Start by marking “Classroom Management in the Digital Age: Effective Practices for Technology-Rich Learning Spaces” as Want to Read:

The education landscape is shifting. Information accessibility grows while attention spans shrink. Media is king and yet teachers are expected to effectively harness it for learning while also managing the distractions technology tools bring. Keeping up with the times while keeping time-wasters and senseless screen staring down is new and difficult territory for the most s ...more
Published August 18th 2016 by EdTechTeam Press

To ask other readers questions about Classroom Management in the Digital Age, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classroom Management in the Digital Age

Start your review of Classroom Management in the Digital Age: Effective Practices for Technology-Rich Learning Spaces
Alex
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think this book would be more beneficial to teachers that are just getting technology in a high school setting. As an elementary teacher I did not have a lot to take away from this.
Brittany
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education-reads
This book was MARVELOUS. If you have ever thought to yourself, hm, the classic ed texts are great, but we really could use some digital updates - this book is for you! I was writing "yep" and "wish I knew that earlier!" the entire text. Awesome resource for educators. May well be a great book club selection too for PD or PLCs!
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classroom Management for the Digital Age written by Heather Dowd and Patrick Green seeks to offer insight into how to apply much of what classroom management educators already know and use plus new strategies in a classroom that has technology. Both authors are qualified educators that are leaders in technology education who are passionate about teaching and learning. Heather Dowd helps lead professional learning on helping teachers develop engaging learning experiences. The co-author, Patrick ...more
Eric
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, masters
This quick, intensely practical read will help teachers adapt their teaching practices to a 1:1 setting. However, it will also be helpful for a teacher looking for new ideas for how to incorporate technology and devices in a classroom setting while keeping students engaged in the task at hand.
Michelle Cote
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classroom for the Digital Age, written by Heather Dowd and Patrick Green, offers insight into classroom management for the 21st Century classroom. It applies what a lot of teachers already know about classroom management, and adds new strategies to help a classroom with technology run more smoothly. Both authors are qualified educators that are leaders in technology education, and both are passionate about teaching and learning. One of the authors, Heather Dowd, is a teacher, educational technol ...more
Tim Cavey
Overall, I thought the book was fairly simple, and a huge percentage of the advice is already at work in our schools. Still, some good points were raised. Issues I highlighted:

- consequences for digital misbehaviour
- avoiding techno panic
- activators to start each class
- student-built cumulative (digital) portfolios of work (probably on Slides)
- Ask 3 B4 Me
- thoughtful arrangement of classrooms for max. visibility
- helping students find workflow ...more
Stephanie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pedagogy
I selected this book for its title: I’m interested in classroom management strategies and have been working in a 1:1 environment for the past three years. What should I be thinking about with my students’ chromebooks, I wondered? Is there some way to avoid off-task behavior that I’m not aware of, because it’s hidden behind a computer screen?

Overall, the book dealt with classroom management in fairly traditional ways: how to arrange your desks, how to partner students, how to prepare
Noor
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will use this book, plus others and my own experiences to create a guide for the teachers I work with at my school and in my district.

There are so many layers to this book: routines, best practice, parent connection, etc. all mirroring the analog classroom.
Katie Siemer
This book is an EXCELLENT resource for any teacher who is about to enter a 1:1 or a BYOD environment, or who may be struggling in their digital classrooms. It's a super fast read with a lot of great tips. Great for a staff book study when preparing to go 1:1, too!
Ann
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a great basic book. If you are a fan of rules and procedures in the Harry Wong world, you will like this book.
Arnold
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for beginning teachers on classroom management
Tweller83
Short, good read for those teachers scared of 1:1 transition. Took me, a slow reader taking notes about 1 hour 45 minutes so super short read.
Jonathan Ray
Aug 03, 2019
Mrs. P
Aug 31, 2019
Laney Hill
I felt this book was more geared towards a teacher who has a firm grasp on general classroom management already, and is looking for some ideas for what to THINK about when implementing technology in the classroom. Not many practical take always, more general “consider this” broad strokes
Katie