Start by marking “The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)

The Dragons of Nova

(Loom Saga #2)

Cvareh returns home to his sky world of Nova with the genius crafter Arianna as his temperamental guest. The mercurial inventor possesses all the Xin family needs to turn the tides of a centuries-old power struggle, but the secrets she harbors must be earned with trust -- hard to come by for Ari, especially when it comes to Dragons. On Nova, Ari finds herself closer to exa ...more
Published July 11th 2017 by Keymaster Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dragons of Nova, please sign up.
Elise Kova No! I can't speak for my illustrator (Nick D. Grey) but I didn't send him anything Castlevania related for inspiration... That being said, I LOVE the …moreNo! I can't speak for my illustrator (Nick D. Grey) but I didn't send him anything Castlevania related for inspiration... That being said, I LOVE the Castlevania franchise! So I'm A-okay if it has those vibes.(less)
Elise Kova Yes, that is my understanding at least. Tantor media is producing the audiobook and I believe they were planning for a simultaneous launch. Even if it…moreYes, that is my understanding at least. Tantor media is producing the audiobook and I believe they were planning for a simultaneous launch. Even if it got pushed back, it should only be a little. Unfortunately, that's the extent of my knowledge on it.(less)

Start your review of The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
♥ Love my swag ♥

Okay, so I got a little excited and pre-ordered the kindle version like I did the first book. Then I got more excited and got the Hardback with a coupon like I did the first book. And this time since I have joined audible, I got the audio that was on sale. Lol, but look at all the wonderful stuff I got just like I did with the first book. *Swoon* ↑

OMG! Half way through the book I'm sitting on the edge because of the sexual tension!!!!!!! For the love of Pete, someone have sex wit
Melanie

ARC provided by Keymaster Press in exchange for an honest review.

1.) The Alchemists of Loom ★★★★

“She was Arianna the Rivet. She was the White Wraith. And she would not scream.”

I devoured this book in one day and one night. It was so whimsical and fantastic, but kept true to its steampunk roots. This book even surpasses The Alchemists of Loom tremendously, and you guys know I loved that. Like, this series is so under-hyped, but is so outstanding. It's unique, so very creative, beautif
Elise Kova
Jun 09, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Want to learn more about the world of Loom? Check out my website: http://elisekova.com/the-world-of-loom/ ...more
Taylor
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5

"No half measures," Coletta said with singsong delight.

"No half measures," Yveun repeated, and savored the tuning sounds of discord in the air as he stepped behind the conductor's podium for the greatest symphony of destruction ever composed.

...

Wow. What an amazing follow up to The Alchemists of Loom! I can't even begin to describe how enamored I am with this series.

The Dragons of Nova is book 2 in the Loom Saga, and picks up right where the first book left off. In this behemoth of a book, t
Cindy ✩☽♔
This book was bloody brilliant! A wonderful sequel that certainly surpassed its predecessor.

The Characters:
Ari - Continues to be the kick-ass spymaster we know and love
Also, this line actual line by Ari is literally me in so many book situations: "You think now is a good time to be kissing me? Bloody cogs, your incompetence is only rivaled by your idiocies."
Cverah - A precious cinnamon roll, who has nothing but love and respect for the powerful, independent women around him
Florence - Goes fro
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
FLYLēF Reviews

Original Post: The Dragons of Nova at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

ELISE KOVA IS exceptionally good at sweeping me off to another world for long hours at a time, despite all my responsibilities. In The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga 2), she brought me to an impressive world populated with compelling characters, dangerous magic, and vicious court intrigue. I enjoyed this second installment even more than the first!

Cvareh returns to Nova, home of the Dragons, with Arianna, the White Wraith, as his guest
Jackie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
The Dragons of Nova is the second book in Elise Kova’s Loom Saga, therefore I won’t be summarizing the plot as it might spoil things! The book is still told from the POVs of the three main characters – Arianna, Cvareh and Florence – but the perspectives of Cvareh’s sister Petra and Yveun, who’s the King of Nova, were added!

I loved how that added so much depth to the entire story! Petra and the King are and have always been rivals because they belong to different Dragon Houses. Petra wants to see
Maud
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequel
I got an ARC from the publisher in exchange for my honest review, this has not influenced my opinion. Check out my review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRDn...

