Start by marking “Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking (Mindfulness Books Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Feel overwhelmed by your thoughts? Struggling with anxiety about your daily tasks? Or do you want to stop worrying about life?
The truth is...We all experience the occasional negative thought. But if you always feel overwhelmed, then you need to closely examine how these thoughts are negatively impacting your lifestyle.

The solution is to practice specific mindfulness
Published August 21st 2016 by Oldtown Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Declutter Your Mind, please sign up.
Christian I've always believed in peripherality in studies in which you can get the most interesting results if someone from outside the field analyzes the…moreI've always believed in peripherality in studies in which you can get the most interesting results if someone from outside the field analyzes the field itself; which actually creates a lot of new perspectives. (similar to the notion of a kid trying to analyze a big topic, they'll mention something that will always surprise you). Just a grain of salt.

Don't limit yourself. Sometimes a taxi cab driver knows more than a politician. (Idea from Black Swan by Taleb). (less)

Start your review of Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking (Mindfulness Books Series Book 1)
Scott Allan
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been a victim of "monkey mind" for as long as I can remember. Years ago, when I tried to get a better handle on the events that were controlling my life, I focused on the external forces that I was sure had everything to do with my success [and failure] in life. If I was happy, something made me happy. If I was sad or depressed, something else made that happen, too. In my quest to gain greater control of my own life I realized that the thoughts I was creating every moment had everything ...more
Ariadne
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book felt like a compilation of techniques and methods to bring us more mindfulness. It does not go deep in any of the concepts but it brings quick tips to deal with negative thoughts, to reduce or eliminate distractions, to handle bad relationships, to define goals and values and the importance of meditation.
It was nothing new to me because I've already read about the various methods cited by the authors. If you are already comfortable with GTD, the Pomodoro Technique, decluttering
Soul longings
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav
There are books which u read for entertainment and forget and there are books which can change your life for good , I would say this book falls in the latter category and reading this will help you in a long way if you are dealing with a uncontrolled , mind filled with negative thoughts and despair. This is a book which can be read again and again . It helped me very much when my mind was filled with negative thoughts and kept on ruminating, I would keep this book in the league of Seven habits ...more
Marek Unt
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
The authors suggest that the best way to stop worrying and relieve anxiety is to write yourself long to do lists. Oh yeah, and meditation. If you have the time to spare from completing all the lists, obviously.

Serves me right for buying click-bait on-sale books...
kartik narayanan
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The review of 'Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking' is available below

Listen to the podcast at Anchor.fm

Read the full text review at Digital Amrit

Today, we will be talking about ‘Declutter your mind' by S J Scott and Barrie Davenport. It came up in my kindle feed and the premise was interesting.

If negative thoughts cloud your mind or you find yourself reliving painful past incidents in an endless loop but would like to get a grip of what
Jason H
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I grabbed this book for free through Kindle Unlimited, as I was interested in finding some literature on reducing stress, worrying, and anxiety. While this book delivers on all of those counts, I was not overly impressed.

The book feels more like an infomercial for the authors' careers, websites, blogs, and other books than a self-help guide or management book. There were no new or original ideas -- if you've read a few books already, you will be disappointed with this one -- and the regurgitated
Simona
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
"I will strengthen my bond with my family by taking them on vacation at least once in six months. This will be accomplished by setting aside an hour each month during my review session.." - WOW

Ah, one more "great" advice was to think about 3 things you love about your partner, sorry, *SCHEDULE a 30 minutes block on Tuesday so you can reminisce about all the good times you've had together* and tell her/him about them Friday night. So please set aside 30 minutes on Tuesday to think about pleasant
Ashley Marsh
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Some of this was really helpful, some of this was useless.
Tara Brabazon
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
OK. What I'm learning from the declutter 'movement' is that a lot of people have untidy houses and we all have the concentration span of a right wing shock jock after vaping methamphetamines.

This book is descriptive and - perhaps - useful. Yes, digitization can be a problem. We have toxic relationships. Yes we need to tidy our houses...

But the slice of the book that is meaningful and evocative is the section on values. Scott asks that we list our values, then look at our behaviour and our
Logan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh.

This book claims that it will help you “declutter your mind”. Only problem is that it begins to heap one thing after another on to you that it honestly left me more anxious than I was when I started reading. They go through each suggestion or technique at such a brisk pace also. Some you’ll see the value of, others you’ll just kind of go, “Uh, how does this help”.

In all honesty, this is a book designed to make you more productive, not so much less anxious. If productivity is something you’re
Levi
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Decluttering the Junk

This short and concise book on mindfulness was very good. I felt it was more approachable than many other books of similar subject. It's almost like a distillation of many of the best thoughts and exercises concerning living a more mindful and less stressful life. As a society we could all stand to live more in the moment and cut the busyness.
Olga
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good step-by step guidance of how to declutter your mind broken into four sections: your thoughts, life obligations, relationships and surroundings. The way the authors interact is precise. It actually reminds me of school notes when you write all the key points to prepare for the exam. Inspires, yet saves time. To be very picky, there is a bit too much of self-promotion from the authors.
Lori
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
While there were some practical ideas in here, and the list of 400 values words was useful, I guess my mind is empty enough.
Jess
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is jampacked with good stuff. I was already familiar with a lot of the book's content, and I'm OK with that. It's nice to have so much useful stuff in one volume. I also learned a few new things from the book.

