Start by marking “Black (Clashing Colors #1)” as Want to Read:
Black (Clashing Colors #1)

Black (Clashing Colors #1)

"Some people grow up with caring families, summer camps, and birthday parties.
Not me!
If you saw me, your first thought would be: Goth girl – and then you would look the other way, like everyone else.
But that’s okay, I get it, and I don’t care.
Caring is a luxury I can’t afford. My life isn’t about caring. It’s about surviving, and it’s been that way ever since I ran away fr
Published September 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Find this and more reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

This book is very deep and a little weird somtimes

From the beginning I found this super interesting plot abou a girl with a very hard life that had to fend for herself in the streets without knowing what the familiar love is, without anyone to worry about her, with this mother who made horrible things with her , and this absent father that never helped her in any way , the truth that there was a lot of material to stay hooked with the story
Teri
Sep 07, 2016 Teri rated it really liked it
She is called Black for a reason. So much pain, sadness, and rejection in life has also helped her hide behind a mask of black, Gothic style. Then her life is turned upside down and in walks Gabriel. An unorthodox camp and some regression treatments and Bruce help her to find Cia. Cia still has a few issues to work out but the difference is she is learning to face her demons and deal with the things in her life that have gotten her to where she is.
Cia isn't the only one with issues. With a bundl
Betti Anderson
Apr 04, 2017 Betti Anderson rated it it was amazing
When i bought that book i was not sure were it would take me, but surprise it was great! I love it. Sometimes I got a little anoyed about the male character an his pussy behaviour, but it turned out well.

I have to agree with the main charackter that some things in her therapy can't be legal, but still it was soooo funny to watch her get over with the situations.

This book was funny, earnest, hilarious and truly enjoyable. I would recommend it without bad Feelings :}.
Chelon
Feb 28, 2017 Chelon rated it liked it
Good book with an interesting funny approach to a flawed character overcoming her issues. I loved the H, but hated that he had to bend and beg so much just to have her. I would have loved the story more if some of of the h's realizations were of her own doing and not what others manipulated her into. While her life was rough and terrible at times, she made destructive choices not once is she really held accountable for her words or choices in their relationship. I didn't feel enough of a transfo ...more
Samantha Hopkins
Jan 23, 2017 Samantha Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Atlanta Whitlock
Sep 07, 2016 Atlanta Whitlock rated it it was amazing
After reading The Slave Series by Elin Peer I was excited to see what else she could write as I loved her writing style, however when I picked up this book she has seriously outdone herself. This book is so emotional and it will make you feel emotions that you didn't expect to feel when reading it. I seriously loved Black as in a way the way she felt about her parents I can kind of relate to, don't get be wrong I haven't ran away from home haven't stolen anything but I have experienced neglect a ...more
Bouke Sieperda
Feb 23, 2017 Bouke Sieperda rated it it was amazing
Black!
A outstanding high level book
which has a very strong opening in the first chapter,which pics up the interest of the reader
right from the start!and keeps you into a continues reading straight to the end!
It has also a high level of psychology in it which brings the story up to high value!
A lovely storyline and exellent story on its own and actual theme!\
Different from the regular story which makes it more or less unique!
having nice characters in the role play!
its the first serie book and
Vanessa Moreno
Jun 21, 2017 Vanessa Moreno rated it it was amazing
I was scrolling through my IPad looking for something different to read and came across this book, the cover/name caught my eye. Darcia ; independent, strong, artist, troubled/dark youth, secretly just wants to be loved. Gabriel ; strong, caring, family is very important, military, is a giver whose previous g.f. ended up using him. This book had a great flow, easy to read, well developed characters, and a HEA :) I can't wait to read the next book in the series, based on her friend Violet. This b ...more
Nicki White
Feb 28, 2017 Nicki White rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie this book starts of really good, gets a little weird ( but the weirdness does get sorted out) and good again. It took me less than 24 hours to read and I have 4 kids. The book is well written and a is very easy read. The story keeps you in, you want to find out more about these characters. The how they became this way, where are they going and what will become of them..
I loved the multiple name changes of Black , she was shown in so many different ways that she really could
John Easom
Feb 24, 2017 John Easom rated it really liked it
I started to read this book sometime last year and got sidetracked halfway through. Sad really because I found this love story to be rather good.

Elen writes both from the head and the heart. Her research is either very thorough or she has a degree in psychology. Either way the protagonists confront very real situations and the way they react is so believable I was so drawn in as an invisible observer I almost felt the experiences.

Be prepared to be elated and to cry, many times.

I vacillated betw
Jennifer Baysinger
Feb 25, 2017 Jennifer Baysinger rated it it was ok
The therapy is very out there, and hard for some to read or even think about. I did wonder as I was reading it how they went from that to a happy ending romance. It starts to make since, but I still don't think it's realistic that way. - I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Jennifer Mertz
Although this is the first book by Elin Peer I have read, I am now a huge fan. This book was hard to put down and I can honestly say little got done while I was reading it.

