Start by marking “A Different Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Different Christmas

A Different Christmas

Two people. Two upbringings. One Christmas.

Sam was brought up to her happy family gathering at Christmas. Filled with many traditions that as an adult she thought were normal for everyone.

Getting ready to finish work for the holidays to go home to her family in Scotland, was her idea of fun and relaxation. Well, that was until her boss, Luke, told her he was dragging her
Published November 1st 2016 by KMLowe (first published October 21st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Different Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Different Christmas

Lady Living  In Bookland
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Sam and Luke seem like polar opposites, but actually they are more alike than they care to admit. Including their stubbornness and attitude! As Luke, asks his PA (Sam) to travel with him to New York the week before Christmas, she really is about to walk away from her job.

The almost comedic back and for between the PA and boss duo and their dislike for one another also couldn't be further from the truth....

Excerpt:
“I have four days to make you see I am not the arrogant asshole you think I am.” I
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Merry Christmas Stars!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

This is one of those perfect get in the mood for the holidays books. Sam and Luke couldn't be more different than black and white. She grew up in a very family oriented home filled with love and Luke, well not so much. He comes from wealth, but as the adage says, money can't buy you love. And let's not even discuss his shrew of a mother!

Clarice
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well it's the time of year where I like to start getting ready for the holidays. Some may say it's too early, but Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. What better way than to start reading some Christmas books? I really enjoyed reading A Different Christmas. Although at first, I will admit that I wasn't a big fan of Sam. She seemed set off at every little thing Luke said or did, even when he was trying to be nice. It took a while to kind of understand her, but as the story progres ...more
BB Belle
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reviews, arcs
Samantha Anderson and Luke O`Donnell came from very different backgrounds he was an American millionaire who had everything he wanted except a proper family life. She was a lowly Scottish girl who worked hard to get to where she was and had a family so close she hated moving away of sorts.
Growing up Samantha or Sam as she liked to be called dreamed of moving away from her Scottish village in the middle of nowhere. When she moved to London she sometimes wanted to be back home, even though she alw
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I love stories that are centered around the theme of Christmas, so when the chance came for me to read and review A Different Christmas I could not resist.  This is the type of story that will get you in the mood for the upcoming Christmas holidays. It was funny, engaging and sweet. It will have you itching to pop out the Christmas tree and decorations. It reminded me of the fun I used to have growing up during the Christmas season.

The story is about Sam and Luke, who are as different as night a
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Sam grew up with a very loving family who celebrates Christmas together every year. They decorate the tree, opened presents together and have Christmas Day meal as a family.

Luke grew up with a mom who was more interested in her social status than spending Christmas morning with her family or doing any of the traditional Christmas things.

Luke owns his own business in London, Sam is his PA...let's just say she is definitely NOT his biggest fan!! She thinks he's an arrogant jerk with money which me
Fiona Wilson
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Actual rating 3.5 stars

This was the first book by the author I have read. It's a story about two people with totally different backgrounds and their attempts to understand each other's lives. They have a love/hate relationship in their day to day jobs as boss and PA.

I related a lot to Sam, the female character, as the way she loves Christmas is exactly the same as my experience. We always woke up early on Christmas Day, woke our parents up and loved the whole unwrapping thing. I have always lov
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The way that I would describe it is compare and contrast. You see the way that two different families celebrated Christmas. The first is the traditional Christmas- dinner, tree, presents, happy kids that can't wait to unwrap their gift from Santa. The second is not traditional. It was cold, and used as a networking situation. When they both get a look at how they spend Christmas with their families, one begins to wonder what it must have been like to grow up like th ...more
Wendy Hodges
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc copy for an honest review.
This is what I think of as a bitter sweet story, the type that teaches us money isn't everything, it doesn't buy love or happiness. Yes money means you don't have to worry about paying bills or material stuff, even transport to get places in an emergency, but not family and definitely not love. Luke's family have money, Sam's are just comfortable. Christmas in this story shows just what a difference the two can make, its a testing one. I enjoyed reading it and the c
Chianti Summers
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Received a copy. It is that time of year when you cuddle up on the couch with a warm beverage of choice and enjoy a holiday read. Sam and Luke are characters that you cheer for and want to see the growth of their characters throughout the story. Sometimes it takes a little time and a trip to finally show the feelings that are there for the other person. A Different Christmas is a wonderful holiday read.
Wendy Porter
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautifully written book about two people who grow up differently with different type of Christmas. I loved the characters the story it all nothing better than a lovely Christmas inspired story. This is a must read highly recommend to others. I couldn't put it down.
Kyra
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you need to get in the mood for Christmas, this book will do the job! A sweet romance about two people from different backgrounds, who find, while on a business trip, that their assumptions about each other were all wrong. Lovely story - highly recommend it!
Caroline Easton
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
You can't beat a nice Christmas story and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this one either. I look forward to reading more by this author
K.M. Lowe
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sass
A Different Christmas is a fun, loving story. You will fall in lover with Sam and Luke and follow their story and encounter their many ups and downs along the way.
Alison
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart Racing, Festive Stars

When faced with a business trip to New York, will Sam survive the trip with her boss Luke O'Donnell or will she discover more than she imagined? Will two clashing personalities discover they are in fact two halves, to one soul?

