Start by marking “27 Lies: Luke's Story (The Truth About Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
27 Lies: Luke's Story (The Truth About Love, #2)

27 Lies: Luke's Story

(The Truth About Love #2)

A long time ago...

I was young and naive. I thought I could save the world. I thought that protecting those around me from hurt and pain was what I was born to do. She made me feel that way. Ava Links, the little girl who was too fucking stubborn for her own good. The little girl who absorbed the hurt and pain of everyone around her and tried to bring sunshine to them all.
Published October 16th 2016 by MJ Fields

To ask other readers questions about 27 Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 27 Lies

XxTainaxX
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was interesting to see the story from Luke's perspective. Even though it doesn't excuse his actions in book one, it allows me to see that he is flawed and just as overwhelmed and thrown off kilter by love as the rest of us. He made many mistakes and I'm glad that they weren't excused. He was allowed to grow and had to deal with an Ava that was fundamentally changed by her experiences with both men and her kids. Ava was hurting so much and the writing allows us insight into that. While their t ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
Release Date: October 16, 2016

I really liked this book. I certainly appreciated getting Luke's POV. As cold and unfeeling as he seemed in book 1, I loved getting his true perspective. He was incredibly deep as well as stubborn, honorable, protective and determined.

If you haven't read 27 Truths, STOP READING!! The rest of this review covers it.

I really wanted to love this book. I did. It almost got 5 stars. I loved how the author illustrated Ava's grief. Her loss was very realistic. Thomas was de
NiCoLeTa E.
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Hope, Chance and Faith!!!" stars***

"My words were a gift to her. She doesn’t know it, but it’s true.
Her gift is now my hell..."

When i finished the first book from "The truth about love" series, it was impossible for me to not start immediately the second book from Luke's POV!!!

In the first book, we were having Ava's truths and it was about time to learn more about Luke, because he didn't give a very good impression with his actions in there!!!! But i was always had this feeling that
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
I did not care for this book at all. It is the second book following 27 Truths: Ava's Story. Find that review here https://prettymessreading.wordpress.c...

I felt upset and frustrated for 2/3 of the book. Luke is the worst. I can't remember the last time a book pissed me off like this.

I'm not going to do a full review but I will share one thing that killed it even more for me. The damn bastard took her kids at one point. I was done. If someone even tries to take my kids that will be the day they
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

Oh wow! This was intense!!
I was so confused after reading 27 Truths. It broke me. Literally. I loved it, because it was one hell of an emotional roller coaster (which I love!!), and the writing was just amazing.
This is a sequel so you have to read 27 Truths first.
This is mostly Luke's story, even though it's written in dual POV, and it finally puts it all into perspective.
I hated Luke in first book. He was a big time jerk. I couldn't understand his actions and r
Jan
Dec 05, 2016 added it
I don't know what to make of it.
Jaime
27-lies27-lies-1

This is an amazing story!

First, if you know me - you know I very rarely read hetero romance anymore, there are very few authors who can entice me to still read the m/f world. M.J. Fields, she is at the top of that list! I have read everything this brilliant author has written and each time I think to myself, "there is just no way she will top that book!" .. guess what? She always amazes me!!

So, 27 Lies- Luke's Story. I have been waiting for this book since I finished 27 Truths: Ava's Story , w
Christine
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started this I just thought it was going to be a repeat of 27 Truths but from Luke's voice.
Oh but then when we start to get more of Ava's story I was so happy.
A fabulous story and dear little Piper added so much enjoyment for me in the story. Love it when youngsters get involved in the story and have their say.
A really enjoyable duet.
Lisa Aiello
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na-romance
4.5 beautiful healing stars. Luke was such a jerk in book 1, and along came Thomas, and I completely forgot about Luke. But fate was not kind to Ava and Thomas. Luke is back in the mix, and I wasn't sure how or if he could make things right. And Ava, she was so hard on herself. It was a beautiful thing to watch these two and their precious family heal and grow. My heart is happy now.
Malene
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars
I couldn't wait to start reading 27 Lies especially since it ended on such a high emotional level. The story of Ava and Luke were far from over and they were now broken more than ever.
I was very intrigued by Luke and questioned if he was able to redeem himself. I certainly had my doubts. Could Ava fight back against her own fears and forgive not only herself but also T and Luke. All my questions were answered and resolved seamlessly.