First time giving something else than 5 stars to an Elise Kova book. While this book was really cool it also had some things that I did not like that much...

The things that I didn't love:
1: Inconsistent information. Example: Cvareh is the younger brother of Petra and Petra is his younger sister... How does that work?
2: Unfinished
Maggie ☘
“There were two types of people in the world: those who loaded the gun, and those who pulled the trigger.”

In terms of the storyline, this book was definitely better than its predecessor. The world of Nova was colorful and interesting and dangerous. I found the cultural differences of Nova and Loom really interesting, and despite the fact that they are two made up races, quite realistically written. I finally came to appreciate the overall world building more in this book, it just took some t
Ann (annreads)
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
*I received a copy of this book through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*

The Dragons of Nova is the second installment in the Alchemists of Loom series, and in my opinion, one of the best sequels out there and a brilliant addition to the series!
Right from the beginning, one of the biggest differences between this book and the first one was the pace. While The Alchemists of Loom wa
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
** I am assuming you have read book 1 - The Alchemists of Loom!! **

Cvareh returns to Nova, the dragon home, with Arianna, the White Wraith, the knowledge to help his family inside her head. We pick up with the events at the end of The Alchemists of Loom. Cvareh’s sister, Petra and Yveun, the dragon King vie for power during the crimson court. Florence is set a task for the resistance and uses everything she has to make a difference when the worst happens. Hidden allies aide both sides, but who w
Scrill
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance
“She had always seen tools of destruction as the way to gain control. Hope was a much more dangerous weapon.”

The story continues with Ari & Cvareh on their way to Nova to coerce with his family and Florence in the Alchemists guild working away towards a new rebellion against the dragons. The Dono is aware of a rebellion arising from Loom as well as the Xin House and is taking measures to hold is rule over it all.

The Story-You know, I really do read a lot of YA fantasy. So now that I am readi
Dark Sith Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

hi. i need this on my shelf so i can read over and over.

and also, why don't these "dragons" have fucking wings ?? it makes me think of the Navi from avatar cept w/o tails.

Danielle Jensen
Incredible world-building. Readers are in for a treat!
Sydneroo
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

1.) The Alchemists of Loom ★★★★★
2). The Dragons of Nova ★★★★★

This book picks up right where the first book ends. Ari and Cvareh travel to Nova to meet up with Petra while Florence stays back in order to help with the rebellion. This installment includes a map of both Loom (like the first book) and Nova. Since we are exploring the Dragon land for the first time everything is very magical and we get to understand the culture and behaviors of Dragons.

(view spoiler)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
FYI, if you're in the US, this is on sale for $2! on the kindle store!
Sammm
4 for probably up to 4.25.

Review WIP (Taking summer semester on top of everything else... unlikely to finish the review soon, however, feel free to read my status updates, I comment on every 4 chapters I read lol)

One thing for sure; sorry folks, it's official now (I'm rather devastated myself), Flor just rubs me the wrong way. Perhaps some people would see her change as "growing up," well, that could be the case, and unfortunately, I do not like what she's growing up to be. I did not like Sophie
Renee Godding
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
My Rating: 3,5/5 stars
mith
you can find this review and others over on my blog!
---
This book definitely did not have second-book-syndrome like so many sequels somehow have. The Dragons of Nova was somehow better than The Alchemists of Loom and I absolutely adored that book!

I’m going to keep this short and simple: I enjoyed this book a lot. It had more of everything I was expecting—Ari being Ari, Florence coming into herself, Cvareh and Ari, Petra.

If there’s one thing this book has, it’s definitely fierce and awe-inspirin
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Steampunk, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

The Dragons of Nova is the second installment in author Elise Kova's Loom Saga. This is a story that features five different characters; Arianna, Cvareh, Florence, Petra, and King Yveun. When we last we left Arianna, known as the White Wraith aka the Perfect Chimera, she had left her apprentice Florence behind to her own devices and flew off with Cvareh for Nova.

*Full Review @ Gizmos Reviews*

nat.
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
can I marry this book? ... because I'm gonna do it.

