Start by marking “Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-3)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1-3)

Humans and half-bloods agree—Percy Jackson and the Olympians is a series fit for heroes! Relive the adventure from the beginning with this boxed set of the first three books with glorious new cover art by John Rocco.

The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. When his mom tells him the truth about
Paperback, Boxed Set, 1032 pages
Published September 16th 2008 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Percy Jackson and the Olympians, please sign up.
Cosette Barrientos It is really good. It really got me entertained. Try reading it, you won't regret it.

Start your review of Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-3)
Julika
Dec 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
It's a series for children, I know, but don't we all need to reconnect with our inner-child sometimes? And this is perfect for pleasure reading. At least if you can find humour in ancient Greek mythology in connection with American younger readers' pop-culture.

And now that I'm done with the first three I cannot wait to get my hands on the others.
Scott
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Beats the pants off Harry Potter. Wonderful YA literature, and one of the few YA works that doesn't draw a thick black line between boys and girls (while, at the same time, it paints a light, subtle and entirely realistic picture of a normal boy's dawning awareness that girls exist).

You can tell Riordan knows his Greek myths inside and out, loves them, and gets it. My only quibble is the way he casts the epic battle(s) in terms of Good vs. Evil: a very Judeo-Christian view, and one that is
Macy Field
This series makes my top 5 favorite series list. My friend made me read them and Im so glad she did
David Krueger
Apr 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I finished the first book, The Lightning Theif, in a day. It's awesome. I kept thinking how good it would be to read this to any kid, especially those with struggles like ADHD and dyslexia. The struggles these kids have turn out to be a blessing. Instead of not seeing correctly, it's that they see overly well. They're given superpowers and are more than mortals. It's a really fun read based on Greek mythology in modern times.
R. L. Carlo
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Official Rating:
5/5 stars
Jeremy Calderon
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read them in 4th and 5th grade but eh, why not put it on here.
Miriam_C2
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joanne Herburn
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
The two stars are mainly because of my history with this book, plus the fact that he wrote it for his son.

I used to love these books, they were very favorite books when I read them and Riordan was, as far as I was concerned, a genius. Then I read some other things, and I got interested in some other books that became my favorites instead of these, but I still remembered these books as really, really great.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I reread the series. I had been reading about them online and
Isabella
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sasha
Mar 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This series was one of the most fun in fantasy fiction, for me! It is real, to the point, very tongue and cheek and almost always full of surprises. For instance when Percy steps out of the 'elevator' that takes his trio to Olympia, he steps out and 'nearly has a heartattack!' It has fantasy mixed with very real human emotions. None of the thinking about mankind and the greater good conflict, this guy wants to know which bully will beat him up in his next school and who his mum will date next. I ...more
Verity Earl
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a cute series for children. I didn't read into it at all (there were probably large plot holes looming that I just purposefully ignored), because I wanted a brainless, fun read. Percy Jackson definitely delivered.
Ariel
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i read all of them they were so great i wanted more of them.
Caitlin
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
helped me with my greek mythology
Liz
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Please read my last comment
Erika
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Got me into reading when I was younger and never fails to make me fall in love again when I re-read!
Cambria
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never a dull moment in the series. All of the books were a delight.
Pang
LOVED this series so freakin much!! Gotta read book 4, soon :D I miss Olympian Gods.. Percy and Annabeth <3 <3 <3
Niharika
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Extremely exciting,thrilling and a must-read for those who LOVE greek mythology.
Jen K
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Completely addictive even if meant for middles school aged readers. Loved how Greek mythology came to life!
Anna
Oct 04, 2010 added it
ok i didnt mean to click on that but yah ive read the whole series and i loved them!
Christopher Hernandez
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i liked this book because i like action and adventure book.
it was a good book for me because i like it
Asher
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it
I think it is a so so book because it doesn't have alot of action and not alot of fighting
Rebecca Annie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you asked me what made my childhood, what part of it makes you remember it so fondly, I would say with out a stutter in my voice Percy Jackson. I've loved this series for as long as I can remember, it's funny and kind, filled with the greatest people you will ever meet, you'll laugh you'll cry hell you'll scream as you read. There is no way (that I can find) by which you could not enjoy this book. It is simply without a doubt the greatest children's series to ever be written. So go buy the ...more
Arianne Carson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first read this series when I was young, however I re read this series and the lost hero series a few months back and completely fell in love with it all over again, I love the fact the main character (Percy Jackson) is sassy and really funny (and so are the other characters) I loved Annabeth and her smarts but her emotions in the books, because she is a strong female character however in this book unlike the strong female trope Annabeth was not afraid to show her emotions like Hermione ...more
Dion Swope
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Without spoilers, I love reading anything by Rick Riordan. His Percy Jackson series may be for YA but I'm middle aged and WILL read this series any time I get a chance. Percy Jackson and his friends each have the weaknesses out in the open, ready to cause one stumbling block after another. Then Mr Riordan takes those seeming weaknesses and shock the reader with a surprise that turns weakness into strength. Nothing is what it seems, the mysteries intertwine, the humor has perfect timing and the ...more
Sierra
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Percy Jackson And The Olympians" is one of my favorite book series. I love gods and goddesses, so the Percy Jackson books have lots of them. The books made me feel powerful. They made me feel powerful because when I read a book I imagine my self as one of the characters. The characters had powers and the defeated Kronos. I read the next series and it was amazing. Thinking about it now I feel like the series was one of the main reasons that I love Greek mythology.
bean
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is actually really interesting and fun to read. It makes you willing to read more and you may get addicted. Although, I would recommend to read the other books first so you will be familiar by what's going on. I remember being absolutely addicted to Percy Jackson books and I would talk about it all the time.
Jas.
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i've read all the percy jackson books and i thoroughly enjoyed them (i read them when i was 11-12). i dont think i would enjoy them as much now just because i feel like it works better for a younger audience.
Angela  Hallifax
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Book is nothing like the movies. These Books were WAY better to read than what was put in the movies. It was nice reading the left out detail from the movies. These books had more detail about what was going and more involvement and better plots.
Tiffany
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an AMAZING series, and I'm glad that I found this set to do a reread. The humor, adventure, and storylines are among the best that can be found in the YA genre, and it's a great choice for readers of all ages, especially if you're at all interested in Greek mythology.
What is your greek or roman god? 2 2 Apr 03, 2019 06:04PM
Rick Riordan's Young Authors 1 1 May 17, 2018 06:09PM
BOOOOOKS: Have you read this? 1 1 Feb 07, 2018 01:56PM
YOUNG ADULT BOOKW...: Ranking the Books 10 181 Jan 31, 2018 04:46AM
Fantasy, Magic, a...: Percy Jackson and the Olympians 4 5 Feb 03, 2017 06:14PM
Join a Cabin 3 2 Jan 17, 2017 08:33AM

