Jump to ratings and reviews

You're the Only One

Sky and Dillon became best friends bonded through struggle, heartbreak, and a promise to get away from it all.

Together they move to New York to pursue their passions. Dillon is a singer/songwriter looking for his big break while Sky wants nothing more than to become a top fashion designer.

Years later, they're still chasing their dreams. Their friendship has endured jealousy, insecurity, disappointments, and even open relationships.

But can they survive falling in love?

Published April 11, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

8 books582 followers
E.M. Abel was born and raised a Marine Corps brat. She spent a large portion of her life moving and living in her mother’s home country, Japan. As a result, she gained independence and a unique perspective on the world. The youngest of three girls, E.M. Abel spent a lot of time alone in her room writing or sketching in her journals and dreaming up stories. Growing up, she wrote poems, short stories and articles for her high school newspaper. She also fell in love with art and discovered her deep need for self-expression.

Now, a Navy wife with two small children of her own, she still loves being creative and most of all translating her stories into novels. E.M. Abel, now referred to as E or Em by her friends and readers, can often be found with her headphones on jamming out to punk rock, in a chair getting tattooed or cooking dinner for her kids and attending gymnastics practice. No matter what she's doing in life, she's always sure to do it her way.

Please feel free to write or send a friend request!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
8 (5%)
1 star
2 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,915 reviews33k followers
4 stars!

photo 08948518-53A3-4593-AC04-ACBC0DD4BC00_zps5nsxn88a.jpg

You’re the Only One is first and foremost a story of friendship. Dillon and Sky are the type of friends that are more like family. They love each other, but that love changes and grows as the story goes on. If you enjoy a good friends to lovers story, this is one you need to grab asap!

Dillon and Sky become neighbors when they’re kids. Their moms become best friends, and it works out to where they become best friends as well. They have each others backs through it all. No one is more important to Sky than Dillon and vice-versa. After high school, they both decide to move to NYC. Dillon is a musician and Sky is into fashion. They’re chasing their dreams sand navigating life together.

I loved the friendship between Dillon and Sky. I even loved the romance. The feelings they had were real and genuine. Both characters were lovable and I thought the writing was fantastic. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about was

One thing I really loved about this book was the familial story line. I loved both of the moms and the relationships they had with them. I also really loved Sky and Dillon’s other BFF’s. There was a lot to love about this story and overall, it was a great read for me.
“All of this feels like a dream sometimes, doesn’t it?” “Isn’t that why we moved to New York? To chase our dreams?” Sky smiled. “Yeah, I guess we’re finally starting to catch them.”
You’re the Only One is a beautifully written friends to lovers romance that is sweet, sexy, and has a good bit of angst. As I said earlier, it’s more than just a romance. It’s a story of friendship, of family, of sacrifice and unconditional love. I smiled, I cried, at times I laughed out loud. I enjoyed this book a lot and would definitely recommend.

photo 414AD10D-F2F2-4078-AE16-227789891A12_zpsk6ssu0nk.jpg
Profile Image for Pam.
1,093 reviews1,027 followers
April 18, 2017
4.5 Love could be the end of us or the beginning of forever. stars

Ride or Die Best Friends, Dillon and Sky have been with each other since the beginning. Sky has been his biggest fan and supporter and nothing will stop her from seeing his name up in lights for all the world to see. Friend-zoned from the very beginning, they never let themselves see each other in any way. But damn anybody who would ever try and tear what they have apart. Isn't it funny how life works, some times you have to find your way down all the wrong paths to finally find your way down the right road... and once you see the way, there is no turning back.

Our love transcended space and time

When you share the same dreams, fears and love, anything is possible. You can hide from yourself but not the one who holds your heart.

You're the Only One is a sweet burn, a best friends to lovers tale, that was told in a way where you can't help but fall in love with them as a person and as a couple. It is almost pure in their emotions, insecurities and vulnerabilities. The bond they share is the one thing that remains constant. That no matter the time or distance, they always have each other to count on. It was all just a matter of time, the only two people blinded was them, so when the time came it was a sweet, sweet reward. Sometimes you just have to kiss a whole bunch of frogs before you find that your Prince has been right in front of you all along. A recommended read for sure!

