Start by marking “Breaking Free” as Want to Read:
Breaking Free

Breaking Free

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  321 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Evelyn

Dave became something I never thought I would have. He made me feel things I have never felt before and came into my life when I needed him the most.

I felt protected, worshiped and most of all.. Loved, I am loved fully and completely and without restraint. He consumes me.

Dave

Evelyn is everything I never thought I would want or need. My life was dedicated to my wor
Published October 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Free

Denna✌
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gi's Spot Reviews
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 'Breaking Free' Stars

This story was so incredibly sweet, sexy, emotional and most of all enrapturing! LeAnn Ashers did a fantastic job in condensing all these elements in the most perfect of ways in this short little read.

Those of us that read Loving his Forever, knew that Dave and Evelyn’s reaction to one another would be give an epic love story of their own, but the result was so much more than we could have anticipated. It took as through an unforgettable journey, that showed us an immeas
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I was so excited to see Evelyn get an HEA with a true hero and Dave fit the definition perfectly. From the first protective instinct to his 100% never wavering devotion Dave stole my heart. Sometimes I just need to have low stress instalove reads. Where there's no inner relationship drama and fast moving plots. LeAnn Ashers is one that always checks those boxes. This relationship had the sweetest romantic trifecta of epilogues that had me grinning and teary. Just so good.

Can't wait for more.
♡Tonya♡
** 4 cheesy grin stars **

Another short, yet satisfying read for me today! One of my favorite type of story is a ROMANCE where the couple remain strong and the drama is from outside sources. This couple got together and stayed together! I could kick myself that I hadn't read this sooner!

Dave and Evelyn - perfect couple. He is strong, alpha, sexy and protective. She is also strong. yet vulnerable. After all she had been through, I am thrilled she got her HEA.

~amazing, damn near perfect, alpha her
Tina
Sep 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
I hope she improved her writting and that this one isn't all over the place with ott scenes and cartoonish bad guy characters
ijeoma Agbaje
Oct 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
nopeeeeee, did not like this book at all. The writing style, the plot everything was just flat.
Looking at the clock i see it's eight o clock. I need to bring the horses inside of the barn for the night. "i need to take care of the horses" "I will go do that. Go start a bath"
*sigh* it felt like the speech was mechanical and just wasn't flowing.
It's a novella anyway so i can't be that mad but damn the author needs to step up her game.
Also Leann Ashers seems to have this need to have a bad guy in
Emily
The minute Dave saw Evelyn he knew was going to be his everything. Having been in the Marines for years, he never made time for a relationship but retired now he was ready. Evelyn though has secrets and a man who doesn't seem to want to let her go.

This was short but I think it also had too much in it, if that makes sense. I liked the concept but where I would ave liked a bit more development between Dave and Evelyn, there was a lot of extra parts of the story that had me scratching my head. Woul
C
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
4.5/5
I was privileged enough to receive an ARC of Breaking Free. Thank You for the opportunity!!

Breaking Free is Evelyn’s (Sydney’s [Book 1] and Ethan’s [Book 2] Mother) and Dave’s (Ethan’s CO from the Marines) story.

Ashers created this story to break your heart, then put it back together again. What Evelyn had been though does just that, it breaks your heart, but Dave is there to pick up the pieces and make her (and us as readers) whole again.

Like all of Ashers men in her books Dave is a loyal
Djg
Sweet and loving fairy tale about Sydney & Ethan's mom Evelyn and Dave who was Ethan's C.O in the military. Sexy mature characters.
No cheating/separation. h has a stalkerish guy who she turned down dates with.
This author gives sugary sweet epilogues, whats not to like?
Melissa Mendoza
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“She closes her eyes, her little hands are shaking as she lifts them to my chest. I put my hand on her face and she opens them to my chest. I put my hand on her face and she opens her eyes, a tear falls and I catch it with my thumb.”

Heat Rating:

photo 4 Orgasm Button_zpslila3vr1.jpg

5 Breaking Free stars!!! Another phenomenal book by LeAnn!!

photo 5 Buttons_zpsu895julz.jpg

Evelyn has had a hard life, and that’s putting it mildly. And when she meets Dave she know she’s found the person who will make her feel safe and keep her out of harms way. The problem?? Danger
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

