Start by marking “What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?” as Want to Read:
What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?

What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?

(Blue Kangaroo #4)

'What shall we do, Blue Kangaroo?' asks Lily - but Blue Kangaroo doesn't know, so he says nothing. Everyone is too busy to help her, so she does some drawing, all by herself. Blue Kangaroo is most impressed. When it starts to rain, she has only him to help gather the toys in.
Paperback
Published March 1st 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?

Start your review of What Shall We Do, Blue Kangaroo?
Read  Ribbet
Blue Kangaroo has now appeared in multiple Clark stories. In this one, Lily and her toy Blue Kangaroo have to discover ways of operating independently (including with their reading) as surrounding adults seem engaged in other activities. In one scene she actually relieves her Dad from his responsibilities. The reader also sees that the Blue Kangaroo learns the lesson of the importance of being independent as well. It's an engaging read for younger students and sells the message of the need to be ...more
Melanie
A so-so story of a young girl who has to find things to do by herself when the adults around her are too busy to play with her. She takes to asking Blue Kangaroo, her favorite stuffed toy, what to do. However, not knowing what to do, Blue Kangaroo remains silent. He does think that her ideas are good.

When a sudden rainstorm begins to drench the other stuffed toys left outside by the little girl, she runs outside to gather them and bring them inside. She misses the little toy bear, though. So
Ginny Marie
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lily is surrounded by adults who are too busy to play with her and Blue Kangaroo. She starts to try to do things by herself, and Blue Kangaroo is impressed with his Lily. When a storm forces Lily to bring in all her stuffed animals out of the rain, Blue Kangaroo realizes that Tiny Teddy is inadvertently left outside. Inspired by Lily, Blue Kangaroo musters up the courage to go fetch Tiny Teddy by himself.

The further adventures of Lily and Blue Kangaroo teaches young readers that they, too, can
Megan B
Apr 24, 2010 rated it liked it
I didn't like that this little girl seemed lonely and ignored. The adults in her life (aunts, mom, and dad) have no time for her at all through the whole book, always busy with other seemingly important things. So sad. The only person/thing that pays attention to her at all is her blue kangaroo doll.

However, I really liked how it encourages children to come up with their own solutions and entertainment. Sometimes it gets really old being the cruise director all the time.
carrie
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book ten stars, I would! It's such a cute way to show kids what they can do if they decide to! It encourages independence and imagination in a very simple way. It's definitely my favorite of the Blue Kangaroo books -- I read them to Lily, but sweet Ethan loves them too. Each time we get a different one, he gets excited.
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Okay kids story, it was nice that the kangeroo went out to rescue teddy from the rain.

6 out of 10
Kathryn
May 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cherub latched on to this one at the library when I told her that her big sister used to love these books. A cute story about a little girl and her toy kangaroo learning to do things by themselves. I find something about the Blue Kangaroo books endearing,and Cherub loved it.
The Brothers
Lily and her adventures with Blue Kangaroo continue. Very sweet story about how Lily finds she can do so many things "all by herself" with Blue Kangaroo when all the adults around are busy.

As usual, great illustrations along the Blue Kangaroo vein.
Brittany
Sep 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
This book is ok its about a child and her friendship with a blue kangaroo? I like how this book promotes children to do things on their own.
许馨茹
nico 喜欢。。。
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Super cute. If only our stuffed animals could talk and help us when we forget things.
Natasha
May 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Girls age three or four
Shelves: children-s-books
This is one of Opal's favorite books.
N
Sep 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish all kids were this self-sufficient. Lily really knows how to entertain herself, of course with the help of Blue Kangaroo.
Laura Pearce
Jul 09, 2016
Leslie
May 28, 2017
Evan
Dec 07, 2011
Aya Mohamed
rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2015

• Absolutely Almost
  • داستان خرس‌های پاندا: به روایت یک ساکسیفونیست که دوست‌دختری در فرانکفورت دارد
Education:
Chelsea School of Art, B.A. (with honors), 1978;
Royal College of Art, M.A. (with honors), 1983.