Start by marking “Navegando por la tentación” as Want to Read:
Navegando por la tentación

Navegando por la tentación

(The Lost Lords of Pembrook #2)

Tres jóvenes herederos encerrados por un despiadado tío escaparon en dirección al mar, a las calles o a guerras lejanas, esperando el día en que pudieran regresar y reclamar sus derechos de herencia.

Érase una vez un noble, lord Tristan Easton, convertido en Crimson Jack, un corsario que no rendía cuentas ante nadie y cuyo único amor era el mar. Pero todo eso cambió cuando

Published August 25th 2016 by Harlequin (first published September 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Navegando por la tentación, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navegando por la tentación

Start your review of Navegando por la tentación
Addie H
(Tropes: Forbidden Love, Forced Proximity, Enemies to Lovers, Mistaken Identity, Opposites Attract)

description

When I first started it felt formulaic. Girl needs ship, hero is captain of ship, forced proximity and voila.

description

I was quite sceptical of the speed of how it all unfolded.

But THEN….. it got more layers - quite delicious, emotional and complex ones. Plus a rather believable obstacle to a happy ending.

So once again I was impressed by Lorraine Heath, and her Lost Lord series.

*****
- He was what he was,
Duchess Nicole
Five huge stars!
"He skimmed his fingers along her throat, felt the fluttering of her pulse against his skin. “And I’m still safe. I’m a blackguard to the core. I’ve never claimed otherwise. All I want from you is passion and pleasure. To give. To receive. You don’t want me for a husband any more than I want you for a wife. But you can’t deny there is an attraction between us, like the moon to the tides.”
“And which am I?” she asked on a breathy sigh. Before he could respond, she answered, “The mo
Kelly22
4.50 Stars – Victorian/Historical Romance!

The making of Lord Tristan Easton aka Crimson Jack can bear a resemblance to adding:

• A sound segment of Billy Blade’s rebellious courage Lady of Desire
• A piece of the dashing libertine and easily bored Viscount Sebastian
St. Vincent Devil in Winter
• A large segment of the love and tender and witty humor of Lord Bramwell Johns Always a Scoundrel
• A portion of the nefarious single minded charisma of the Marquis of St. Aubyn London's Perfect Scoundrel
• A
Beanbag Love
It pains me to give this a low review -- really I guess it's between a 2.5 and 3 star. I love Lorraine Heath and I love the potential of this series, but this book was a real disappointment.

In the previous book, "She Tempts the Duke", Tristan Easton is very appealing. He's the rakish twin brother of the disfigured hero of that book and he was definitely intriguing. Unfortunately, I felt very disconnected from him as a romantic lead in this book and I'm still trying to figure out why.

He's cynical
Steelwhisper
This earned itself a brandnew shelf: that of containing absolute Mary Sues and Marty Stus. The descriptions and behaviour of the main characters read like The Princess Bride fanfic of a 13 year old, right along with eyes described as precious metal and unlikely colouring. While I accept the white hair and translucent orbs from a Faye Dunaway as Lady de Winter, I really am over reading such characterisations in what are supposed to be books at least written by an adult.

I'm afraid this one lost me
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Pirate Stars

BR with Aly!!

Lord Tristan Easton is the scoundrel among the brothers. Forced to leave his life as the second son of a duke and live in the seas as a pirate he has become a man no one messes with. He shows only his jovial face and pretends to be an unthinking man-whore in order to protect himself from coming too close to anyone since his only permanent love and home has become the sea. All this though is about to change the minute Lady Anne Heyworth steps into his life.

Anne was once
kris
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lady Anne Hayworth hires Captain Crimson Jack, née Lord Tristan Easton, to sail her to Scutari for her fiancé. He demands a kiss as payment! Scandal! Horror! They bone. Then they make it back to England and he proceeds to follow her all horny and sad-like because his boner doesn't support the latest feelings firmware install. They bone additional times. Tristan hits things with a hammer and this resolves his angst. THE END.