After reading Protecting His Forever and Loving His Forever and becoming addicted to LeAnn Ashers alpha, over protective, mouthwatering heroes, I couldn't wait to meet Dave and read his and Evelyn's story. When I originally opened up Breaking Free and stepped into this fictional world, I didn't realize that Evelyn was the mother to Sydney and Ethan who I had already fallen in love with in her previous books. Evelyn and Dave immediately swept me
April Symes
Breaking Free is Evelyn & Dave’s story. Evelyn is Sydney and Ethan;s mother , while Dave is Ethan’s CO from the Marines. It’s a hearbreaking story that will have you in tears yet will have you rooting for Eveyln to find happiness and joy after what pain and terror she went thru at that young age.
Evelyn moved to the big city with big dreams at 19 only to have those dreams taken from her when she was kidnapped and abused by that said kidnapper who was a stranger to her. She was held captive f
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Evelyn lived a nightmare when she was younger, suffering greatly, until she got out alive. She never thought she would be able to move out of the overwhelming fear, which left deep scars, and she finds herself hiding away. Dave is a strong alpha male that falls completely for Evelyn from the moment he met her. He knows she's still haunted, but he makes it his mission to show her that she's safe now, and he would do anything to protect her. The more walls he knocks down, the more he leads her int ...more
Jen_C
Evelyn has a certain something...it apparently made some random nameless dude see her and, at 1st sight, kidnap her, abuse her, impregnate her x2 and hold her hostage for 4 years. She escapes and never contacts her father (a COP) or mother for 27+ years. Details were sketchy.

Then Dave meets her and, within hours, falls for her, protects her, spends the night.

THEN some dude named Marcus becomes obsessed with her and starts trouble on her 1st date with Dave, but first his friend waves his dick at
Sarah Armstrong
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly fantastic

Wow, this story was incredible. We have Evelyn, Ethan & Sydney's mother & Dave, who is a total alpha. Can these two make it through or is someone in the way. We find out why Evelyn has to constantly move & it's heartbreaking. But just one look from Dave & he's mad up his mind, she will be his!!
The book had everything. Some twists, suspense. Sexy times. Must read. & definitely start with Sydney's story you don't want to miss out on this series.
Great writing
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and my word, it will not be the last. I am going to be 1-clicking the other books. This is the story of Evelyn and Dave. After Evelyn had to endure so much pain and terror at a young age, she deserves some happiness and some joy in her life. Dave is a hot loyal alpha, and he is determined to protect and love Evelyn no matter what.
This is a fast paced, short story, but I was enthralled throughout, and I cannot wait to read more of this
Courtney Wade
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This book was great!! I'm so glad we got Evelyn's story cause God knows she deserves her happy ending....even if it took 20+ years for her to get it! Evelyn was hurt when she was younger and suffered until she got out. She's been hiding for so long until she meets Dave and he saves her. He shows her how much she deserves happiness and to feel safe again. God help anyone who wants to hurt her now cause he will mess them up! This was a great read and well worth the wait! I was given an ar ...more
Theresa Alberts
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Breaking Free by Leann Ashers is a cute standalone romance that shows you in the face of a tragic part of your life, you can be strong, independent but still find the love of your life you've been waiting for. This quick read is full of insta-love, alpha males, and aggressive guys who don't get the hint.

3 stars
M M
Loved this just as much the second time around. Love that they were together through the whole story. Om drama from someone who wanted the h. Safety:The h was kidnapped and held for 4 years and had 2 kids with the kidnapper before she escaped. Wasn't descriptive.
Beth  Diaz
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compassionate, sexy, addictive books

Is the first book for Leann Asher, one that I found after having read some of her Grim Sinners MC series and the Devil's Souls MC Series. Now I get from where thus men get to be so possessive and protective. Evelyn story is a very sad one given all that happened to her along her life. She thinks that love will never find her, little dis she knew that it would, and when she would needed the most.

Dave served with Evelyn's older so n in the military, and comes ho
Bitches N' Books
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: Breaking Free
Author: LeAnn Ashers

“She closes her eyes, her little hands are shaking as she lifts them to my chest.  I put my hand on her face and she opens them to my chest.  I put my hand on her face and she opens her eyes, a tear falls and I catch it with my thumb.”

Heat Rating:

photo 4 Orgasm Button_zpslila3vr1.jpg

5 Breaking Free stars!!!  Another phenomenal book by LeAnn!!

photo 5 Buttons_zpsu895julz.jpg

Evelyn has had a hard life, and that’s putting it mildly.  And when she meets Dave she know she’s found the person who will make her feel safe and keep
Sylvia Haenga
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It!

Loved this book after meeting Evelyn in the 1st forever book, I wondered if she was going to get her HEA and after reading Ethan's book with her meeting Dave found out she does have one and wasted no time in downloading her book. Great read and a bit emotional when she finally see's her parents after 30 years. I really hope that the rest of Dave's guys get a book too especially Michelle and Daniel's book.
Zoe
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was beautifully written and flowed. Was an absolute emotional storm. Was so beautiful I adore this book. This book made me cry so hard but I absolutely loved this book.

LeAnn Ashers hits it out of the park everytime. Seriously have your tissues ready for this book
Elaine Sturgill
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

So glad the story continued. I was going to see if there was a book about Evelyn and Dave and then found it! Love it
Cassandra Rodgers
Heartbreaking

You read snipats of her story when you read Ethan and Sydney's stories, but her shirt story makes you laugh and cry...
Jamie  Leigh
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was a great read. I love the fact that Mom finally got something good.This has been a wonderful series!
Kimberly