Copy kindly provided by the author, via *Sixty First Reads*, for an honest review.

***Quotes above are taken from the version of the book I received and may differ from published edition.
Profile Image for Beverly.
1,005 reviews796 followers
April 12, 2017

I love E.M. Abel’s writing, it’s raw, addictive, and you can feel every emotion while reading. So I knew this friends-to-lovers story might be tough for me to read, because Em doesn’t play it safe. I knew the story would be realistic and at times hard to read.

Dillon and Sky have been best friends their entire lives, they have a bond and connection that most don’t understand. This hasn’t been a problem in the past because Sky isn’t looking for forever and Dillon is content focusing on his music. However, when the story begins both Dillon and Sky start dating other people.

This is where things got tough for me. I love when there is this undeniable connection between two people they can’t even imagine a forever or love with someone else. I am very aware this isn’t realistic, at all, but that’s just me. Once I realize two characters are perfect for each other, I am ready for them to work it out and realize it. That’s just it Sky and Dillon are perfect for each other. I loved them together because they did have this real, deep, genuine love for each other.

I can guarantee his story will make you feel and have you falling in love. The only reason this isn’t a full five star for me is I wanted more time with Sky and Dillon together. I wanted them to realize their feelings and move toward a forever together. Regardless this story will make you feel and again Em delivered a beautifully written, heartfelt story.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Kelli C .
1,044 reviews352 followers
April 7, 2017
4 Stars for the Best Friends!

You’re The Only One is EM Abel’s new standalone romance that brings about a sweet and sexy true friends to lover’s tale. Dillon and Sky’s journey into one another’s arms is the perfect read for those lovers of low angst, and feel good emotions of finding love just a heartbeat away.

Abel introduces two down to earth characters who both have has loss and found comfort and total support from one another from just an early age. Dillon and Sky are the epitome of best friends as they are trying to find their dreams in the big apple. NYC is where Dillon is trying to find success behind his amazing vocal talent and where Sky is finding her footing in the world of fashion design. Both are extremely talented and if nothing else, they believe in each other with everything they have. The only thing they don't believe in is the concept of them…as a couple!

Sometimes it takes new romances and old flames to show up and stir emotions more than “sibling” type feels. Sometimes everything you really need and truly want has always been there…listening, hoping, trusting, waiting. Sometimes taking the leap from friends to lovers is not so easy. Sometimes realizing dreams for more may come at the cost of losing new found forever love.

I have always enjoyed EM Abel’s writing mainly because of her characters. This story had characters that most everyone can relate to. I loved the “familial” connections and the easy banter. I especially loved the low drama expectations and the BOOM moment of “this is happening” between two forever friends. The intimacy was sweet and emotional with a bit of heat, but nothing too over the top. Dillon and Skye will definitely give a heartwarming smile to many and prove that true love is often just next door.

**ARC generously provided in exchange for honest review**
Profile Image for London.
725 reviews
Shelved as 'hell-fucking-no'
April 11, 2017
Hold up hold up hold up... open relationship? I could vomit.
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,101 reviews1,263 followers
April 14, 2017
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo e20a99d00b7381e2af2b9382f2b97c_zpsbahvc8by.gif

A friends to lovers romance that brings out all the feels!!! If there is a romance trope that I can never get tired of reading, it is most definitely the best friends to lovers. There is just something about knowing that two friends are united with a connection that ties them beyond friendship. A love so deep. A truth so real. And so, E.m. Abel brings forth a love story that showcases the ups, down, and vulnerable aspects of Sky and Dillon. Their connection, friendship, and love for each other was felt through the pages. Readers will see and feel it. With the themes of love and a little bit of angst thrown into the mix, Abel has written a story that will resonate with the readers that sometimes we don’t see what is in front of us. And for Sky and Dillon, their journey of finally see what is standing and have always been there was worth the wait.

