Start by marking “Storm Warning, Season 2, Episode 2 (Rising Storm)” as Want to Read:
Storm Warning, Season 2, Episode 2 (Rising Storm)

Storm Warning, Season 2, Episode 2 (Rising Storm #12)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Secrets, Sex and Scandals …

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming.

As Joanne Alvarez settles into life without Hector, her children still struggle with the fallout. Marcus confronts the differences between him and Brittany, while Dakota tries to find a new equilibrium. Meanwh
Published September 27th 2016 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Storm Warning, Season 2, Episode 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Warning, Season 2, Episode 2

Sandy S
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

STORM WARNING is the second installment in the multi-authored RISING STORM novella serial focusing on the town and people of Storm Texas- their loves, their lies, and their dark and dangerous secrets.

IN this installment we are introduced to Ian Briggs from Montana, the ranch owner and Marcus’s ‘father figure’ and friend. Ian takes a special interest in Marisol and the feeling may be mutual. Ian’s plans for Storm Texas may become more permanent with a surprise offer for Marcus.

The Johns
Sara Miller
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Following up on the momentum of episode one we get taken even deeper into the many interconnecting storylines that occur in this series. It opens with Joanne beginning her new job and adjusting to life without Hector, but life for her kids is not going quite as swimmingly, Marcus and Mallory were not as close to their father so for them his disappearance was a relief but for Dakota it felt like her entire world was taken away, and as we have seen in the past when Dakota is hurting she lashes out ...more
Patty
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's easy to get lost in a story where the dysfunction is so great, you just can't get enough of it. As this installment begins, we meet Ian Briggs, the man who took Marcus Alvarez in when he ran away from home. I have a feeling his presence in Storm will be important, he has an air surrounding him of confidence and strength. He carries his own baggage as well and it will be interesting to see where he ends up within these families. Chase Johnson's reason for returning is revealed and how the to ...more
Diane Carlson
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Juicy

Episode 2 is just getting juicy. Wow can't wait to read episode 3! I love this series. Hoping Hector's karma bites him real soon.
Melinda
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

So yes what Dakota did was wrong in revealing Ginny Moreno`s secret but the way everybody is treating her is a little wrong. I mean here is a man who is a Senator succumbing youg girls to his bidding is the wrong but nobody see`s that right now. I feel for Ginny because of Dakota she lost any hope of love and happiness with Logan. Dakota could have done this differently but with everything going on Storm is never going to be the same. I am curious to see how Da
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

This is one of my favorite authors, ever so I was very excited to see her contribution to this series and I was not disappointed. While it is only two episodes in there is definite commonality between the stories. While they are not just about the same town, the writing seems to have the same feel to it.

This episode brought a "stranger" to town, someone who may or may not be around for awhile. It also brought a real interesting twist at the end, so the title is perfect for what was given. We al
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh yes, this is getting good now! Larissa Ione never disappoints, and the introduction here of Ian Briggs, Marcus’s employer from Montana, is just the shakeup they need in Storm. His arrival leaves Marisol all hot and bothered, and he brings some quite important news for Marcus. We get to see some of Marylee’s plan unfold, and find out why Chase has come back. Exciting! Can’t wait to get on to the next episode.

***Disclaimer: This e-ARC was provided to me by the publisher via InkSlinger PR in ex
Lynn Brooks
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Alvarez family is adjusting to life without Hector. Marcus is trying to withstand the fallout from Brittany’s family after Dakota outed the Senator. Joanne is loosening her fear and relaxing into her new life. Dakota is as contrary as ever and trying to decide what to do with her life now that she’s lost everything. Mallory is staying steady and being the good kid she’s always been.

The man Marcus worked for in Montana, Ian Briggs, makes a surprise visit to town to check in on Marcus.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Because all eight books in this second season are so intertwined, I'm writing an overall summary review for the entire season.

I'm IN LOVE with all eight of these books. It was so good to get back to Storm, Texas and all the shenanigans of its residents! Talk about things all coming together and ghosts from the past popping up again!

Franci Neill
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!

In Season Two we also get resolutions to some rather questionable decisions by some of the town's residents, Travis and Kristin.
Vagabonda Reads
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back in Storm, Texas, Chase Johnson returns to town — with a big secret. Determined to win the heart of his lost love, Anna Mae, Chase has to answer to both Anna Mae and his family for time lost.

While this is going on, Hector Alvarez is still making tracks to Storm, unbeknownst to all concerned (except for Marylee Rush). Hector’s wife, Joanne, is finally getting her family back on track, and the arrival of Ian Briggs, mentor to her son, Marcus, further aids in healing her family.

Ian, a lone co
Shelf: ARC
Pages: 106
Rating: 5
Heat: 1

Thoughts: I am so ADDICTED to this series yet it’s so hard to write a review. The best way to explain it is like this… This is a written soap opera, many characters and lots of drama. Since there is no way to read this serial other than in order, it makes it hard to really say anything about it. I LOVE the story!! I hate drama in my life but man, I’ll watch it or read it and be enter
Michelle Austin
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Rising Storm Season 2 was a great 5 star read.