I am in awe!

there was so much happening in this book that continues to build a much larger story and coming war. new POVs are introduced that I both loved and hated.

my entire favorite thing in this book besides dragons, duh was the floating islands in Nova. I mean, come on! I'm only heartbroken that they aren't real!
Alexandra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I received and e-ARC from the published on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Even better that the first book TDN, is an excellent sequel on Elise Kova's new fantasy series! Following straight from the events of the first book, Cvareh and Arianna arrive at the world of Nova, which resides above the mountains.
Falling into the politics of the Houses Arianna will have to find out about the traitor, fight to stay alive as also settle her feelings
Jolien
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2017
Review first published on my blog The Fictional Reader

It's been months since I've written a review, and I feel like I've lost my touch. If I ramble in this one, I apologize. I'm pretty much always a rambling mess when talking about my favorite books though, so you might not notice a difference. As always, my reviews are spoiler free!

WORLD

If you haven't read the first book yet and have no idea what this is about, let me catch you up. This story is about Loom and Nova. Loom is where the humans (an
Kari Rhiannon (Moon Magister Reviews)
5 stars

This is a review for the second book in the ‘Alchemists of Loom’ Trilogy and, as such, spoilers for book one will abound.

When I read ‘The Alchemists of Loom’ last year, it was actually the first of Elise’s books that I had ever read. Oh, how times have changed…

I can remember falling in love with the world of Loom, so dark and exciting and original, with its complicated Guild system and video game worthy mechanics. There’s always the worry when you find a book which is so fresh and differe
Danielle
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dragons of Nova picks up right where The Alchemists of Loom left off. Like the first book this is told from multiple points of view. Arianna, Cvareh and Florence are the main three with the introduction of Cvareh’s sister Patra and the Yveun the King of Nova.

Petra and the King are and have always been rivals because they belong to different Dragon Houses. Petra wants to see Yveun dead because she doesn’t agree with the decisions he makes and the power he holds over everyone. Seeing how these two
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by Keymaster Press in exchange for an honest review*
"Your song will flat, I fear, since I have heard the truth of its melody."
(I am still in shock over this book... I have no idea how to make my emotions known but I will definitely try for all of you.)
This is the sequel to the beauty that was The Alchemists of Loom. (If you haven't read it yet, go go go!) I have to take a second to praise Kova's sequels for never EVER falling flat to her readers but doing the exact opposite. I alre
Diabolica
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: majicks
I really liked the first book, and this one was more a tornado. It just got worse.

I don't mean that Kova's writing got worse, or the plot got rotten or even that the characters suddenly transformed into some other cut out. If I were describe the flow of the plot it would like the image below:

downward

The events in the book just kept getting worse and worse where I would start whispering Omygosh, WATCH YOURSELF, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, that coupled with a little bit of colourful language.

Suffice to say,
Devann
WOW CLIFFHANGER MUCH???? :p

It's kind of hilarious to me how much I love this series because, as I recently noticed when going through several book newsletters in my inbox, few things will cause me to scroll past a book faster than seeing the words 'dragon shifter' [although these aren't really 'shifters' but you know what I mean] or really just dragon anything where it looks like romance will be involved. It's not even really because I'm entirely against the idea [obviously], it's just that most
Adah Udechukwu
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Dragons of Nova was totally fabulous
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
What a unique book with so many things to love! I was a little on the fence after reading the first book, but this one stepped it up and hooked me. I'm just gonna make a list of all the things I liked.

- This book was slower-paced than the first, but it was more gripping. There was more scheming and intrigue. It created more tension, and I ate it all up.

- I thought I'd be frustrated by having five POVs, but it turned out I liked all of them except Florence's, and I could understand

• Shadow Ruin (Shadow Fall, #3)
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Shadow Rise (Shadow Fall, #2)
  • Warlord's Shadow (The Aermian Feuds #4.5)
  • Touch (Touched by the Fae #3)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • Fortuna Sworn (Fortuna Sworn, #1)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Winter (Court of Sin #2)
  • Blessed be the Wicked (Dark Maji, #2)
  • Restless Slumber (Fortuna Sworn, #2)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of stories filled with magic.

In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or talking w

Loom Saga (3 books)
  • The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)
  • The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3)