Start by marking “Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)” as Want to Read:
Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)

Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  710 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
‘Tis the season for chaos.

Wedding bells will soon be ringing in the Lowcountry. All Sam Sweeney wants is to marry her man on Christmas Eve surrounded by family and friends. But emerging complications, some humorous and some not so humorous, threaten to converge and derail the best-laid plans during the busy stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Amidst the chaos—deali
Published October 18th 2016 by Leisure Time Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Boots and Bedlam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boots and Bedlam

☕ Kimberly
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Boots and Bedlam by Ashley Farley the third novel in her Sweeney Sister's series set in Lowcountry will get you in the holiday mood. Wedding bells, real estate, busy season and teen drama quickly pulled us back into the lives of the Sweeney sisters and the small town community we have come to love.

Boots and Bedlam delivered a realistic tale, with everyday chaos and excitement of a holiday wedding. It's the perfect read to get you in the mood for the holidays as you catch up with the girls.

Farley
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I was really hoping for a book to get me both out of reading funk and into the holiday spirit, but sadly this was not the book for the job. Maybe I’m just not the demographic for it (I requested a review copy thinking it was about a woman in her 20s, and while Sam’s age is never given exactly I’m guessing she’s mid-40s), age-wise or lifestyle wise. I’m only rating it this high because, despite my multiple eye-roll moments, the writing style was actually decen
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: October 18, 2016
Series: Sweeny Sister #3 (novella)

:: 4 Pretty Little Stars ::

This is a cute and fun holiday novella. I found the story to be well rounded and very likeable. Having not read the previous books in the series I still really enjoyed it but now I want to go back and see where this series all started. Looking for a fun, fast paced, and quick Christmas novella with some weddings? This is your book!
Kathleen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fiction
Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3) by Ashley Farley was a fun quick read. I enjoyed reading about Samantha, Faith and Jackie Sweeney and their extended families as they celebrated Thanksgiving and made plans for Christmas and Samantha and Eli's Christmas Eve wedding ceremony, as well as running a successful and popular fish market during the busiest time of year, and dealing with the bedlam of house parties, selling and buying houses, and having an unexpected rude and troublesome houseguest. ...more
Angi DeMonti
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Samantha and Eli have planned a Christmas Eve wedding, only four weeks away. With this being the busy time of year at her store, her son bringing his girlfriend home from college, and a snowstorm can they pull it off? Ashley Farley did a wonderful job of creating a storyline that drew me in and had me holding my breath at times. Although I have not read the first two books in this series, I was able to follow along with no proble
Susan Peterson
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boots and Bedlam continues the story of the Sweeney sisters, Sam, Jackie, and Faith. This novella focuses mainly on Sam, who finally says yes to Eli's marriage proposal. When she decides she wants to get married on Christmas Eve, just a month later, she can't foresee all the chaos that will ensue! Told with so much warmth and charm, Boots and Bedlam is a wonderful Christmastime love story. This is book 3 in the series of books about the Sweeney Sisters, following Her Sister's Shoes and Lowcountr ...more
Ann
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a relatively short novel but it packs a lot of story into its 130+ pages. We finally have Eli and Samantha's trip to the alter. They decide on a Christmas Eve wedding and it's touch and go with the store experiencing it's most busy time of the year. Throw in buying a new house, Jamie bringing home a girlfriend from college and a new caterer in town that seems too good to be true and a Christmas snow storm, you have a whirlwind month in the life of the Sweeney Sisters. The anticipation fo ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
When I first started reading this I didn't realize it was a novella...and in a way was very sad that the story ended so soon! But it just left me wanting more and the final installment which will be coming up soon.

Sam has finally gotten over her fear of commitment and is ready to spend her life with Eli. I like how they are both recovering alcoholics and can help each other when temptation is too much. And there are times that it is very tempting.

Jamie brings home a friend for the holidays - a s
Sue
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: southern-fiction
This is book 3 of the Sweeney sisters series but can be read as a stand alone without confusion. If you haven't read the first two books, you will want yo read them soon to learn more about this delightful family.

Samantha (Sam) and Eli want a Christmas Eve wedding but can they arrange it in only 4 weeks? To say that they have obstacles to their wedding, is putting it mildly. Finding a church, a pastor and a place for the reception are difficult enough but they are also buying a new house and nee
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Wow Farley and the Sweeney sisters did it again. Didnt get up off the couch until I finished this book. Loved the way Farley brings you into the lives of the Sweeney clan. You feel like you are part of the family. You share the good times and the bad.

Sam Sweeney is finally marrying her man but things start to get hectic when they plan the wedding for Christmas eve - between the planning, moving to a new home, and running the market, atop of her son bringing home a diva for her to contend with.
Katie W
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, novella
What's more romantic than a Christmas Eve wedding? Not much, I tell you. Sam's dreams are finally coming true with a proposal from her love, Eli, but a lot of crazy chaos threatens their small, dream wedding. I haven't read any other books in this series and this story can stand alone, but be warned--there are a lot of characters and it took me awhile to sort out who is who.

