Start by marking “The Library of Souls (Ghost Talker Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Library of Souls (Ghost Talker Files, #1)

The Library of Souls

(Ghost Talker Files #1)

Be careful what you check out...

Ever since he could remember Simon Santiago could see and talk to the dead. When his parents are killed in a train accident, he is sent to live with his estranged con man of an uncle. Soon Simon is put on as his uncle's assistant in a Ghost Expelling agency and carries out the hard work for his uncle: getting rid of the ghosts.

Now thirtee
Published August 30th 2017 by Amazon

Richard Cardenas
"THE LIBRARY OF SOULS" IS OUT NOW!!! GET YOURSELF A COPY TODAY & GET READY TO BE SPOOKED: https://t.co/2kjyDDG25j

description
Peter Monn
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this! Congrats! Check out my full review on my booktube channel http://youtube.com/peterlikesbooks
Steph [They/Them] (Wickedjr Reads)
From the beginning I was interested. I quickly got to like Simon Santiago, who is a 13 year old boy who can see and talk to ghosts. Not everyone can but he isn't the only one who can either. He lives with his uncle since his parents died when he was younger and his uncle uses him to get money by getting rid of ghosts for people, though his uncle takes the credit even though he can't see ghosts himself.

Simon is a nice character and I loved hearing his voice. He doesn't exactly have an easy life a
Savannah
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book by Richard and I have to say I'll definitely be picking up more soon! Also going to have to get the book when it comes out because I would love to see some of the pictures not included in the ARC!

I really enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down when I started reading it! I really hope there will be more stories of Simon and Uncle Monty in the future, I would really love to read of some more of their adventures!

The p
Erika
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I adored this. I can't wait to read book two <3
~Cyanide Latte~
"Good. Now, something doesn't feel right. The spirits are trying to tell me something, but it's coming in muffled and broken. Who exactly invited you to the library to rid it of these spirits?"

Can I just say, WOW. This may not be his debut novel, but it's the first one I've read from Richard Denney, and I have to say that he wrote this very well! This reads as a middle-grade paranormal suspense novel, (and considering on his YouTube channel, Richard is a huge fan of both paranormal suspense and
Ben Sanders
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hey all, here's a quick breakdown of how I'm reviewing this piece. I'll give a quick summary first that's spoiler-free, mention three things that are "Good" (I'm putting that in quotes because this is all opinion based), mention three things that are "Bad" (Again, opinion based) and then break down how it's going to be scored into three categories (Plot, Character, and Setting.) Let's begin!

|Summary|
Our story is following Thirteen-year-old Simon Santiago. We find almost immediately that he actua
Elena Leyva
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves way more than 5 stars. I was lucky enough to receive this amazing ARC from Richard Denny himself and I thank him so much for this opportunity. I loved this book so much I can't wait to purchase it so I have my own copy. While reading I just couldn't put it down. some moments I gasped and some moments I got chills and I loooove when books get those reactions out of me. I found myself wishing this book was a movie, it was so vivid and I loved that their were spookie pictures thr ...more
Jordyn
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! The twist at the end totally took me by surprise. I really hope there will be more books about Simon Santiago in the future.
Janie Johnson
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I found out that one of my book tube friends just got his book published so I went and bought it and I could hardly wait for it to arrive. I read it in a couple of days and really quite enjoyed it. There are some really great characters in this story with a really nice twist in the end. You get some creepiness, mystery and little humor too. I am super glad that I bought this.

The story is pretty creepy if you like ghost stories. I have to say that reading about these ghosts kinda made me think of
Kitkat
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I am so angry that I predicted who was the antagonist. I was not sure through the middle of it but I kept thinking that's too easy. The answer is way too easy and I think the book is okay. I honestly had a lot of hope for this book and now I'm just disappointed. However the book is mysterious and spooky that I think if people like creepy books they'll like this.
Edward Gray
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read a few of Richard's other books, I was excited to get into this book as soon as possible.

I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

I LOVED the book.

The book was layered with Supernatural elements featuring ghosts, a dash of magic, and creepy mediums.  I've been a fan of the Supernatural since I was a kid reading about ghosts, magic and creatures.  I have found that with the author's books each is so different but intertwined with the distinct voice he creates within his characters.

I really
Tera (adventuresbetweenpages) Baird
I was one of the lucky ones to recieve an ARC in exchange for an honest review. It was my first time reading anything by Richard Denney. I’ve been watching him on Booktube for about a year now. I adore him! He’s opened my up to way more Middle Grade books, which are a guilty pleasure read! I throughly enjoyed this book. It was fun, Spooky, the characters were fun and who’s to complain about a library setting??? Not me!!! I got a Goosebumps book vibe when reading it which was a blast since they a ...more
Monica
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly looooved this book. First of all it was a nice size for a quick read but it didn't feel underdeveloped at all. I personally enjoyed every chapter of it and for the most part I think all the loose ends were tied. Surprisingly enough I was actually scared during some parts, maybe because I keep on picturing Black Veil as the demon from Insidious and that freaked me out lol.

