Start by marking “Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)

Sweetest Sorrow

(Forbidden #2)

Dante Galante has evaded death a few times in his life, but held captive in a sweltering basement, he's certain that death has finally caught up to him. Bloody and barely breathing, he tries to stay strong, but there's only so much a man can endure before darkness takes over.

As a critical care nurse, Gabriella Russo witnesses suffering often. Thick-skinned, forever cautiou
Published August 29th 2016 by J.M. Darhower

To ask other readers questions about Sweetest Sorrow, please sign up.
Alexandria St Delphi not sure if it's the last book. I'm still holding on hope for Gavin's story, i mean come on, the guy HAS to have a book i meet him in Sempre Redemtion…morenot sure if it's the last book. I'm still holding on hope for Gavin's story, i mean come on, the guy HAS to have a book i meet him in Sempre Redemtion and i loved him in it.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alexandria St Delphi no cliffhangers in this one, not sure if it's the last book tho i'm still holding on hope for Gavin's story, i mean come on, the guy HAS to have a…moreno cliffhangers in this one, not sure if it's the last book tho i'm still holding on hope for Gavin's story, i mean come on, the guy HAS to have a book i meet him in Sempre Redemtion and i loved him in it.(less)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars!!

'Sweetest Sorrow' is J.M. Darhower’s second installment in her 'Forbidden' series and like its predecessor, kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. There’s no secret I love this author. I’ve read and enjoyed everything she’s written so far, every single one of her books being so intriguing and compelling. 'Sweetest Sorrow' definitely met all my expectations, even if, I expected the story to be more about the two main characters from the first installment in the series, G
Hulya Kara Yuksel
2nd read: January 26,2018

I've read the 1st book almost 2 years ago and the other night in a sudden decision I want to read them one more time and my goodness, this books are still sooooo good!!! 😏😏😏

--------------
1st read: September 1, 2016

JMD never disappoints me! 😎

This series are MUST read. Actually all J.M.Darhower's books are MUST read... :)

A couple of months ago, when I first read "By Any Other Name", I already expected a fantastic story because for me J.M.Darhower is an amazing author and
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover

Well, shit.

There really isn't anything I can say on the plot, because well, anyone who follows me knows I am not a fan of giving too much of any book away and it would spoil this book and especially the first, By Any Other Name. And if you haven't read the first.....what the hell is wrong with you? Do you have any idea how much I loved that book? Do you have any idea how many times I had to re-read it just to get my fix of these characters while I not-so-patiently waited for this book
Elizabeth
"You are who you choose to be."

Sweetest Sorrow is the long awaited follow-up to By Any Other Name. J.M. Darhower never fails to amaze me with her intricate plots and unforgettable characters. At the conclusion of By Any Other Name, I was dying to find out what was going to happen next. Sweetest Sorrow certainly exceeded all my expectations. With more of Matty and Genna and the delicious addition of Dante and Gabriella, this was a truly spectacular read!

By Any Other Name ended with a bang and
DW
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forbidden
Dante Galante...

photo 8046ABA9-3F1F-4B4D-A5B8-82CC4FD2B608_zpsr4mi7ybd.jpg

Sweetest Sorrow was absolutely fantastic!!!

photo EF93B432-FFB3-466C-9F5F-C65F6CFC3A63_zpsqswlei5a.jpg

Sexy Mobster✔
Sex✔
Fighting✔
Blowing shit up✔

photo 9DE7BE06-7030-448A-9048-1E15C3289DA5_zpsrlb3c6mt.gif

What more do I need!?!?!?!

photo AE181538-3A97-4703-9451-D1CD02B76577_zps9dtcthnv.jpg
warhawke
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lighthearted mob lovers
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Book 2 of Forbidden series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Dante Galante was presumed dead when he went missing, until he was found badly battered and barely breathing. Having survived a torture changed him, which displeased some people. But he was tired of the never ending Family war and needed a friend to help him grieve.

Gabriella Russo was the nurse who mended him to health. What started as friendship slowly turned into something more as she helped him mend his heart
AleJandra
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Grieving, crazy and lost STARS

"Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

description

Así es como se escribe una hermosa, entrañable, cruda, violenta y apasionante historia de Mafia-Romance por si no lo notaron esa fue una indirecta para Alessandra Neymar.

J. M. Darhower tiene una pluma tan especial; ligera pero intensa que te hace meterte de lleno a la historia, al ser contada en tercer persona puedes ver todas las perspectivas y conocer mucho mejor a cada personaje.
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Ok I'm finally getting around to my review. As I stated, I'm not sure how to rate this. So I'll keep it at 4 stars it's anywhere between 3.75-4.00

On some aspect this was really good and I got excited. I mean I've been waiting forevvver for the continuation of Matty and Genna. I picked up the book and...

I felt as if I was in the Godfather
 photo image_zpsfidrkiqy.jpeg

But then it sort of just drops. It was as if I was waiting for shit to get real only to feel as if I just watched my son pick his nose.