Sam has an underage son, Jamie, who is in college and he seems to be such a great friend and support to his mother. I love
Steffi
First of all I wasn't aware this book was part of a series when I requested it from Netgalley. I believed that it could be read as a standalone. I would say it's not completely possible.

There were two main things which bothered me in this book:

I guess I can now say that I am not a fan about reading the college boys mums. I felt way too young here even though I am in the age where I could have a teenager already. I just coudln't connect with the characters and neither their story.

The second thing
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This was a sweet novella set towards my favorite time of year, Christmas! I am a sucker for Christmas love stories, and I felt this story came right from the hallmark channel! It may have had parts that I felt were a little too predictable, but overall I enjoyed the flow of the stories and the character interactions.

I think the part I enjoyed the most was that it wasn't all roses in planning this Christmas Eve wedding. There were several bumps along the way, both wedding and non-wedding related
andi cannon
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Continuing family love and drama with the Sweeney sisters.

Really enjoying the continued stories of these busy, family oriented and living ladies. Each with different personalities, but such deep love and respect for each other and family. Looking forward to the last book in the series.
Jeanne Maliner
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although I really liked this novel, it was entirely too short; hence the reason for four stars instead of five. It is mostly about Sam and her son, Jamie, and Eli. There is someone who puts a wrench into Christmas, but it shall be handled by the end of the book, where another mystery develops. Don't miss it.
wanda webb
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter wonder land for a Faerie tale wedding.

A must read. Heart warming family interaction, and sharing of Love. I always love a happy ending. Needless to say with the ending there must be more books in this series.

Katrena
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't stop myself

I became hooked on the Sweeney Sisters from the beginning and book number three has lived up to my expectations. I love how engaging the characters are; I feel like they are family. Ashely Farley has a super fan in me.
jeane sinnenberg
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 3)By Ashley Farley

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Book 3 as well! It's an amazing story about family supporting each other. Sam, Eli, and Jamie make it a great read.
Angeline

tbears
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Had to take away a star for being so short and ending so abruptly. I felt shortchanged. Aside from that, it was a good enough story but needed more depth. Maybe it needed to include more of the other characters instead of so focused on Sam, Eli and Jamie. Looking forward to #4 of the series.
Kim
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started on book 1 and have kept on reading this series

This book swept me away and kept me hooked from beginning to end. I feel like I know the characters and they are everyday people with a wonderful love of family
Marlene Waldner
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pulls you into the story from the first page

The Sweeney sisters series encapsulates you with raw emotions, intrigue, and human highs and lows so many of us either experience first hand or hear about. The authenticity of their courage to face adversity is awesome.
Ppianogirl1963gmail.Com
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winnee

I love the Sweeney Sisters series. And this one didn't disappoint. They always have a good mix of family, romance and mystery. This one didn't disappoint by ending with a cliffhanger. I'm ready for the next one.
Charles F. Bullington
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pleasant start to my day.

I am a very early riser so I enjoy reading with my morning coffee in bed with Miss Ashley and the Sweeney Sisters, I have always enjoyed the low country and her description is spot on and the cast of characters is fun and quirky.
Collette
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read

A good conclusion to the trilogy, if this is the end. I suppose three could be another book carrying on with the Annie and Heidi.
Margaret M. Balestri
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the Sweeney’s

I started with the first book in this series and heading for the 4th!! They are like the sisters I wish I had. Just can’t get enough of them!! Thank you!!
Dawn Trlak-Donahue
Chick lit
Kathleen
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Short story but good, a bit predictable but I wouldn't say it took anything away from the story..easy relaxing read
SUSAN CREWS
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg!

You can't imagine how this story ends! After many Cruses, Sam and Eli finally get married, but what happens next will really surprise you.
Patricia
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These Boots....

Another good read from MS Farley..Sam and Eli...Jamie Annie Movie Bitsy...and more of the old crowd...can't wait for the next Book
Janet Friesner
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Third book of series. Still good. One more to go. Truly enjoying this series. Easy reding but enjoyable.

Ashley Farley writes books about women for women. Her characters are mothers, daughters, sisters, and wives facing real-life issues. Her goal is to keep you turning the pages until the wee hours of the morning. If her story stays with you long after you've read the last word, then she's done her job.

After her brother died in 1999 of an accidental overdose, she turned to writing as a way of re
More about Ashley Farley...

Sweeney Sisters (5 books)
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters #2)
  • Tangle of Strings (Sweeney Sisters #4)
  • Saturdays at Sweeney's (Sweeney Sisters #5)