Start by marking “Yoga Mind & Body (DK Living)” as Want to Read:
Yoga Mind & Body (DK Living)

Yoga Mind & Body (DK Living)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  283 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Written by the London Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, part of a worldwide network of teaching facilities that promote the teachings of ancient science of Yoga, Yoga Mind & Body is a positive guide to improved health, happiness and spiritual wellbeing.
Published 1998 by DK (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Yoga Mind & Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoga Mind & Body

WR
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-body
Very simple and insightful book for anyone interested in Yoga. I liked this book particularly because it lists the beneficial aspects beside every pose. This book continues to change my life each and every day. I highly recommend it!
Sandrine Legal
Aug 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a pity I haven't discovered this book in the beginning of my yoga practice, the main postures and breathing techniques are described in details, with the help of many pictures, the common faults and the possible variations. The philosophy of yoga is pretty well explained without getting too much into details, so it is ideal for somebody who wants to discover yoga and is also a useful reference book when getting more experienced.
Heather
May 07, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book touches on many traditional aspects of yogic practice. If you want to know more about the cleansing rituals and fasting, this is a good book to accompany you on a path with an experienced teacher.
Azar Hoseininejad
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yoga-meditation

ام

اَئوم، اُم. والاترین و آرمانی ترین مانترا می باشد
ام شبدارهمن یا صوتی که جهان را می آفریند، نام باستانی برای تئوری «صدای انفجار بلند» دانشمندان امروزی می باشد. ام همه صداها، همه ارتعاشات و همه مانتراها است.
Amanda
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, yoga
This is a very thorough overview of yoga, including basic postures and their benefits, yogic philosophy, and diet. It is a great text to refer back to from time to time, as I often do.
Nona Williams
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful for my hatha yoga practice.
Amy
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful book in the Eyewitness series that lays out the basics of the teachings I gathered from my time at the Sivananda Ashram in Grass Valley, CA. I love this style of yoga.
Fred Mephisto
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't believe you could do better than this book for a practical introduction to hatha yoga. I refer to it often for years.
Jamie
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have moved onto my next new pursuits- guitar and yoga. Reading this as an introduction, the whole philosophy is very intriguing.
Flying Cat
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quyển sách như một giáo trình về Yoga, nhờ có nó mà hiểu biết và sự gắn bó với bộ môn này của mình được bền hơn vì những điểm về Yoga nó đề cập đến rất chi tiết.

Không như những cuốn Yoga mình từng đọc chỉ đơn thuần mô tả động tác, sách này đề cập đến cả thiền định, cách thở, ăn uống, tư duy tích... theo lối sống của một yogi.

Chưa kể đến phần nhận thức về cơ thể con người có rất rất nhiều lớp thú vị và có phần huyền bí vì mình chưa chứng thực được và nó rất khác với y học phương tây (về Linh hồn,
  • The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga
  • Power Yoga: The Total Strength and Flexibility Workout
  • Blogging All-In-One for Dummies
  • Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
  • The Invisible Force: 365 Ways to Apply the Power of Intention to Your Life
  • Sweat Your Prayers
  • Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • Back Care Basics: A Doctor's Gentle Yoga Program for Back and Neck Pain Relief
  • Mudras - Yoga in Your Hands
  • Complete Guide to Sewing
  • France
  • Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
  • The Language Of Yoga: Complete A To Y Guide To Āsana Names, Sanskrit Terms, And Chants
  • The Secret Language of Destiny
  • Sivananda Companion to Yoga
  • Pilates Body in Motion
  • Yoga
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...