Start by marking “A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)

A Conjuring of Light

(Shades of Magic #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  44,335 Ratings  ·  7,190 Reviews
The battle between four magical Londons comes to a head in this stunning finale to the New York Times bestselling Shades of Magic trilogy by rising star V. E. Schwab

London's fall and kingdoms rise while darkness sweeps the Maresh Empire—and the fraught balance of magic blossoms into dangerous territory while heroes and foes struggle alike. The direct sequel to A Gathering
Published 2017 by Titan Books
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about A Conjuring of Light, please sign up.
Bhavya Yep. She's been using a particular term while answering the question and saying that this is the last book for the arc. So there is a potential for…moreYep. She's been using a particular term while answering the question and saying that this is the last book for the arc. So there is a potential for more from this world but characters wise this is probably the end of this charaters. (less)

Victoria Schwab
With ACOL hitting shelves this month, I guess it's time to finally mark it as read...I don't know what else to say, except I've never been prouder of a book, and I really hope my readers enjoy the end of this journey.
Regan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hot damn.
Cait • A Page with a View
(No major spoilers). I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Oh my goodness I adore these characters and that ending was everything I wanted. The final books in trilogies are usually my least favorite because they can't possibly live up to all of my expectations... but this was perfect.

"I've got a bad feeling," he whispered...

"A piece of magic is parading as a god, a poisoned fog is destroying London, and three Antari are sparring aboard our ship. I'd be worried if you didn't."

The plot hit the ground runnin
Ben Alderson
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NO FAULTS.
AMAZING.
I LOVED IT.
IM CRYING.
anoshe

ANNNNOOOOOOOOSHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i hope she does a spin off!
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I.... don't know what to do with myself. I am so completely overwhelmed with emotions and so far past blown away... and now I'm trying to write a review for one of the greatest stories ever told.

"Love and loss," he said, "are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be."

You guys... if you haven't picked up this series... start it now. As an aspiring author... I pra
Petrik
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As of now, this is the number one most overrated and worst trilogy that I've ever read so far.

“Anoshe brought solace. And hope. And the strength to let go.”

No need for Anoshe, I don’t need any additional strength to let go of this series. Let it be known here that I won’t be reading any more books written by VE Schwab. This is where I must part way with her works. Trust me it’s better for me to do this. For her fans, I’m happy that you love her series but you don’t want to see me rant and ra
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
The reason I am giving this book a 2 stars is because I expected so much more from both this book & this series overall and I am not very satisfied with the development or the ending. Schwab had so much potential going into this series, but ultimately I find myself very let down.

I honestly don't know how to review this book without spoilers and so from this point on there will be unmarked spoilers for the entire series.

***SPOILER ALERT TURN BACK NOW***

I feel as though this final installment
Samantha
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2018
No one is more stunned by this rating than me. For a series in which I was neutral on the first book and hated the second, this is one of my favorite finales. ..... I am confusion. Pleasant confusion... but confusion...
C.G. Drews
In case you had any doubts...THIS BOOK WAS SHEER FRIKKIN PERFECTION AND I'M A DAMAGED MESS. HI. I mean, how do I even review this. I don't think I really will?? I don't want to give spoilers. I just want to say (a) VE Schwab is a writing queen and wonder, (b) this is exactly what a series conclusion should be like, (c) i hurt man i hurt so bad in the best possible way, and (d) it was perfecccccccccccccctttttttt.

SMALL LIST OF THINGS I LOVE
• Kell's coat. I'm not saying this lightly, it is literall
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
WELL.

This was an intense read, and I LOVED every moment of it (even when I was crying and in pain). A magnificent book and conclusion to a series. These characters have stolen my heart and run off with it. I don't mind, though.

Thanks Red & Kassie for buddy reading with me and making this reading experience so magical <3
Simona Bartolotta
“Myths do not happen all at once.”

You would not be wrong in thinking of me as a girl of few certainties.

“...They do not spring forth whole into the world.”

