Start by marking “Vice (Fireborn Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vice (Fireborn Wolves, #1)

Vice

(Fireborn Wolves #1)

Some cravings can't be denied.

Werewolf Laina Flynn longs to break from the patriarchal expectations of Fireborn pack. A successful entrepreneur, she doesn’t have time to be bossed around by her alpha brother, Silas, let alone to act as a proper werewolf princess.

But when a wolf is found murdered on Fireborn shifting grounds, Laina will do anything to protect her pack, even
319 pages
Published September 13th 2016 by Carpe Luna Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Vice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vice

Deborah
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

This is the first book I've read by this author but the reviews, cover and blurb were all good so I decided to give it a try.
I used to love shifter books but recently I've become very disillusioned with them and can't remember the last really good one I read. I don't know if it's me, it's true I've become more discerning the older I get and the more I read or is it that there's just so many shifter books out here that they've simply become carbon copies of each other.
Anyway after reading so
Trisha Gatewood
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book truely kept me on the edge of mu seat. I literally read the entire book in one day. The story is about a princess from a lycanthrope society that has fallen hard for a human. Knowing their relationship is forbidden and she couldn't possibly have anything more than a fling, she still falls madly in love with him. Their love isn't easy though. She is hiding her true identity and hiding from a threat that could possibly kill her and her entire royal family. Genevieve Jack has done it agai ...more
Renee
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this author's style of writing as she has a way of keeping me engaged in the story. And I really loved this book! It was fun, fast-paced and exciting, I loved the characters and I really enjoyed seeing Grateful make an appearance in this story. I certainly hope this is the first of many books to come in a new series!!
Coral
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot: 3.5/5
Characterisation: 4/5
Prose: 3.5/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Jojo
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advance copy of this book for review. I really enjoyed this spin off from Grateful Knight series and I liked how the main series touched based with Silas and his pack was a nice mini introduction to this series. Great work!
Jolene
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so engrossed in the storyline and the characters that I ended up reading this book in one day. Sure the house didn’t get cleaned, the laundry had to be put off until the next day and I ordered pizza for dinner but that was ok because Genevieve Jack out did herself once again but I never doubted for a second that I would be disappointed......I’m a huge fan of hers and of The Knight Games series.

The characters were likable and I simply adored the budding relationship between Laina and Kyle …
Sherrie Brown
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vice (Fireborn Wolves Book 1) by Genevieve Jack
I loved this book. Genevieve was able to continue with her ability to bring a wonderful story to life. She took characters from her other books and brought them to life with their own stories. I enjoyed reading this book, I never new what was going to happen and was surprised at several of the event. I liked the growth of the main characters and their ability to admit they let others control their lives and to change for the better.
Well worth my ti
Coco.V
Apr 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/17/2018)!💝
Amanda

Reviewed for: Where the NightKind Roam

Vice by Genevieve Jack is the first in a new series featuring werewolves and other supernatural creatures. I believe it is a spin off of an early series which I had not read, but that is ok, I dont believe that you would have had to read any of her other novels to get this one. That being said, I have read one other book by Ms. Jack several years ago. (The Ghost and the Graveyard) I quite enjoyed this book which is why I requested this one when I s
Jennifer G
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Genevieve Jack has created another successful story from her magical world of witches, vampires, werewolves, and a host of other creatures. Vice is the story of Laina, werewolf princess of the Fireborn Pack. She's a beautiful, feisty Veterinarian who rebels against pack duties and Alpha orders. As much as she loves her brother, the Alpha, she resents not having control over her own life. She wants love like her parents had, not
Alice Taylor
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vice is the first book in the Fireborn Wolves series. This book is about Lania, Dr. Laina Flynn, who is a veterinarian as well as a werewolf. We actually start out with Kyle, who is with his father who is dying. Kyle decides he wants to keep his father’s dog, a mastiff but on his way home across county Milo gets sick so he stops at a vet’s office and meets Lania. Lania is very interested in Kyle when they first meet, and he asks her out to dinner but she has to cancel because of a family event. ...more
Tiblu
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I guess but still rather lame...

