Start by marking “In The Best Interest of the Child” as Want to Read:
In The Best Interest of the Child

In The Best Interest of the Child

Severely injured in an accident that forever changed her life, 10-year-old Olivia becomes another faceless, underserved child in foster care. With no time to mourn or grieve, the young girl is easy prey for uncaring social workers and ambivalent foster families.

Olivia quickly learns to hold her tongue and mask her emotions. Even when exposed to neglect, bullying, and assau
Published September 30th 2016 by Crybaby Books

To ask other readers questions about In The Best Interest of the Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Best Interest of the Child

A.C. Melody
Nov 26, 2016 A.C. Melody rated it it was amazing
Title: In The Best Interest of The Child
Author: Felicia Denise
Genre: Women’s Fiction/Psychological/Romance
Rating: 5 Wholehearted ♥‘s

I want my own Bellamy! Before you get any ideas, it’s not just for the man, himself – but his entire cray-cray, laugh-out-loud, we do everything with passion family! Grab your box of Kleenex, you’re going to cry, especially when you laugh. Grab your beverage of choice and a guilty pleasure kind of snack, because oh yeah…it’s that kind of book.

Olivia Chandler has bee
Katherine (KWBookReviews.com)
description

I was given a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.

“In The Best Interest of the Child” is a romance/psychological novel by Felicia Denise. Olivia Chandler, the protagonist, is a child advocate attorney with a difficult past. At the age of ten, she was involved in a car accident which resulted in having her entered into the foster care system. She suffers through years of abuse and is nearly raped but when she leaves foster care she is determined to become a child attorney. As a
Didi Oviatt
Jan 17, 2017 Didi Oviatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!! In The Best Interest of the Child by Felicia Denise is a powerhouse novel, overflowing with emotion and real life messages that quite frankly NEED to be said. This book gives insight into legal AND personal prospective when it comes to DCS and the U.S. foster program. It does it in such a way that makes you feel very personally attached, not only with facts but also with very heart wrenching emotion.
The main character, Olivia Chandler, is a very prominent child advocate attorney, and
Kiru Taye
Jan 21, 2017 Kiru Taye rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This story is full of heart. Olivia is a woman who works so hard to protect children but she carries the weight of her past and we wonder if she'll ever find love and happiness. That's until Bruce.
Angelina Kerner
Jun 18, 2017 Angelina Kerner rated it it was amazing
Book Title: In the Best Interest of the Child #1
Book Author: Felicia Denise
Genre: Women’s Fiction, Contemporary Fiction
Source: K.U.
Rating: 5 stars

NOTE: This book is intended for 18+ only due to language, sexual activity and scenes of child abuse and near-rape. Those with emotional triggers should reconsider purchasing this book.

Side note: R&R Blog Tours shared with me a sign-up for a cover reveal for the second book in the series by Felicia Denise. I decided to read the first book before b
Ida Louise
Oct 31, 2016 Ida Louise rated it it was amazing
Fantastic debut for Felicia Denise. Incredible character study. Olivia is an advocate for children not only in her work but in all of her life. Now face to face with a client who’s story is a mirror of her life, Olivia must revisit her past or never move beyond it. Without meaning to, she allows Bruce into her life and it will never be the same. Two hearts moving past issues of being abandoned to give each other new life.
Marquessa Matthews
Feb 26, 2017 Marquessa Matthews rated it it was amazing
In The Best Interest of You to Read This Book!

Debut novelist Felicia Denise definitely knows how to capture her readers’ attention with the depths of the characters she presents along with the layers of subplots that support the main storyline very well.

Without giving away too many Easter eggs, Olivia Chandler, lawyer and child advocate, is a complicated and tough woman who has no time for games. But the reader soon discovers the "why" behind Olivia's approach to life and those around her. It's
Candy Atkins
Candy Atkins rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Papatia Feauxzar
Apr 30, 2017 Papatia Feauxzar rated it really liked it
Great read with a good pace. Olivia is a fixer while also dealing with her personal issues.
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2017
Debra Presley
Debra Presley marked it as to-read
Ivory
Ivory marked it as to-read
Anna Adler
Anna Adler marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Bree202
Bree202 marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Lovebites Andsilk
Lovebites Andsilk marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
James  Robert
James Robert marked it as to-read
Wildnmild4u
Wildnmild4u marked it as to-read
Patrick Siu
Patrick Siu marked it as to-read
Ellie W
Ellie W marked it as to-read
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Hushfd
Hushfd marked it as to-read
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Richard Brandt
Richard Brandt marked it as to-read
Rita Wray
Rita Wray marked it as to-read
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich marked it as to-read
Mary Cloud
Mary Cloud marked it as to-read
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Emily Endrizzi
Emily Endrizzi marked it as to-read
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
Nikolina
Nikolina marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
*Lily's*
*Lily's* marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Hello! I’m Felicia – wife, mother, daughter, sister, blogger…and newly published author! I love all things book-related, coffee-related, and I’ve been told I’m sarcastic to a fault. (C’mon…to a fault?) I’m a fiftysomething, voracious reader residing in Tucson, Arizona with my mister of thirty-three years. We have two sons, a daughter, a son-in-law, and four grandpups. We’re hoping the grandpups ge ...more
More about Felicia Denise...