Abel did a fantastic job writing this book as she beautifully weaved themes of family, friendship, love and raw emotions in such a palpable manner.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zpsu8g2x8fs.png  photo facebook_zpsv8cvg80q.png  photo twitter_zpsni5xgrny.png  photo instagram_zpswxkdrpqv.png  photo networked-blogs_zpszjk0ghy4.png
Profile Image for Laura Lee.
948 reviews154 followers
You’re the Only One

4 Solid Stars

Lifelong friends Sky and Dillon now live in NYC chasing their dreams. Sky would love to be a top fashion designer and Dillon, the musician. This friends to lover’s story is one that takes us down many paths. How you can have many partners but until you realize what true love really feels like, you are just going through the motions of life.

Overcoming all the hurdles of growing up and trying to become what you have dreamed of, is the road we all take. But when you have a best friend who is there with you every step of the way, that you can share your upsets, celebrations and obtain that little extra push you need… it makes growing up that much easier.

Sky and Dillon never imagined they would be a couple. They are best friends, period. The journey these two take to realize that maybe they are meant for each other in more ways than just friendship is a story that is well written. This story makes you feel like you are on the road right next to Sky and Dillon.

Once they open their eyes and see that fate brought them together at a very young age for a reason, the story soars!

#BookBistroBlogApproved
FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BookB...
Blog -https://bookbistroblogcom.wordpress.com
Blog -https://bookbistroblogger.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/BookBistro
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog
Profile Image for Mistress.
399 reviews91 followers
April 11, 2017
You’re the Only One was exceptional! This is E.M. Abel’s best work yet. I was pulled into this story from the beginning and devoured every word. I loved everything about this book. It had the perfect amount of angst, steam, swoon, and heart piercing emotions. The concept of friends to lovers is a common one, but this author did it right. This has to be one of the best books in this genre I’ve ever read. Dillon and Sky’s journey was a true pleasure to experience. I would highly recommend this book and this author! I cannot wait to get more from E.M. Abel. I’m always excited to see what she comes up with next!

"I sucked in a breath and opened my eyes, seeing nothing but stars and moonlight and Sky. There was nothing but Sky."
Profile Image for Vanessa.
Author 6 books106 followers
April 1, 2017
**FULL REVIEW**

I should've written this a while ago since I had the honor of beta reading this amazing story. A story that resonated with me on a level I'm not sure the author intended but no matter, we don't all read the same story within the pages of the same book.

"Find a woman that's too good for you, then become a better man for her." I stood there for a second taking in his words. I was a little shocked by their wisdom. "Damn, man. That's deep." He shrugged. "Yeah, someone posted it on Facebook the other day." Chuckling, I shook my head. Figures."

Dillon and Sky's story is a classic friends-to-lovers. But the depth of their individual characters is so much more. The obstacles they overcome, the setbacks and losses...there are so many layers to this story--their story--than I could even explain (without giving everything away). But what hit me the hardest, was Sky's relationship with her mother.

That is what I took away from this book.

I loved how family was so well integrated, how Abel showed the struggles of not just trying to make it on their own, chasing seemingly impossible dreams, but how at the root of their very existence, who they are, were their mothers.

It hit me. Hard.

No one will ever love you like your mother. No matter the mistakes she's made or the judgement you pass on her, she will always be the person who loves you more than anyone else. And as Sky grows into her own, matures and see's her mom for who she truly is...well, lets just say I cried like a baby.

So, yes. This book carries a romantic storyline...but it's deeper. At the root of friendship, there's two mommas who watch, wait, and protect what's theirs. All while loving each other's kid as their own...and finding peace with the choices they make.

But at the same time, the growth of their children proves that they've done their jobs...and even if they don't feel it, they are always needed.

"My mom shook her head and closed her eyes as more tears fell. Standing up, I went over and wrapped my arms around her resting my cheek on the top of her head as we cried together. My mother had been through so much. Her parents had never supported her, she'd gone from one abusive relationship to the next, but somehow she'd found the strength to keep going. She's done everything she could to protect me and make sure I knew I was loved. I owed her so much. I owed her everything."

