Start by marking “Beyond the Stars: At Galaxy's Edge” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Stars: At Galaxy's Edge

Beyond the Stars: At Galaxy's Edge

(Beyond the Stars: Space Opera Anthologies #3)

A dozen science fiction writers, including New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors, offer remarkable tales in this third collection of space opera stories presented under the Beyond the Stars banner.

These twelve stories showcase strange new worlds, alien life forms, and deep space battles.

Come with us to where the legends are born... at galaxy’s edge.

Books
Published August 22nd 2016 by Astral Books (first published August 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Stars

Start your review of Beyond the Stars: At Galaxy's Edge
Carol Kean
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AVID READERS CAN LIVE A THOUSAND LIVES. Not just on Earth, but on strange new worlds with alien life forms, or on spaceships sailing through the cosmos, or as brilliant AIs who think, “we are people, too.”

“Illuminating our humanity in the face of new extraordinary challenges is the space opera writer’s job,” says Jennifer Foehner Wells in her Foreword to “At Galaxy’s Edge.” This anthology, the third under the “Beyond the Stars” banner, delivers twelve original stories by bestselling authors who
Andy
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
The next volume in the 'Beyond The Stars' Space Opera anthology series, and just like the previous volumes before it, 'At Galaxy's Edge' is another great selection of short stories, written by 12 fantastic authors, most of which I've not heard of before, but will now keep a watch out for.

The Q&A with the authors after each story is very enjoyable, each giving you an insight into what inspired them to write the story, their personality, and where to find more of their work.

For an anthology,
Alessandro
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good and well edited anthology.

All stories were enjoyable and of good quality, some better than others , the book starts strong ,than Hold well and finished strong again.
I liked that at the beginning of the book we can find an introduction for each one of the stories to prepare the mood for our reading , each work is followed by few words on the author or a short interview.
To review an anthology is always difficult and I don't usually rate them more than 4 stars,but for the reasons above
Mrs
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Entertainment

All the stories were well written. Some were not my cup of tea, some were obscure, and some were absolutely excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
david noyek
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good mix modern SF stories

No traditional big eyes monsters in these stories Mixture of
Esp. And similar not suitab!e for YA reader ship. ENTERTZINING
Christopher  Christiansen
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is everything I would expect and more. Each selection not only fits into the genre of “space opera,” but also correlates to the theme of persons and/or places that lie on the fringes of the mainstream. At Galaxy's Edge is thereby quite a fitting title. Among its twelve stories, nearly every space opera reader will find more than a few books that suit their tastes, and possibly great new leads on new material.

As an anthology, I can't use my standard form for reviewing this book.
Leo McBride
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last year, I stumbled across the splendid Dark Beyond The Stars anthology - in fact you can read my review of that smashing collection here - and I wasn't aware at all that there were more anthologies following in its wake until I saw Jennifer Foehner Wells tweeting about a discount weekend. Duly spotted, duly bought.
There are two successor anthologies to that collection - Beyond The Stars: A Planet Too Far (lined up on my Kindle for future) and this one, At Galaxy's Edge, which puts the focus
Norma Mason
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very different!

The stories here show imagination, and creativity. Some were not my cup of tea, but all were well written. There were several that I'd love to see expanded into a larger venue!
Mike Martin
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My literary taste usually runs to non-fiction and history, but this anthology is a nice change and may prompt me to read more sci-fi. Let me comment on three of its stories.
Michael Ezell's "The Good Food" blurs any distinctions between animals, vegetables and minerals. Jensen, the protagonist soldier-scientist and his dog, Roy, are sent on a mission to assess earlier experiments on a distant planet. What used to be called suspended animation is now called stasis and allows the crew to endure
Fire
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of short stories by various authors. It is so fun to see how different authors take an idea and run with it and the various stories can be so vastly different and intriguing as well. These were a lot of fun to read and my favorites were the stories by David Bruns (who has become one of my favorite authors the last few years, if you haven't checked out his other books do yourself a favor and try them out, they are amazing!), Adam Quinn, and Caroline Gill.

Honestly I
Trisha Perry
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is written by 12 amazing sci-fi authors that have come together under the Beyond the Stars title. They offer such awesome tales that take place in different worlds and in most cases aren't even human characters but each of the 12 stories takes place on the edge, of space that is.
I really enjoyed each of the 12 stories, many by authors I already know, and some by new authors I can't wait to read more of. Adam Quinn's "Procurement" is one of those new authors I can't wait to read more of, his
AK Mama Reads
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So far I've had the pleasure of reading both Adam Quinn's and Caroline A. Gill's contributions to the anthology and they are each a balance of heartbreaking and hysterical.