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
  • The Harry Potter Collection 1-4 (Harry Potter, #1-4)
  • Harry Potter Boxed Set, Books 1-5 (Harry Potter, #1-5)
  • Eragon & Eldest (Inheritance, #1-2)
  • The Twilight Saga Complete Collection  (Twilight, #1-4, 3.5)
  • Vampire Academy Collection (Vampire Academy, #1-3)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass / City of Fallen Angels / City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #1-5)
  • The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection (Divergent, #1-2)
  • The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed (House of Night, #1-4)
  • Percy Jackson
  • The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • Vampire Academy Box Set (Vampire Academy, #1-4)
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Maximum Ride Five-Book Set

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
“Personally,” Mr. D continued, “I couldn’t care less, but congratulations. Also, I should tell you that we have a new camper today. Peter Johnson.” Chiron murmured something. “Er, Percy Jackson,” Mr. D corrected. “That’s right. Hurrah, and all that. Now run along to your silly campfire. Go on.” 4 likes
“Clarisse’s friends were all laughing, and I was trying to find the strength I’d used to fight the Minotaur, but it just wasn’t there. “Like he’s ‘Big Three’ material,” Clarisse said as she pushed me toward one of the toilets. “Yeah, right. Minotaur probably fell over laughing, he was so stupid looking.” Her friends snickered. Annabeth stood in the corner, watching through her fingers. Clarisse bent me over on my knees and started pushing my head toward the toilet bowl. It reeked like rusted pipes and, well, like what goes into toilets. I strained to keep my head up. I was looking at the scummy water, thinking, I will not go into that. I won’t. Then something happened. I felt a tug in the pit of my stomach. I heard the plumbing rumble, the pipes shudder. Clarisse’s grip on my hair loosened. Water shot out of the toilet, making an arc straight over my head, and the next thing I knew, I was sprawled on the bathroom tiles with Clarisse screaming behind me. I turned just as water blasted out of the toilet again, hitting Clarisse straight in the face so hard it pushed her down onto her butt. The water stayed on her like the spray from a fire hose, pushing her backward into a shower stall. She struggled, gasping, and her friends started coming toward her. But then the other toilets exploded, too, and six more streams of toilet water blasted them back. The showers acted up, too, and together all the fixtures sprayed the camouflage girls right out of the bathroom, spinning them around like pieces of garbage being washed away. As soon as they were out the door, I felt the tug in my gut lessen, and the water shut off as quickly as it had started. The entire bathroom was flooded. Annabeth hadn’t been spared. She was dripping wet, but she hadn’t been pushed out the door. She was standing in exactly the same place, staring at me in shock.” 2 likes