Start by marking “Moonlight War: Act I (The Realmers #2)” as Want to Read:
Moonlight War: Act I (The Realmers #2)

Moonlight War: Act I

(The Realmers #2)

After the catastrophic events of book 1, Evan and Brooke are trying to come to terms with recent revelations. However, it isn’t long before their duties as Venators throw them back into action.

Whilst Evan faces a deathly trial to advance further in his training, Brooke embarks on her very first mission, which sees her embroiled in a war between the vampires and werewolves
Published August 29th 2016 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight War

Evgeny
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The book contains so many plot-lines it is hard to describe them all. However, it ends up with three main ones each ending in a cliffhanger, so I will try to describe the beginning of these three.

Not surprisingly Evan got the blame for the events of in the end of the first book. While he resented this he also felt the blame was not exactly misplaced. To make everything even more complicated it seems half of the pupils of the school were bullies - unless the situation changed since my schooling
Erin Dunn
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

Short Review Summary:
Never a dull moment!

Moonlight War picks up right where A Darker Shade of Sorcery (A Darker Shade of Sorcery Review) left off and I easily got right back into the story! A fantasy novel was exactly what I needed since I was headed to slumpsville. Luckily, this book was the perfect read at the perfect time and kept that from happening. I really enjoyed coming back to this story and to Evan, Brooke, Arantay, and the rest of the gang. Esp
Whispering Stories
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
‘Moonlight War’ is the second book in the Realmers Series by British author William Collins. We join the action at the end of the first book therefore if you haven’t read ‘A Darker Side of Sorcery‘ I think you may well struggle to pick up the story.

We reconnect with Evan, the main protagonist, near the beginning of the book and find a rather different young man to the one we met previously. He has learned some startling facts about himself and has much to re-evaluate. However to counterbalance t
Dianne
The battle of good versus evil is never ending and Evan and Brooke are about to find that there is little time for taking a breath before they must heed the call to duty as Venators. Have things gotten so dire that even the under-trained must be forced into active duty?

Brooke’s first mission is to step into the war between vampires and werewolves in London, where she is confronted by Arantay, who has changed more than she could have believed. Is his change permanent? A result of the life he liv
Vivian Chen (Vivian's Book Pavilion)
This is post originally on Vivian's Book Pavilion

Shocking…I actually like this book a lot more better than the first one!!!! I love the fast pace, the continuous events and catastrophic…all the bloody scenes. Oh don’t worry, I’m just kidding about the bloody scenes…or perhaps not. But no matter what, a lot of things I’m not happy with the first book seems to disappear in the second one, and I can finally see its own unique and creativity. Don’t get it wrong, I still like the first, but I’d ra
Wyborn Senna
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Wilde Sky
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book provides a thrilling tale of demons and good fighting evil.

The story is filled with action and numerous different types of bad demons. The narrative has a good pace and the alternate reality is well developed. The characters, especially those that were half-bad and hence conflicted, were all well drawn and believable. The desire of individuals to get through their training and go on a mission rang true.

Overall my rating is 3.5 as in a few places I was a bit confused, with all the diffe
-ˋˏc a i s e eˎˊ-
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be perfectly honest, Will writes something for everyone in his books and I LOVE IT!! It's just raw, savage violence, action packed, and with so much going on! I can't say much without spoiling some plot, but bloody hell this was a great book and I'm actually shocked that this series isn't hyped up- I mean, people come on, get your noses into this!!!!
Anna Lane
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a thrilling sequel to the first book and I have to admit that it is actually better in many ways. The good Venators are still fighting the evil demons. Unlike the first book, it starts slowly but still pulls you in. By the sixth chapter –Creature College- with the brutal murders by the dark Venators Rakarn, the tension ratchets up and never lets go.
There are two storylines –Brooke and Arantay in London and then with Evan undergoing his trials. The description of the realms is varied and yet
Donte McNeal
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy f this book in exchange for an honest review. Now, let's get to it!

To say I was eagerly awaiting this sequel would be an understatement. I was enraptured by Collin's fist book in the series, "A Darker Shade of Sorcery," what, with its captivating and immersive world, fleshed out characters and engaging storyline, so you can imagine my delight when I aw that the sequel was released. Ok, that's enough gushing; how's about I begin my review?

Moonlight War picks up where "A Dar
Ailyn
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have received this book for a fair review.

Evan Umbra is back in Veneseron, for you to follow Moonlight War you have to start with Darker Shade of Sorcery. The story picks up directly after Evan's ordeal, and now there is a new challenge or danger at hand. If Evan felt that he might not be able to fit in with his powers, now he fears that his peers will never accept him for who he is. At least he has a few true friends, Brooke in particular, will understand his pain.

There are more characters in
Hayley L. Morgan
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my review in any way and the thoughts expressed are my own.