Procurement answered some questions I didn't even know I had after reading Flashpoint (the first book in the Drive Maker trilogy which released earlier this month.) This is a great look at Quinn's style and works well on its own for those who haven't read his other work yet. Political and irreverent, this is a great fit
Dominic
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic fun reading

There are so many great space adventures contained in this anthology. From treasure hunters to a blossoming AI that saves an extended mission.
Cmoore
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Space Opera bonanza! Here comes the third book in this series... Patrice has done it again with a group of fantastic writers...
I've got to say, The Good Food is a perfect story to start with, albeit a bit creepy. The book finishes with the fun little read -Elvis Has Left the Building- and it's a perfect ending for this collection.
Once again I've found some some new authors that will need further investigation, so Hello to Michael Ezell, Chris Fox, & Piers Platt.
David Bruns, E.E. Giorgi,
Marcella Parker
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will begin by saying I was given a free copy of this anthology in exchange for my honest opinion.

But honestly, I absolutely loved it! Every story in it had something unique and mesmerizing, and often thought provoking. Even being short stores, every single one grabbed my attention and got me hooked, but still left me satisfied when they ended.

I certainly had my favorite stories, some having better details and characters, but every single one was still a great read! There are so many worlds to
Karen
Another amazing collection by the Beyond The Stars anthology authors.I like being able to read stories by authors i already know and finding little treasures by new writers to enjoy.My favorites are The Quarium Wars by E.E. Giorgio which was insightful.The Epsilon Directive by David Bruns was intriguing and reveals the true natures of humanity.Second Place by Nick Webb was outstanding and worth the price of the book alone.I received a copy of this book from the authors in exchange for an honest ...more
Angie Taylor
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a really enjoyable anthology from different authors about space exploration and all the possibilities the future might hold. I loved the variety of stories with the differing characters and technological advancements. This anthology is a perfect representation of the power of imagination. Lots of fun!
Stan Waters
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Some great,some good, some not

This was an entertaining collection. There were a couple of stories that I skipped over after a few pages though. Most others were good glimpses of some rising talent in this genre. I recommend it, after all you can't beat a free book.
Al Lock
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Great collection. Well written, well chosen and very entertaining. A solid SF collation.
John Long
Sep 10, 2016
Henrik Dohlmann
May 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ahead Full (The Kurtherian Gambit, #19)
  • Darkest Before the Dawn (The Second Dark Ages #3)
  • Sanctioned (Kurtherian Gambit: Age of Expansion: The Ascension Myth, #4)
  • Beyond the Stars: New Worlds, New Suns: a space opera anthology
  • Redemption (The Boris Chronicles, #4)
  • Etheric Recruit: A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Etheric Adventures: Anne and Jinx, #1)
  • Capture Death (The Kurtherian Gambit, #20)
  • Challenges (Frank Kurns Stories of the UnknownWorld, #4)
  • The Darkest Night (The Second Dark Ages #2)
  • Life Goes On (The Kurtherian Gambit, #21)
  • Forever Defend (The Kurtherian Gambit #17)
  • Death Becomes Her (The Kurtherian Gambit #1)
  • Activated (Kurtherian Gambit: Age Of Expansion: The Ascension Myth, #2)
  • Rogue Mage: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Path of Heroes, #1)
  • Nomad's Justice (Kurtherian Gambit: Terry Henry Walton Chronicles #6)
  • Called (Kurtherian Gambit: Age Of Expansion: The Ascension Myth, #3)
  • Nomad's Force (Kurtherian Gambit: Terry Henry Walton Chronicles #9)
  • Risk Be Damned: A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Trials And Tribulations, #1)
Patrice Fitzgerald has had many incarnations, including lawyer, writer, publisher, singer, mother, wife, and redhead… though not necessarily in that order.

She has many tales set in the WOOLiverse, and more to come. They include:

The Sky Used to be Blue, Karma #1
Cleaning Up, Karma #2
Deep Justice, Karma #3
Rising Up, Karma #4
Last Walk, Karma #5

SILO SECRETS: Daniel

Be on the lookout for more of

Beyond the Stars: Space Opera Anthologies (5 books)
  • Dark Beyond the Stars: A Space Opera Anthology
  • Beyond the Stars: A Planet Too Far (A space opera anthology, #2)
  • Beyond the Stars: New Worlds, New Suns: a space opera anthology