My heart absolutely broke for Ava and for what she wen
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
*** WARNING: If you have not read 27 Truths, this review might contain spoilers***

“Second chances are few and far between, but there is always…a chance.”

WHOA! OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!! MJ Fields totally destroyed me with this book but in a good way though. I finished it late at night and literally stayed up several hours thinking about it.
Honestly, in 27 Truths I HATED LUKE and said as much in my review – I truly wanted to throat punch him. But let me tell you, Luke redeemed himself in a HUGE way
Jamie Sexton
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So...Trying to find the words that would do this book justice is eluding me.

Just as the books before it, it is full of feels. Luke a boy who spent a life time living in shadow of a dead man only wants to find who he, himself truly is. Ava the little girl in the tutu and princess crown that once told him she loved him is now falling apart.

This is Luke's book, Luke's POV. After 27 Truths I wanted so much to hate Luke but I could not. It's hard to find who you truly are when you've been living in
Michelle
Nov 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Didn't cut it

After reading Ava's story I had really high expectations. This book fell extremely short in the feelings department. I feel like Ava moved on too quickly. She was remarried and pregnant within a year of the worst day of her life. The H was such a douche. He was such a hurtful prick in the first book and here he is a the hometown hero? Give me a break.

Thomas's legacy was literally SH!t on. It really made me sick to see Ava move on so quickly. Did she ever love Thomas? Ava blatantly
Jan
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Death and life and everything in-between

This is Luke's story, you need to read 27 Truths before reading this and if you thought 27 Truths took you on a roller coaster of emotion, well get on board for another ride.

luke totally redeems himself in 27 Lies, I finished the previous book in heartache and cursed everything Luke while reading Ava's feelings and thoughts but not anymore.

MJ Fields has written a beautiful story and a captivating one that pulls you forward then back with the emotions th
Nikki
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
It's no good, I'm afraid I'm still not a fan of Luke's. I absolutely hated him in book one and wasn't anymore impressed in this one. There was no going back for me. He treated everyone appallingly. I couldn't get over how he justified his actions and no matter how hard he tried he just wasn't a patch on the gorgeous, swoon-worthy Thomas Hardy. I felt like Miss A ( what a stupid nickname) really had a hard time letting go too, she almost gave in too soon. I found myself wishing it was all a Dalla ...more
lizparker
Ava was a total disappointment to me. I did not like her character at all- she was so stereotypical in the way that you describe overly dramatic girls. She creates drama where there is none, she acts like she is the first person ever to have a child (and makes really dumb decisions- who in their right mind wants NO help from family- or anyone for that matter- when you have a baby, let alone twins. Especially because she is supposed to love her family- this made ZERO sense). Drama for the sake of ...more
Saunders
Well what a journey this was. I went from despising Luke in book 1 to loving him in book 2. Review coming
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Once again to avoid giving any spoilers I can't really talk about this journey. Just know that this part of the journey is told mainly in Luke's POV and it gives ALL THE FEELS!! Everything I was missing in Ava's part of this family dynamic was given in this book. I appreciated the attention to detail when it came to weaving the military aspect into this book. The dynamic of Luke's journey about Ava's actions kept me on the edge of my seat to the point that I DEVOURED this book in one setting. I ...more
Kathy Kugelman
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You need to read 21 truths first. This is the second book in the series and continues on. I read both of them back to back and all I can say is WOW! Highly recommend.
Three Chicks
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Lisa Kane

27 Truths shattered me. That ending. The tears. The heartbreak. My hatred for Luke Lane. My love for Thomas Hardy. My soul ached for Ava Links. How can this end well?

I was determined to keep the fires of my hatred for Luke stoked. M Fields was equally determined to make me love him. I am waving the white flag in defeat. She won. I lost.

Ava Links, the daughter of my father's best friend, the man whose shadow my father lived in until his dying breath. One night inside of her,
Lisa
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
27 Lies: Luke's story by M.J. Fields is the second book in her Truth About Love duology. This is Luke's version, his take on how things went down with Ava and a fulfilling completion to the story of Ava and Luke. This book will help heal the pain caused by book one, 27 Truths: Ava's Story, and will bring light back into Ava's life.