Storm Warning:
Marcus and Brittany are dating but her father and grandmother continue to be a thorn in their side. They don’t want Brittany with someone like Marcus.
Ian comes to town to see Marcus and when he meets Marisol there seems to be some sparks.
I really like Ian, he has been a great father figure for Marcus. I feel like Marcus may have also helped Ian heal as well. Glad they found each other.
As we lead i
Stacey
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
In Storm Warning, we get to meet Ian Briggs, the man who Marcus views as a father and who took care of him when he arrived in Montana. He's now in storm to visit Marcus, and when he meets Marisol, there are sparks between the pair. Marisol struggles with her interest in Ian, considering Patrick has been pining over her for a while.

The Rush's are making things difficult between Brittany and Marcus, as both Marylee and Sebastian don't think he's good enough for her.

It looks like Hector's heading
Tara Dorough
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Storm Warning is episode 2 from Rising Storm season 2. This episode catches up with most of the citizens of Storm, Texas. There are a couple of new characters. Chase Johnson, Zeke's long lost brother and Ian, the rancher that took in Marcus and became like a father to him. No one knows why Chase has come back to Storm. But everyone wants to know when he is leaving. Ian came to check on Marcus. He misses him. Ian wants to make sure Marcus is okay and knows how much he means to him. Of course the ...more
Rose
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the second episode of this season, we learn a bit more about Ian Briggs and his relationship with Marcus as he rolls into town. The fatherly love and respect he has for Marcus is very real as we see throughout this book.
We also get to know more about Chase Johnson and why he returns to Storm (Feeling like his character will become one that readers will be able to relate to.).
Marisol and Marcus' characters are detailed a little more and these are very endearing people.
We also get glimpses in
Paulette
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Storm Warnig is the second installment in Season 2 of the Storm Rising series. The book does not disappoint.
The story continues for the characters in the town of Storm with this installment following Marcus, Britanny, new comer Ian Briggs, who has becomes Marcus's much needed father figure. Someone almost gets caught in the act, others secret feelings for one another are discovered. Hector is coming back! Oh, boy, here comes trouble!
I spent a few hours on a lazy Sunday sitting and catching up w
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Family is the strongest tie any person can have. In Joanne's case, she has been fighting an uphill battle for years. An abusive husband, a difficult daughter and a heart that belongs to another. The Johnson brothers seemed doomed to repeat mistakes of the past. Strained relationships, jealousy, betrayal and anger is on the verge of destroying two generations of strong men. Can these rifts be healed before it's too late? What bonds a family is the struggles they overcome not the grudges held onto ...more
Karen Roma
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of season two, sees Joanne once again made an offer too good to refuse. But can her family continue to thrive in Hector’s absence, or will the one child who has suffered from Hector’s abandonment, and her own vindictive tongue, condemn this tormented household to a life of misery.

Differences in social stature, brothers estranged by time and separation and the arrival of a man with good intentions and tortured past, will see things ramp up a notch more in this quaint, but tr
Michelle Leigh
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed meeting Ian, the man that helped Marcus. I think he really needed to be part of the story, and I'm glad he made an appearance.

This was another engaging and entertaining episode that just whets the appetite for more and more and more!!

The tension is building again, things are starting to heat up, and I can't wait to see what happens next in Storm, Texas.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Mya
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

This book had lots of good parts to it. Some nice romance and some crazy intrigue. I am totally hoping certain people get together!! You can feel the episodes building and there is going to be something big coming!!! The writing was well done and pulled me right in.

*I received and arc in exchange for an honest review*

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogsp...
Latifa Morrisette
In Storm Warning we meet Ian Briggs, the man Marcus views as a father. When he meets Marisol, sparks fly between two. Even though patrick has been lining over her ian makes her forget about everything.

The Rush's are trying everything to the can to break Brittany and Marcus up, as they feel she could do much better.

Meanwhile we learn why Chase left town and Annamae behind

And something bad about to head back to Storm.
Until next time!
Sherry Bohrmueller
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this episode we find out how Marcus had been working for in Montana. Also a little more into Chase's return. A lot of the other main characters also are in this episode. Definitely something is building up to explode. And boy does this book end with a huge turn.
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Terri
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review. In episode 2, Joanne is settling in her new job working on Tate's campaign and her new relationship with Dillon. Joanne's son, Marcus is dealing with the Rush family's disapproval of his relationship with Brittany and the smear tactics they're using to make him look like a monster... and Ian Briggs shows up in town with an agenda.
Ash P Reads
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Donna
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A son of Storm returns and a stranger comes to town. Chase left Storm to pursue his dream of becoming a musician leaving behind his family and girl. Now he's back to make amends. Ian Briggs comes to town to check on Marcus. The Rush family is determined to keep Brittany and Marcus apart.
Reading
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am so hooked on this series. I wish it was a tv show!
Abby
Review to come!
Bobbie
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great series. Dynamic characters.
Jecca
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
« previous 1 3 4 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl
More about Larissa Ione

Rising Storm (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Tempest Rising (Rising Storm #1)
  • White Lightning (Rising Storm #2)
  • Crosswinds (Rising Storm #3)
  • Dance in the Wind (Rising Storm #4)
  • Calm Before The Storm (Rising Storm #5)
  • Take the Storm (Rising Storm #6)
  • Weather The Storm (Rising Storm #7)
  • Thunder Rolls (Rising Storm #8)
  • After the Storm (Rising Storm: Midseason #1)
  • Distant Thunder (Rising Storm: Midseason #2)