Start by marking “Christmas in the Cove (Pacific Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Christmas in the Cove (Pacific Cove #1)

Christmas in the Cove

(Pacific Cove #1)

Nobody is going to hurt her—not on his watch

A DEA stealth mission has brought coast guard Lt. Commander Eli Pelletier home. But when he ends up aiding rescue swimmer Aubrey Wynn during her own harrowing mission, powerful emotions reignite between them. Except Aubrey doesn't want Eli's protection. She wants answers.

Twelve years ago, Eli broke up with Aubrey wi

Published December 1st 2016 by Harlequin Heartwarming (first published November 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in the Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in the Cove

Start your review of Christmas in the Cove (Pacific Cove #1)
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Wow! What a fantastic book!

Carol Ross always creates characters and stories and romances that immediately capture your attention and keep you captive until you’ve read the last word. In Christmas in the Cove, she also treats us to a bit of mystery and suspense – and I could not be happier!!

Right from the first few pages, we are strongly invested in Aubrey – holding our breath as she dives from a helicopter into the freezing Pacific to rescue survivors of a capsized boat. We also know (though she
Melanie
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aubrey and Eli both work for the Coast Guard and haven't seen each other in twelve years, when he left town, breaking her heart. Eli has come back as part of a task force involving drug trafficking, along with his friend, Gale, but can't tell Aubrey why he's really there. They still have plenty of chemistry and he wants a second chance with her, but, based on their past history, she's having a hard time trusting him.

I love second chance love stories and this one delivered! Eli and Aubrey were e
T. Rosado

5 STARS!!

What a great book from a favorite author. Carol Ross shifts gears a little in the beginning of this new Harlequin Heartwarming series. We still get some of her trademark humor, as well as her first-rate character and story development, but she's adds some light mystery/suspense to this one and I LOVE IT!!! It's just enough mystery and suspense to give the story a sense of urgency at times, but without taking anything away from the romance.

I was completely invested in Aubrey and Eli's r
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I enjoy second chance romances.d Eli and Aubrey fell in love as teens. Their relationship ended with unresolved issues, now as adults they reconnect and find that they still have chemistry and attraction. They must get past the past and a mystery to have a future together.

This is a "heartwarming" book. It really is...it's not that it's part of the Heartwarming line at Harlequin. :) The book takes a close look at Aubrey and Eli's relationship. The book takes it's time as they come to terms with
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This book starts you right off in the middle of an adventure. I loved that! There was no gentle build up, just me getting to know the character in the thrill of the moment. There were definitely more gentle moments after but I really liked how this book combined a bit of suspense, mystery and adventure along with the sweet romance that was happening. They were all intertwined and woven together.

Aubrey is a fun character. I love how she was so much a part of her community. Her desires to help tho
Mommaleena
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas in the Cove by Carol Ross
• mermaid and knight
Cozy small town—who dun it— Christmas mystery. Lots of emotion— hate, betrayal, secrets, heartache, but above all, love and family. I thoroughly loved reading this clean romantic mystery. There are lots of twists, turns, and suspects, so you're not sure who actually is the bad guy until the very end. GREAT Job!! I can't wait to read more on Pacific Cove from Carol. ARC received from Netgalley for an honest voluntary review.
Favorite Passag
Lynn Brooks
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet story about reconnecting with “the one that got away”. Great characters showcasing a close-knit small town with interwoven family and friends.

An undercover investigation has brought Lt. Commander Eli Pelletier home to Pacific Cove, Oregan after many years away. He reconnects with many old friends … including a very special one that he let slip through his fingers.

Coast Guard rescue swimmer Aubrey Wynn can’t believe it when she sees Eli. She’s never forgotten her childhood best friend … a
Sunnie
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author. I really enjoyed it. It was a contemporary romance but definitely a clean read. Just my style.

The book starts out with lots of action and an accidental reunion of a long separated couple. But will this reunion be possible because of their ending together? Aubry felt great loss when Eli separated from her. Why? Now after twelve years things are not so easy to forget, yet Aubry and Eli find themselves working together in their dangerous jobs.