The usual ones: the love of my family, my love for them, and one big dream -we all have one of those, even when we don't know we do- that keeps me going.

“...They form slowly, rolled between the hands of time until their edges smooth...”

There are also one or two things peculiar to me alone, of course. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to be
jessica
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
why on earth am i so emotional right now!?!?! its been awhile since a conclusion to a series has hit me so hard. goodness, my heart is full.

i loved that this picked up immediately where ‘a gathering of shadows’ left off. it was such a quick dive straight into the conclusion and this final book really has the best qualities of the previous two - more marvellous world building is at play as the characters travel beyond the city of london, and touching backstories/flashbacks are present to give ev
Kai
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“A myth without a voice is like a dandelion without a breath of wind.
No way to spread the seeds.”

Victoria Schwab is my favourite. I've read every one of her books, from The Archived to The Near Witch, This Savage Song and Vicious. Alright, not the middle grade/childrens books, but I feel like I'm a little too old for that.
I love her. She is one amazing, badass author. She has such a beautiful mind, she writes the most fantastic, dark and thrilling stories. She is truly unique and I'm so excited
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
LORD HAVE MERCY! THIS BOOK!

I was so afraid to go into it because I just knew everyone was going to die and that would be it, THEN END! Yes, people died. Yes, I let out some tears at parts. Yes, it was amaze balls. Yes, there was a lot of blood and violence. Yes, there was evil and magic and good. YES! YES! YES!

I love Rhy, Kell, Lila and Alucard so much. I even started to love ole Holland. There are other side people too. ❤

There is so much stuff going on. It starts right out of the gate and just
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
#1 A Darker Shade of Magic ★★★★★
#2 A Gathering of Shadows ★★★★★
#3 A Conjuring of Light ★★★★★

I’ve been putting off writing this review for a month, which is about the same length of time I put off finishing the book itself, because I simply have not been prepared to say goodbye to this trilogy. Reading these three books has been one of the most emotional, anxiety-inducing, and genuinely magical experiences of my entire life. I have so much to say, with no idea how to express any of it.

“Love and
Patient Name: Pragya Maresh Bard
Status: DEAD
Cause of death: Unknown; possible sources: V.E. Schwab
Symptoms: Screaming; thrashing; crying profusely; repeatedly muttering lila bard
Diagnosis: WHAT THE FUCK I AM DEAD HOLY SHIT

SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT SANCT S
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Updated 9/11/17:
I will be crying for the next 75 years. This was perfection. It was such a good conclusion.

▪▪▪
UMMMMM so I finished A Gathering of Shadows and placed an order for this book within 10 minutes. It only took so long because I had to find my credit card. GIMME.
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
DNF 39%

Disclaimer: It's not the book, it might just be me!

Here is the thing, i thoroughly enjoyed Darker Shades of Magic and Gathering of Shadows! However, having to wait an entire year has ruined this series for me. I no longer care about the plot or give any shits about what happens to these characters. I've simply moved on, it seems. This is precisely why i loath starting unfinished series. I am sure it's not a bad book but since i didn't like however much i read, i can't rate it any higher.
Anne
Ehhhhhh.
I finished this one a while back, but I just couldn't decide how I felt about it.
I mean, it was ok. Nothing was horribly wrong, and I certainly didn't feel pissed off when I closed the book. It just left me with this vaguely meh feeling.
Like...why did I read all of this?
This was, at 624 pages, a HUGE book. <--for me!
I know some of you read massive tomes every night before bed, but I usually snack on comic books or fluffy romance novels, so when these bigguns don't deliver I feel a t
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I was incredibly excited to read the last book in this series and wow was it action packed.
Almost too much if that's possible.

I definitely enjoyed it (and recommend it!) but it wasn't as good as the two other ones in my opinion. I overall liked how things were wrapped up at the end but I felt like Lila's character was a bit one-dimensional.