**5 For Love and Dreams, Stars**
Profile Image for Shabby  -BookBistroBlog.
1,515 reviews817 followers
April 13, 2017
“Find a woman who’s too good for you and then become a better man for her.”
Musical notes floating throughout the story, and a ballad of love. That's what sky and Dillon have between them, since childhood. She believes in him, encourages him and is his biggest cheerleader. He's her "sound advice" , his quiet demeanor complimenting her effervescence.
They both go through a lot of struggles, troubles, choosing wrong people to love, get their hearts broken and share a drive to capture their dream in the concrete jungle of New York. Their eyes filled with stars and hopes in their hearts.
They're so comfortable with each other, finishing each others sentences, gauging each others thoughts and joking about it
“Dude. Your dick is way bigger than I expected.”
And as long as they are together, helping and supporting , nothing can stop them , or come between them. But what happens when their own feelings pry apart their relationship and drive a wedge of awkwardness?
some very laugh out loud moments, some squeeze your eyes and tears rolling down moments, some emotions choking your throat moments.
It's such an absorbing read !
I am not a fan of contemporary romance or NA, yet I couldn't let go of the book. It's so engrossing, I wanted to stay with Dillon and his mi cielo
Simple sentiments , simple love, written so beautifully. It was as a pleasure reading it.
I give 4.5 stars . Cheers EM !
“Here’s to dreams and the motherfuckers who make ’em happen.”
#BookBistroBlogApproved
FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BookB...
Blog -https://bookbistroblogcom.wordpress.com
Blog -https://bookbistroblogger.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/BookBistro
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog
Profile Image for Tracy Reads.
713 reviews41 followers
April 27, 2017
LOVE THE COVER!

if you don't like polyamory ( relationships with more than 1 person at the same time ) this book is not for you move on

what happens when you need someone only to realise they were always there... but then what if you chose someone else?

this story is fantastic I loved every minute of it Sky is a real easy going chick and I really loved her but if Natasha had of asked me to do what she asked sky I would have told her to take a hike Sky was wayyy too nice just putting that out there!

Dillion I mean he's like most guys a little bit blind to things in front of his face but let's face it he's a dude it's in their nature right?
loved the story very hopeless romantic pulls on the heart strings that kinda thing.

Logan is an absolute idiot!

Would Dillion be my book boyfriend? he'll yes he is my book husband mine #CLAIMED
Profile Image for Pam.
356 reviews29 followers
April 11, 2017
This was an absolutely amazing stellar life long love story between Sky and her best friend Dillon. These two people have been best friends since before puberty. Their Mothers are best friends and have always been close.

But friends are all they are to each other. But all of the people around them see the real story. However it takes a few failed relationships before they see what has been right in front of them.

Dillon is an aspiring singer/songwriter while Sky is working to become a fashion designer. But will their careers get in the way of true love? I loved this story so much. The secondary characters were such a plus and I loved every word. Cannot wait for more from E. M. Abel!
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,666 reviews1,273 followers
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Perfect CROWNS

You know when a book is so good you find yourself picking it up to read it, even if it is only for a minute? You hope there is a line a the stop sign, so you can squeeze in one more page. You ignore any type of responsibilities because you need more. You're the Only One immersed me in the world and romance of Sky and Dillon, and it was perfection.

I absolutely adore Sky and Dillon and their story. Sky is such a fantastic heroine. Confident and independent, talented, stylish, and supportive, Sky is everything I respect in a heroine. She is more than this surface level appearance, though. She is complex, and has been shaped and molded by her past. She struggles with trust and love, and she often protects herself by keeping others out. She does, however, have the fortitude to push past her fear and attempt to find love and happiness. What readers will ultimately respect about this heroine is how she takes her future into her hands professionally and personally, and I enjoyed seeing her grow an develop throughout the novel. Just as Sky has growing up to do, Dillon does as well. Dillon, throughout the novel, struggles with the pursuit of his dreams and being a stable and dependable man. Readers see him go back and forth between chasing his dreams and settling. Even with his struggle, the kindness and loyalty he possesses shines through, making readers fall in love with him. His vulnerability and willingness to take a leap of faith, his strength in the face of difficulties, and his ability to put what matters first will have readers swooning over this hero. These two are three dimensional, complex characters that will enthrall readers from their first moments together.