Cia has had a rough beginning to her life. Knowing that no one really wanted her the loneliness inside of her fester into the use of drugs. Her step uncle Gabriel comes to her rescue and gets her into a treatment camp. I can honestly say that some of the situations had me laughing so hard I though I would fall out of my chair.
Roger
Feb 16, 2017 Roger added it
I like Elin Peer’s writing. As good as her Slave books are, Black is better! The characters are well developed, the story line somewhat unique in its beginning. I had to read this book in less than a day I was so caught up in the story line. I look forward to the rest of the books in the series, just need to buy them, so many books, so little time.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 18, 2016 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read by the author. I didn't know what to expect and I have to admit I read the blurb wrong but I still enjoyed it. I thought this was going to be a step sibling story (see that's where I read the blurb wrong). Gabriel is Black's step uncle. There is no blood relation and they didn't grow up knowing each so there's not really any creepiness in there relationship.
Gabriel has a huge heart. He didn't even know Black existed but when he finds out she does, he right there to
Wendy Douglas
Jan 31, 2017 Wendy Douglas rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about BLACK before I got it, but I'm SO GLAD I DID! I really loved this book.

Gabriel was a wonderful hero. I really liked him. Black was a tougher heroine. She did some things that weren't in her best interest, that were short-sighed and fearful, even a little selfish. That said, the author did an excellent job of setting up Black's character so we understood exactly why she acted and reacted the way she did.

Some of it was a little odd--the therapy stuff--but I went with it. As it
Cassandra Taylor
Sep 12, 2016 Cassandra Taylor rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

5 Stars

I loved this book. It is written fantastically.

Black is a troubled girl who ran away from home at a young age and has been stealing things to get buy.

Gabriel is a retired soldier who has just returned from duty, when he finds out about Black he vows to help her get back on her feet.

After being caught stealing pills from a pharmacy Black ends up going to a treatment centre and Gabriel goes with her. The treatment camp is a little unorthodox
Erika Patrick
Sep 22, 2016 Erika Patrick rated it it was amazing
I have followed every book that Elin Peer has written and I have loved them all. Black is no exception. At first I was unsure of the familial relationship between Cia and Gabriel but once you understand the background it was not an issue. This book will without a doubt make you laugh, bring tears to your eyes, and it will make you angry. Cia is such a broken individual. Your heart goes out to her. Elin wanted to try a different series than the Slave series. She definitely did a great job of comi ...more
Rochelle Sumner Kroesen
Sep 06, 2016 Rochelle Sumner Kroesen rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that grabs your attention right from the start and you don't want to put it down until it's finished. I loved watching Black's transformation, I felt like I was actually there watching the whole thing. This book took me on a beautiful emotional journey. I laughed, I cried and cursed a lot. I also loved a lot of the secondary characters, they were so well written I felt like I knew them. It was so beautifully written and I Can't wait for the second book in this series.
Bruce Midgley
Oct 31, 2016 Bruce Midgley rated it it was amazing
I was going to say another great book from new author Elin Peer. But not so. This is another great book by accomplished author Elin Peer. After having read and thoroughly enjoyed the slave series of books, I wondered whether she could continue to captivate us with an entirely different theme. The characters are real, a cleverly thought out story line, a weird but likeable therapist and some hot sex scenes. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Sarah Armstrong
Sep 19, 2016 Sarah Armstrong rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

This was my first book by elin, & I really enjoyed going through Black & G's journey. Can't wait for more from this series.
Louma Pretorius
Sep 20, 2016 Louma Pretorius rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome...
Sheryl Gooden
Sheryl Gooden rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Jenna Snap
Apr 23, 2017 Jenna Snap rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my, Elin has done it again. She is now my favorite author. How unique and rare story Elin written again. Every story I've read of hers always have a plot that is unbelievably complex and wonderful. Her characters are so tangled into a world that is exclusive to surprise the reader. I loved how the characters were entangled into this dark, yet beautiful world of strange ways of helping Black because Cia with the help of handsome Gabriel. I can not wait to read the rest of this series while I r ...more
Mia Beck
Mia Beck rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2017
ShontyNZ
ShontyNZ rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2016
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Elin Peer
Aug 24, 2016 Elin Peer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
People who know Elin say that she's the kind of person you end up telling your darkest and deepest secrets to, even though you never intended to.

Maybe that's where she gets her inspiration for her books. One thing is for sure: Elin is not afraid to provoke, shock, touch, and excite you when she writes about unwanted desire, forbidden passion, and all those damn emotions in between.

Elin is around
More about Elin Peer...

Clashing Colors (5 books)
  • Violet (Clashing Colors #2)
  • Green (Clashing Colors #3)
  • Blue (Clashing Colors #4)
  • Yellow (Clashing Colors #5)

“You should only fall in love with a person who enjoys your madness. Not an idiot who forces you to be normal.” 1 likes
“They told me I'm crazy, but my unicorn says I'm just fine” 1 likes