Start by marking “Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8 (Rising Storm)” as Want to Read:
Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8 (Rising Storm)

Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8 (Rising Storm #18)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Secrets, Sex and Scandals …

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming.

As Celeste Salt struggles to pull herself and her family together, Dillon is called to the scene of a domestic dispute where Dakota is forced to face the truth about her father. While the Johnson’s celebrate a
Published September 27th 2016 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8

Shelf: ARC
Pages: 98
Rating: 5
Heat: 1

Thoughts: I am so ADDICTED to this series yet it’s so hard to write a review. The best way to explain it is like this… This is a written soap opera, many characters and lots of drama. Since there is no way to read this serial other than in order, it makes it hard to really say anything about it. I LOVE the story!! I hate drama in my life but man, I’ll watch it or read it and be entertained
Ash P Reads
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh man! what a season finale. As far as I'm concerned everyone gets EXACTLY what the deserved, whether good or bad. Lots of happy endings and a good helping of "take that" in this last episode. I'm not giving any spoilers in this review. It just HAS TO BE READ, it's that good.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Sandy S
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--BLUE SKIES by Dee Davis is the eighth and final installment in the multi-authored RISING STORM Season Two novella serial focusing on the town and people of Storm Texas.

BLUE SKIES focuses on recovery and acceptance for a town battered by political power, secrets and lies, betrayal and abuse.

Celeste Salt comes to terms with one aspect of her life but her grief over the death of her son is lightened with heartwarming news. While her sister Payton Rush has had enough of her husband and h
Stacey
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blue Skies, the Season Two finale, goes out with a bang. There's plenty of drama and excitement, and there's also plenty of hope for everyone involved.

Celeste, who has been gradually snapping out of her depression, puts Travis in his place, while Kristen is left to decide if she wants to continue her relationship with him. I didn't expect it turn out the way it did, and I enjoyed the twist.

After a confrontation with Sebastian, Ginny winds up going into labor. The whole town waits on baited breat
Patty
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's amazing to me that you can take 10 authors, 18 books and a town called Storm, and seamlessly string the books together as if it is written by one author. This serial is amazing with it's cohesiveness, it never feels choppy or stuck together. This team of authors created the town of Storm,let us meet many different families and feel the impact of their grief, happiness, fear, jealousy, greed and protectiveness. The Johnsons, Morenos, Alvarez's, Rush's and Salts all come from different backgr ...more
Maggi
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful ending to the series. I've enjoyed all the drama and twists and turns. It was truly amazing that the series was well written by so many authors, everyone did a great job. As I finish with book, I have a book hangover and am going to miss Storm, Texas.
Melinda
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Rising Storm
Season Two

I decided to wait until I read the entire season to do a review instead of on each individual episode because the episodes were so short. It just made more sense to write a review on all of the books at once.

At the end of Season One, Dakota Alvarez exposed the secret that Ginny Moreno had an affair with Senator Sebastian Rush and the baby she was carrying was probably his and not Jacob Salt’s baby because Jacob was probably infertile due to an accident he had as a child. S
Sara Miller
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It all comes down to this! In a season filled with ups and downs, shocking returns and more blossoming romance than a Junior High Dance we have made it to another shocking season finale in a novella series that has come to be one of my favorites. (Really I only follow 2, this one and Palm South University By Kandi Steiner)

Kicking off the episode with some secrets brought to light, turns out there is something in the water around Storm becuase all of a sudden the wives are calling their husband'
Karen Roma
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The much-anticipated conclusion of this dynamic series is finally here!

And while many families are stricken with feelings of grief, regret, and the ultimate in betrayals, there may just be a break in the ever-raging tempest that engulfs the residents of Storm, Texas, as questions we’ve been anticipating are finally answered. Just a few are:

· Will Celeste escape her grief long enough to see what’s happening right under her nose?

· Will Payton finally surrender to long suppressed emotions and lo
Franci Neill
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!

Because all eight books in this second season are so intertwined, I'm writing an overall summary review for the entire season.

I'm IN LOVE with all eight of these books. It was so good to get back to Storm, Texas and all the shenanigans of its residents! Talk about things all coming together and ghosts from the past popping up again!

In Season Two we also get resolutions to some rather questionable decisions by some of the town's residents, Travis and Kristin.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Michelle Austin
description

Rising Storm Season 2 was a great 5 star read.
I have not read Season one and I didn’t feel lost when I started reading Season 2. Although I would suggest reading Season one first if you can. These are stories of the residents of “Storm” where nothing is a secret and gossip is huge.

Blue Skies:
Oh where to start with this one. We finally get some of the answers we have been desperately waiting for and see some great twists, some definitely unexpected. I was
Vagabonda Reads
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue Skies by Dee Davis is the concluding novella in Season 2 of the Rising Storm Series and it’s the motherlode of soap opera deliciousness!

Life and death come to Storm, Texas, and as a child is born on one side of town, gunfire explodes on the other side. Lives are forever altered, some with joyous triumph, others with staggering defeat.

