Start by marking “Happiness: 25 Ways to Live Joyfully Through Art” as Want to Read:
Happiness: 25 Ways to Live Joyfully Through Art

Happiness: 25 Ways to Live Joyfully Through Art

From the bestselling author of Mindfulness: 25 Ways to Live in the Moment through Art, comes a new, beautifully illustrated guide to happiness. Drawing upon paintings as a means of inspiration and solace, André teaches us what it means to be happy and how to recognise joy in our lives.

From the birth of happiness in youth, to the return of happiness after a period of pain a
Published July 7th 2016 by Ebury Digital (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happiness

Start your review of Happiness: 25 Ways to Live Joyfully Through Art
Andreea
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Christophe André, an experienced psychiatrist, analyses psychological themes related to the human condition and well-being by exploring several renowned artworks. The author takes us on a journey through the hours of the day, metaphors for the stages we find ourselves in while in pursuit of happiness.

We first observe the birth of happiness, likened to the sun rising in the morning: the joy we feel during our childhood days, the delight accompanying us on our day-to-day lives.

The
Iulia
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in positive thinking
The author chooses 25 famous paintings that he analyzes through the lens of their message regarding the pursuit of happiness.
Happiness is the central idea of the book, and it is approached through a beautiful association of thoughts and emotions (inspired to the author by the paintings), references to psychology (how to integrate the thoughts and emotions inspired by the art of painting into day-to-day life), quotations from universal literature as well as from spiritual leaders, all of them int
Iulia
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an interpretation of art through the lense of finding happiness & the cycle of happiness. It was a very interesting & unique read, but also demanding.
Every chapter starts with a first-sight interpretation of a painting, the recognition of a few elements & some simple but thought provoking questions, which lead to a deeper lesson to be learned about happiness. I loved how art was a doorway to finding out meaningful things about how happines is born, rises and then falls. I would hig
Marina Cucer
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I found this book, i was so excited about its idea: to put together art and happiness :) When I was reading it I felt like I was standing in front of each of the masterpieces, together with the author and we are casually discussing about how they encompass happiness. A nice experience. My very positive rating is also influenced by how much I love paintings and all the stories behind them.
Katya
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
В русском варианте название книги "Искусство счастья. Тайна счастья в шедеврах великих художников".

И д е а л ь н а я к н и г а...

В книге собрано путешествие к счастью через шедевры, которые известны каждому. Сочетание ненавязчивой истории искусства с психологией просто идеальное, а для меня просто неоценимое. Посмотреть на картины Вермеера, Ван Гога, Климта, Клода Моне, Фрагонара, Гогена, Брейгеля, Мунка, Малевича и других через призму счастья - просто невероятно глубокий опыт. Искусство потряс
Debra  Golden
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abdelmajid Boumahdi
A lire dans 2 heures et tirer un maximum d'éléments importants dans la quête du bonheur.
Christophe André egal a lui-même en utilisant un langage simple qui retient le lecteur.
Je recommande vivement ce livre
FlyingBulgarian Svetli H.
Very interesting premise - taking paintings as an inspiration to find happiness within and outside of them. Loved the lessons from each painting.

Very easy, relaxing read which I was able to finish in one sitting.

If you’re feeling blue and love art, this book is for you.
Mathilde
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
une perspective très intéressante sur l'art et la façon dont certaines œuvres nous affectent, du moment que l'on garde à l'esprit que l'art est par définition subjectif, et que deux personnes regardant la même œuvre ne ressentiront pas la même chose !
Celine
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn‘t make it through. I should have checked inside before getting it. It is a walk through on the topic of happiness based on paintings. I‘m not into art enough to finish it but it was interesting for a few paintings
Elena
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 times 5 stars.

I know you, I love you, I honour you - and I'm so happy. This is what I will tell to the sea next time. Happiness regained.
Connie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
an exquisite book that I will purchase so I can enjoy it again and again
Nessa
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful book by Christophe Andre. Five star recommendation.
Cel Kila
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intéressante façon de mettre en relief le sujet du bonheur en philosophie.
Marina Catarau
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christophe André the BEST!
Barbara
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
another wonderful book

I wish I could afford a paperback of this. Christophe Andre's books are ones to cherish and return to again and again.
Cristina Mercori
25 de tablouri pentru a înțelege fericirea.
25 de lecții pentru a învăța să trăiești fericit.
Radu Andrei Deme

• Les 5 Blessures qui empêchent d'être soi-même
  • Il Che: l'amore, la politica, la rivolta
  • Thanks for the Memories
  • دیوانه بازی
  • The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Nonsmokers Using the Easyway Method
  • Wear Sunscreen: A Primer for Real Life
  • How Will You Measure Your Life?
  • Il est grand temps de rallumer les étoiles
  • The Kingmaker's Daughter (The Cousins' War #4)
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service Into a World-Class Brand
  • 50 cele mai frumoase scrisori de dragoste din toate timpurile
  • Three Blind Mice and Other Stories (Miss Marple, #5.5)
  • Blood Royal