More in my wrap up at the end of the month!
Melanie

1.) A Darker Shade of Magic ★★★
2.) A Gathering of Shadows ★★★

I have read one book in this series every year for the BooktubeSFF Awards. And every year I enjoy what I’m reading, I close the book pretty pleased, and then I sit down to write my review and start thinking about how these are suc
destini mia
the only reason i haven't skewered and started roasting myself like a kabob for not finishing A Conjuring of Light the first time around is because i finished it the second time and appreciated it for all that it is worth, dEAR LORd.

you know that feeling when you've just walked out of the theater after watching a bomb! ass! movie! that has literally changed your entire being because you've, like, dementored the shit out of it and feel like you're 73% what you've just watched.

that's how i feel a
Ashley Nuckles
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If A Gathering of Shadows deserved 100+ stars, A Conjuring of Light deserves 10x that many. I have no words. This series is honestly my favorite out of everything I've ever read and I just want to reread the first one now that it's all over! My heart is so happy. Anoshe ADSOM.
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
4.25 Stars

Overview:

“Anoshe was a word for strangers in the street, and lovers between meetings, for parents and children, friends and family. It softened the blow of leaving.”

Okay, I know my rating is picky and oddly specific, but it’s true. I enjoyed this more than AGOS (making it my favorite of the series) but it's still just shy of 5 stars.

In fact, that's what I rated it in a blind-emotional fury immediately after I finished. Because there was a lot I loved. ...But also some stuff I didn
rin (lorenzo)
Anoshe brought
Maram
"A myth without a voice is like a dandelion without a breath of wind. No way to spread the seeds."
Too. Much. Feels.
hElp.

hysterical crying photo rw1qzj8x3.gif
This is hands down my FAVORITE book from the Shades of Magic trilogy! It's rare for me to be satisfied with a conclusion to a series as a lot of the times the spark gets lost along the way but not in ACOL's case. It has everything I want in a conclusion and more!
• We get to see a different and a more in-depth side of some of our characters (ehem, my bby Holland *_*). However,
Piera
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly beautiful ending to an incredible series. Schwab never disappoints and this book, as well as the first two, were phenomenal.
April
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm a mess inside. Nope. This series is not over. Never the less this book was such a perfect wrap to this series. It was beautiful and heartbreaking. Definitely deserves all the stars. "Anoshe - until another day."
Adina
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sf, ya
Yes, finally a novel that keeps me hooked and eager to turn the page. It’s been a while.

The third and final volume in the Shades of Magic YA fantasy trilogy is everything it should be. It has plenty of action and drama although it slows down the pace from time to time to allow some breathing. There is death, as one should expect after the end of the 2nd volume, there is pain and loss but also hope, love and happiness.

The characters finally grow up and Lila is not so damn annoying, only a littl
Sana
*MAJOR spoilers ahead. THEY WILL NOT BE MARKED* like, seriously they are all over the place, you've been warned.
lol so, fuck this book for not giving me the ending i wanted. who am i kidding though, the day i started reading this book, Schwab decided it was a good day to HIGHLIGHT THE FUCKING ENDING for this damn book and spread that shit all over my feed. people commented the ending and my fucking traitorous eyes saw that damn spoiler so, \_(ツ)_/

like, even though i knew that poor bby Holland
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • #girlnovel
  • Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons, #3)
  • Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)
Also publishes under Goodreads Author, Victoria Schwab

Victoria has stated that books published under V.E. Schwab are adult releases and those under Victoria Schwab are YA.

Shades of Magic (3 books)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Final Winter (Damienverse, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)
  • One Rainy Night
    $4.49 $0.99
“Anoshe was a word for strangers in the street, and lovers between meetings, for parents and children, friends and family. It softened the blow of leaving. Eased the strain of parting. A careful nod to the certainty of today, the mystery of tomorrow. When a friend left, with little chance of seeing home, they said anoshe. When a loved one was dying, they said anoshe. When corpses were burned, bodies given back to the earth and souls to the stream, those left grieving said anoshe.

Anoshe brought solace. And hope. And the strength to let go.”
420 likes
“Love and loss,” he said, “are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be.” 417 likes