Start by marking “The Mindset of Organization: Take Back Your House One Phase at a Time” as Want to Read:
The Mindset of Organization: Take Back Your House One Phase at a Time

The Mindset of Organization: Take Back Your House One Phase at a Time

Have you bought and read more books on home organization than you can count?

Let me guess:
• Go paperless.

• Get rid of everything that doesn’t spark joy.

• Color coordinate your wardrobe.

Um, yeah. I print emails, keep kids’ school papers, and my wardrobe is anything that fits and isn’t too revealing.
And yet, I’m organized.

There really is no denying that as you mov
Published August 18th 2016 by LKW Enterprises, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Mindset of Organization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindset of Organization

Carolyn
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ehh...

There were some great tips, but there was a LOT of personal info and stories that didn't necessarily have an overall "lesson". Also - she hired a nanny, a house cleaner and a personal assistant?! And pays for someone to do her laundry? There's a bit of a disconnect between what she is financially capable of and what most people not making that kind of money can afford.
Nicole
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A personal and practical take on organizing at whatever stage of life we are in.

I have read dozens of organizing books; Julie Morgenstern, David Allen's "Getting Things Done" and the tidying up book, and Lisa Woodruff's "Mindset of Organization" fits right in with the big ones.

This book took on organizing at a personal level. It was a pleasure to read and is a well balanced mix with personal stories and practical ideas.

Over time we go through stuff and our organizing needs change.
Her recogniti
Debra
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
This book was just ok. I liked how the author talked about the four different stages of life we go through and how those affect the way we organize. She gave some good tips, too. However, the book read more like her memoir. She talked about herself way too much. I understand telling a personal story to set up what you want to teach your audience, but I don't need to hear all the gory details about your life (I wonder if she is getting any kickbacks from Cymbalta). Plus, many of the stories didn' ...more
Kitty Jay
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
More aimed at moms

Virtually all of this was for Christian moms. I'm used to skipping a chapter or two about organizing kids' rooms or ignoring the constant references to being a busy mom, but pretty much this entire book is about that. When it's not, she tends to go on long, rambling digressions about her life until I started to wonder if I was reading a book on organizing or a biography. The only actionable advice she really gave was to pay for her program to clean your house. There was really
Caran-marie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A Few Good Ideas and Lots of Ramblings

I liked the idea of the adult phases of life. They make sense to me. But then I am Montessori trained and phases of life have always made sense to me. I also really liked the Sunday Basket and will be putting that into use. However I was looking for more practical advice and this felt more like a book to wet your whistle and sell you her 100 day program.
Priscila Morais dos Santos
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's the best book I've read on home organization. Lisa brought up some great tips and explained in details how to implement them. Also, she explains why we accumulate stuff the way we do. The only thing I don't like because I've tried and totally doesn't work for me it's the Sunday Basket, that's why it's not a 5 stars book but 4. Besides that, I already enjoyed Lisa's podcast Organize 365 but after this book I became a fan.
SunflowerGrrl
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A different take on getting organized...

A really useful and inspiring look at organizing through all of life’s stages. I love the author’s honesty and willingness to share her struggles. Having just ended the “sandwich generation” phase of life as both my parents have passed on, I could really empathize with her. Tons of useful tips and lots of really useful ways to think about clutter and organization. Recommend!
Lacy Thomas
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed being able to relate to author

Loved how Lisa shared her personal experience. It made the book relatable. Lots of helpful information. I also love that I'm not alone in the my house doesn't have a clear countertop! The book was great!
Hannah Jinks
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I waffled between a 2 and 3 star rating for this one. I decided to round up, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you are looking for a very light, not super specific book on organizing.

Positives: Her focus on different stages of life is really great. Identifying that I am in the accumulation stage (married, bought a house, baby...) helps me to remember that while I can still strive to keep things simple and organized, there are going to be a lot of new things coming in to help keep th
Mary
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I've been listening to Lisa's podcasts for awhile now. I would say that at least 85% of this book was stuff she's talked about in her podcasts. Honestly I probably would have liked this book more if I had listened to the audiobook. I love listening to Lisa talk, she just makes you feel like you can get organized, she's so encouraging. While I was able to get that from the book it just wasn't the same. I gave it 3 stars because it wasn't new information if you're a podcast listener, but it was in ...more
Jackie
This book had some interesting ideas on the decision making process.
Emilie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
It didn't bring me much, and I felt there was way too much talk about her life for that kind of book.
KMH
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa doesn't sugarcoat it, it's hard work but worth it.

Great book! Lisa goes through not only how to get organized, but why and how you got disorganized. Loved it!
Jessica Powell
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read lots and lots of organization books lately, and this one has been the best by far! The author's tone is warm and non-judgemental, and the tips are both specific and realistic, which leaves you feeling motivated to start implementing them. If you're looking for some organisational and decluttering tips, this is the book to get.
Robyn
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Lisa's advice on how to organize and this is just the best. It's no nonsense and right to the point, from the beginning she shows you how to look at organizing to be super efficient. I am so thankful for Lisa and this book!!! A+
Lesley Looper
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I went between two and three stars on this one, decided to round up to a three. There are plenty of good tips in this one, but most of the personal stories didn't add much for me. Overall, though, some good take-aways.
april kilfoyle
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book helped me with my thought process

Enjoyed reading this book. It helped with letting things go, which for me was half the battle. Many good ideas on organizing. I recommend the book.
Andrea
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Lisa Woodruff! Her book was packed with interesting tidbits.
Marcia
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Really enjoyed this book.

Kristin
Feb 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Foods That Cause You to Lose Weight: The Negative Calorie Effect
  • Fix It, Make It, Grow It, Bake It: The DIY Guide to the Good Life
  • EFT and Tapping for Beginners: The Essential Eft Manual to Start Relieving Stress, Losing Weight, and Healing
  • The Get Yourself Organized Project: 21 Steps to Less Mess and Stress
  • The Holistic Home: Feng Shui for Mind, Body, Spirit, Space
  • Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter: Simplify Your Life One Minute at a Time
  • Downsizing the Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go
  • Stretching to Stay Young: Simple Workouts to Keep You Flexible, Energized, and Pain Free
  • Just Like Ice Cream
  • The One-Minute Organizer Plain  Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order
  • Portraits From Memory and Other Essays
  • The Herbal Kitchen: 50 Easy-to-Find Herbs and Over 250 Recipes to Bring Lasting Health to You and Your Family
  • It's Never Too Late
  • Love the Home You Have: Simple Ways to…Embrace Your Style *Get Organized *Delight in Where You Are
  • Digging Out: Helping Your Loved One Manage Clutter, Hoarding, and Compulsive Acquiring
  • The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook: An Essential Collection of 300 Designer Stitches and Techniques
  • 50 Ways to Wear a Scarf
  • It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over: Reinventing Your Life--and Realizing Your Dreams--Anytime, at Any Age