Great job with this Richard Denney! I can't wait for the sequel if there will ever be one 😊
A.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this an an E-Arc from the author (which was very nice of him). There's also a review up on my blog, CrankyAutistic.Wordpress, if you want the link to the YouTube channel and the book trailer as well, this is primarily because I haven't figured out how to link things in Goodreads.

This is about a ghost-hunting boy called Simon, who I believe is Spanish and a photographer too, whose parents died tragically and is now living with his ghost-hunting uncle, Monty. The only difference is tha
Juliette
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a quick read, indeed perfect for middle grade. Spooky, well paced, the twist was unexpected! I really enjoyed it. Congratulations to Richard for putting all of this together on his own. Great job!
Lindsay
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2017
I thought I had it all figured out...then the plot zigged...then zagged. Ooh snap! Did *they* really?!

Yes, I'm posting a vague review as to not give away any spoilers. Deal with it.

What I can say is this a cute, fast read. Well written and fast paced, even the wicked characters were likable. You'll understand when you read it.

Can't wait for the next book!
Makayla
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an incredibly fast read for me (finished in about 2-3 hours) and was actually quite different from what I usually read. I found the story of Simon Santiago to be original and quite spooky when reading at night (although I should admit, I'm the biggest wimp and scare very easily). I really enjoyed the characters and will warn you to brace yourselves for the BIGGEST plot twist to come. Seriously, it will hit you across the face. I thought "The Library of Souls" was a little predictable at ...more
Amber LaShell
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I really enjoyed this book. It is actually quite creepy, and it's what I wanted miss peregrins to be with their creepy photos, but Richard did a wonderful job working the perfect photo in to the story.
Robin
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I should have waited until next month to read this, but I just couldn't! It was a creepy, fun book to read!
Melody
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I really enjoyed the book. It was a fast read and good story line. I don't usually read middle grade so for me it was a little hard to get into it because I am use to more detail and more background to characters.

It's a great spooky read for October.
Kristi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
I received this book as an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book! It was creepy, it kept me guessing, and it takes place in a library (seriously, what's a better setting than a library?!). I found all the characters fascinating, and it had good pacing, not too fast or too slow. Definitely recommend!
Hanzel
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aside from Dragons, Demons, Devils and the Pantheons of all mythological Deities, Next on my read list is Ghosts, who does not want the slight shivering when something crosses your peripheral in a dark room ,the turning your head back, looking over your shoulder feeling, hair standing on your arms and legs whenever you start reading ghost stories.......................

Well, this was a fun read, although a short, short one, stereotypes abound (well, still do not care much for spoilers, so any of
All is on books
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
so good. I scare easily so this scared me. had to finish it in one sitting to see if all was well in the end. very well written.
K.D. Reed
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spooky, adventurous, edge of your seat awesome. The Library of Souls is classic middle-grade fun. When ghost-talker Simon and his terrible uncle arrive at a notoriously haunted library, they have no idea the kind of job they've taken on. These spirits are dangerous and Simon is the one who has to take care of it. Creepy in all the right ways, fast-paced, and it definitely keeps you on your toes. Highly recommend, for both kids and their grown-ups!
Samantha
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I requested an E-ARC from the author and he send it to me.

Love the fast pacing of the book, the style (photos included) and the spooky feeling to it.

I wish that it was longer, so I could spend more time with the characters and that it would have more spooky moments and character development.

Didn't saw the ending coming 👏
Eileen
This is a Middle Grade horror novel from Booktube personality Richard Denney. It had some genuinely scary imagery and there was a great twist I did not see coming, but the overall story itself didn't really do it for me. It felt choppy and half-formed.
Kayla Reed
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book!! This has made it to my top middle grade favorites and it was spookily delicious. I'm in love with Simon as a little cousin type of character and I wanted to do nothing more than to root for him. I got semi 13 Ghost vibes from this and I loved every second of it. I also enjoyed having so many different characters that all got just enough page time and it didn't turn into an overwhelming experience. Richard does such an amazing job developing and rotating his characters ...more
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.

I'm so torn between 2 and 3 stars. The story has potential and it was really spooky. But I just could not get past the technical misses especially in the second half of the book.

It's a quick read. It's an enjoyable book; a fun MG read. But it badly needs an editor.
Ruth Santiago
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is kind of hard to see this as a middle grade book. There is no sex it violence but I did enjoy it immensely. I can't wait for the next installment...
« previous 1 3 next »

• Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
  • Santa Rex
  • Genghis Khan: 13th-Century Mongolian Tyrant
  • Cakes in Space
  • The Tapper Twins Go Viral (Tapper Twins, #4)
  • The Emperor of Mars (Secrets of the Dragon Tomb, #2)
  • Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland, #2)
  • The Storm Whale in Winter
  • Greetings from the Graveyard (43 Old Cemetery Road, #6)
  • Scary Storybook Collection
  • The Library Window
  • The Green Bath
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • 2 Fuzzy, 2 Furious (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #2)
  • Never Too Little to Love
  • Amelia Bedelia's First Library Card
  • America the Beautiful
  • Hoodoo

Ghost Talker Files (3 books)
  • The Carnival of Doom (Ghost Talker Files, #2)
  • The Halls That Whisper (The Santiago Files, #1)