Start by marking “Necessary Roughness (HotShots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Necessary Roughness (HotShots, #1)

Necessary Roughness

(HotShots #1)

Love is a game best played hard and rough

Nicky…
Nicky Chase was the star Running Back for the New Orleans Sinners.
Until he blew out his knee.
Playing ball is out. In thirty seconds, Nicky went from being on top to hitting rock bottom.

Sophia…
Sophia De Bartoli is the best physical therapist in New Orleans. Her Italian roots have given her a fiery temper, but her Catholic fa
Published August 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Necessary Roughness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Necessary Roughness

Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
2.5 STARS

This is exactly what the author describes it to be... short, hot, straight to the point, a quick little nibble you can literally get through in a car ride or while you're sitting at your child's sporting event.

I'm just not sure these quick little novellas are for me. There's just not enough time to connect me with the characters, or allow me to feel invested in their story in so few pages. And maybe that's the point... it's kind of mindless, not a lot of drama (or at least no serious d
Floripiquita

photo tumblr_inline_ob6niw7CeX1upxpgr_500_zps5sq2o0u1.gif
Jackie White
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, my-faves
I enjoyed this too much. CC can't write fast enough!
Sylvia
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Como dice la autora desde el inicio: un libro rápido, un suspiro entre otros libros profundos y rebuscados. En solo 68 páginas nos presenta a los personajes, sus problemas, su situación, y los coloca en un final.
Rápido y concreto.
Becca
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sexy read

This mini novella will definitely steam up your kindle. Don't look for a lot of meat to the story - but a quick, sexy, steamy read with a fast storyline.
Soany
Dec 02, 2016 marked it as dnf
DNF.

Llegue hasta la mitad y no pude seguir.
Por la protagonista con una inteligencia que se pone en duda, cero profesionalismo, sentido común, y raciocinio que la mueve más sus partes intimas. Porque ya saben ÉL es un jugador famoso, caliente y moja bragas que no puedo pensar (ni el intento de resistirme) en las consecuencias de perder mi trabajo por enredarme con él.
Ginabm
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
La mejor manera de describir este libro es tomando las,palabras que la misma courtney puso al inicio del libro|

"Esta es una serie de novelas autónomas, que son pura sensualidad al desnudo. De la longitud perfecta para llevar a la piscina o a un viaje en tren desde el trabajo. No son profundas, no son complicadas.

No son largas, no son exhaustas. Van al punto. Son deliciosas. Son pequeñas muestras de pervertida felicidad, escritas sólo para ti. "
Molly B
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tal como nos dice la autora al comienzo de la novela: fresca y sencilla. Cero drama, pura pasión.
Si tienen ganas de leer algo tranqui sin complicaciones ésta es una buena lectura de una horita más o menos... refrescante.
Janeth
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Sin duda la portada es lo más atractivo del libro.
Esperaba otra cosa, aunque no me decepcionó en lo más importante, je.
Bueno para pasar el rato.
Cami
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
2.6
Luisa
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Muy corto
Catherine Coffman
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short hot story. Can't wait for more short stories.
Jennie Wurtz
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a fun, quick, HOT novella to pass the time on a rainy afternoon? On the pickup line at school? Curled up on the couch with a blanket and some wine? Look no further! Courtney Cole's latest release, Necessary Roughness is just what you want! Trust me! It's a short novella (I read it in under two hours) and it's filled with yummy hotness! It's so different from Courtney Cole's usual dark, twisty writing and she's done a fabulous job in this genre. Nicky Chase will make you swoon and Sop ...more
This was an entertaining and very steamy quick read. Only takes about an hour to get through. Definitely worth the read if you're a fan of Courtney Cole's.
Jamie  Leigh
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
a good read. enjoyed the story.
MJ
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Great, easy late summer read.

I loved that Courtney Cole wrote something a bit lighter and I look forward to more novellas like this one. I actually read it while lying in bed before facing the world this morning!!

Nicky and Sophie are sweet together and the sex is electric.

Certain to put a smile on your face!
Ana
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Courtney Cole can write anything and do it well. This was a very short story but, even within just these few pages, the story was fun and the characters were well developed. With this book you get exactly what you expect...a quick shot of romance and steam. A fun and very quick read that you definitely have time for!
April
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Was not impressed with this one. Too short for me or maybe lacking in details. I know the author said it's short and fast but there should still be a good build up and this one failed in doing that.
Plus, it has several typos. Since this one is shorter, I kinda expect better editing since there are lesser pages to check.
Lauren R.
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devoured in one half hour train ride! And darn it but I was squirming in my seat and blushing CherryRed literally as I read this hot as sin book!

I can't wait to read what Courtney Cole will come up with next in this series!!!
Kelly
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

It was to the point and a very quick read. It was set up well and good character development. It just wasn't as steamy as I thought it would be. That's my only complaint.
Jeannine
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 I like it rough stars. *wiggles eyebrows *

I'm usually not a cover whore but for some reason, this cover spoke to me. So I clicked it. This one is a shorty short but it got the job done. Not too bad for wanting something quick and hot.
Jacque
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Good short story.
There a few grammar errors that iterated me but overall a juicy short story.
Ceri
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't realize that this was a novella. It is short. There is not much story here all.
Rachele
Quick and insta love.
Mary
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Very, very short. I wish it would have been longer. I know it's a novella- but you can read the whole story in 15 minutes.
Christina
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short , quick and oh so hot!!!! Loved it. Took less than an hour.
Suzanne
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Fast. Good bones, lacking in depth.
Raels111
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Very short story insta attraction story
  • Fighting to Survive (Guarded Hearts, #3)
  • Sidelined (Wilde Players #1)
  • Scars of My Past
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
  • Wildcard: Volume Three (Wildcard, #3)
  • Totaled (Totaled, #1)
  • Redeem Me (Kin, #6)
  • Dashing through the Snow: A Sexy, Snowy Christmas Tale
  • Cheeky (Imperfect Love)
  • Catching Fireflies (Chasing Butterflies #2)
  • Forever Love (Now & Forever, #3)
  • Weekend with Her Bachelor (Bachelor Auction, #4)
  • David (Control, #3.5)
  • Love Unmatched (Unexpected, #2)
  • Jack Hammer (The Stripped Duet, #2)
  • Bennett's Chance (Fourth Down, #2)
  • The Grinch of Starlight Bend
  • Famed (Imperfect Love; Friendship, Texas #3.5)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.co