The book picks up right
Ramona
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
" Take a breath, take it deep
Calm yourself, he says to me
If you play, you play the key
Take the gun, and count to three
I'm sweating now, I'm moving slow
No time to think, my turn to go

The first thing that pops in my head when thinking about this book is Russian Roulette. It was inevitable but predictable, because this book portraits our hero playing it from beginning to end.
I loved the first part. I was amazed how well a forbidden love could melt my heart but in the same time froze my blo
Grecia Robles
OH MY GODNESS!! I am speechless
Simplemente AMAZING!!

Este libro ha superado mis expectativas, si pensé que el libro anterior había sido buenísimo este es INCREÍBLE. Obviously J.M. Darhower nunca decepciona y menos cuando se trata de libros de mafia-romance DUUH!

Si les soy sincera no venía con todas las ganas de leer esta segunda parte porque Dante no me convencía mucho y menos por una acción que todavía no supero, pero que bueno que mi sentimentalismo no me cegó porque me hubiera perdido de uno
Jeanne
I'm rating this one 4 stars because I loved Dante and Gabriella's story. Dante is a 5 star worthy, hot mobster you can't help but fall in love with. Unlike Matty and Genna from book one, they had a lot of chemistry, and the sex scenes were hot. I also thought the mafia family storyline got much more interesting in this one, and it didn't hurt that Corrado from the Sempre series made an appearance! In the end, everything came together and it was really good. Much better than book 1, in my opinion ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
This was a great story and I'm a little sad that it ended. Is it weird that although I appreciated that this was Dante's tale, that I LOVED that I got more of sweet Matty? I love that guy. He's incredibly fierce, loyal, smart, protective and loving. Between him and Dante, I couldn't figure out who to love more.

both

I'm playing. I still choose Matty lol.

Ok, so Dante's story almost broke my heart. Everything he believed in was a lie. I really couldn't get over how evil Gallante and Barsanti were. Gone
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Soul Saving Stars

Sweetest Sorrow is the second book in the Forbidden series by J.M. Darhower. I loved By Any Other Name, which is the first book in the series. I was beginning to think the author was never going to finish the series and then BAM what a happy surprise when I realized Sweetest Sorrow was released.

I didn’t have any expectations from this book. I will be honest and say I forgot what happened. But don’t worry after reading a few chapters, all the stuff comes back.

Sweetest Sorrow is
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Sweetest Sorrow is the long awaited sequel to By Any Other Name, and picks up from the exact moment where Genna & Matty are on the run and presumed dead.

Not only do we get more delicious interaction from the two characters I fell in love with BAON, but we also are blessed with a brand new love story involving big brother Dante and nurse Gabriella Russo, who took care of him when he ended up in ICU.

I really enjoyed this story, and as expected, the mafia aspects and family tro
FMABookReviews
❝Being with you is the only part of my reality that makes any sense. ❞ She smiled.❝That's funny, because you're the part of mine that makes everything a mess.❞

Sweetest Sorrow was not what I expected. I expected a story about Matty B and Genna. While we are given their story, it is more of a side story to the main event, which is Dante and Gabriella.

Dante Barsanti is reeling from the loss of his sister, the murder he committed and the torture he endured. There isn't much worth living for, yet
 Naqelle
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
loved this one a great ending to an amazing story of course I love anything jm darhower writes (and I would love it if gavin got his own book also).
Vanessa
Aug 26, 2016 marked it as 0-tbr-no-audio-avail
I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex ♈

I liked Dante and Gabby’s story. Liked them both a lot!
Amazing characters! My shelfing is for their story!
4.5 stars!

I wasn’t fond of the Matty and Genna’s storyline…
I skipped a lot.
3 stars

Sue me, but 2 books in this series are full of plot holes. If any mafia organization did such horrible, partly TSTL mistakes, our world would be FREE of any crime!

Nawal
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J.M is my book queen! She writes all my favourites, I could read everything from her like a million times and not get bored. I love that she is an author who never disappoints because she’s like pure talent. This book was just so amazing. I loved every minute of it. If you wanna read Mafia but like GOOD Mafia, then J.M is your woman!

This is almost like the modern version of Romeo and Juliet but better. We have family rivalries, power hungry fathers, drama, blood, fighting and death. But it’s not
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
So so so so good... And putting a fave character of mine in there with a cameo was a very nice touch!

Seriously I love mafia book and I think J.M. Darhower does an amazing job writing them. I did find myself laughing many times throughout the book but also nervous about what was to come. Gavin and Dante's friendship cracked me up. Love the direction the storyline went and I'm glad at the end Gabby basically said eff you to those douchebags.

I want Gavin to have a book now!!! Puhhhhhllllllleeeeeas
Lo Bookfrantic
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hitman-mafia
Definitely great to read right after book one. Excellent conclusion. I would love to read the cousin book he was the shit! Haha
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
If the Godfather and Romeo and Juliet had a love child, it's name would be Sweetest Sorrow. This book follows the forbidden love stories between the children of rival crime families in the aftermath of the explosive course of events that completely rocked their worlds in By Any Other Name. Sweetest Sorrow unfolds through two interconnected but parallel storylines that are paced so perfectly, woven together so seamlessly, I was completely consumed from start to finish.

