Start by marking “Single, Married, Separated, and Life After Divorce” as Want to Read:
Single, Married, Separated, and Life After Divorce

Single, Married, Separated, and Life After Divorce

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  382 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
In Single, Married, Separated and Life after Divorce Expanded Edition, Myles Munroe goes more in depth exploring the full range of human relationships. He demolishes the myths surrounding 'singleness' as he declares that it is okay to be single, but not good to be alone. Stepping out of the single life into the married life is a big step and Munroe offers tried and tested ...more
Published November 1st 2003 by Destiny Image Incorporated (first published 1991)

Ijeoma
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very interesting read. Dr. Munroe is a very powerful speaker. So I was encouraged to purchase his book, which did not disappoint.
Dr. Munroe is to the point. There are no fillers, just facts backed by scripture. He encouraged readers, no matter what stage they are in a relationship to develop themselves and be independent, so as not to burden the relationship. His advice is convicting, yet there is the compassion of a father advising his child.

My suggestion for readers new to Dr. Munroe would
UL Dean
This is a very good book by Dr. Myles Munroe. Although not with us on this side of life anymore he has managed to speak with such authority and anointing. The book has covered all aspect of relationships and gives some very good advice on how to be healed after divorce. I would also like to add that he gave some very practical advise on being single and whole. No longer can I look at the word 'single' in the same way.

Definitely would recommend.
Joe
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read for anyone looking to live their life to the fullest and be happy while doing it.
An inspiration to everyone single, married, separate, or divorced. It should be a required read before anyone marries.
Maximizer
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's a must read for all singles, it made me pump my brakes on pursuing marriage as my primary focus.
Sharon Rose
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!
Robert Ssempande
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good book on relationships and how to handle them from the time you're single. Very insightful. This book offers a path to healing for those who have been through broken relationships. Myles paints a clear distinction between being single and being alone (not the same thing) and shows the essence of truly being single before getting into a serious relationship with another person. God is the author of relationship and knows best how they should be handled. We should follow his blueprint if we ...more
Draya  G.
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Understanding the traumas of relationships and losses is so vital for our maturity. I love how his perspective is Kingdom based. Powerful read, be intentional about your relational ties and God’s purpose.
Rugengamanzi Van Eülådè
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He(Dr Myles Munroe)changed my perseptive on Singleness and Marriage. a good book to read.
Brenda Seefeldt
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simply presented solid truth.
Georgia Bryce
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Revolutionized my entire concept of what it means to be single!!
Malie
Mar 01, 2017 added it
This is the book that helped me get beck at myself after my divorce. It's just a pity that I bought it after going through all that cause it teaches one about what being single is. Love it when Dr. Myles Munroe says one has to be in Eden (the presence of God) and know oneself before you get involved with someone else and also make sure that you get a partner who is found in Genesis 2 before the fall of man/
HEW
Mar 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to HEW by: Divorce Care at Northpoint Community Church
This book changed my life and my outlook. It also was one of the most difficult books that I have ever read. Not because it was hard to understand, but because for me, it was hard to accept.

I recommend it to any person, unmarried, married and divorced. I am currently re-reading this book (August '09)
Linda Montgomery
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you know anyone (including yourself) who is single, married, separated or divorced, this book is a must read! The greatest writing ever on setting people free to be "whole in Christ" in order to move on into destiny.
Godwin
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS A MANUAL FOR HEALTHY AND IMPACTFUL LIFE, BEFORE, IN AND AFTER.
IT HELPS YOU DISCOVER WHO YOU ARE BEFORE FINDING YOUR LIFE PARTNER.
IT HELPS YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION; "WHAT ARE YOU LIVING FOR?"
REALLY AN EXCELLENT FOR EVERY SERIOUS MINDED PERSON WANT TO ENJOY MARRIAGE
IN GOD ORIGINAL IDEA.
Nay Whatever
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book that exposes the lies about singleness. A must read for everyone who seeks God's purpose for life and creation, wholeness within self and healthy relationships with others. Understand and accept your individuality.

Abi Las
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life, it made me appreciate why I was single and prepared me for marriage. Highly recommended
Yvonne
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, really enjoyed this book....
Jessica Lewis
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Both single and married should definitely read this.
Jmes
Awesome read, everyone alive have experience one of these life situation. So when reading u can actually relate to one or more experience.
Eddie
Dec 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
good and insightful
Sarah Nsiime
Good book.
Shirley
Great book! It really helped me after my divorce to see myself as a whole and complete individual.
Lyle Blount
Mar 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A waste of time
Shane Anderson
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good insight on marriage and the single life. I would definitely encourage anyone suffering after divorce to read this book. Lot of healing.
Kenya
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and recommend it for every single, separated, divorced and even married person. Excellent book!!
Neville Hiatt
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
easily my most recommended book for anyone in, or thinking about starting a relationship. wish i knew about it sooner in life but glad i found t when i did.
Shunammite
Oct 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
mind blowing
Lana
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
to keep on going! Never doubt myself!
Darryl Barnes
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • Liberated Through Submission
  • Right People, Right Place, Right Plan: Discerning the Voice of God
  • My Mother's Daughter
  • She Calls Me Daddy: Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter
  • Living Above the Level of Mediocrity
  • Me, Myself and Him
  • Changes That Heal: How to Understand the Past to Ensure a Healthier Future
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • Resolved Primer: A Look Into The 13 Resolutions
  • Landmines in the Path of the Believer: Avoiding the Hidden Dangers
  • The Success Journey: The Process of Living Your Dreams
  • Quitting Church: Why the Faithful Are Fleeing and What to Do about It
  • The Power of Praying?: A 3-In-1 Collection *The Power of a Praying? Wife *The Power of a Praying? Parent *The Power of a Praying? Woman
  • Growing Up Christian: Have You Taken Ownership of Your Relationship with God?
  • Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life
  • 10 Commandments of Dating