1. YEP.

2. This was entertaining if not overly simplistic and emotionall
D.G.
**2.5 stars**

The narration seriously detracted from my enjoyment of Lord of Temptation and probably the reason why I'm rounding down. The narrator's male voices were bad and indistinct, she used inappropriate accents and imbued the narration with a terrible melancholy. Everything and everything seem sooo saaaad!!!

Anne has been grieving her dead fiancee for several years and to find some closure, she decides to journey to the place he died. Her father refuses her wish but Anne takes matters on h
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2020
I enjoyed the premise of this story and how everything unraveled but I just thought it dragged for a bit towards the later half and our hero flipped and REALIZED his feelings too quickly. Still a good read!
Sophie ♥
I'm starting to be more ruthless here but I feel like I need to be as honest as possible with the ratings regardless of how much I love the author. I am what you would call a seasoned historical romance reader (or just wary if you prefer) and I guess it takes a lot more to impress me now than it did before. I think this book falls into the medicore catagory - I guess what marks a good book is the fact that I actually look forward to finish it... with this one I felt like I was just reading it fo ...more
Avid Booker
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Like Reading About Procrastinators
3 Stars

We met Tristan Easton, one of the lost lords of Pembrook, in the first novel of this series with his two brothers. He is the twin of the Duke of Keswick, but because no scars align his face, the better looking one. In the first book, he seems the type to deflect emotions with humor and sarcasm and he was always very playful, which made me excited to read his book! But for some reason, I just didn't connect to him in this one. I found myself skimming through the ending bits and I don't car
Linds
TWO AND A HALF STARS

It's really a shame to give this such a low rating because Lorraine Heath is in my top five romance authors and she rarely dissapoints. This isn't a bad book, it's just one of those dime a dozen forgettable ones.

Which shouldn't have been the case. Tristan's back story, given in the far superior Waking With the Duke, is positively Shakespearean. His Richard the Third-esque Uncle tries to murder him and his two brothers for the fortune and title. Runaways at fourteen, Tristan i
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Lord of Temptation is another very good love story between the 2nd Pembrook twins Lord Tristan Easton brother to the Duke of Keswick and Lady Anne Hayworth, daughter to the Earl of Blackwood. This is one Hot sensuous Romance between Triston and Anne. It was a whirlwind romance.

Anne has hired Captain Crimson Jack/Triston to take her to Scutari were her fiancé Water has been fighting the Crimean War. She needs to ask his forgiveness for an argument they had before he left for the war. Triston is
Keri
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely good read as Tristan struggles between what he has become versus what he wants to be. As children, he and his brothers were forced to run for their lives. As a consequence the three brothers were separated. Each being forced to grow up fast in a man’s world. Tristan for his part, ended up going to sea and eventually becoming captain (pirate?) of his own ship. But in the process, he learned some harsh life lessons as the end of a lash. He also buried his emotions about his brothers and ...more
Lisa
When Lady Anne Hayworth blows into a bar one night and asks for his help to sail to visit her fiance, Lord Tristan Easton rejects her offer of monetary payment and alludes to a different sort of payment. Shocked, Anne dismisses him and tries to secure another captain only to find them all unavailable...to her. Her emotions high, she confronts Captain Jack, as Tristan is know in his shipping life now, to be told her payment will be just a kiss at his time of choosing. Thinking that she can ignore ...more
Monika
5 stars

Another winner from Lorraine Heath.
I can't think of any words to describe how much I love this book.
This story is beautiful.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