No one does mafia romance l
Esra
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Sadece iki kelime söyleyeceğim:
CORRADO MORETTI
description

PS: Söylemeden geçemeyeceğim! Sempre ve Monster His Eyes serilerinin kapaklarından sonra bu serinin kapakları nedir allasen ya!!!
PS 2: Her şey mutlu mesut sonuca bağlandı da Gavin'in kendine ait bir kitabı var mı acaba ben onu merak ediyorum asıl! Zavallım Sempre serisinde yan karakter olarak çıktı, burada da keza öyle. Adam başrolü hak ediyor yani!
TheresaDK
3-3.5 stars

I loved book 1, because of the MCs. Genna and Matty were absolutely wonderful. The cliffhanger was brutal but I was patiently and happily awaiting the sequel even if it took almost a year and half!
Disappointed photo: Hercules tumblr_m4eur3KACI1qzuqe9_zps24c96f5b.gif
So, Sweetest Sorrow took a different turn than I expected. Whereas book 1 was told in third person dual POV (Genna and Matty), this one was multiple POVs. In this one a new couple is introduced, Dante and Gabriella. And even if I absolutely adored this couple, I didn't wait so long to NOT
JewelsyGoolsy
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 -Patting myself on the back for finishing- Stars

After a 20 long, long days of reading this... she finally finishes the book, folks!
description

Warning: unhelpful and possibly time wasting review up ahead.

I LOVED book #1, so maybe my expectations going into this book was too high to reach.
No, I didn't skim. Every word was interesting enough to keep me reading till the end. All the characters were likeable and not annoying (at least to a certain degree). There was enough steam that kept me happy. Every wo
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 "Truth Will Set You Free Stars"

Book 2 in the Forbidden Series and this book will have you turning pages anticipating what's come from the beginning.

This books takes off where book 1 ends and the majority of the story is about Genna's brother Dante and how his life is shattered after being abducted, tortured and left for dead. Dante has the battle of his life to come back and avenge the wrongs of his father and the short life of his beloved sister Genna.

photo dante_zpssrpgnexb.jpg

Everything Dante is and touch
Keya
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Well then. That was quite an end. And it was a pretty good one. I really enjoyed Sweetest Sorrow. Oh and I especially enjoyed the craziness that ensued around 80/85 percent into the story.

I guess it was really the only way to solve the war between the Barsanti's and Galante's. There was way too much hatred between both men and I couldn't see it going any other way.

Hm... Once I finished this last night I kept asking myself what exactly created this whole war business? How did it star
Three Chicks
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I have waited forever for Genna and Matty's story to continue. When BAON ended, the couple had just escaped death and were on the run. Dante was barely alive and we had no idea what would happen to him. It looked like maybe both rival families, having lost so much would stop their war?

I loved this book! Dante and Gabby are the yin and yang to each other's soul. Genna and Matty are trying to make a new life for themselves, Genna still thinks Dante is dead and Dante still has no
Debra Presley
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JM Darhower is the the QUEEN of mafia books! I just finished reading Sweetest Sorrow and I just loved it. It was worth the wait to get this second installment of the Galante and Barsanti clan. Of course for this one you gotta add in a ton of other families into the mix.

The book switches back and forth from Matty and Genna's story to Dante and Gabby's story. Both are amazing and not once was I confused by the switching. In fact when one story ended and another began I couldn't wait for it to swit
Yomi M.
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
After such a long wait I think this did live up to my expectations for it. Dante and Gabriella's story was so lovely to read. I did find myself less interested and skimming Matteo and Genevieve's parts. I probably would have rated it higher if it had just been about Dante and Gabriella.
  • Breathless & Bloodstained (The Chicago War, #4)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Mallicks: Back to the Beginning  (Mallick Brothers, #5)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #10)
  • Angels Fall (Original Sin, #2)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Sinful Temptation (Temperance Falls: Selling Sin #1)
  • Savage Things (Chaos & Ruin #2)

Forbidden (2 books)
  • By Any Other Name (Forbidden, #1)
“So, just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Amaros?"
He cut his eyes at her. "The Amaros?"
"Yeah, like Gavin…"
"Did he ask you to ask me that? Because I swear to fuck, if he sent a 'Do you like me? Check yes or no' note with you, I'm gonna lose my shit.”
5 likes
“You," Gavin said, pointing at Gabriella. "You need your head checked. And you…" He pointed at Dante as he stood up. "I can't wait until somebody finally gets the balls to shoot you, because you know what I'm going to do when that happens?"
"Cry?"
"Laugh," he said. "I'm going to stand back and laugh, because your dumb ass will deserve it."
Gavin walked away, shaking his head.
"Is it sad that I think that jackass might be my best friend?" Dante asked, turning to Gabriella.
That declaration surprised her. "Really?"
He nodded. "These days, well, Gavin's pretty much the only one I trust… except for you.”
4 likes