The second book in the Realmer series sees Brooke, Evan and friends as they continue their apprenticeships and take on any challenge that comes their way. The book continues immediately on from the last one, only minutes after the climactic battle. Arantay chases after his brother through several worlds, giving into his
Tristen Kozinski
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found Moonlight War-Act I to be wholly enjoyable and a distinct improvement on the first book in the series, the prose was tighter and suffered less from the telling aspect that diminished the first installment (though it was not entirely excised, and plagues a few scenes where the author tells the reader what to think.)
Beyond the prose, there are two area in which this book has distinctly improved over the first: foremost is the pacing. This book moves smoothly from one event to the next, all
Bex
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, reviews
This sequel is utterly explosive. It is fast paced, action packed and really good fun. You definitely need to have read Evan's first adventure though because this picks up right where we left him, straight into the aftermath of the destruction, and total chaos, caused in A Darker Shade of Sorcery. Honestly I wasn't sure this book would come close to that ending!

So with that said, you might imagine this book is going to be pretty plain sailing for Evan and co, now all the demon nasties seem to b
Lucretia
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where the last part left off with Evan, Arantay, Brooke, and the myriad of other interesting characters- human and otherwise, mostly otherwise, all awesome. The story was just as thrill filled, with two separate main lines. The one that stays on realm with Evan and his team, who have to pass a trial in order to get their first assignment. The other with Brooke and Arantay, who have to reign in a rouge werewolf before a war between moonlight creatures (Vamps & wolves) break ...more
Stephen Merritt
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in “The Realmers” series. This book starts with Jed Jagger, Evan’s best friend, very worried about Evan who had been taken by Demons during an attack on Veneseron which should never have been possible. Veneseron had a protective spell by Venderain, who created this realm for the Venerator school. Evan and Brooke now know they are the spawn of demons and not just any demons but the most powerful. Evans mother is Akirandon, the demon queen. And Brooke is the spawn of a Demo ...more
Carrie Vos
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The continuation of this story in Moonlight War - Act I takes you further into the story and adds more elements to it. I read lots of things and it's a rarity when this type of book genre grabs me, but this series has me hook, line and sinker. I never give out details since so many others do because I'm one that likes to avoid details and ruin the surprise. This series of books has me wanting to see it on the screen so that I can put to life all the unique characters in each realm and see it bef ...more
Andy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Slow Start but Great End!

I loved book one and this one started a little slow, much to my dismay. Something that seems to happen in book two of a lot of series, giving you lots of new information, building the plot for an action packed conclusion in book three. I've never minded when this has been done as it usually makes book three a spectacular wrap up. I'm on to book three!
Mimi
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5

After enjoying the first book in this series I was very interested to see how the story would go on. I can only say that it didn't disappoint and I really enjoyed it.

'Moonlight War' sees the characters of Veneseron trying to cope with what took place near the end of the first book. For Evan and Brooke this is especially hard as they face a whole new set of challenges.

There was a lot of action and new creatures in this story that made me want to read on. From Brooke going on a mission to Evan
Erika
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Find more of my reviews at my blog Books and Stars.

**I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way**

**Warning: Spoilers for Book 1**

This book picks up on the heels of the last book. After that epic climax, Evan and Brooke are trying to figure out just how to live with the fact that they are children of demons, possessing magic that no Venators should ever have. Soon enough, Brooke is sent on her first mission as a Mid-Realmer while Evan must
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
The book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Actually, I never thought he would remember me and give me the second book of his on going series. The first book, A Darker Shade of Sorcery, was given to me also for free and I loved it. That's why I was so exhilarated when he asked me if I can review his second book. And here it is…

I NEED THE ACT TWO NOW! *wails*

The book ended so abruptly especially at the scene where I was enjoying myself and the thrill it brought me and
Jamie
Moonlight War - Act 1 is great. With each new book in this series I find myself being drawed in more and more. This second book did not disappoint. I really enjoyed reading the first one in this series and was excited to start reading this one. It was just as good as the first one. But with this one we get to meet new characters and go to other realms.

Here we see Brooke out on a mission with Arantay. While Evan is back at Veneseron training for his next trial. Jed is being himself trying to fli
Melissa
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-e-book
After reading the first book in this series I couldn't wait to read more.

I got this book and started reading it straight away, I love the fact that even though I hadn't read the first book in the series for a few months, I still knew what was going on and I fell in love with the characters and the world/s all over again.

Just as good as the first in the series
Can't wait to read more.
Jan
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Sci Fi fantasy with lots of clear imagery and conflict. The is a large cast but it's clear on who the protagonists are despite the complexity. The publisher's blurb is helpful this time, but the important thing is that you read it!
I entered a giveaway and was delighted to have won this thrill ride!
Stacey
Dec 02, 2016
Jamie Irvine
Aug 18, 2017

The Realmers (5 books)
  • A Darker Shade of Sorcery (The Realmers #1)
  • Moonlight War: Act II (The Realmers #3)
  • Angels and Elves: Act I (The Realmers #4)
  • Angels and Elves: Act II (The Realmers #5)