A very intriguin
Yaritza
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a heartwarming novel that brings love together after so many years. This book had many genres all in one. It was a thriller, mystery and romance. This book opens up with a search and rescue which leaves the reader clenching for Aubrey's safety. My favorite character was Aubrey because she is not scared of anything. I loved the togetherness between Aubrey and her family. The tension between Aubrey and her pass love Eli made this book come to life. Eli was her knight in shinning armor plus he ...more
Suze Lavender
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aubrey is a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer. Swimming is her passion and she loves living by the sea and being in the water. She also likes helping people and does a lot for the Pacific Cove community. When she was a teenager Aubrey thought she'd found the love of her life, the man she'd grow old with, but Eli left her and broke her heart. Now he's back in town and Aubrey has to work with him. Eli is on a secret DEA and coast guard mission. He's trying to track a large drug traffic network and he doe ...more
Nancy
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting info on Coast Guard job of rescue swimmer. Aubrey taught swimming lessons in her free time.
Marion (dog)trained to help Nina who has epilepsy seizures.
Protecting .. secrets .. betrayal .. parental relationships & problems.
But yes it was a skim-thru .. selling for credit.
Her Mom’s talk on black-and-white very good ....
New to me author. Wonderful ending.
Maureen Hubley
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New author for me and I loved the book.
Jackalyn
Very good.
Muhemed Masika
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meant a cup of coffee by the fire place
Beth Carpenter
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, a wonderful setting, and interesting occupations add up to an excellent story. The two main characters grew up together playing rescue swimmer, and both realized their dream. Their dreams of a life together, however, didn't materialize. Secrets and duty came between them, and are coming between them again. Can love find a way through?
Rhonda
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Liked the strong female lead. Good story flow and characters. Christmas time makes for good reading. Highly recommend.
Books and Spoons
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
A charming and tender tale about friends, second chances, with a dash of suspense and intrigue mixed in.
Aubrey and Eli's reunion set them both back immediately by twelve years, the last time they were together. It was like no time had gone by, the feelings, the old habits, the intense protectiveness Eli had towards her was immediately there. And that, with their break-up history, is what was tainting their reconciliation.
But of course, there's more to the past events that either of them was aw
Diane
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this excellent read from Carol Ross because of the exciting Search and Rescue storyline and because I enjoy anticipating the arrival of Christmas through my love of reading. Toss in some taut suspenseful mystery and sweet romance, and I'm a very happy reader. Aubrey Wynn is an experienced and dedicated rescue swimmer with the U. S. Coast Guard in Pacific Cove, Oregon. Whether she's pulling stranded victims out of the restless sea, or being lowered to the deck of a failing vessel ...more
Christy
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading Christmas books! They’re usually so sweet and heartwarming, and this is the case with Christmas in the Cove. But this isn’t just a sweet, heartwarming book. It is a book filled with excitement and suspense too.

Aubrey has a very dangerous job as a coast guard rescue swimmer, but it fits her personality perfectly. Not only does she love helping people, but she also loves to be in control. Her job allows her to do both. She’s very passionate about teaching people to swim which leads
Linda
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This clean romance is a bit of a departure from Carol Ross's Seasons of Alaska books, since it's set in Oregon and has a little more suspense than that series. But it was just as good--Ms. Ross is a writer I enjoy reading, and she didn't disappoint me here.

I personally liked that the suspense wasn't the focus of the whole book--there was also a lot of focus on my favorite angle of any book, the character relationships. And not just romance, but family as well. I appreciated that Aubrey and Eli
Stella Potts
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Carol Ross. Just the right amount of Romance and Suspense to keep the reader hanging onto every page. Aubrey and Eli were in love in high school and then Eli broke her heart by breaking up and leaving Pacific Cove. They are back working together after 12 years and finding that their love is still strong. But there are things going on that Eli cannot tell Aubrey and in trying to protect her he drives her away. Can they put all the mistakes behind them and find a lasting rela ...more
Kate Vale
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr Eli Pelletier is more than he was when he left Pacific Cove 12 years ago. Aubry Wynn, also in the Coast Guard, knows Eli, but is unaware that he's on a DEA mission and what he can't tell her keeps him from her in more ways than one, including romantically, in spite of the kisses they share.

