Start by marking “Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (2016) #1” as Want to Read:
Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (2016) #1

Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (2016) #1

(Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1)

Trapped inside an old gothic mansion, Deadman must battle the forces of darkness alongside Berenice, a young woman with a complicated love life who is gifted-or cursed-with the ability to communicate with the dead. Romance, mystery, and evil await in the new, bimonthly miniseries DEADMAN: DARK MANSION OF FORBIDDEN LOVE, by Sarah Vaughn (Alex + Ada) and Lan Medina (FABLES)!
Published October 5th 2016 by DC

To ask other readers questions about Deadman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadman

Anna
Oct 11, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: comics, arc, mystery
I don't know what idiot decided to put the narrative speech bubbles in a real (*edit: teal NOT real, stupid autocorrect!) background with white words, but I'm dnf'ing because of it!!! My mostly blind, truly shitty eyes can't take that crap. Especially when it's an e-arc, being read on Bluefire which doesn't have any zoom function. Super disappointed right now, because I really like Deadman and was cautiously optimistic.
Wayne McCoy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1' by Sarah Vaughn with art by Lan Medina stars one of my favorite characters in the DC Universe, but the story felt intent on telling a story that seemed to take away from the one I wanted.

Berenice lives in a creepy old house and like antiques. She and her friend Sam come home from shopping and Berenice seems to be able to see Deadman in her house, which should be impossible since Deadman is dead. At some point in the story the perspective shifts and we
mike andrews
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: d-c-mini-series
Not a bad into to the series. A bit uneventful though
Brandon St Mark
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I only read a few pages of this, but it seemed really great. I'm going to wait for the trade to come out before I read anymore that way I can read the story without waiting 2+ weeks between issues.
Mel
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've not heard of Deadman but when I heard there was a gothic ghost story where the leading character was bi and her best friend was trans I decided to investigate. The art was gorgeous so I bought both issues that were out. I really enjoyed the story. Told in two parts it felt just the right length for a story. There was a lot of characterisation. It did seem a little puzzling why one of the ghost was wearing a red unitard, but I was willing to let that slide on account of how interesting and r ...more
Kylie
I had never even heard of Deadman before, but had my attention pulled to this series because of the subtitle harking back to one of the old DC Gothic Romance titles that I'm quite keen on. So I decided I had to try it.

That was, I feel, a good decision. The artwork is gorgeous, the storyline is interesting, and the inclusion of a nonbinary POC character is the icing on the cake. Deadman himself is a little jarring for the setting (it's the superhero costume that does it), but ultimately makes a k
Patrick
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A very solid start to this mini-series. I also love that this is prestige format. 50 pages.
The story takes a little bit to get into but I'm interested to see what's happening next. Also, it's nice to see Deadman have a book for a bit. it's been a couple years for him. The artwork was solid though out.
it's setting up to be a solid Horror comic. Or at least a ghost story.

I received an advanced copy of this from NetGalley.com and the publisher. .
Alan D.D.
Good plot, good art, and sets the ground for better things, but it was a little bit slow in the first half, so I hope things improve in the next issues.
Buena trama, buen arte, y prepara el terreno para cosas mejores, pero fue un poco lento en la primera mitad, así que espero que las cosas mejoren en los próximos números.
dogunderwater
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
really good, really lovely, really queer!
Unai
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Una historia de fantasmas en mansión encantada, con la particularidad de tener a Deadman investigando y a una chica que puede ver a los muertos que se acaba de mudar allí.
Puede resultar interesante.
Patrick
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is up there on the cusp of 5 stars but just not quite there.

The atmosphere is good. Dialogue is about right. But the subject matter is pretty darned impressive. I like a good character story and this one is anything but typical comic book fare.
Rainey
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't read Deadman in previous incarnations- Strange Adventures, Flashpoint, Injustice, etc.- but the current mini-series arc in the style of a gothic horror novel is right up my alley!
Dorothy
Grace Ziehm
Dec 17, 2016
Sarai Henderson
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What really drew me to this read was the name. I've never heard of Darkman, and the Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love just sounds so strange. I love it. The story started out a little slow for me, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Betty Jean
Nov 10, 2016
Reme
Oct 11, 2016
Mark
rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2019
Sarah Vaughn is an artist, writer, over-thinker. She's penciled Sparkshooter and is currently working with Jonathan Luna on Alex + Ada for Image Comics.

Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (3 books)
  • Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (2016) #2