nothing about it- not the title nor blurb. I'd been told it was emotionally charged, but that's it. Within a few sentences, I knew that this story would hit me hard. It deals with suicide and depression. As I've mentioned before, depression is something that I deal with and it sometimes it makes me critical of stories of this subject matter. Hart and McCormack did a beautiful job handling their character's feeli
Jaime
“You take the weight of the world on your shoulders, don’t you? You worry about everyone, but you don’t want to let anyone in. You want to take care of everyone, but you don’t let anyone take care of you.”

This was a book that snuck past me when it was released and I went into it not reading the reviews or even the blurb - I just saw the authors and was sold. I had no idea what the story was about and I quickly found myself a blubbering mess multiple times through this book.

crying-gif

The Weight of the Worl
Denise H.
*** We open after Rob has committed suicide. ***
Zack, 26, spent time with Rob that night on the roof,

and seeks out Rob's brother, Tommy.
Why? Why? is the question each asks.
Tommy, 35, is angry he didn't see it coming,

he didn't help him somehow. Zack is guilt laden and saw Rob as an amazing person who helped him that night.
The men lean on each other,

try to explore why it came to suicide, why no one helped. They find a Grindr buddy, a Psych doctor, and nothing but more questions. Through th
Christelle
DNF at 29%, so no rating.
From the first page, I didn’t connect at all to the story nor the characters. the constant change of their mood and thoughts didn’t sit well for me, and the dirty talk made me cringe.
It felt for me so different from the other books written by Riley Hart, an author I really enjoy.
I put it down twice and tried to go at least to go to 50%, but I can’t : I prefer to throw the towel :-(
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

This is exactly what the blurb says.

Zack has hit rock bottom, and when he decides to end it all, he’s convinced by a stranger to give life another go. When he shockingly discovers that Rob chose to do exactly what he intended, Zack goes searching for answers and finds Rob’s grieving brother, Tommy.

What ensues is some major hurt comfort as these two try to find answers, a reason or a clue as to why Rob is now forever gone. Both these men obviously have not had it easy, where they have e
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Felt zero connection between the MCs. Everything was just too repetitive. They'd Talk, somebody gets angry/upset, they fuck, repeat. That's all they do. It was exhausting and in the end I wasn't interested anymore about Rob's reason for committing suicide. #notagoodexperience
I~❤️~Books
✮4.5 Stars✮
*****I JUST LOVED IT!!!*****
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 4/6/17 :)
Meags
4 Stars

Loss, heartache, despair, confusion, abandonment, anger, guilt.

Acceptance.

Love.

Hope.

Weight of the World deals with a magnitude of strong (often warring) emotions. With a plot centred on the ripple effects of a suicide, this story is a tough one to read at times, but in my humble opinion, it was handled with grace and humility.

I don't read this kind of story often, for obvious reasons, but in Riley Hart I trust, and I wasn't left disappointed. Even with all the doom and gloom
Tess
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: disability

There were parts of this that I liked - the three different view points, the focus on mental illness - and I was a little teary eyed at the end. I just had a difficult time connecting with the romance and how quickly things moved between these guys.
Fabi
May 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have no idea how to review this. I'm so tempted to skip out on it. But then I'd be failing my personal challenge to review everything I read.

So here goes...I hope.

This book packed a 5-star angst punch. The entire story held somber overtones. That's not too surprising considering the theme is depression and suicide.
I hurt all the time. I hurt so much sometimes it's like I'm being eaten from the inside out. Like I walk around empty. I laugh where I'm supposed to and smile where I'm supposed
River
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 to 5 stars.

This book broke my heart so many times that it was impossible for me not to love it.
Maybe is the fact that I started this when I was PMSing or maybe I'm just an emotional mess but I had to stop and take a break to cry more than once.

This story is told in Zach and Tommy's POVs and the authors gave us a few Rob chapters that made us see what was going on with him.
All of Rob's chapters are set in that fateful night that changed Zach and Tommy's lives but it still makes you know hi
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
DNF @ 18%

This one is just weird. 2 strangers meeting over the suicide of a guy they both know. One is the brother, the other is a sort of friend.

