Start by marking “The Dear God Letters” as Want to Read:
The Dear God Letters

Read Book

The Dear God Letters

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
You are not alone. Not for one minute, not for one second do you ever need to feel alone. This is a year's journal of letters, letters to God. Not the God that is supposed to be feared, nor the God that will strike you down if you do something 'wrong'. It's not a religious book. This is a book that will bring you comfort, serenity and peace in a crazy world. Claire writes ...more
Published August 10th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Dear God Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dear God Letters

Jules
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Dear God Letters is an interesting read. It is a mix of religious, spiritual, self-help, and had a journal feel to it with it containing the author’s thoughts and feelings throughout one year of her life.

I liked the format of this book, especially where each month began with a description of that particular month in relation to nature and the weather. It was very visual and descriptive.

The thing that felt quite unusual about the format of this book, is that most self-help books I’ve read in
❤️Alice & Sorina❤️
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won the book" The Dear God Letter" on goodreads giveaway.
This book is very interesting and makes you reflect on religions and their values. It gives you concern to ask questions about the things happening in the world and look for reasons and answers.
I recommend this book to all the readers who are interested in spiritual self help in daily life.
Jane
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to recieve this advanced reader's copy of "The Dear God Letters" from the author Claire H Perkins.
First of all I have to say that this is not my usual genre, however like with her first book that I reviewed, I enjoyed reading it, it made you think.

The Dear God Letters is a month by month account of Claire's feelings, outlook on life and her hopes and fears throughout the year, she shares these not only with us but with her God, I say "her God" because everyone's idea of "
Misfits farm
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am not a religious person- at all. However this could be retitled “Letters to my other self”. Claire has a conversation with “God” who is her voice of reason. Let me explain a little further. We all have doubts and fears and wants and needs. However when you take a moment to look at things in reality we can all appreciate what we have as opposed to want, need etc. This is a book about having more of a positive outlook which everyone should read. All those that complain at the slightest thing, ...more
Jennie Rosenblum
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
So glad I read this after Claire's Life Purpose Book as it was the perfect supplement and more of a how to to issues explored in the first book. A small sized life affirming book containing a lot of wonderful ideas presented in a letter format.
Linda Lassman
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was lucky to receive an advanced reader's copy of "The Dear God Letters" by Claire H Perkins and Wow - it has really made me think.

The book reads like a gratitude journal but with something more….This is a month by month collection of Claire’s questions and feelings shared with her God (and with us). Claire begins each month with a seasonal description and I can almost smell the “beautiful scented purple flowers” in May, and feel the change in the air as we get to the “stillness and crispness
Michelle Ryles
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-read
It is a unique experience to read what is inside someone's mind and I felt that Claire H Perkins has really bared her soul in The Dear God Letters. It was a privilege and an honour to read her thoughts and it is a book that I would read and refer to again.

I loved how the book was written in months with each chapter starting with a little paragraph which perfectly captured the essence of the month itself. The questions and thoughts within are deep and meaningful with some eye-opening answers from
lynda lewis
Carol Ann
SALLY WHITE
Jackie Morris
Mar 02, 2017
Making Connections: 4776. - THE DEAR GOD LETTERS by Claire H. Perkins 3 24 Aug 21, 2017 10:16AM
Claire H Perkins lives in St Albans, UK with her beloved husband Melville and Henry, a much adored Cocker Spaniel. She has spent over twenty five years learning all about human spiritual growth and self-help. Claire is a Reiki Master, an EFT Practitioner and has certification in professional stress management.

She enjoys walking along the many pretty nature trails, among the trees and by the lakes
More about Claire H. Perkins
“You create your life. The circumstances, the people that come into it the adventures and the ups and downs. Create a life you love” 0 likes