Does Celeste Salt finally show Travis what it’s like to have a pair? And her sister, Payton Rush, will she remain with the sleazebag Senator, or can she find h
Tara Dorough
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue Skies, Season 2, Episode 8 is the final installment of the Rising Storm series. It's hard to believe the series is finally at the end of the tale. Everything you ever wanted to happen in Storm finally comes about in this episode. The good, the bad and the ugly. Ginny and the town finally find out who the father of her baby is going to be. Life catches up to Hector Alvarez in the best way possible. Old wounds are healed and new beginnings abound. This book couldn't have ended the series any ...more
Latifa Morrisette
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue Skies by Dee Davis is the epic heart pounding conclusion to epic eight story collection

As the residents of Storm, Texas mend fences a bigger storm is brewing fir one family a it will come to a shocking end.

For Ginny mending fences with everyone is what she's wanted and as one door closes, an unexpected one opens.

Tate is finally able to move in with his life with the help and kove of Mary Louise.

I loved reading this series do much and it was like reading a soap opera that you see on TV. I hi
Melinda
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Oh my god Oh my god were finally at the finale and what a bang it is. We finally know who Ginny`s baby`s father is and man if this was a bet I would have won. The power of love, hope and faith comes all together in the season finale. All the authors in this series brought this town to life and really hope there is a season 3. So much to see I mean from the baby, Logan and Ginny, Tate and Mary Anne just so much in this town worth telling more. I loved it and man
Rose
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Episode 8 has the answers to many questions, closure to certain people and new life not only to Ginny's baby but to many who were in turmoil.
This book had me crying and rooting for certain things to go such a way.
This concept and collaboration of authors was genius and every book outdid the other.
Not wanting to give anything away, we see all our beloved characters and those who we would have loved to strangle find their place.
Paulette
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue Skies was the conclusion to the Rising Storm series. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. Such a great series. This book wrapped up all the happenings from the other books. Some things were expected, there were some surprises. So many characters stories were interwoven together. Very well done.
It must have been challenging to write a series with so much going on with so many authors but each author did an exceptional job. I really enjoyed reading this series!
Isha Coleman
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Long awaited answers finally arrive. Eyes are opened to facts long denied. The drama never ends in Storm, Texas. The one moment I have waited for since Dakota came onto the canvas was for her to take off the blinders and see Hector for the weak monster he really is. Her hero became her worst nightmare and her scorn for her mom became respect. Blue Skies delivered what I've come to expect from the Rising Storm series. Exciting twists and a hint of closure. I hope this isn't the end .
Terri
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC in exchange for an honest review. This is it! Ginny finally has the baby and we get to find out once and for all who was the father of Little Bit.. but will she have a happily ever after? Things come to a head in the Alvarez house and Dakota finds out the hard way why her siblings and mother hate Hector so much and just how dangerous her father really is. All of our questions are finally answered, I'm a little sad the series had to end, but WOW what an ending!
Lynn Brooks
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great conclusion to Season 2!

Celeste Salt struggles to overcome her grief and start to live again. She makes a big decision to move forward.

Dillon is receives a domestic disturbance call that forces Dakota to finally face what type of man her father is.

Ginny is rushed to the hospital ... and the father of her baby is finally revealed!
Diane Carlson
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Happy Ending

So glad things turned out the best for all of the characters in this series. I cried again. This was a truly wonderful ending. If this is the end of the story for Storm it couldn't have had a better ending. To all the wonderful authors involved, a job well done. I am so glad I got to read such a great collaboration!
Mya
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book is full to the brim with major events. It was emotional and well written. So much happens that it feels very much like all the ends have been tied up. I quite enjoyed it and I wonder if there will be a season 3.

*I received and arc in exchange for an honest review*

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogsp...
Sherry Bohrmueller
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Definitely a fantastic ending to this series. Everything comes together as it should. Loved all the different episodes from each author. A series to fall in love with.
Donna
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow...what a season finale. Episode 8 we have divorces, death, people coming and going, and a new life. The paternity of Ginny's baby is revealed.
Abby
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a way to end the season! I wasn't expecting the outcomes that occurred, but it was a good read!
Bobbie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Suspense and romance. Interesting storyline. Happy endings. Great read. Intriguing series.
Synful Enriquez
Dec 09, 2016
Erika Stevenson
Dec 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award winning author Dee Davis worked in association management before turning her had to writing. Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she ...more
More about Dee Davis

Rising Storm (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Tempest Rising (Rising Storm #1)
  • White Lightning (Rising Storm #2)
  • Crosswinds (Rising Storm #3)
  • Dance in the Wind (Rising Storm #4)
  • Calm Before The Storm (Rising Storm #5)
  • Take the Storm (Rising Storm #6)
  • Weather The Storm (Rising Storm #7)
  • Thunder Rolls (Rising Storm #8)
  • After the Storm (Rising Storm: Midseason #1)
  • Distant Thunder (Rising Storm: Midseason #2)