And then suddenly they're having sex...

Eh??
Chris
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 for his heartbreaker. This was an angst filled story from beginning to end as Tommy and Zack look for answers as to why Rob ended his own life. Tommy the stoic, ever reliable big brother couldn't save his little brother and struggled to come to terms with the choice he made. Zack met Rob on that rooftop, both with the same intention but Rob helped Zack see some hope - Zack just couldn't reconcile Rob not taking his own advice.
Zack & Tommy meet under the most challenging of circumstance and
Tina
********** INCREDIBLE **********

5 BIG FUCKING STARS

I can't count how many times my heart broke while reading this. It was heartbreaking, raw, honest, and so very emotional!
 photo FC21459C-5611-41BA-9DD2-D7A080819DA2_zpsmipkftka.gif

I would highly recommend it!
Tizerkane13
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
True rating ... 3.75 stars!!
Camille
DNF AT 27%

The secret, the narration, the first person POV, the skirting around the issues, the grief-relief sex...not dong it for me.

I never enjoy this author's work, ever, but the blurb struck me. I did really want to read a book about someone struggling to such a large extent under the weight of the world and their journey through such. That's not what's occurring here, though. Plus, I can't read a whole book with people operating under the misconception that one is responsible for someone wh
Leann
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yikes!! I'm definitely in the minority with my review. I tried, really really tried, to like this book but gave up at 42%. The guilt of both characters, Tommy and Zach, was stifling and repetitive. They seemed to drone on and on and on and it got really depressing to read.
Judy
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 emotionally beautiful stars!!!

review to come...
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
I dunno about this one.

Honestly, if Zack was so ready on that building, he needs some serious help. I don't feel like his illness was addressed correctly. To want to jump off a building and end your life is pretty fucking serious, yeah?

Anyway. I think I have trouble with these kind of books in general. I think that in order to keep the book from being too dark the serious subject matter isn't handled, well, seriously.

My heart did hurt for Rob though, so much. It makes me so very sad that he just
Alona
What a stunning cover!
Tammy
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-books
Tessi4M
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I was warned by the blurb that this book would be anything but fluffy, so I wasn't surprised.
There was an oppressive atmosphere throughout the whole book like dark clouds having heavy above shutting out the light.

After Rob gave Zack enough hope to keep him from jumping off the top of a tall building, Rob himself took the plunge. Zack is full of questions as to why Rob jumped as well as guilt that he didn't see Rob's suffering. He looks up Rob's brother Tommy in the hope of getting some answers.
T
bookfaerie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to put my feelings about this story into words. Was my heart completely ripped out? Yeah. Most definitely. The subject matter here lends to a very heavy and emotional story and journey for these MC's. Death and grieving are hard to read and wondering why someone you love committed suicide adds another dimension to the sorrow that hangs over this journey for the MC's. Then, add in a blooming love that meets a bumpy road and the sorrow compounds. There is a HEA but don't expect the path ...more
Lacy
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's been a long time since I wanted to immediately reread a book after finishing it. I couldn't stop thinking about Weight of the World after finishing it. I found out it had an audiobook so I had to check it out and I loved it just as much the second time.

Original Review:

Sometimes I think I'm wasting money paying for Kindle Unlimited but sometimes I find gems like Weight of the World that makes me incredibly happy I have it. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping physical copies exist because
Bitchie
I must be getting cold in my old age, because the only time I really teared up was when (view spoiler) Sure, there were some hard moments, but nothing really got to me until that.

Still, this was a very good story, that details what it means to be the ones left behind, when someone chooses to do what Rob did. I'd still have liked more depth about just what he suffered, but I guess that's the whole point- sometimes you never really know all the answ

• Between These Sheets
  • FU: Fixer Uppers
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
  • Paint the Stars (Free Fall #3)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Have Mercy
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Filthy Little Secret
  • A Hundred Thousand Words
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • Gay on a Train
  • The Sex Coach
  • Wood (True Lover's Stories, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.