Start by marking “Captain Black Shadow” as Want to Read:
Captain Black Shadow

Captain Black Shadow

The life of a shipwright's son is a quiet one, always staying in one place while sailors of all sorts pass through, telling tales of their daring escapades to any who will listen. For the young Griffin, stories of adventure aren't enough; he longs to see the world for himself, to have adventures out on the ocean, and to captain his own ship. Even if that means abandoning h ...more
Published August 16th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Captain Black Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Black Shadow

Tiarnán Murphy
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fasinating story following well developed characters in a well built world.
Cillian
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, low fantasy, coming of age/ adventure story.
More than anything I love the lively and relatable characters. I always find myself wanting to know more about the characters, getting to know them better all the time.
The story has a slightly slow but steady pace but I feel this highlights the ultimate climax at the end of the book.
I'll be waiting impatiently for the rest of the books in the series as I did for this one to be published.
I would say that this book is an enjoyable read i
Peter H
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I began reading Captain Black Shadow expecting a pirate-filled, fantasy-adventure novel about a boy finding his place in the world. And it certainly delivered on that front! But it also delivered an enormously diverse group of characters, whose backgrounds, story-arcs and individual characterisations are not only interesting, but very real too - and often evoked equally real emotions from me.

These wonderful characters, set against the backdrop of a world which also felt incredibly real and flesh
Pablo López Córdoba
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book was great.
I was intrigued until the end and now I can't wait to read the next one!
I'm pretty sure that Janina Franck will go far.
Cheers
Eimear
added it
Sep 17, 2016
Janina
Sep 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Once upon a time, Janina was born in the Black Forest in Germany. Growing up there, she shared a room with many of her bookish friends, and by that, shall we say, they were the paper and ink kind. Her imagination spurred by her environment and choice in company, she began writing at a young age.
Later on, she moved to the emerald island of legends and myths, Ireland, where she completed her basic