This friends to lovers romance is going to go down as one of my favorites. E.M. Abel writes their story in such a way that readers will love them from the very beginning. The friendship, the camaraderie, and loyalty between the two lays the foundation for what will become an epic romance. A risk is taken by the author by having them date other people, but it only creates a larger desire in the reader for these two to finally realize how great they could be together. Additionally, her skill as a writer shines through as readers witness them date others without tarnishing or maligning the main characters, keeping reader devotion where it should be, solely on Sky and Dillon. When they do take the leap, when they walls come down, it is fantastic, and the pay off is worth every single time readers had to watch them with someone else. Her selection of plot details, conflict, character development will engross readers from the very first page, and they won't be able to walk away.

Another E.M. Abel book is going down as another favorite book, because it is more than just a love story. It is a story about growth and change. It is a story about the importance of family and savoring the time we have. It is story that exhibits real love, love that doesn't waver and one that stays firm in the face of trials and tribulations. With each of her books, readers can be guaranteed they will receive a sensational romance, but they should also know that they are getting so much more.
------------------
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews and other book news, check out Musings of the Modern Belle at www.modernbellebooks.com.
Profile Image for We like it big book blog.
969 reviews43 followers
Melanie's Review

A friends to lovers’ story that in my opinion also happens to just be E.M. Abel’s best work yet. Though from the very beginning I could already see how this story would unfold, I was still anxious about how the author would deliver the story line. Let me tell you, E.M. Abel did not disappoint. The characters were strong, the plot line remained constant, and the writing so completely inviting.

What I’ve always admired about this author’s work is her ability to create such strong, independent, and down to earth heroines. Leading ladies that could be one of us and for me, that is a total draw. Sky is another to add to that list. So of course it would only make sense to have an equally strong lead male to go alongside a power house heroine like Sky. That’s where Dillon comes in and ladies… Dillon is one HAWT fictional male specimen. Ugh. I totally lost it a couple of times—he’s the entire package.

Sky and Dillon are childhood best friends who genuinely believe that their relationship is completely platonic. Even through eye rolls from friends or disbelief alongside jealous tantrums from romantic interests, Sky and Dillon stand firm on the whole “he/she is just my best friend and there’s nothing more there.” For a while this remains true and I loved that. I loved that there was no hidden expectation between them that one day something more could develop. They truly loved one another, cared for one another, and wanted to see each other happy because they simply couldn’t imagine anything other than that. But life often takes us for a spin and You’re The Only One, makes you wonder just how true the whole “timing is everything” saying is. For Sky and Dillon, it truly is… EVERYTHING. When realization slowly takes root that “OMG there could be something more… “Well, that’s when the fun really begins.

With so many friends to lovers’ books out there, I thought that E.M. Abel added a refreshing take to it with You’re The Only One. Known to take her topics just outside the lines, I was delighted to find that she stayed true to her signature style. Though I will say that this book is her friendliest yet. This has everything that readers would like and a lot less of what usual readers may shy away from. I honestly think that this could be the book to get many more readers acquainted with this author. A slow burning romance with a hint of humor and whole lot of heart, I highly recommend You’re The Only One by E.M. Abel.

You're the Only One
E.M. Abel
Profile Image for Kathleen R..
1,405 reviews43 followers
Title: You're The Only One
Author: E.M. Abel

4 unexpected stars

I can't believe i almost missed this book. E.M. Abel is a first time author for me and i don't think i could have been any more impressed than if someone had told me that i was a fool for overlooking this novel. The tale of friends to lovers isn't one that i'm a stranger to - in fact i've read many books with the same underlining theme, but what makes them special is how the author makes her characters come to life and the story that follows them through their journey. So when lifelong friends Dillon and Sky pack up their bags and go to New York City to make their dreams come true, i was all in with them. Wanting to see just where they'd go and how they'd make it - their dreams are so different from one another that i can't help but wonder just how they plan to make it. It wasn't easy, that much i can tell you, but if there's one thing that was a constant during their journey, it's that the relationship that exists between these two was always present, growing stronger, but not without their ups and downs.