The emotions this duology managed to evoke is the best measure of just how great these books were. Well-written, gritty, angst ridden, heartbreaking, and yet healing t
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

Hot, steamy, passionate, sexy, and heartbreaking. MJ’s stories grip you from the first page sucking you into the story until the very end. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, suspense, betrayal, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Blue Love (The Love Series, #1)
New Love (The Love Series, #2)
Sad Love (The Love Series, #3)
True Love (The Love Series, #4)
Love You Anyways (Love, #5)
Wrapped in Silk (Wrapped, #1)
Wrapped in Armor (Wrapped,
Em
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I really didn't like how Thomas was demonized in the beginning. I thought it was unnecessary to do that and would've worked fine if this was a book about moving forward and developing a broken relationship. But then I realised that Luke genuinely saw T in a bad light. Because he saw how T had what he couldn't. It becomes clear later on that Thomas was true with his love though. But that happens literally only in the last few chapters. And I hate that that was the case since I LOVED Thomas in ...more
Le Ann Foster
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 5 Stars!

☆☆If you haven't read 27 Truths then you need to go any further until you do. This book continues from it and you need the whole story of Ava, Luke and Thomas☆☆

I don't think that I could even get over 27 Truths but reading 27 Lies just puts it all into prospective. Ava is Damn strong and doesn't want to see the lies that is before her. Luke is part of those lies and has to make himself better to be able to show Ava his lies.
Naughty Mom Story Time
5+ Stars

Ohmygod! Talk about a roller coaster of emotion! So many times I had to fight back the need to just fall into blubbering puddle of tears. 27 Truths nearly wrecked me, but 27 Lies finished the job. The good thing? It also put those pieces back together.

I was NOT Luke's fan in the first book and to be honest, I will always hold T in my heart as Ava's true love... but Luke redeemed himself. He finally got his head out of you know where and woke up to the reality he'd been denying over the
Annmarie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book but Ava just killed it for me. Luke was such an asshole in the first book. But in this book he was really great. He never gave up and really stepped up. Ava was such a drama queen, self deprecating, just being an asshole to everyone. I just was turned off by her. Now, having said that, it's a HEA and there is NO cheating, no OW/OM scenes. Yay! I was scared going in but there was no funny business that way. I liked the end a lot, you kind of know that's how it will end, ...more
Maura
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
27 Lies: Luke's story is the 2nd book in The Truth About Love Duet. Please read 27 Truths first; Lies picks up right where Truths leaves off. I am so glad that I already had it downloaded after turning the last page of Book 1.

While it's described as Luke's story, it is still told in a dual POV so we get to see what's going on in both of their heads.

Luke, Luke, Luke... I was NOT his biggest fan in 27 Truths and wasn't really sure where his story would go. Poor Ava. She has gone through so much a
Robin
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I love these types of duologies. Where you get different sides to a story. Not the total rehash but an actual look from the other perspective with other events you didn’t see. And this story built on that and moved the story forward.
Luke was a dick in the first book and with this book, I got to see his perspective. He was still a dick but I came to respect him and how he became who he was.
There are some plot holes and a few convenient solutions but I loved Ava and the babies and Luke too.
Cocktails and Books
Luke redeems himself in this book. He was a complete d-bag in Ava's story, breaking her heart. But you knew there had to be a story. He couldn't possibly be the guy to string a woman along for seven year just for an itch. Luckily he wasn't. He had his work cut out for him with Ava. He broke her heart, her trust and her faith in him. It's an uphill battle, but it was one he was willing to fight, even if that meant going up against her family and his own.
Autumn
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2016
Luke Lane is a broken man. He lost the only girl to ever really love him and then he lost his career after a mission turned deadly.

He’s back home trying to put his life and his body back together again when he overhears a conversation that shakes him to the very core.

Now it’s up to him to discover the truth about the paternity of Ava’s son, Chance. Because if the hushed rumors are true, he has a brand new reason to live.

Do I love Ava Links?
The truth is... yes.
Yes, I f*cking love her.
Yes, I
USA Today Bestselling author MJ FIELDS grew up on a farm surrounded by her extended family. She attributes her ability to write a realistic male character to the fact that she had a large amount of male influences in her life… that and the dirty joke books she would steal from her uncles or the farms hired help and run away laughing while they chased her yelling obscenities trying to get her to re ...more

The Truth About Love (2 books)
  • 27 Truths: Ava's Story (The Truth About Love, #1)