Start by marking “One Pulse” as Want to Read:
One Pulse

One Pulse

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Stories drive life. Sometimes life is good; sometimes life is bad. But it’s the nature of our community that in the aftermath of an act of hatred, we respond with love. Because darkness cannot exist in the presence of light. Cruelty cannot stand against compassion. Negativity will never overcome hope.

To show our support for those affected by the Orlando shooting, our autho
Published September 19th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about One Pulse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Pulse

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Group Review

Pride 4 Hearts by Andrea Speed

“Be yourself. We are all beautiful motherfucking unicorns!”

I’ve never read a single thing from the Infected universe and despite the author’s warning I forged ahead and read this sweet little story. Because I’m a rebel like that. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was able to keep up reasonably well. Pride takes place during a Pride parade in Seattle and I believe all the main characters make appearances.

I felt pretty confident that I was going to like Hold
Sara
Nov 28, 2016 added it
Shelves: unicorn-reads

For the First Time 4.5 ♥’s
By Ellis Carrington

This is my most favorite trope in romance ever! The unrequited love of best friends and this one just turned me into a puddle of goo.
If I hadn’t grown up right next door to Wyatt, I’d be invisible. The kids I tutor pretend they don’t know me outside study hours. Everyone but him.

Wyatt and Gary have been next door neighbors and best friends for years. Wyatt is the jock with girls waiting to be on his arm and Gary is the smart boy that goes unnoti
Cathy Brockman
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Every other story
Overall of the 15 stories I read I had 6- 5 meows: 5- 4 meows and 4- 3 meows There is a little of something for everyone no matter what you like to read. It I s also for a very good cause, so go grab your copy now!

A single Night- John Keys 5 Meows.
This story is about Logan and Devon. They experience a tragic loss three years ago when Devon lost a leg and Devon’s sister lost her fiancé. It’s a sweet angsty story of loss and moving on.
This is a sweet story tough it had no
Erica
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this, and any other charity books I could find, last year after the Pulse tragedy. But I didn't read any of them. I figured I'd wait until some time had gone by and it would be easier.

Well, if this was easier, it's a really good thing I didn't try reading this last year.

It's a great collection of stories for a really great cause. I like anthologies, and this is a good one, even if it did still make me cry.
Ann
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Group Review over at BMBR

Everything I Need by Chrissy Munder – 4 Hearts

The strength in this author’s writing is in her consistently well fleshed out characters and Everything I Need is no exception. In all my readings, that seems to be the downfall of many short stories in that the balance between current events and character history isn’t there, so one of the two ends up falling short. But then you find an author who gets the balance right and the story works perfectly.

Everything I Need is the
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Raffled Kiss

Daniel has been at sea for the last eight months. It's his first deployment and the first time he's been away from his husband, Ford. Not everyone on the ship see his marriage as a good thing. The first kiss off the boat is being raffled off and Daniel's friend's and family think it would be an amazing thing if that kiss was between Daniel and Ford.

Raffled Kiss is a fun feel good little read!

Wicked Reads Review Team
Lila Hunter
Sep 19, 2016 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Raffled Kiss is now available as part of the One Pulse Anthology. All proceeds will be donated to LGBT organizations in central Florida.

Blurb

Just like his sister, dad, and granddaddy before him, Daniel Matthews married his high school sweetheart and joined the Navy. That he had the choice to marry a man after the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was a slight difference. Being apart from his husband more often than not might be a given, but winning the First Kiss raffle was a prank gone right.

Si
Grace Duncan
Sep 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
from author Grace R. Duncan:

Hope, a Forbes Mates story, part of the One Pulse anthology.

Blurb:

Miguel Garcia and Luis Rodriguez have been best friends all their lives. For the last year, they’ve been hiding the fact that they’re also destined mates. When Luis’s family finds out, they kick him out. Miguel’s family would keep them…except their alpha has been known to be downright violent against gay wolves.

With the help of Miguel’s mother, they set out to find a pack that will accept them. They run
Zeoanne
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As with any Anthology written by different Authors, I found most stories to be fantastic, some were okay. It is worth reading since there are so many different writing styles and I'm sure most readers will be quite satisfied with most of the stories within. Some stories are very short but you'll come to realize, in the end, that they are well written and don't need to be extended. The few words are enough to tell a well organized story. I really recommend this book and congratulate and thank the ...more
Suze
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
So 30 stories, all relatively short and quick to read so perfect for dipping into when time is short!
Most are contemporary, with historical, shifter and AU and sci fi thrown in too. And lots of gender identies too.
There were weddings, friends reunited, unrequited loves, road trips, finding family, holidays, foursomes, tolerance, bigots, sailors, drag queens, closets, pride parades and many more! Most are standalone shorts with only a few linked to existing series.

I enjoyed most and really enjoye
Elisa Rolle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2017 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: One Pulse Anthology: Read My Lips C.C. Dado
1) I really enjoyed reading this awesome collection of stories by various talented authors.
2) This is a great collection of stories in support of the anthology. They all were fast-paced with great character development. The writing styles differed from each other but the editing was spot on. My version didn't have  table contents so I hope it's in the published version.
Becca Waldrop
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great stories to remind us of love. Gone but not forgotten (Orlando shooting)
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is an anthology full of stories of very different styles. I have read only a few, but was impressed by the diversity and uniqueness of each tale. My star rating is for the story which we are reviewing at WRRT, although it would be valid for other stories that I read as well.

Raffled Kiss
In this short well crafted tale we get a really good sense of these two men and what a prolonged period apart means to them. I lov
Karen
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words

Since the shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando on June 12, 2016, people worldwide have donated a total of more than 23 million dollars to the OneOrlando Fund set up to benefit the victims and their families. It seems like a lot of money, but between the number of people affected, and the severity of their injuries – mental and physical – that money will be exhausted fairly soon. Also, after the initial outcry and horror that such a thi
Angela Goodrich
Oct 23, 2017
namericanwordcat
Dec 29, 2017
J.C. Long
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cyprea
Karedwen
Feb 09, 2017
Elaine White
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Please see Divine Magazine for my full review of each individual story - https://www.divinemagazine.biz/book-r...

~

Cover – Very nice!
Would I read it again – Some stories, yes.
Genre – LGBT, Contemporary, New Adult, Shapeshifters, Pulse

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

When I first agreed to read this, I was unable to start right away. The Pulse shooting was still a very emotional thing for me and I was unprepared for how that would effect me when I bega
Penny the Demon Slayer
Nov 28, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Rainbow award winner, 'One Pulse' 2 13 Dec 21, 2017 09:49AM
Connie Bailey is a Luddite who can’t live without her computer. She’s an acrophobic who loves to fly, a fault-finding pessimist who, nonetheless, is always surprised when something bad happens, and an antisocialite who loves her friends like family. She’s held a number of jobs in many disparate arenas to put food on the table, but writing is the occupation that feeds her soul.

Connie lives with her