Start by marking “The Cat's Quizzer” as Want to Read:
The Cat's Quizzer

The Cat's Quizzer

(The Cat in the Hat)

Are you smarter than Ziggy and Zizzy Zozzfozzel? Get quizzed by the Cat in the Hat in this classic Beginner Book by Dr. Seuss! Do fish sleep with one eye open? What do they call one-eyed eyeglasses? Are snails faster than turtles? How many will you get right? (The Zozzfozzels got them ALL wrong!) Featuring a mixture of picture puzzles, logic tricks, and silly questions, Th ...more
Paperback, Classic Collection, 64 pages
Published September 20th 1990 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat's Quizzer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat's Quizzer

Calista
There is not a story here. This is little quizzes on each page and they are trying to trick you. Some of the answers are neither one. One question that got me was how old do you have to be president. I was confident in my answer of 40. I don't know if they actually taught it in class or it's my memory, but in my school, I remember being taught the VP has to be 35 and the president has to be 40. I looked it up on the google and it's 35, so I had that fact incorrect. See, I learned something from ...more
Beyond the Pages
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids thoroughly enjoyed the teasers in this book. They couldn't get enough of trying to figure out what was what. Gotta love that!
Samantha
A book that entirely consists of questions. Some questions have real answers, some not so clearly, all are silly, but a few are pretty clever. The tone is great. As the questions get zanier and multiply, the Cat becomes exhausted. There are plenty of spreads that engage the reader, especially the last challenge to find 100 H's.

Overall, a great independent read.
Maria
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a Dr. Seuss book filled with Seussian questions. A lot of them are trick questions. The questions are rather random, and the answers can be quite funny. Still, this is a hard one to read for the very little kids as they may not know many answers and may get mad at being tricked. (Do pineapples grow on pine trees or apple trees? Neither they grow on a pineapple bush.)
Sidney Chumbler
This is not my favorite Dr. Seuss book, because it is more of a question and interactive book. It has puzzles and different fun things for kids to do. This is not a good read aloud book, but kids do enjoy it to look through and see if they can outsmart the Cat in the Hat.
April
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Elisa Pereyra-Molina
Paul Reed
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it when it said "are there flash darks when it is light?"
Wayne
Mar 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun. Just one question though, why is it that Dr. Seuss got it right in this book that bees with a stinger on their behind, but in his other books the bees have stingers on their noses?
Stewart
Aug 15, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-longer-own, kiddie
I hate this book. I hid it so my son won't ask me to read it to him.
Stephanie
My daughter read this to us all at dinner. It was fun!
Sarah Kat
~Read a book out loud to someone else
~Read a book originally published in the decade you were born
~Read a book under 100 pages
Natalie Pietro
May 20, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dr-seuss
It's really hard to read a joke book to a infant. I'm hoping once he's 3-4 years old he might understand this book better.
B
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Skylar Burris
Jun 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
My daughter had fun answering these questions, those that she could.
Danielle Neldon
Apr 05, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was very fun to read. It had a variety of fun and weird facts that I can now use to impress people with my wealth of oddball knowledge.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
O
SM
Rene
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silliest book I have read in a while
jeremy barlow
Mar 02, 2016 is currently reading it
Sarah Sammis
My son read it to me. Proper view soon.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
early reading source for children, to learn about asking questions
Nicole
Dec 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
One of Luke's favorites. He is a huge Seuss fan.
Ruthie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book!
When I was little I would have my mom read it to me every night!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Miller
A book full of trivia and puzzles to exercise the minds of young readers. As imaginative and silly as you would expect.
Kelsie
Nov 20, 2013 added it
Well I liked this book because I like pictures.
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
4 year didn't like the questions, but thought they were tricky.
Charity Rau
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as good as some of Dr. Seuss’s books, but still cute.
Lynn  Davidson
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a silly questions book. Some have possible answers, and make you think. Some are just silly and make you laugh. Fun book for minds of all ages.
Andrea
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books, dr-seuss
This book was so fun to read with my boys! I loved it!

• The Pop-Up Mice of Mr. Brice
  • Dr. Seuss: The Cat Behind the Hat
  • The Seuss, the Whole Seuss and Nothing But the Seuss: A Visual Biography of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • I Spy Little Book: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Oh, the Places He Went: A Story about Dr. Seuss
  • New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)
  • The Boy on Fairfield Street
  • The Jolly Pocket Postman
  • The Nose Book
  • Slightly Invisible (Charlie & Lola)
  • The King with Six Friends
  • Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)
  • Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather
  • Look! A Book!
  • Open Me...I'm a Dog!
  • Dr. Seuss and Mr. Geisel

The Cat in the Hat (5 books)
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Daisy-Head Mayzie