Two dimensional characters with almost insurmountable villain, felt a bit been there done that ..
.i liked the h wanting her Independence, but her ideas abou anything and everything seemed to be quickly quelled by others,
I HATED the "club" , why the h was obsessing over Kyle she was ignoring Anton else who was a threat... Lainia seemed really smart one minute and dumb the next,brave one,and just giving up the next, and while I kinda see she was trying protect
Angela
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An action packed, intense, romantic suspense that's a must read! I was pulled in right from the start, and kept on the edge of my seat till the very end. With it's unique storyline, complex characters you can't help but love-most of them anyway, sizzling hot chemistry, secrets, lies, betrayal, intense situations, and intriguing twists, this is a story that you won't want to miss. Just when you think you have it all figured out, there's another surprise twist that you never saw coming. A fantasti ...more
Karen
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vice: an addiction

This series opener is a little different spin on werewolves and fae. It features Kyle Kingsley, co-owner of The Hunt, a club that caters to men's fantasies, and Dr. Laina Flynn, a veterinarian and a werewolf princess. The first part of the book got lost behind Laina jumping from soap box to soap box to judgemental conclusions. And even later when the story was moving along, something felt off. There was never an emotional connection for me. The ending felt rushed and hollow, an
Book Bite Reviews
I think it took Laina and Kyle too long to come to the point where they were free to love each other and much effort for it to suddenly be over. Nothing would keep them apart.
I am not happy, however, that Alex got away. Alex is the prick who threatens to overthrow Silas and rule all the packs but is using a magic dragons amulet. It just means more trouble on the horizon for Laina and the Fireborn pack of Werewolves. Thank God for fairy godmothers! Gerty! Oh and their dog Milo!
Konny
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good pnr read. Loved, loved The Ghost and the Graveyard and had high expectations for this one. Book one in the Fireborn Wolves series.
Laina Flynn part of a werewolf pack jobs a swaitress at a bar and connects with Kyle Kingsley on a deep level.
I liked the storyline and the characters, the writing is great and I give 4,5 stars.
Myra
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

This was a really great shifter romance read. Love the story line and the intense love scenes. Also the author knows how to keep your interest and makes you feel like you're in the story.
Marc Rieck
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting good read.

A well written and edited, as well as paced novel.

The only reason that I gave it four stars was the, albeit wonderful, story we have read before in various forms..

Well worth the read!
Juanita E. Arp
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book 📚, it has action and intrigue. The chemistry between Laina and Kyle is explosive. Story has lots of twists and turns, I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Philleys Peters
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome..

I just finished this book and I absolutely loved it! Laina and Kyle have so much positive chemistry between them that I am swooning while reading this wonderful book! Action + danger+ love at first sight = one fantastic reading experience!
Susan Lee Thuener
Different vices for different supernatural entities.

A good story with interaction between a human and a wolf shifter. They fall in love and must circumvent many dangers to finally become wedded, Maybe? Read it if mysteries and supernatural events tickle your fancy.
Natalie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vice: A Knight World Novel ( Fireborn Wolves Book 1)

The next book should be epic. I was hoping that Kyle would somehow magically shift or something. I never expected Gerty to be the fairy. Can't wait to read about Jason.
Dawne
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story of trying to shake the shackles of what is expected and going for what our heart wants. A really good shifter story and plot. A bit of predictably in some areas but overall a good read.
Gina
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Well written and steamy from start to finish.
Charlotte
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book! Wow Kyle and Lainia's story is a fun ride. And Milo made me want him...lol
gloria marquardt
A mix in magic and nature.

A good book.. Story was entertaining but slow in several places. I can't really say I'm find of her concept of wewrewolves.
Joann
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

Great read! Can't wait to read the rest of this series. It definitely keeps you on your toes. Love the romance!
Sam
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent characters, lots of action and steamy love scenes. Good twist at the end.
Victoria
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
3.5 stars You should read this!

review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

A werewolf's inner wolf was a second soul, a personality separate and distinct from her human mind, one that usually got its way only three days per month.

review 1

The originality e creativity by the author's is incredible. I love a shifter story, but it's refreshing once in a while to read a totally different spin on the shifter's world. Ms. Jack does this really well.
It is a perfect cover.  It makes my mouth water.  I can guess it's a shifter, the w

• Snow Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend, #9)
  • Melinda's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #7)
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Alpha's Mate (Their Furever Mates #3)
  • Every Miraculous Moment (Hyena Heat, #6)
  • Winter's Dawn (Age of Alphas, #1)
  • Trierna (TriAlpha Chronicles, #5)
  • Wolf in his Heart (Salvation Pack #7)
  • Firestorm Forever
  • Tempted by the Gargoyle (Boston Stone Sentries, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Genevieve Jack writes wild, witty, and wicked-hot paranormal romance and fantasy. Coffee and wine are her biofuel, the love lives of witches, shifters, and vampires her favorite topic of conversation. She harbors a passion for old cemeteries and ghost tours, thanks to her years attending a high school rumored to be adores the beaches of the southeast, where she spends ...more

Fireborn Wolves (3 books)
  • Virtue (Fireborn Wolves, #2)
  • Vengeance (Fireborn Wolves, #3)