Start by marking “Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game: An Essential D&D Starter Set (5th Edition D&D)” as Want to Read:

Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set: Fantasy D&D Roleplaying Game 5th Edition (RPG Boxed Game)
Everything you need to start playing the world's greatest roleplaying game
Ideal for a group of 4 - 6, the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set includes: 64-page adventure book with everything the Dungeon Master needs to get started, 32-page rulebook for playing characters level 1
5th, 96 pages
Published July 15th 2014 by Wizards of the Coast LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Michael
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpg
Your hero bursts into song:

Sometimes we walk hand in hand by the sea
And we breathe in the cool salty air
You turn to me with a kiss in your eyes
And my heart feels a thrill beyond compare
Then your lips cling to mine
It's wonderful, wonderful
Oh, so wonderful, my love

Here is one of the many, many things I love about Dungeons&Dragons: the sheer amount of reading one has to do in order to understand and play the game. Any 12 year old kid who works his way through these two books--the basic rules a
Sam
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Bought this with my son (13) and Daughter (9). and played it over Labor Day weekend. Didn't think he would be interested but my son begged me to buy this and teach it to him; it brought back memories. And it turns out my daughter likes it more than him. I can't speak to the 4th ed. since I never played it. I owned and played all the original 1st ed. books back in the 80s; sold them all in jr. high in order to chase girls, not the best exchange I ever made. Anyway . . .

* The Bad: 5th ed. rules ar
Jonas
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This kit contains everything you need to play D&D.. but you can only play the one adventure and the pre generated characters. Character creation is one of the most fun things to do (complex too) but there is nothing of it here. The rules are cut down to a bare minimum but you’ll still need the core books to really enjoy everything going on.
For the DM there is no guide to the checks: climbing slippery wall? DC 15. No why.
I find it kind of lacking in imagination but it is a way to start with
Elfangor
Jason
Jul 02, 2019
Reonie
Jul 02, 2019
James Wyatt is an award-winning game designer at Wizards of the Coast, and now holds the position of Design Manager for Dungeons & Dragons. He was one of the lead designers for D&D 4th Edition and one of the original designers of the Eberron Campaign Setting, and has written and co-authored dozens of game supplements. He grew up in Ithaca, New York, and now lives in Washington State with h ...more