Start by marking “Essentials of Swedish Grammar” as Want to Read:
Essentials of Swedish Grammar

Essentials of Swedish Grammar

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This compact volume offers an integrated guide to the major grammatical concepts needed for writing and speaking Swedish.
Published July 18th 1990 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Essentials of Swedish Grammar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essentials of Swedish Grammar

Nicki Markus
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent compact grammar resource for learning Swedish. Doesn't always cover more in-depth aspects, but is an excellent starting point to master basic-intermediate communication.
Katy
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: swedish
Useful grammar reference that is easily toted around, to be read in spare moments. I would not call it an all-inconclusive grammar book, and this alone would not be enough, but it is helpful to have to supplement my other materials until I find The One. The Philip Holmes Comprehensive and Essential Grammars are great, but at the time, this book seemed to be more what I was looking for in regards to the section on pronunciation and the format. I also felt that this book clarified a lot of my conf ...more
Krysten
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn Swedish. The year is wrapping up and I definitely do not know Swedish, but this book has been a lifesaver while trying to learn! I expect to read this book many, many, many more times!
Kevin Albrecht
Feb 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone learning Swedish.
Recommended to Kevin by: Pia Persson, my Swedish techer; Amazon.com reviews
If you are learning Swedish, this is the single greatest resource.
Bárbara
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good help to those wanting to learn Swedish, but I wouldn't say it's "the essential guide", as the grammar explanations seem to be a bit all over the place. But maybe that's just because of the way I've learned it so far.
Kei
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: svenska
It's okay to be used as a simple reference book on the very basic grammar, but the logic of this book seems a bit off :/ And for many parts, it's more like a touch-and-go.
Could have been better.

P.S. I personally prefer Swedish: An Essential Grammar by Philip Holmes and Ian Hinchliffe.
Kelly
Oct 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
Easy to understand yet very comprehensive. Introduction of new grammar rules is well paced so that you don't feel overwhelmed. I highly recommend it to anyone learning Swedish!
Jake Brannen
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found the methodology disappointingly reductive for my level of academic linguistics, but this is certainly a good place to start for the beginning language learner.
Piotr Kalinowski
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Concise description of the basics to get you started learning Swedish with many real-world examples. Highly recommended.
Chris
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're wanting to learn Swedish, and want a good background in the grammar, I recommend this book.
Karl
Apr 25, 2016
John
Dec 11, 2013
Dennis Chitas
rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2013