The book is like a manual for becoming a more effective, peaceful, and happy person. It covers everything from meditation to improving your personal relationships to decluttering your physical space and your virtual space.

I made lots of notes in the margins and lots of dog years
Miranda Gusmano
Jun 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
I skimmed the second half of the book. These are already ideals and mindsets I currently utilize in my life. I have learn these things from "The Power of Now" "Mastery of Self" "Untether Soul" "Wheels of Life". The solution to everything in this book is making lists and planning which in certain circumstances can be positive but actually found some of the messages to be unmindful or present which does not promote a clutter free mind. I do not recommend this book.
Steven Woloszyk - (Wa-LUSH-ick)
This book is a nice little handbook for learning how to simplify your life and live more “in-the-moment.” It provides tools and techniques for attaining more peace, comfort, and clarity by eliminating things in our lives that lead to negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions.

The book starts with giving us four causes of mental clutter as follows;

• Daily Stress
• The Paradox of Choice-Why Jobs and Zuckerberg wore/wear the same clothes every day.
• Too Much “Stuff”
• The Negativity Bias-We are
Vanessa
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting with a lot of good ideas to take away.
Although obviously you can't and shan't do all of them, especially not all at the same time, there are still many to incorporate or include in our daily lives or some just to increase awareness and be mindful about how and with what we spend our time, how we talk and react to other people and to ourselves, how we work and spend time at home and where we put our priorities - if any.
Definitely worth a read, if only for becoming aware or
Beth
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
i think books like this u can give an opinion but ... u really have to do what is best for you ... u know u ... and if you hear something in a book that u need to adjust .. tune to your kind of rules ... u don't have to go all silly and change everything about yourself ... u know! interesting take! i've always had an issues with worrying or anxiety ... what i am concerned over changes with age ... but it is something i have dealt with since childhood ... i don't think it is something that ...more
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Ah, clutter...we all have it. And in today's world it has gotten into our minds. There are some very good points in this book on how to handle the everyday worries and anxiety that seem to affect all of us. But reading about eliminating it and doing it is quite different. We can always try and I do follow some of the points given in this book but somehow I really am not sure you can turn off what swirls in your mind every minute, hour or day.

But at least this is a road map to follow. And I
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Practical and helpful

I plan to read this book several more times with my journal open so that I can practice the suggestions that resonated with me. The ideas shared by the authors are well-supported and worthwhile. If you are a worrier like me, you are bound to find several ideas that fit you personally. I highly recommend this book!
souvik
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The skills of effective time management is explored

The book satisfied the requirements of personal development that it promised. The book is well organised and free from too many examples that often distract readers.
Pat Morris-jones
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was interesting and useful. Now to do it....Haha.
Bhavani Shankar
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book filled with practical solutions for being mindful. Definitely worth reading.
Cherelyn
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It provided much more information than I expected.
Joseph Santora
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. Simple steps to help you declutter and become more focused are outlined in this book. Steps that can easily be implemented gradually for anyone regardless of your circumstance.
Castle Spooktacular
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
One of the better self help books I've read in a while. Super practical, easy, short, step by step ways to improve your quality of life in every way. A really good read.
Mahashwetha Rao
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Not something new but a short read

Not new or unheard of techniques.
But good one to glance as a reminder.
Not bad book. Gives highlights to de clutter
Kristi
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot of known info compiled in one easy to digest read. Enjoyed reminding myself of things I use to do & need to add back ...more
Kresimir Mudrovcic
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A practical book with some useful tips and ideas on how to declutter life in general, pretty to the point style of writing and easy to digest.
Brad
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Quick easy read. Seems more a collection of other people's ideas, but still. nice reminder of some practices of mindfulness.

• The Art Of Saying NO: How To Stand Your Ground, Reclaim Your Time And Energy, And Refuse To Be Taken For Granted (Without Feeling Guilty!)
  • Do It Today: Overcome Procrastination, Improve Productivity, and Achieve More Meaningful Things
  • THINK STRAIGHT: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
  • Massive Life Success: Live a Stress-Free Life and Achieve Your Goals by Dealing with Anxiety, Stress and Fear
  • The Happy Mind: A Simple Guide to Living a Happier Life Starting Today
  • Master Your Emotions: A Practical Guide to Overcome Negativity and Better Manage Your Feelings
  • Happiness Unlimited
  • Win Your Inner Battles: Defeat The Enemy Within and Live With Purpose
  • 80/20 Your Life! How To Get More Done With Less Effort And Change Your Life In The Process!
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior
  • The Motivation Switch: 77 Ways to Get Motivated, Avoid Procrastination, and Achieve Success
  • Speed Reading: How to Double (or Triple) Your Reading Speed in Just 1 Hour!
  • Introducing Buddha
  • It's Not About You: A Brief Guide to a Meaningful Life
  • The Monkey Theory: Conquer Your Mental Chatter
  • The Heartfulness Way: Heart-Based Meditations for Spiritual Transformation
  • Bhagavad Gita Made Very Easy: Read & Understand Complete Bhagavad Gita in Short Time
Wall Street Journal bestselling author SJ Scott wanted to be Luke Skywalker when he grew up.

Unfortunately his complete lack of physical grace and introverted mannerism's kept the earth from having their own Jedi Knight to battle the Sith menace.

Steve “SJ” Scott was born and raised in New Jersey. After finishing college with a degree in psychology he knew he needed to further his education or work
“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it’s all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius Ever” 3 likes
“Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there—buried” 3 likes