4breath taking dreams

It's a gripping tale that will make you think twice about ever saying that the opposite sex can't be friends (yes, i know that more often than not that's not the case, but still). It's a story that will make you think twice about taking things for granted, but most of all, it will simply steal your heart. The characters were simply them - no fakeness, no exaggerating and no over pompous attitudes to make them feel bigger than they actually are. E.M. Abel created a story that i could relate to on many levels and for that i'll be looking forward to reading more from her in the future, to see just how her next stories will impact me and how she'll make them shine.

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Kathleen, The Small Girl from A small girl, her man and her books

50 Book Reviews
 Professional Reader

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8063169-kathleen-r    [image error]     http://www.facebook.com/smallgirlandherbooks1     http://smallgirlandherbooks.blogspot.com

Profile Image for Jennie Wurtz.
312 reviews18 followers
March 30, 2017
*ARC Provided By Author In Exchange For Honest Review*

While this was not the first E.M. Abel book I've read, it definitely is my favorite. I absolutely ADORED this love story! I fell in love with Dillon and Sky from the moment I met them and could not wait to see how their love story developed over time. I could not put this book down and wanted nothing more to sit and read it in one sitting. In fact, when I did stop I found myself thinking about the characters, which for me is a true sign of a wonderful reading experience. I am also a huge music fan and I just loved how Dillon's guitar and songs played such a vital role in their romantic journey.

Dillon and Sky are pretty much lifelong friends who find themselves with growing feelings and having to make the decision as to whether they should act upon them. I loved how real these characters felt to me. They were so believable and I just wanted to follow them to their HEA, rooting for their romance all the way. I loved how honest they were with each other and how that honesty allowed them to take a chance at something risky, yet something that would be so rewarding. Sky's quirky personality made me laugh at times, particularly her inner monologue, and Dillon's ability to read Sky's thoughts and feelings and know pretty much everything about her was so wonderful. It made me love him even more. While there is not a great deal of angst in this book (thank goodness!), there is enough emotional turmoil to make up for it. Through laughter and tears I found myself smiling as these two beautiful characters worked hard to find their everlasting romance.

I don't often give out 5 star ratings, and tend to reserve them for books that absolutely blow me away. In this case, I think the fact that, even after their story ended, I find myself still thinking about Dillon and Sky, and missing them greatly, is evidence of how wonderful this story is and how much I loved it.

Thank you E.M. Abel for creating these characters and for telling their story so beautifully.
Profile Image for Jen.
528 reviews16 followers
July 25, 2017
Once again, E.M. Abel shows us that love isn’t picture perfect, pretty, and all tied up in a bow. It’s messy, complicated and raw. I absolutely fell in love with You’re The Only One. This is one of those books that just left a permanent smile on my lips hours after I read it. I’m a sucker for a good friends to lovers story and this is definitely a great one. Sky and Dillon have been friends for years having grown up next door to each other. They are closer to family than friends at this point. Their moms are friends. They spend holidays together. They always have each other’s back. This is a more than a romance. This is a story of friendship, family and never giving up on your dreams.

Sky is quirky, bold and unique. She doesn’t believe in marriage or happily ever after. Dillon is easy going and laid back. He can read Sky easily and Sky’s always been his cheerleader. These characters were so real and genuine. I loved their friendship and how honest they were together. And I could feel their chemistry before they became aware of it. The character development here was brilliant. They each had beautifully written backstories and personalities with strengths, weaknesses, and insecurities. There was amazing growth to be had as well. Both characters grew as individuals and they grew as a couple. I love when this happens in a book. The secondary characters added an additional depth to the story.

