Start by marking “Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)

Cereus: Building

(Cereus #1)

What happens when a besieged and rather small dragon comes to a vampire and says, "I need your help"? Or when that vampire comes to a werewolf and says, "I have a job for you"? The vampire goes and builds a resort for things that go bump in the night, deep in the Cascade Mountains. Riding the wave of Julia Talbot's Bloodrose series, the multi-author Cereus: The Building
ebook, 2nd Edition, 195 pages
Published May 1st 2016 by TurtleHat Creatives (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cereus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cereus

Start your review of Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)
Jen Davis
The stories in most anthologies are barely held together by a common thread. Sometimes I wonder what they have in common at all. But this one is different in that all three novellas take place inside the broader construct of a larger story. The premise is pulled from Julia Talbot's Bloodrose series. (Though it will make sense even if you haven't read those books.) A new club, catering to supernaturals is opening... and each short story features characters who are working there.

"It's Elemental"
Tam
This is set in the world of the Blood Rose club where several short stories have been set by Julia Talbot. In this case, the original author has created a new resort location and then each author has written a story about a pairing within that world. I thought it was well done and they all merged in a fairly common voice and characters would spill over from one story to the other. The set-up is that a dragon, Daniel, asks Jonny to build an exclusive resort for paranormal creatures, mostly to ...more
Serena Yates
This must be one of the most fun, interesting, and hot books of intermixing paranormals and supernatural beings around. The idea of building a resort, or a "kinky little getaway" in the words of the instigator, for the use of different species at the same time, is bound to lead to some interesting situations. Cats and wolves changing at the same time? Vampires and dragons trying to get along with everyone? I couldn’t wait to get started.

It’s Elemental by Julia Talbot is the story of strong,
Serena Yates
This must be one of the most fun, interesting, and hot books of intermixing paranormals and supernatural beings around. The idea of building a resort, or a "kinky little getaway" in the words of the instigator, for the use of different species at the same time, is bound to lead to some interesting situations. Cats and wolves changing at the same times? Vampires and dragons trying to get along with everyone? I couldn’t wait to get started.

It’s Elemental by Julia Talbot is the story of strong,
Toni
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jonny, owner of Bloodrose, just received an interesting offer. He has a chance to expand his business, to build an extended stay play club on 600 acres in the Cascade Mountains. There is no time to waste, let the construction begin!

It’s Elemental by Julia Talbot

Werewolf construction foreman Chayton just can’t seem to understand his attraction to designer Kenneth. Kenneth is completely annoying and Chayton’s urge to choke him is immense. The problem is, he also desires him, in a dark passionate
Tamela
I do like these types of "anthologies". We get to know all the people and see them from different aspects. But then we get to REALLY know a couple, a story at a time. Love the kitties and Faelon is so good for them. And dragons are my favorite "paranormal" or magic creature and Daniel and Zee are a wonderful couple. Love this book and it's going on "My Favorites" shelf. I sure hope this is the start of another great series.
==========================================
1st read - Oct 8, 2011
2nd read
CB
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series of 4 books follows Julia Talbot's Bloodrose series. You don't have to read Bloodrose series first but it's an entertaining series too so I highly, highly suggest it and the resort that this is based on is owned by the same owner of Bloodrose with cameos from alot of those MC's.

This book is a compilation between 3 great authors so I really enjoyed it. The stories are all short, fun and hot hot hot!!
Sarina
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had never read the bloodrose series before this book but it drew me right in. All three authors give great stories and they blend together so well that it makes for a really enjoyable read. I later went back and purchased the first two bloodrose books by julia talbot and while they did clarify a few minor things for me, it wasn't necessary to enjoy this book. Great enjoyable read.
📚Shan
I wasn't really sure what the book was about because I got it 2 years ago at a Romance Times convention. It wasn't what I expected but it wasn't bad. I thought it was a very loose plot so I couldn't get invested. I finished but don't think I'd read another one by these authors.
Neyjour
It's Elemental by Julia Talbot -
The Third Course by B.A. Tortuga -
Smoke and Gold by Sean Michael -

Average Rating = 3.5 (rounded up to 4-stars)
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
*Extreme Taboo Shelf*
AuthorIsland
Sep 19, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Celebrating Two New Releases For B.A. Tortuga 1 1 Sep 19, 2011 05:40PM
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Cereus (4 books)
  • Cereus: Opening (Cereus, #2)
  • Cereus: Training (Cereus, #3)
  • Cereus: Rescue (Cereus, #4)