After reading Home for Christmas by KM. Lowe, I decided to indulge myself a little and one-click her other current Christmas novel, A Different Christmas, and I was not disappointed. This story blew me away.

I was captivated and thrown straight
Angelina
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in the mood for a Christmas story this evening and I know I'm always guaranteed an amazing read when it comes to books by KM Lowe, so I picked up A Different Christmas and wasn't disappointed. As soon as I started reading the first page, I relaxed against my pillow as I knew I wouldn't be putting my Kindle down until I'd read the last page. I went in expecting one story, and got something different, but even better, and I really wish I'd opened this book sooner.

A Different Christmas isn't
Franci Neill
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Merry Christmas Stars!

Anyway, Luke insists that Sam accompany him on a business trip to NYC right before Christmas promising her to get her back in time to
tania
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well when I was kindly asked to review this book, I was so intreged with it, I have read one of k.m.lowe books before and she writes beautifully.

when I first started reading this I was so impressed with sam firey temper and how luke is just as stuborn and as read further into the book the romace blossomed between the two and it maked my heartstring get pulled. I felt like I was sam in the book and not just reading it.

when k.m.lowe brought in the names from disney films i had to laugh as they w
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't tend to read Christmas stories because they can get waaaaay too cheesy for my liking. However, this fantastic story was nothing like that at all and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is just such a heartwarming story about 2 people who are odds with one another who can come together to discover what Christmas means to each other and make them understand that there are many ways to experience Christmas, good ways and bad. If you are looking for a fabulous Christmas read then this is the book to ...more
Cindy Mathis
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of A Different Christmas in exchange for an honest review. This is my first book by K.M. Lowe. I enjoyed the story, but felt like part of it was missing. It was obvious Sam and Luke had some past issues, and I felt like if the story had there been an extra chapter or two at the beginning for character development, I could have understood Sam and Luke's attitudes towards each other.

An overall enjoyable read. 3.8 stars
C.J. Fallowfield
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first read by Lowe and what better way than to start with a Christmas read as I was travelling for a weekend at the Birmingham Christmas markets?
This is a festive romance set between London and New York - Sam hates her boss Luke, so when he orders her to head to New York with him, shortly before Christmas, she storms into his office to hand in her resignation. Sam comes from a warm and close Scottish family, whose love for each other and family values are what Christmas is all about, and she
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
“Don’t settle for second best when it comes to love.”

What’s better than Christmas and romance? I found myself humming Christmas songs whilst reading this book.

They say never judge a book by its cover, yet Sam finds herself guilty of this very thing. Convinced her boss, Luke, is an arrogant bleep de bleep, Sam starts to see the real man behind the mask when they travel to Luke’s home in New York for business just before Christmas.

I enjoyed the whole transatlantic feel to the story. Both Sam and
Stacey
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first read of K M Lowe and I was excited to dive into it - I love Christmas!

I loved that we had a little background of both Luke and Sam's childhood Christmases, just to set the scene for the rest of the book.

Back to the present day, I must admit I really didn't like Sam at first - I thought she was a bit of bitch as we didn't really have anything to show why she behaved to Luke as she did. The more the story went on though, I did warm to her, and I love Luke - he's such a sweetheart
Clare
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two of my favourite things to read about is a good heart warming Christmas story and enemies to lovers and this book is a combination of both of those things, so you could say that this book was perfect for someone like me.
It's a story of two people Sam and Luke who work together, Sam is Luke's PA and she thinks that he is rich, bossy and arrogant. She loves to hate him as he does nothing but infuriate her with his every request until they take a trip to New York and he shows her that nothing i
Karenj
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have rated this a 3.5* read. it's easy reading with some good characters, i liked both Sam and Luke and some of the seondary characters especially Lee.. hoping for his story next?? it was well written and had some funny moments and some tender moments but for me was missing a little something though i can't quite put my finger on what.. maybe not quite enough build up.. we're told they had a love to hate relationship as boss/pa but we didnt really see anything to indicate why Sam hated Luke so ...more
Karen Wood
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish, loved the main characters Luke and Sam, their banter all the way through was funny and with other family members being a big part of the book it made it more special. I liked the way the different families and upbringings at Christmas make such a difference to your life, Luke had everything he wanted but the thing that he needed most was Love and he didn't get that from his mother, where as Sam had a happy upbringing with a loving family at Christmas and l ...more
H.R. Savage
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was interesting to read a Christmas focused novel during Halloween, but it didn't make it weird. In fact, A Different Christmas was a nice book! The only way I can think to describe this book is "sweet". Sam and Luke know each other before the book even begins. Sam is Luke's assistant, and absolutely despises her boss. She basically thinks he's an insensitive asshole.

You can imagine her joy when she finds out that she has to spend a few days in New York with him before she can go home for Chr
Suzie
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Fantastic story that will make you feel christmassy. Thoroughly enjoyed the story of Sam and Luke as they discover what christmas means to the other person. Great characters and will keep you entertained until the end.
beverley ann
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BEVERLEY ANN HOPPER

I loved this story of how it brought sam and luke together at Christmas time . Really enjoyed it and thank you to the author well writing would recommend to any type of reader.
Karen Frances
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well written storyline

Two people, who work together. Luke the boss, Sam the PA. Both had very different upbringings. There is a message with in the storyline, money can't buy love or happiness.