While this isn’t an angst filled book, it isn’t short on the feels. There is plenty of emotional fodder inside—I laughed, I cried, I smiled. And I found myself thinking about Dillion and Sky long after I put the book down. This is a heartwarming story with the perfect amount of heat. I can’t wait to see what else E.M. Abel has to show us.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
For more reviews, visit

plbb
Profile Image for Amy.
693 reviews
April 3, 2017
You're The Only One
EM Abel
4 stars

This was nothing like I usually read and you know what it was refreshing and a pleasure to turn the pages. Dillion and Sky have been lifelong friends. Leaving together and pursuing their dreams they beat the usual heartache that comes with being friends and fighting falling in love.

I don't want to dibble too much into the story but I can tell you these two characters are beautifully written. There isn't drama or anything to make you say not this again. You know those angry moments that you think how many times are we doing this ... NOPE. There are mountains and things to surpass but it almost seemed real. I loved that.

Both characters were strong but hanging on to their own self. Dillion's music plays a huge part in this story as it also tells a story of he and Sky. Trying to pursue a singer/songwriter career isn't easy. Sky is working to be a known fashion designer and both are struggling.

I cant say enough how much I loved these two. Again the story seemed real and I loved it. I loved what they went through .. what heartbreak was present .. what each had to learn and grow and decide on their own and together . .. just a really great read. Beautiful cover as well. Again sorry for the vague review of the events but because there wasn't ridiculous amounts of drama and moments of banging your head against the wall I want you to experience this for yourself. Its wonderfully written.

Click this one up -- I enjoyed every minute. Thank you so much for the ARC. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.
Profile Image for Shanda.
966 reviews39 followers
April 10, 2017

You’re the Only One is a sweet friend’s to lover’s romance. Skye and Dillon have been best friends since childhood. They support each other in all things. They moved to New York city together so that Dillon could pursue his music and Skye could pursue fashion. They have never even considered being anymore to each other than best friends. It’s not until Skye hooks up with an old flame and Dillon starts a relationship with someone they start to see each other differently. As their careers start to take off they also start to see that the highs of fame won’t mean much unless they can share it together. The people they are currently with don’t really complete them the way they need. There is a bit of angst in this story as Dillon and Skye both navigate through other relationships while trying to deny their growing feelings. I did feel that once they decided to take things to another level it became too sweet and perfect.

All in all I enjoyed this story and if you love friends to lovers you will probably love this.

* advance copy provided for a voluntary review*
Profile Image for Natasha.
648 reviews4 followers
April 3, 2017
I am a music lover and when I read books that uses music in it I am beyond excited. Music is therapy, it is sensual, and it brings love to others. This book has it all. Dillon Frazier is a musician with a dream to go big one day, his biggest cheerleader has always been in his corner since he started. Sky has always known that her best friend had it to be big, he just needed support. These two always knew what the other was thinking before they even said or acted on things. They were an old couple, but not a couple. Everyone around them knew they had this chemistry, they just didn’t know. Both had their own love interests but something changed for them and music is what captured it. Dillon and Sky have this love that most of us envy and I think that is why I loved this book so hard, this couple felt real.
Now just give me some more of TJ and Matteo 
Go see my VLOG of You’re the Only One on www.etheljo.com
Profile Image for Kelli Jean.
Author 13 books316 followers
April 13, 2017
I love a story that's original, that makes me stop and think. This book gives me just that. I want to be able to see from another's POV and place myself in their situation, to wonder about how I would feel, react, and decide.

Sky and Dillon have a friendship that stands the test of time. As they grow older and mature, their feelings for each other do so as well, and I loved seeing how their relationship developed throughout some wild times and lackluster loves.

This story pushes the envelope in some areas that many people would never think to experience. What's more important is that it feels REAL. It is, in a word, FANTASTIC.
Profile Image for Amazeballs Book Addicts.
2,807 reviews241 followers
4 1/2 Stars!