“But you can’t deny there is an attraction between us, like the moon to the tides.”
“And which am I?” she asked on a breathy sigh.
Before he could respond, she answered,
“The moon, of course. I stay put in London Society while you come and go where the sea takes you.”
“Yet here I am, with you pulling me toward you. Let me come nearer, Anne.”
Aly is so frigging bored
Buddy read with Jo
I didn't expect to like it this much since I'm not a fan of pirate romances... but lord Ms. Heath did it right!
Carolyn F.
I liked book #1 more. This one, with some convoluted trip to Africa to say sorry at the grave of a dead fiancee because she didn't want to have sex before he left. Ridiculous, especially for this period of time. I didn't care for the hero or the heroine.
Marilyn
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-series
#2 in the Lost Lords of Pembroke series. I must be getting tired of reading Lorraine Heath's novels. Either that or she's losing her flair for writing.
This was so predictable it was boring.
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Lorraine Heath is a consummate story teller and I love this beautifully written and totally captivating love story.

How I imagine Lord Tristan Easton/Captain Crimson Jack…

Once Lord Tristan Easton, he is now the roguish, sexy, witty, adventure-loving Captain Crimson Jack but he still bears the emotional scars of leaving Pembrook all those years ago.

From the moment he’d galloped away from Pembrook, he’d sworn that he would never complain, whine, or cry about the unfairness of life. He’d buried deep
Lady Wesley
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
"There is no way this couple can have a future together." That's what you'll be saying to yourself right up until the last few pages of this story, and by my standards that makes for a pretty darn good book. It's Romancelandia, so we know that an HEA is guaranteed, but how . . . ?

Lorraine Heath is one of my go-to HR authors, and although I did not love the first books in this trilogy, She Tempts the Duke, I was excited to receive an ARC of this book from Edelweiss.

First, a quick update on the s
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Reread it and loved it again!
Kerrelyn Sparks
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book so much! I can't wait to read about the third brother!
Jacqueline's Reads
4 Stars

If you are a fan of the The Lost Lords of Pembrook series then you will like the second book. It has the overall, look and feel of the first one.

I’m not too fond of the, already engaged storyline, but yet we have it again. It’s slightly different, but still apparent.

You can read the books out of order, but I feel like so much character development was created in the first book, you should read them in order. I do like the second book slightly more than the first, only because the already
Sandy M
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
If I had the time, Lorraine Heath’s books would those I’d read over and over and over again. Her writing is rich and luscious. Her characters reach into your heart and make you feel every emotion from one end of the spectrum to the other. Intriguing story lines take the reader so deeply into those characters’ lives, you feel like you’re part of every word on the page. My opinion? Lorraine Heath is the best at what she does.

The Lord of Temptation, Tristan Easton, is the middle brother of the thre
Angelc
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lorraine Heath is one of my very favorite historical romance writers, and this book just proves why. She has a great way of writing a really emotional romance without melodrama. There is just so much heart in her books. I love that in this book, the romance is truly the heart of the story. There is no murder conspiracy, or stolen jewels, or spy sub-plot. This book is all about a sweet, yet all-consuming romance.

Tristan is such a great hero, he is a little impish on the outside, but he is so tend
Michelle
Dec 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I tried to get through this book but I just couldn't do it. What bothered me about it was 1) Tristan was such a rake and fun loving in the first book that I expected him a little bit more alpha in his own story. He was this handsome man who went through so much as a youth. And as soon as Anne walks in the door, he's overcome by her? There was no sparks. We were instructed that he fell head over heels. Just not believable. 2) Anne was a not a character I could relate to. Her reasoning for going o ...more
Yomi M.
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

I think I liked it so much because it reminded me of my favorite book ever, My Wicked Pirate by Rona Sharon.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
4.5 actually. Loved Tristan.
Marielle
Jun 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is dreary. The accent of the reader sounds off and the men sound like Peter Pan (ie boys). Not exactly romantic
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 02, 2015 10:37AM

• Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • A Beginner's Guide to Rakes (Scandalous Brides, #1)
  • If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1)
  • Taming an Impossible Rogue (Scandalous Brides, #2)
  • All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue (The Debutante Files, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)
  • Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)
  • Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."​​​​​​​

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor

The Lost Lords of Pembrook (3 books)
  • She Tempts the Duke (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #1)
  • Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)