To make matters worse, what's going on in the Cove has now threatened Aubrey's sister and the contest Aubrey has helped the little town engage in with an eye toward bringing more tourists
Vicki Highley
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Christmas story with romance and a mystery or two and a very surprising ending. Pacific Cove, Oregon is a small town that goes all out for Christmas and you wish you were there. I really enjoyed the crab feed and race. Aubrey Wynn is with the Coast Guard Search and Rescue and during a rescue a ghost from the past appears. Eli Pelletier is the man who broke her heart and now returns to review SAR training procedures. But he has secrets and they can and will affect the rebuilding of hi ...more
Charline Bonham
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
Eli Pelletier is back in his home town to find out what is going on with the drug traffic. Being in the Coast Guard gives him the perfect cover except he knows most of the people and it is hard to believe old friends would be involved. Aubrey is a rescue swimmer in the coast guard and an old flame. It's hard for Eli not to over protect her and this suggests he does not respect her abilities. Can they learn to trust each other again before someone does cause harm? Started to read the first few pa ...more
Lori Hammons
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eli and Aubrey's story is a classic tale of people making assumptions. For twelve years they live apart from one another after breaking up a teenagers. They never stopped loving one another and must learn to talk to each other about the things they think they are protecting each other from to find peace and their love once again. I figured out the bad guy right along with the characters in the story. This an excellent suspense love story.
Melissa Henderson
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A story that kept me reading page after page and not wanting to put the book down. Fast paced action involving Coast Guard rescues, suspected illegal activity and maybe a second chance at romance. I liked the way this author gave descriptions and information about the characters, their emotions and their daily lives. Will Eli and Aubrey get a second chance? Trusting once again can be hard. Good story. I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my honest, personal opinion.
Jessica Figueroa
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought that this book was a nice enough read but I feel like it was too long. It dragged at some points and when things starting to pick up it was good but I had a hard time trying to keep up with this book until those points. If you love books with the one that got away, second chances kinda thing and throw in a bit of mystery then your going to want to check out this book.
Patricia
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is a very good story. i did not see that coming at the end. if you like suspense and romance with laughter included you will love this book i was given the book as an advance copy, and i as giving an honest review. i am looking forward to reading more by Carol Ross.
Harlequin Books
received 5 stars @ harlequin.com (as of 12/10/2016). To view reviews, go HERE> http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.ht... ...more
Nancy Morse
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Want to read the rest of the series when I get time.

• Finding Her Amish Love
  • Starry Night
  • The Forest Ranger's Christmas (The Forest Rangers #7)
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)
  • A Canyon Springs Courtship
  • A Gift for Santa (Northern Lights #2)
  • The River Girls (Mercy Harbor Thriller, #1)
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)
  • Single Dad Seeks...
  • Live and Lime Die (Key Lime Cozy Mysteries Book 8)
  • Murder at the Carnival (Cottonwood Springs Cozy Mystery #12)
  • Winter's Proposal (Adams Dynasty #3)
  • Hitting the Jackpot: Romantic Suspense in Palm Springs
  • The Look-Alike
  • Come Back to Me (Blessings, Georgia, #6)
  • Abandon Mint (Sweet Shop Mystery #8)
  • Drizzle of Death (Baker Street Cozy Mysteries #4)
  • Maverick Holiday Magic (Montana Mavericks: Six Brides for Six Brothers Book 2725)
USA Today and national bestselling author Carol Ross grew up in small-town America right between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, in a place where you can go deep sea fishing in the morning and then hit the ski slopes the same afternoon. The daughter of free-range parents, she developed a love of adventure and the outdoors at a very early age. She’s grateful for the “research material” ...more

Pacific Cove (3 books)
  • Summer at the Shore
  • Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)