You're the Only One is a good read. Sky and Dillon are life long friends. They grew up together and moved to New York together to pursue their dreams. They have been through a lot together. They are both down to earth and would definitely be character that I would like to be friends with. So, I thought they would be more than friends right of the bat but that's not the case. When we meet them they are both starting new relationships. I instantly didn't like Natasha. She's a model and the bits we got of her I found her uptight and insecure. If she could she would have come between Sky and Dillon's friendship. I figured that she would be easy to get rid of because wasn't good enough for Dillon. Now Logan I was worried about. Logan is a guy from Sky's past. They have an open realtionship and to a point her was very open and honest. Sky and Dillon's friends and family see that they should be more than friends but I kept wondering when they would realize it. I was so rooting for them to get together. The story is well written and had me hooked. I was only going to read for a half hour than go do some housework but I lost track of time and read it all in one sitting.
Profile Image for Heidi R..
2,120 reviews
March 25, 2017
This is the first book I've read by E M Abel, and I have to say...it rocked! Mild angst & sweet romance...along with steamy love scenes, make this a really good read.
Profile Image for Jennifer Guffey.
1,113 reviews40 followers
August 24, 2017
You’re the Only One
By: E.M. Abel
4/5 stars

Sky and Dillon have been through thick and thin together, more thin, while growing up. While their childhood’s may have not been ideal, they had their mother’s and they had each other forming their own quasi-family.

They’re best friends, who have never thought about crossing the friendship line. They both are fighting and working for their dreams and searching for their fame. Sky is a fashion designer and has a great job, but she’s not creating her own designs. Dillon is working, playing gigs in dive bars, hoping he gets noticed and can make it big.

Their lives are busy and become even more so when they each start dating. Dillon’s girlfriend is a famous model and Sky’s boyfriend is an old high school flame. Their respective relationships have their ups and downs. And they experience some falling away and friction in their friendship and of course some angsty times.
Profile Image for Hopelessly Addicted To Books .
3,377 reviews118 followers
April 12, 2017
I love a good friends to lovers romance and this is another to add to the list.
Sky and Dillon have been friends for years and have been there for each other through all the difficult times and relationships they've had. It's not often that I liked both main characters equally but with this couple I couldn't pick who I liked more.
They both have ambitions and goals and are supportive of each other, Sky wants to be a fashion designer and Dillon is a musician both looking for their big break. They are both in relationships when things start to change. They are both wary of getting involved because their friendship is so solid but will they take that leap of faith and give into their feelings.
This is a beautiful story that keeps the reader interested the while any through.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Profile Image for Sam Lewis.
193 reviews62 followers
April 29, 2017
This review of You're the Only One by E.M. Abel is for The Sweet Spot Sisterhood. It is a Rockstar Romance and I love Rockstar Romances. It is also a friends to lovers story as well. Give me a hot rockstar any day and that is what E.M. Abel does. This is the second book I have read by this author and it just reminded me of why I am a fan.

You're the Only One is the story of Sky and Dillon. They have been best friends since they were little. They support each others hopes and dreams. They moved to New York to pursue those dreams. Will their success drift them apart or can they stay afloat and realize their true love for one another?

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
84 reviews
April 18, 2017
SO SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I read a book and I want to scream from the roof tops that everyone who loves a good romance should read this.......like stop what you're doing and read this. Its got a traditional story-line with a unique spin and I freaking loved every second. First I'm a sucker for friends to lovers stories and this was filled with so much angst and anticipation I was literally bursting at the seems!!!!!!!!!!!! I was already a super E.M. Abel fan and this just confirmed that I flipping love everything she writes. Sky was a super lovable relate-able character and Dillon was beyond sexy! This book was filled to the brim with sexiness, laughs, angst, highs and lows. SO SO GOOD!!! I know I already said that but really it was so so good!!!!!!
Profile Image for AnessaRenee Reviews .
311 reviews8 followers
April 11, 2017
I love a well written friends to lovers story and this one is great. But will it work out in the end or will they be better off as friends. You must read this story to find out. Sky and Dillion are both in relationships so will they stay where they are or risk their life long friendship? I think these stories are the most realistic because sometimes it's hard to figure out if it's worth the risk of losing your best friend. I love the way the author wrote this one and really keeps you guessing.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.